PDA

View Full Version : Quebecers/Canadians

Italia311
11-25-2006, 11:58 AM
In light of whats been happening this week...I just wanted to post this youtube video. I dont undertand the Quebecois language but I literally "lol'd" at it when I heard the Oui and Non...just watch..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StuTBmxPlZg

Sinister
11-25-2006, 12:01 PM
You didn't miss much by not understanding it. Funny but not hilarious.

Tired_Of_You
11-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Not funny.

And wtf with the accent. I couldn't understand half of what the girl said.

Edit : Maria, as you can see, even I couldn't understand. Also, only old people pronounce the letter "r" like that.

Tired_Of_You
11-25-2006, 12:14 PM
I understand. I never heard of Groland before. I saw many videos joking on Quebecers and some of them are funny, but this one... I don't know, I guess the fact that I couldn't even understand what the girl said doesn't help.

"où t'en va tu te garer la????" Is it what she's saying?

Tired_Of_You
11-25-2006, 12:37 PM
If you want you can post his most funny videos, but I doubt I'll like them. I never really enjoyed French humour. I must say I haven't seen a lot of French movies and I don't really listen to French TV, though so I don't know. Maybe I just watched the wrong movies, haha...

Calisse is a typical Québécois swear word. Tabarnak, criss, esti, etc. You've probably heard some of them before.

Tired_Of_You
11-25-2006, 12:56 PM
If I was born in France, I'd probably like French humour. I like a lot of Quebec humorists and if I'd post some videos here, you probably wouldn't like them that much, just like me and French humour. Actually, most people I know like Quebec humorists, but they don't really like the French ones. It's probably because of the accent, the different words and the context, like you said.

Italia311
11-25-2006, 06:44 PM
I just found it funny...sex...screaming yes...then as I guess..he was attempting to sodomize her...she was say non. :P

REeeeeelax. So so Touchy!!! Geez..if I had a dollar for everytime some Idiot Canadian yelled "Spicy meataballa!!" at me..lol

@Dusky: I think its cause real French people (from france) don't care for Quebecers (no offence). I know some French-Canadiens that trevelled to FRance and the French ppl were pretty rude towards them.

Tired_Of_You
11-25-2006, 06:49 PM
I thought it was not funny, but not because they were joking about Quebecers. It doesn't bother me that people joke on us.

I know you were talking to Maria, but I know a lot of people who went to France and none of them ever told me that French were rude. I might be wrong, but they seem to like us more than we do.

Italia311
11-25-2006, 08:13 PM
These friends I speak of happen to be really good friends of mine. Perhaps it was just certain people they met.

Also, thought you were offended by my post, which was not my intention at all seeing as a few of my friends are French Canadian. I just know how they get a little defensive about certain things. No hard feelings.

I Make SweetLove 2Nirvana
11-25-2006, 09:16 PM
canadans r fags!!!!

Italia311
11-25-2006, 09:48 PM
canadans r fags!!!!

hahahahaah

Oh dear...

HornyPope
11-26-2006, 05:37 PM
It's amusing.

xeden
11-26-2006, 07:40 PM
i just hope it all ends well for the country in the end

Italia311
11-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Me too...I like it how it is right now. I respect the movement, I just fail to see any benefits anyone...

Italia311
11-27-2006, 07:35 AM
We can all see what Quebecs real nation looks like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55FwUNySHfY

muahahahaha :P

Italia311
11-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Lol...joke jokes! Obviously. But honestly...very large population of Italian-Canadians. MMMMMHHHHMMMMM! REcognize!!

HornyPope
11-27-2006, 10:57 PM
I've had a lot of French attempt conversations during my trips there over this Quebec language and culture but I remained extremly neutral and unmoved because i'm not one bit associated to it, so they stopped the convo there, thankfully.

Italia311
11-28-2006, 06:43 AM
Hornypope were you born in Quebec or did you move there after?

I think Quebec culture exists. But bottom line, whether you were born in Quebec or another province, You are Canadian. The Quebecois ppl are Canadian. Their ethnicity or culture may be that of a Quebecois..but they are Canadian. Just like my children will be Canadian...italian-canadians but none the less a Canadian (assuming I still live here). I have yet to meet a person who claims to be a decent of some British origin from the 1700s or whatever. My girlfriends family has been in north america for over 200 yrs..they're friggin Canadian. So yes I believe a Quebec culture exists...but not a Quebec nation.

HornyPope
11-28-2006, 02:10 PM
No, I wasn't born in Quebec. My family immigrated here when I was about twelve.

As for culture, I haven't met any Quebecois who pretends they're not Canadian (they probably exist, but they're a tiny minorty). Most Quebecois simply identify themselves with the province and the culture therein sooner than they identify with the whole of Canada. You may chose to identify yourself with Italians before Canadians. It's your own personal decision, and no one in this country can tell you otherwise (unless you enlist in the army where you specifically have to pledge loyality to "Canada").
Mind you, I don't like separatists either if this is where you're aiming, I just don't think being a Quebecker exclude one from being Canadian.

Italia311
11-28-2006, 04:53 PM
I was not gettin at you being a separatist or anything...

It is very hard to word this, seeing as Canada is made up of so many different kinds of people. You have immigrants that are of a certain race/ethnicity/culture but then you have the people born here who would also have those same traits, but when the day is said and done...where you were born is where you were born, if it is Italian or Italian-Canadian, of Italian race/ethinicity/culture but born in Canada. It is a personal trait. Confusing :confused:

Anywho...this stuff makes my head all scrambled.