PDA

View Full Version : Mission From God Live?

sad_statue_27
11-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know if this song was ever played live, and if so, has a recording ever surfaced?

Can't understand why it wasn't on ignition. I know the reason they give, but I still think it's a great song

German Andres
11-23-2006, 11:49 AM
I think they have already played it live. I agree with you: its a great song.

Little_Miss_1565
11-23-2006, 12:03 PM
I don't think it's been played live--they don't seem to have much of a history of playing outtakes and B-sides at shows.

Grabbal
11-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Does anyone know if this song was ever played live, and if so, has a recording ever surfaced?

Can't understand why it wasn't on ignition. I know the reason they give, but I still think it's a great song

Can u tell me the reason:confused:

Hyper nova
11-23-2006, 12:30 PM
They didn't put it on ignition because they didnt want people to think they we're a religious band, even though its not a religious song they were worried stupid people would think it was.

And since they never intended for it to be released they have never played it live.

Demon_of_Debauchery
11-23-2006, 01:30 PM
This is why it was left off Ignition:

"[D]: We just didn‘t think it was as good as the other songs and it was kinda‘ like a Blue‘s Brothers reference. We weren‘t seriously religious and so we were debating in the band that it might come across as a religious song. It wasn‘t, though. It was the farthest thing from it. Like in the vain of a ‘Bad Habit‘. The guy in the song is kooky and whacked out. I should re-write that about the Washington sniper now, huh? So that one was left off and we never did anything with it. That was that one…."

Venom Symbiote
11-23-2006, 03:10 PM
I think I did see a picture of a setlist (from the Ignition tour, I guess) with "Mission" written on it.

But I doubt it's been played more than a few times.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
11-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Don't be an asshole, i already made a thread exactly the same months ago. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON, CLOWN-FACE. :mad:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24619