PDA

View Full Version : iTunes help!

Tizzalicious
11-27-2006, 12:16 PM
I need help. I never used iTunes before, but now Hanson released this song that's only available on there, so of course I gave in and downloaded//bought it. The problem is, it's an M4P file, which I only seem to be able to play IN iTunes,...I don't want to play it there! I want to be able to put it on my winamp playlist, and on my MP3 player. Does anyone know how to do that? I'll love you forever.

0r4ng3
11-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Importing. Set the encoder to mp3. Then right click on the song and select "convert to mp3".

If that doesn't work, burn the song to a CD and rip it to iTunes again.

Tizzalicious
11-27-2006, 12:22 PM
I should do that in iTunes?

I'll try it now.

Duskygrin
11-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Aaaaaaaaaah, Hanson. To think you're a fan, it gives me the heartache. *teases*

Tizzalicious
11-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Shhh Maria :P

Jesse, it doesn't work, because it's protected :( Would it be pointless to try the other thing? And if not, how do I do that?

0r4ng3
11-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Burning it to a CD works on protected songs. Keep the encoder to mp3, though.

Tizzalicious
11-27-2006, 12:30 PM
I still don't get what to do though. Do I just burn it with my normal burning program? As an audio CD?

Rag Doll
11-27-2006, 12:33 PM
it doesnt matter what you burn it with. itunes or something else. once you have it burned, delete the file from your computer. then upload the song from the burned cd. it'll upload as an mp3 and wont be protected.

Tizzalicious
11-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Alright, thank you! :) <3333 (and to you to, Jesse!)

MMMHanson <3

Vera
11-27-2006, 12:42 PM
So much trouble for Mmmbop.

Tizzalicious
11-27-2006, 12:44 PM
MMMNot.

It's actually a single for charity.

Vera
11-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Mmmmliveaid?

0r4ng3
11-27-2006, 12:49 PM
MMMbortions.

Nothing to do with charity, I just thought it sounded funny.

Tizzalicious
11-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Hahaha. Yumbortions.

Llamas
11-27-2006, 01:06 PM
I heard the new song on some website, and it was so good! Can you send it to me, tizz??

Tizzalicious
11-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Heyheyhey, it's a charity song!

But maybe if I can get it converted.

I LOVE IT. Have you heard the other new one too? The Ugly Truth. That one is okay, but not that great,

wheelchairman
11-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Wow, so I guess Hanson is looking to improve their PR.

Llamas
11-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Heyheyhey, it's a charity song!

But maybe if I can get it converted.

I LOVE IT. Have you heard the other new one too? The Ugly Truth. That one is okay, but not that great,

haha. Well, I'm not willing to download iTunes and make an account and all that crap just for one song. Plus converting it. I'll buy it if they release it as a single or on an album... but I would love you forever if you sent it to me! And I haven't heard the ugly truth... where can I hear it?

Tizzalicious
11-28-2006, 12:16 AM
I'll send you the Ugly Truth Too. It was leaked all over the place, so then they decided to make it available on Hanson.net, members only though.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Don't worry about it, actually, someone already sent me great divide and they're going to send me the ugly truth. what was the ugly truth written for? I know the great divide is for charity... was the ugly truth for a soundtrack or something? I heard it's not as good as great divide.

Tizzalicious
11-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Ah yes, I forgot about that, it's on the Van Wilder 2 soundtrack. It's definitely not as good!

Llamas
11-28-2006, 12:30 AM
That's a shame. I really, really like Great Divide! It reminds me of "This Time Around", which I liked a lot more than "Underneath". Do you know if they're working on a new album at all?

Tizzalicious
11-28-2006, 12:31 AM
Yes, it should be out sometime around February! (But it's Hanson, so count on october or something.)

Llamas
11-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Terrific!! Within a year is plenty good enough for me! Oh, and <3 for a Hanson thread. ;)

Tizzalicious
11-28-2006, 12:36 AM
It's been ages since Underneath came out though, the breaks between their albums are way too big!

Llamas
11-28-2006, 12:45 AM
Wasn't Underneath 2004? That's not TERRIBLY long... though pretty long for a band that's on an indie label.

Tizzalicious
11-28-2006, 12:48 AM
It was 2004 yes...it'll be 3 years by the time the new one (which will be called The Walk by the way) is out!

Or actually, there was the live album in between last fall. It's not so bad this time.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah... that's what I'm thinking. I mean, between "Middle of Nowhere" and "This Time Around", I wasn't a fan, but didn't they release that live album and a christmas album? And then between "This Time Around" and "Underneath", they were trying to get a label cause Island dropped them, so that's why it took 4 years. Now it's only 3 and the live album came inbetween. It's not awesome, but it's not really that long. I'm glad they released 2 new songs, though, to tide me over til then. :)

EDIT: does it annoy you as much as it does me that the live and electric album has so many covers on it? They play enough originals live... why did they put like 3 or 4 covers on the album??

wheelchairman
11-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Because they're worthless hacks :)

Tizzalicious
11-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Yeah... that's what I'm thinking. I mean, between "Middle of Nowhere" and "This Time Around", I wasn't a fan, but didn't they release that live album and a christmas album? And then between "This Time Around" and "Underneath", they were trying to get a label cause Island dropped them, so that's why it took 4 years. Now it's only 3 and the live album came inbetween. It's not awesome, but it's not really that long. I'm glad they released 2 new songs, though, to tide me over til then. :)

EDIT: does it annoy you as much as it does me that the live and electric album has so many covers on it? They play enough originals live... why did they put like 3 or 4 covers on the album??

I think it's because the originals are all on the other albums too, and the fans want something new. I LOVE the covers actually. Especially In A Little While <3 And it's nice to see the songs that you heard them play live on an album, which the originals are already of course. I think L&E has only 2 covers though, right? I left the album with Per (hope he won't destroy it now :() so I can't check.

Tizzalicious
11-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Oooh, Breanna, is your version of The Great Divide an MP3? If it is, could you send it to me? That way I won't have to do the whole burning on CD before I can move it to my MP3player.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 03:17 AM
Yeah, I can send it to you. But you spelled my name wrong, asshat. :(

And you're right, only two covers. I didn't know that "every word I say" and "look at you" were their songs. I've never heard them before.

Oh, and stfuwcm. :(

Tizzalicious
11-28-2006, 03:25 AM
Look At You is on Middle of Nowhere!

Oops, sorry for misspelling your name?

If you could e-mail it now, that would be reaaaaally great! (So I can put it on my MP3 player now :P) You have my e-mail address, right?

Llamas
11-28-2006, 03:33 AM
Middle of Nowhere... that's why I don't know it. :P The only songs I know off that album are the singles and "yearbook".

And it's okay, just don't misspell it again! :mad: :cool:

Check yo' mail.

wheelchairman
11-28-2006, 03:36 AM
Kinda hard to misspell the first 3 letters when they are in her sig. Duher!

Tizzalicious
11-28-2006, 03:53 AM
Middle of Nowhere... that's why I don't know it. :P The only songs I know off that album are the singles and "yearbook".

And it's okay, just don't misspell it again! :mad: :cool:

Check yo' mail.

You don't know the songs on Middle of Nowhere? Wow :P

Per! Are you using this thread to post all you h8 Tizz shit?

wheelchairman
11-28-2006, 11:15 AM
You don't know the songs on Middle of Nowhere? Wow :P

Per! Are you using this thread to post all you h8 Tizz shit?

All me h8 tizz shit?

Tizzalicious
11-28-2006, 11:16 AM
All me h8 tizz shit?

I hate you forever!

Llamas
11-28-2006, 12:40 PM
Wow, this thread became quite interesting!

Kinda hard to misspell the first 3 letters when they are in her sig. Duher!

Mmmm, good point! God, tizz! Now I hate you forever!

Oh, and I don't know middle of nowhere because I wasn't a fan until This Time Around.

Tizzalicious
11-29-2006, 12:33 AM
Now you all hate me :(

But then you still should have gotten Middle Of Nowhere! Though I can imagine that if you start liking them with this Time Around, Middle Of Nowhere sounds baby-ish. I think the only reason I still like that album is the memories. Squeeeeeeee. I even didn't admit Taylor looked like a girl. He so did.

Llamas
11-29-2006, 12:43 AM
I own Middle of Nowhere, but it's horrible. It's not even their voices that annoy me on that album. Their song writing was just annoying then, and the songs were ridiculous. Thinking of You, MMMBop, Where's the Love, and A Minute Without You are all mediocre songs. Yearbook and Weird I would consider to be good songs (though not lyrically). The rest are so annoying! This Time Around is a masterpiece, though. I loooooooove that album, and wish they would someday match it.

Tizzalicious
11-29-2006, 12:56 AM
Haha, I don't like most of the songs anymore either. I still love Weird though. And I Will Come To You. But that one made me a fan, so that makes sense.

This Time Around is great indeed <3

Vera
11-29-2006, 02:44 AM
What, you ppl dissing old skool Hanson? HERESY!!!

Okay, I got a REAL iTunes problem. Can I buy from foreign (as in NOT FINNISH) iTunes Stores, yes or no? 1565 said no, but I want to confirm it and couldn't find this info in the iTunes FAQs.

Tizzalicious
11-29-2006, 02:55 AM
I think it's a no. I know this because this Hansonsong was released in the UK and Europe first, and then the next day in the US, and the Canadians were all sad because they couldn't download it yet.

Vera
11-29-2006, 03:29 AM
LAWL Hansong.

Yeah, I was pretty sure it was like that. Boo. :/

Lars
11-29-2006, 03:33 AM
It might be possible, if you change your billing/delivery address to that country of the store you want to buy from. I know the online apple store can work that way but it's been so long since I bought anything from itunes.