PDA

View Full Version : Vive BT & telemarketing

Duskygrin
11-22-2006, 07:13 AM
. .

mrconeman
11-22-2006, 07:24 AM
I seen this on another forum, it's still awesome.
I fucking hate telemarketers. Hah, I love how the colours of the video changes to show the severity of his voice.

HeadAroundU
11-22-2006, 02:48 PM
It reminded me of Hitler. Awesome.

Venom Symbiote
11-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Never blame the telemarketers themselves. Rule number one.

It should be official law: don't fucking disrespect telemarketers or retail clerks. They're just going about their day doing their shitty job just like you are.

And getting paid less.

Blame their bosses, the people forcing the impolite tactics upon their employees, not the guy or girl on the other end of the phone.

T-6005
11-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Blame the people who call you. Don't like being yelled at? Work somewhere else.

0r4ng3
11-22-2006, 03:07 PM
I never understood how there are still telemarketers around. Do people actually buy stuff from these companies? I think that's as bad as clicking a banner/pop-up ad on teh internets.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Blame the people who call you. Don't like being yelled at? Work somewhere else.

Wrong. Sometimes there just aren't jobs anywhere else. Trust me. It's like when people at work shout at me for the prices of drinks (the place I work is hella expensive). It isn't my fault, assholes.

I agree with Venom. At least they have a job, trying to earn their own income, rather than sponging.

By the way, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToDFvfw6FX8&NR is funnier.

Venom Symbiote
11-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Exactly. Before I left the Radioshack, people used to yell at me (at almost the same intensity as the guy in the phone call in the first post) after being told that no, they cannot return for a refund a battery that has, unfortunately, been used.

Or a printer cartridge that has been opened out of the packet because they were dumb enough to not check it was the right one, buying it on a guess.

I actually got personally blamed for the prices of a few items, too, when I was a fucking 16 year old highschool student working there on weekends to save up some cash for college. Like I make the executive decision on how much to sell a network cable for?

People need to take this shit into consideration. The people calling you are usually basically kids in their early 20's doing what they're told to pay the goddamn rent. They don't enjoy calling you while you're eating dinner any more than you enjoy being called.

In closing, the guy on the receiving end of the phone call was a giant flaming shit-hole if I ever encountered one.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Agreed. People who shout at telemarketers, and McDonalds workers, and people in bars.. does it make you feel big? Sure, I don't like telemarketing. I find it annoying. I don't like it when I get the wrong drink in a bar. But there's no need to flip out like an asshole. As Venom says, mostly they're just kids doing shitty jobs so they can pay their inflated rent so they can do something with their life. Who begrudges them that? Not me, for damn sure.

Sinister
11-22-2006, 04:50 PM
I can relate to the telemarketer since my job (phone directory assistance agent) is a phone-relationship with customers; I got a "Fuck you" when I told a customer he had to get off the line after I provided him the number. (Of course he has to, there's other people who want me to look for numbers too)... and the worst part is they (customers) call, and they get mad at the people who do all the work for them.

nameless
11-22-2006, 06:03 PM
i just think some telemarketers attitudes are wrong. i got a call from a man trying to sell me something, he introduced himself, told me his company and what he was selling etc. then after asking about 3 questions and realising i wouldnt be suitable for what he was selling he just hung up! i dialled the "last caller" and got his number, i was so tempted to ring up and complain about him but at the end of the day the manager no doubt couldnt have cared less!

saying that, i was bored at the time and was just gonna make out i was interested and keep him talking for ages as if i wanted whatever it was he was selling, pretty silly i know so i probably got what was coming!

the wrost thing though is people who ring you up reading from a script, you ask them a question about the product or service and theyre like "erm, i dont know" and just start talking about something else!

its not a job i would like to do!

Izie
11-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Any smart telemarketer would have hung up right away. It's not exactly teir job to listen to someone vent because he had a bad day/he's a dick in general. Go have some sex man, it should relieve the stress.

T-6005
11-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Wrong. Sometimes there just aren't jobs anywhere else.
I'm sorry, but that's not my worry. Someone is calling me and annoying me. I'm sure that "sometimes" there aren't jobs anywhere else. However, I don't feel that that excuses what the job does. I can (and will) yell at telemarketers, and don't feel bad for them when it happens. It's one of the job hazards, that's all there is to it. It's a hazard in any job where you have to deal with the public, merely more pronounced in this medium.

TheUnholyNightbringer
11-23-2006, 12:15 AM
I disagree that it's a job hazard. It's only become a job hazard because people enjoy yelling at telemarketers and making them feel small for no good reason. There are plenty of ways to stop telemarketers calling - go ex-directory, get a number blocker from Halfords (many phone companies now offer a blocker that blocks numbers you dont recognise) or if they call you at night.. unplug your phone.

I don't accept that being yelled at by assholes is an inevitability. Alright, you don't like being called up. Tell that to the company if you want to complain, not some 19 year-old with a shit job who's just trying to make ends meet.

T-6005
11-23-2006, 12:30 AM
I'm not saying it's the way it should be. I'm saying that that's the way it is and that if you're a telemarketer you're just going to have to accept it.

wheelchairman
11-23-2006, 02:20 AM
I never understood how there are still telemarketers around. Do people actually buy stuff from these companies? I think that's as bad as clicking a banner/pop-up ad on teh internets.

I have a friend who works every day selling newspapers over the phone. He needed a job and this is one he could get.

I never get called by telemarketers. But then again, I don't throw my phone number around.

Manic Subsidal Boy
11-23-2006, 02:23 AM
I have a friend who works every day selling newspapers over the phone. He needed a job and this is one he could get.

I never get called by telemarketers. But then again, I don't throw my phone number around.

You should try and sell the telemarketers your own products

wheelchairman
11-23-2006, 02:31 AM
You should try and sell the telemarketers your own products

Spare car parts?

Bazza
11-23-2006, 08:53 AM
I guess you can get problems in any job. I get shouted at by customers when there's no stock on the shelves and none in the warehouse. It's not my fault, I don't do the orders, but I still do the job because I desperately need the money.

Bazza
11-23-2006, 09:04 AM
I couldn't get immune to shouting & abuse.

I was in the cadets for four years, so I got used to it. Also the motivation of knowing I'll come out of uni with a good job drives me.

mrconeman
11-23-2006, 01:02 PM
I usually don't yell at them. I say "wait one moment" and then leave the phone on and go watch tv or something.

0r4ng3
11-23-2006, 01:15 PM
I usually don't yell at them. I say "wait one moment" and then leave the phone on and go watch tv or something.
That's brilliant, and it gives me an idea.

Next time I get a call from a telemarketer, I'll listen to what they have to say, and then say "Oh, sure, I'd love to buy (product)! I should make this quick, though, because my phone--"

And then hang up.

Hey, it sounded funnier in my head.

Venom Symbiote
11-23-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm glad at least a few other folks here know the pain of retail and how douchey consumers as a whole truly are.

Seriously, if half of these people applied the same tones of voice they use to retail clerks to a random person on the street, they'd be fucking bashed.

nameless
11-23-2006, 03:06 PM
i would only do the job if there was nothing else, its just something where you get a low wage and work on commision, how many people do they really sign up for their service or sell their product to?!

Bazza
11-23-2006, 03:09 PM

Or put them on hold and play some death metal music down the phone.

I always reply in Russian, it kinda messes with the head when you switch form English to Russian. I don't shout though, just try and be original.

Bazza
11-23-2006, 03:15 PM
First time I am polite, but it's the companies that you ask to be removed from their numbers list, and then still ring you which annoy me. We had one company ring our house and I said I'm not interested etc etc, then they rang back five minutes later! You can't win with companies like that.

Venom Symbiote
11-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Thencomplaintothecompany'smanagementnotthepoorkido nthephoneyoudick.

That is all.

Bazza
11-23-2006, 03:19 PM
They never listen.

That's why if I speak in a foreign language they'll probably remove my number because they think I'm a nutter. It's a peaceful solution, not a shouty shouty solution, which never works.

Bazza
11-23-2006, 03:26 PM
I always remember the double glazing salesman coming to the door and trying to sell us it, when we've already got it!

I think door-to-door salesmen are almost banned in England now, though not 100% certain. Definately don't have them coming anymore though.

Bazza
11-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Ok, maybe not banned, but more like regulated. Mainly because there were a lot of pushy salesmen who will make little old ladys spend there last few pennys on some tat they don't need. I think it's more discouraged, like I said I wasn't 100% sure.

Bazza
11-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound defensive either!!

Bazza
11-23-2006, 03:57 PM
literally its доброй ночи
"dobroi nochi"