PDA

View Full Version : Children Of Bodom

Bad Omen
10-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Best Band ever?

www.cobhc.com

fansite: www.scythes-of-bodom.com

If you don't know them they're an awesome Finish Melodic Power Death Metal band...haha seriously. But the vocals are closer to black than death metal.

The band play host to the best guitarist in the world right now: Mr. Alexi Laiho; he's a god. Faster than Yngwie and dammit better than vai.

Check them out now if you ain't heard of em ;)

Thoughts if you have heard em?

punk_flamingo
10-23-2004, 05:06 PM
*sits and listens*

i like it :)...its time to ring my mate to make him download me their album methinks *does so*.

Bad Omen
10-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Try get the album Follow the reaper. then Get Hatecrew death roll ;)

punk_flamingo
10-23-2004, 05:12 PM
hehheeh cheers dude :)

Bad Omen
10-23-2004, 05:14 PM
no probs.

if you find the singing too...er...bad

then check out the guitarists band Sinergy with a girl singer, they're also pretty awesome, if a bit more melodic.

Jebus
10-23-2004, 06:25 PM
I dont like their singing like I said in the other topic.

NoHopeNoFuture
10-23-2004, 06:48 PM
Alexi Laiho is good but i dont think he is better than yngwie. Yngwie is soo much faster than Laiho.Just check out the song called blitzkrieg by Yngwie. But I do think Laiho is better than Vai. And i think they are more black metal than death metal.

Jebus
10-23-2004, 06:58 PM
i been wondering this for a while. Whats the different between death and black metal?

NoHopeNoFuture
10-23-2004, 07:05 PM
well for one thing the voices, second is lyrics death metal lyrics are pretty stupid and black metal are more about midevil times,vikings and the war on christianity, and third black metal is more melodic and use more accoustics and use Orchestras.

Revolver-2005?
10-23-2004, 07:09 PM
yeah i listen to em a little theyre pretty good

Jebus
10-23-2004, 07:12 PM
what is it about the voices that make the band death or black?

NoHopeNoFuture
10-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Death Metal voice is a deep yell or grunt While Black metal is more like Children of Bodom style of singing

Bad Omen
10-24-2004, 05:05 AM
But Alexi's lyrics ARE stupid :p , not like canibal corpse stupid but they're kinda shit.

well IMO he's better than Yngwie. I love Yngwie, but he's a one trick pony; put anything apart from Neo-classical shit infront of him and he wouldn't be able to do it as good as he does what he does

MindlessSelfIndulgent
10-24-2004, 05:18 AM
I like them very much.

Chainsaw
10-24-2004, 07:41 AM
Haven't heard them very much... i liked one song... damn don't remember the name... had something to do with the grim reaper or something or was that some other song :confused: ...

Bad Omen
10-24-2004, 07:50 AM
That would be one of the songs about the Lake Bodom murder and the reaper: for more info about that go here: http://www.scythes-of-bodom.com/site.php?lang=en&go=lakebodom

Obie2trice
10-24-2004, 08:01 AM
CoB aint nothing special

Bad Omen
10-24-2004, 08:16 AM
CoB aint nothing special

bloody post length

Jhonny
11-02-2004, 04:40 AM
Got 2 album..haven´t heard them yetl,.

Zee
11-02-2004, 05:38 AM
Ugh, no thanks. I like Laiho's another project "Kylähullut" more, it's more punkrock. ;)

Forza
11-02-2004, 08:33 AM
i cant say i like all songs... but most songs on Follow The Reaper are fucking great

my favs:
Everytime I Die
Bodom Beach Terror
Silent Night, Bodom Night

Bad Omen
11-02-2004, 01:59 PM
I think Downfall and Hate me have to be added in there! ;)

metal2kgirl
11-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Alexi Laiho is good but i dont think he is better than yngwie. Yngwie is soo much faster than Laiho.Just check out the song called blitzkrieg by Yngwie. But I do think Laiho is better than Vai. And i think they are more black metal than death metal.

I just had to comment on something here... I really don't think being fast on the fret board is being a good guitarist, i mean... i could learn hendrix... or via... or yngwie... i have... but that doesn't make me good, it's because I make things up, I don't relly on playing other bands music and my speed... you know, silence can be even more important at times than a note... "Notes are one clever way to get from one silence to another." this is a true statement... And just for the record, i mean no disrespect to you or anything. Just stating what i think makes a true musician.
And as for Childern of Bodom, I do like their music, as a matter of fact I am seeing them tuesday with Fear Factory, Lamb of God and Throwdown... looking forward to that. Anyway, take care

Delanea aka Metal2kGirl

ThrashedThrasher
11-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Alexi Laiho is my dream bitch :D haha COB fucking own. I hate myself for missing them at the show last month fuck.

Zee
04-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Ugh, no thanks. I like Laiho's another project "Kylähullut" more, it's more punkrock. ;)

I'd like to correct my statement so that they have one really awesome song; In Your Face: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAjKtmT3lk

One of my favourite songs at the moment.

Come out and smash'em up!
04-12-2008, 03:36 PM
I really like them really much, eventhough their newest album "bloodrunk" is a bit of a bitte piece. I have seen them like four times live and they have always been great. my favorite album is Hatebreeder, and best songs imo:

Needled 24/7
Downfall
Northern Comfort
Touch like an angel of death
Sixpounder
Everytime i die
in your face
Are you dead yet?
Trashed,Losta & Strungout

Sinister
04-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I've only recently discovered them, but I already love their music. Currently addicted to Taste Of My Scythe and Bed Of Razors. And their covers (Talk Dirty To Me, Somebody Put Something In My Drink, Aces High) are awesome too.

H1T_That
04-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Blooddrunk is a little dissapointing.

They still fucking rule though.

genocide_
04-14-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah, they are great. I also prefer more Kylähullut's music, ain't there also Vesku Jokinen..? can't remember right now.

and I love this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyfqi2_230E

OffspringHead
05-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I saw COB 2-3 years ago and they were amazing live. It was the tour with Trivium and Amon Amarth (This is the best Melodic Death Metal Band along with At the Gates).

I love Children of Bodom but i gotta say, blooddrunk is disappointing. They got too nu-metal for me.

OffspringHead
05-11-2008, 09:56 PM
I've only recently discovered them, but I already love their music. Currently addicted to Taste Of My Scythe and Bed Of Razors. And their covers (Talk Dirty To Me, Somebody Put Something In My Drink, Aces High) are awesome too.

Their Aces High cover is a mislabel. That cover is actually by a very underground melodic death metal band which i can't remember the name for.