PDA

View Full Version : New Update!!!!!!!!!

78 Water
11-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Recording (Dexter)
11/27/06

We‘ve started recording for the new record. It feels great to be back in the studio, doing some new tunes. This time around we‘re working with Bob Rock, who‘s an awesome producer, and the vibe is great in the studio. We started writing songs this past summer and we demo‘d about 13 songs. We may not use all of those for the record, but we‘re recording a good bit of all that stuff.

So the next question, I‘m sure, is, when will it be out? And what does it sound like? Well, it‘ll be out when it‘s done and it sounds like the Offspring!

Look for it to come out sometime in the spring probably.

We‘ll keep you posted how things are going…

FrancoDaHui
11-27-2006, 01:25 PM
the only important here is that they recorded 13 songs, other than that we knew all about the new producer

RageAndLov
11-27-2006, 01:59 PM
i guess he posted it to make sure they aren't dead..

HeadAroundU
11-27-2006, 02:24 PM
13 songs is more than I expected. Awesome.

Dragnet
11-27-2006, 02:29 PM
13 songs in 3 years is not that much. Dexter is a lazy ass. And they are not even gonna put all of them on the record. Maybe they can beat themselves and make a record even shorter than the last one! :D That would be awesome!!!!!
Well, if the few songs, that finally end up on the album, kick ass i dont care how long it is... but please, Dexter, if you ever read here in the forum:
don't fill the record space with useless unfunny shit like when you're in prison, make REAL songs instead (just a hint)!

0r4ng3
11-27-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm not familiar with the process of recording albums, but does this mean that their next album will have at most 13 songs? Or can they demo/record more as time goes on?

Sinister
11-27-2006, 02:34 PM
I hope it's the latter.

bhg_rulz2
11-27-2006, 02:36 PM
great news....hopefully it wont be delayed like the latest albums =)

HeadAroundU
11-27-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm not familiar with the process of recording albums, but does this mean that their next album will have at most 13 songs? Or can they demo/record more as time goes on?
Such a n00b questions of you. :)

No. But you know, they don't have more than 13 songs on their previous albums.

Yes, they can and they will make a few for sure.

Trippy_
11-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Dat iz sum good sh!t to hear!!1

Seriously though I think it will kick ass, I have this feeling and I'm always right.

Biggest offspring fan
11-27-2006, 03:11 PM
13 songs in 3 years is not that much. Dexter is a lazy ass. And they are not even gonna put all of them on the record. Maybe they can beat themselves and make a record even shorter than the last one! :D That would be awesome!!!!!
Well, if the few songs, that finally end up on the album, kick ass i dont care how long it is... but please, Dexter, if you ever read here in the forum:
don't fill the record space with useless unfunny shit like when you're in prison, make REAL songs instead (just a hint)!

Don't call dexter a lazy ass. A band have their right to have some free time. And you should be happy that they even record a new album, they already got enough with money, they are doing it for their fans, they want to show us that they still can. And it's good that they not are overwriting, we can take an example chilli peppers last album all songs did suck and they wrote 2 fucking cd's. It totally sucked. Like dexter said its better to have 7 good albums than the fucking kiss that has over 30 that is shit (something like that). And i agree i don't like when you're in prison ether but the band felt to make something different that sounded a little bit old, so they did.

ZagmenO
11-27-2006, 03:11 PM

Smash & Ixnay both have 14...unless you're only counting the actual songs and not the cheesy intros or whatever. Besides, maybe they can go for a record. I'm sure if they decide to or something new hits one o' them, they can throw in an extra track.

We started writing songs this past summer and we demo‘d about 13 songs. We may not use all of those for the record, but we‘re recording a good bit of all that stuff.

If he's saying that he's only gonna use 13 demos at most, then maybe there are some songs he hadn't demo'd and he's gonna give those a shot, too. I am guessing the # of tracks will range from 13-15 and one o' them'll be "Pass Me By."

Obie2trice
11-27-2006, 03:26 PM
nice, finally a new Offspring album

0r4ng3
11-27-2006, 03:28 PM

Oh, right. I forgot how long the other Offspring albums are. 13 actual songs is a lot, when you add an intro of some sort.

-=Xander=-
11-27-2006, 03:42 PM
YAY Dexter isn't dead, he talked about nothing though... I'll forgive him.

Dragnet
11-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Don't call dexter a lazy ass. A band have their right to have some free time. And you should be happy that they even record a new album, they already got enough with money, they are doing it for their fans, they want to show us that they still can. And it's good that they not are overwriting, we can take an example chilli peppers last album all songs did suck and they wrote 2 fucking cd's. It totally sucked. Like dexter said its better to have 7 good albums than the fucking kiss that has over 30 that is shit (something like that). And i agree i don't like when you're in prison ether but the band felt to make something different that sounded a little bit old, so they did.

I think they shouldn't make a record for the fans but for themselves.
It's not their duty to serve us a record all 3 years or so (as you said they already got enough money). If they don't have anything to say anymore, they should just quit it. Personally, I liked Stadium Arcadium and I don't give a shit that there are apprarently only 13 songs if they all rock hard!
But I'm afraid that one of them is another version of Dirty Magic (wow :rolleyes: ), and one of them is Pass Me By (written over 3 years ago), but i still can't wait to hear it. Another song will be their inevitable pop song for their first single and one or 2 other pop songs especially for the pop crowd. I think this is what you call remittance work. They're probably more buisy with pleasing the fans than anything else.

All of this makes the record kind of calculable, which I think is sad. However,
i'd be blown away if they just did something completely different than the shit I've written above, but I think they stay true to their little formula...
I also think the title of the record will be one word only again (guess why...).

All of this leads me to the conclusion that Dexter not only is a lazy ass, but also will take the line of the least resistance. I don't give a shit if he doesn't have to do it since he's got enough money. If he thinks it's his damn job to move his fat millionair ass into a studio every 3 years he doesn't have to do it for me at all. They should do it for the love to the music, but then if they really loved music why is their musical output so rare and short. It took them 3 years to put out nearly 30 minutes of music... I say that is not much...

Fuck, I don't know why I'm still excited for this damn album :p
I guess I'm more of a critical fan. ;)

Keep rocking!

WebDudette
11-27-2006, 03:48 PM
The Offspring are obligated to make a CD they have a contract.

Kitten
11-27-2006, 03:51 PM
The Offspring are entitled to make a CD they have a contract.

wouldn't that be obligated?

WebDudette
11-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Err... yes.

ZagmenO
11-27-2006, 03:53 PM
A few people pointed out that Noodles said "Nobody wants to hear Pretty Fly anymore." That could be a hint that they are moving away from the pop sound.

Venom Symbiote
11-27-2006, 04:12 PM
Fuck you, Dexter.

QUOTE:
"We‘ve started recording for the new record."

We know.

QUOTE:
"This time around we‘re working with Bob Rock."

We know.

QUOTE:
"and the vibe is great in the studio."

It always is though, right? It's not like you haven't said that about Wilson/Jerden/O'Brien/Finn/Vig in the past. What does this tell us, you clown?

QUOTE:
"We started writing songs this past summer."

Yay! :)

QUOTE:
"and we demo‘d about 13 songs."

Boo! :mad: :eek: *kicks Spikey McGee, hard*

QUOTE:
"We may not use all of those for the record."

Asshole. *flips the bird*

QUOTE:
"Well, it‘ll be out when it‘s done."

Perhaps the only smart thing said in the update. Congratulations, dude. It basically means "April/May", but I like how you handled this.

QUOTE:
"and it sounds like the Offspring!"

You gimp! You. GIMP! Gah! :eek: Why would you bother saying this?! What does this mean?! What?! Who are you people?! [/Jerry Seinfeld voice]

Seriously, don't post this shit anymore. I don't care much about updates, I'm not running around demanding them like half of the douches here, but don't fucking post one if you're not giving us anything. That's fucked up, right there.

QUOTE:
"We‘ll keep you posted how things are going…"

Oh, I bet you will, fucker...

P.S. Any anger directed towards Offspring personnel may or may not be construed as truthful hatred. General frustration is more likely, however.

Kitten
11-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Venom, some people enjoy getting these updates.
As for the line about what it will sound like, seems to me that someone is keeping an eye on the BBS.
At least it wont sound like Queen.

Venom Symbiote
11-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Oh, come on. There is no point whatsoever in giving us an "update" if all you're going to tell us is "we're demoing 13 songs but we might not use all of them".

That's essentially what we got.

Bad news, and "news" we already knew.

I'd have preferred nothing, and they wait until they actually have something to tell us before telling it. Like any sane person.

And answering "it will sound like The Offspring!" without elaborating at all on which sound of the Offspring is just a fucking tease.

Now I just sound like I'm whining (which I guess, yeah, I am), so I'll stop.

Kitten
11-27-2006, 04:49 PM
How many times do you go to the front page for news though. If you don't go there to get updates yourself, then I understand you must be getting frustrated for 'real' news.
But to the people eager enough to go through the front page to get here, it must be exciting news indeed.

Venom Symbiote
11-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Why? If they're posting/reading here they already knew everything in that update anyway, aside from the number of songs they're laying down in the studio.

And why would it matter whether I read the front page or not? I mean, I don't usually (only after someone here yells "update!"), but news is news.

Kitten
11-27-2006, 04:57 PM
It doesn't matter, but you are not eager enough for them to check yourself. Other people are.

Venom Symbiote
11-27-2006, 05:02 PM
I must be missing something here. What does it matter how "eager" you are for updates? If you're really hungry for new information wouldn't that make it even more of a letdown?

I mean, I'm happy to wait until next year for news, and I'm still fucking disappointed. Not that there is no news to give us (there's probably not), but that they'd bother to update when there isn't any, and think up some bullshit almost P.R. company-esque statement that tells us jack.

Llamas
11-27-2006, 05:09 PM
I don't see why demoing 13 songs is bad. splinter had 10 actual songs. c01 had 12. americana had 12. ixnay had 12. smash had 13. ignition had 12 and st had 11 (newer versions only have 10). I don't see how 13 is bad news, especially if they do record all of them for the album.

Also, how is "it'll be out when it's done" any better than "it'll sound like the offspring". Both of those are cheeky sarcastic remarks that don't tell us anything. Of course it'll be out when it's done. Of course it'll sound like the offspring. I agree that this update wasn't very exciting, but I took both of those as just stupid comments.

HeadAroundU
11-27-2006, 05:20 PM
It was a first compulsory journal by Dexter from studio. Chill out, venom, next journals will be more informative.

Venom Symbiote
11-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Of course the next entry will tell us more. So why not wait until they can be informative? Why give us a bullshit excuse for an update, taunting people who want to know what's going on?

Llamas, what's the guarantee this "13" is 13 "actual songs" as you put it? I'm sure "When You're In Prison" was probably demoed. Americana had 12, sure, but one of them was almost 8 minutes long. And was quality.

This could go either way, it depends on the circumstances. 13 could be enough if every one of them are good, but that's likely not the case. This could be good, sure, but there is a very good chance that thinking that way will burn us. Judging by their work so far this decade.

Llamas
11-27-2006, 05:30 PM
They never demo a lot more songs than they record, though. If you think this is bad news, that means you thought it was bad news every single record they made. They don't have outtakes and lots of b-sides that were recorded during sessions.

When you're in prison was likely not demod, because dexter is the only member of the band present in that song, plus nearly everything in the song requires a lot of recording equipment and such in order to get that sound along with the instruments used.

HeadAroundU
11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
So why not wait until they can be informative?
Why give us a bullshit excuse for an update, taunting people who want to know what's going on?
Because the car.

It's not an excuse. Even if it's a taunting by them, you are so fucking hypocritical. How many users did you taunt this month?

Short_Attention_Span
11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
I don't see why demoing 13 songs is bad.

It's not that 13 is bad... especially when you consider the last couple of albums. It's that they're only demos. It's not set in stone that they're going to be on the album. Some could be taken off, or more could be added (hopefully).
________
PREGNANT SEX (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/34/pregnant/videos/1)

Camilamazed
11-27-2006, 05:43 PM
13 songs is fair enough. I hope though Dirty magic stays out... I like the song but for fuck's sake, we had the GH... We've had enough of old stuff. Let the old stuff for concerts....

Venom Symbiote
11-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Meh. So you're guessing maybe we'll get 11 or 12 3-minute "classic sounding" Offspring tracks with one or two jokey intros/intermissions/outros?

Seems about right, Llamas, if all goes well. We won't know for a long time yet.

Llamas
11-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Meh. So you're guessing maybe we'll get 11 or 12 3-minute "classic sounding" Offspring tracks with one or two jokey intros/intermissions/outros?

Seems about right, Llamas, if all goes well. We won't know for a long time yet.

Yeah, that's what I'm guessing. 13 demos is more than they had for Splinter, I'm pretty sure, too. I don't think 13 demos means it's going to be short like Splinter was.

HeadAroundU
11-27-2006, 05:54 PM
13 songs is fair enough. I hope though Dirty magic stays out... I like the song but for fuck's sake, we had the GH... We've had enough of old stuff. Let the old stuff for concerts....
Dirty magic will be a hidden song at the maximum. Dirty magic is not gonna affect anything.

Camilamazed
11-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Dirty magic will be a hidden song at the maximum. Dirty magic is not gonna affect anything.

I'd rather no hidden tracks.:(

Although I'll be fine with anything they do.

Venom Symbiote
11-27-2006, 06:00 PM
I doubt the "DM" re-recording will be on the album. It'll probably be an extra track on one of the singles, or on a movie soundtrack or some shit.

It would suck if it was on the record itself. I could deal with it as a hidden track, but not part of the listing. Hopefully it isn't even on there as a secret track.

Camilamazed
11-27-2006, 06:01 PM
It would suck if it was on the record itself.

Indeedy.

^^

ACYD
11-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Hopefully the electric Dirty Magic version is not one of the 13, as I believe it's already been recorded. If they do an intro track an then tack on Dirty Magic on the end, we could end up with fourteen songs and fourteen tracks . . . this would be an improvement over Splinter, I'm sure . . .

78 Water
11-27-2006, 07:08 PM
I think The Offspring have learned thier lesson. They all know now, because everyone's been saying it, that noboy likes the joke songs at all. They also learned that everyone hates pop hits.

Venom Symbiote
11-27-2006, 07:16 PM
78 Water, you're a fucking idiot. Just stop talking.

There is no problem with pop-ish songs coming from this band. If they're good. I have issues with "Original Prankster" as it was just a carbon copy looking to cash in on "Pretty Fly", it was a shitty piece of music with atrocious lyrics on a fucked-up immature goofy theme. "Pretty Fly" and "Hit That" are great, they're clever and well-constructed light-hearted anthems that were successful for a reason: they're good.

I'd prefer a more serious tone overall, but they've had a goofy song as a single ever since Smash. I have no problem with that, since with Smash/Ixnay/Americana they were all good pop-y songs ("Come Out And Play", "I Choose", "Pretty Fly"). It got bad with "Why Don't You Get A Job". Horrible. Then "Original Prankster" came out and it was the nail in the coffin as far as taking them seriously goes.

"Hit That" was a change for the better, at least it was musically interesting. And lyrically.

Then again, they went ahead and ruined all that with fucking "Spare Me The Details" and "Can't Repeat", which are pretty-much retarded.

78 Water
11-27-2006, 07:18 PM
I was talking about "Want You Bad", "Original Prankster".

Venom Symbiote
11-27-2006, 07:52 PM
SILENCE!

No you weren't.

78 Water
11-27-2006, 07:53 PM
SILENCE!

No you weren't.

Yes, I was....

Ninty Man
11-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I was talking about "Want You Bad", "Original Prankster".

Want you bad it's good... but it was a bad idea for a single.. specially cause it sounds like blink

Llamas
11-27-2006, 08:05 PM
I think The Offspring have learned thier lesson. They all know now, because everyone's been saying it, that noboy likes the joke songs at all. They also learned that everyone hates pop hits.

everyone hates pop hits and jokey songs... that definition includes pretty fly and hit that... you were NOT just talking about OP and want you bad. If you were, you wouldn't have said "pop hits".

78 Water
11-27-2006, 08:12 PM
I don't consider Hit That pop. I consier it punk/pop/alternative.

Little_Miss_1565
11-27-2006, 10:44 PM
So the next question, I‘m sure, is, when will it be out? And what does it sound like? Well, it‘ll be out when it‘s done and it sounds like the Offspring!

WHAT, you mean it won't sound like METALLICA? FUCK this shit!

But seriously, it's good to hear that the sessions are coming along well and that spirits are good.

Venom Symbiote
11-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Wow, even the mods are creating redundant threads these days.

Huzzah!

We're discussing this already in like two or three other topics, chief.

Hypodermic_89
11-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Fucking owned. (Note the lack of retarded spelling).

Hypodermic_89
11-27-2006, 11:23 PM
"Look for it to come out in spring"...

And for a while I had my hopes that it would come out in November/December.. Oh well, at least it's coming out :)

Little_Miss_1565
11-27-2006, 11:32 PM
HAHAHA. Oh man, I am so fucking cool.

Thread merged.

Little_Miss_1565
11-27-2006, 11:42 PM
I don't consider Hit That pop. I consier it punk/pop/alternative.

Ahem.

Saying something is pop or poppy does not mean it sounds even remotely like Britney Spears or suchlike. There is no need for the additional modifiers trying to distinguish the Offspring from Radio Disney.

The term indicates specific stylistic traits, but the genre also includes elements of rock, hip hop, dance, and country, making it a flexible category. The expression "pop music" may also be used to refer to particular subgenres (within the pop music genre) that are in some cases referred to as soft rock and pop/rock. The pop music genre also often involves mass marketing and consumer-driven efforts by major record companies, which makes it an often scorned genre by non-mainstream musicians.
The average consumer of pop music is often understood to be in his or her teenage years, making it an important mediator of youth culture.

Camel Filters
11-28-2006, 12:03 AM

That's almost a year later then it was originally supposed to be out. From what I heard it was supposed to come out during the summer or fall. I knew it wasn't going to be out in that time because they wern't even in the studio. They like to procrastinate which makes me want to lose respect for them.

Little_Miss_1565
11-28-2006, 12:14 AM
They like to procrastinate which makes me want to lose respect for them.

Dude, the creative person takes time. And then they parted ways with Jerry Finn and had to find a new producer. It sounds like it's been rough going. There's a lot more to making a record than marching into a studio. There's a lot of work in advance that must be done and that shit takes TIME.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 04:16 AM
It'll. Be. Out. Sometime. Around. May. Or. April. You. Fucking. Pissants.

Holy Jew some of you people don't listen.

(Glad to see you merged the thread too, 1565, no point having two discussions running at once)

SkunkIt
11-28-2006, 04:24 AM
I hope their new CD Isn't as bad as Splinter.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 04:49 AM
How about we set our standards a little higher? I mean, being better than Splinter isn't exactly a huge achievement.

Why not chant and sing and fornicate (...?) in the name of it being on-par with Ixnay? Hell, I'll even settle for Americana or Conspiracy quality here.

AtomMasnyk
11-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Ahem.

Saying something is pop or poppy does not mean it sounds even remotely like Britney Spears or suchlike. There is no need for the additional modifiers trying to distinguish the Offspring from Radio Disney.

Theyre doing this for us. If they wanted to get out of a contract they'd pull a guns and roses move.
Guns N Roses move=Making not only 1 but 2 greatest hits albums to get out of a contract.
Offspring coulda made an album with 5 songs that were awful. They are going to get back into punk. There sick of pop shit.
Like Hit That, Hit That was the most popst gayiest song ever. I knew it was pop when all the gay little preps at my school were singing it going up and down the hallways. Then one day in class they asked if i knew who offspring is?
I responded with you mean the bands thats displayed all over my bag (because I have a bunch of the skulls sewed on), he responded and said it wasnt the same one. I was like fucking gay preps dont know shit but whatever they think is popular

RageAndLov
11-28-2006, 08:27 AM
stop talking like you know the band
"they making a new album for the fans"
"no, they are making a new album for themselves"
"they know no one likes the joke songs"

how can all of you know that unless you know them personally?

Little_Miss_1565
11-28-2006, 08:37 AM
They read the boards. Dexter has said so in several journal entries. And have you noticed that a journal entry often pops up after there's been intense discussion in this forum? He's surely seen people discuss whether or not they like the joke songs.

And AtomMasnyk, it sounds to me like your problem with pop music is more in what you associate pop with at your school, and NOT with the music itself. Please keep in mind those are two separate things. Music is not a secret exclusive club. There will be people you don't like into the same thing. And skulls on your bag? Please. I just bought a silk scarf at Jasmine Sola with skulls all over it.

Swill
11-28-2006, 08:38 AM
i dont know.......i really hope they get this album right....splinter was just to inconsistent......it was moments of sheer genius....i.e th noose, lightning song, da hui, race against myself and then moments of pure boredom and tedium.........i need a complete spring album so bad.........
________
Babe Sex (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/6/babe/videos/1)

German Andres
11-28-2006, 10:03 AM
the only important here is that they recorded 13 songs, other than that we knew all about the new producer

13 songs? I thought they had only the demos.

crrrN
11-28-2006, 10:17 AM
I remember they only took 9 demos into the studio when they did Conspiracy. 13 demo's doesnt say shit about the actual amount...could be 11 songs and might as well be 15 songs.
It's cool though that they're finally releasing something soon.

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
11-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Fuck better than Splinter. The band should know that the new album needs to make people forget about Splinter. I'm not expecting a fucking master piece, but I am expecting a GREAT album, and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm disappointed. Smash will always be my favorite and I don't think they could ever re-do that, but if they come out with The Offspring's version of American Idiot, I might just kill myself.

As for saying the song will sound like The Offspring, sure, I take it as a sarcastic remark, but I'm glad it was said. In my opinion, some bands DON'T sound like themselves when they make a new album.

I hate what some people are saying about the pop songs and shit like that. Pretty Fly and Hit That are bullshit, and not just because they were popular, they were bad songs. I think that Original Prankster is better than both of those songs. It was quarky and more cheesy, but it was a better song. Yeah, fuck the pop songs.

I just can't wait for the new album and hopefully it won't suck. Them demoing 13 songs has nothing to do with how many songs will be on the album. More or less, whatever, as long as they're good.

Later hoes.

Biggest offspring fan
11-28-2006, 02:52 PM
It took them 3 years to put out nearly 30 minutes of music... I say that is not much...

Fuck, I don't know why I'm still excited for this damn album :p
I guess I'm more of a critical fan. ;)

Keep rocking!

Well actually you shouldn't be complaining, look at Guns and roses it took them like 15 years. Doesn't they like music? (They suck, just took them as an example)

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 03:45 PM
AtomMasnyk, stop posting. You're a friggin' goomba.

I hate what some people are saying about the pop songs and shit like that. Pretty Fly and Hit That are bullshit, and not just because they were popular, they were bad songs. I think that Original Prankster is better than both of those songs. It was quarky and more cheesy, but it was a better song. Yeah, fuck the pop songs.

I actually agree with most of your post except for this (and Smash being the best: it's not). "Original Prankster" is in no fucking way better than "Pretty Fly" or "Hit That". It's not even conceivable that someone could think that way.

"Pretty Fly" was smartass and clever, with an infectious amount of hooks. It's no more 'poppy' than "Come Out And Play", musically. "Hit That" was the same, clever clever shit. Not to mention it was treading completely new ground for them.

If you like "Original Prankster" you like "Pretty Fly". End of story. "OP" is just "PFII" - cashing in on it by writing the same damn song a second time. Without the wit or musical quality.

Zee
11-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Pretty Fly is definitely the most underrated song among these "so_called_hardcore_fans". It's a total masterpiece. The energy, the vibe...

Ninty Man
11-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Pretty Fly is definitely the most underrated song among these "so_called_hardcore_fans". It's a total masterpiece. The energy, the vibe...

Well, it's good, but hell dude... we are not facing the 9th symphony of beethoven

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 04:07 PM
"Pretty Fly" is better than ol' Beety.

Ninty Man
11-28-2006, 04:08 PM
"Pretty Fly" is better than ol' Beety.

WHAT???????????????????????''' :eek:

Yeah right...and reggaeton it's better that Mozart

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Reggae is better than Mozart.

Marley, mon.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Let's get this straight.

Offspring > Mozart > Marley > Beethoven

end of story.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 04:30 PM
*nods*

Llamas is wise.

Emily_offspring_fan
11-28-2006, 04:54 PM

Marley, mon.

Reggaeton, not reggae. Reggaeton=Daddy Yankee. Reggae=Bob Marley.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Alright, well Reggaeton sucks too.

FrancoDaHui
11-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Alright, well Reggaeton sucks too.

that should end the discussion ;)

Ninty Man
11-28-2006, 10:40 PM
that should end the discussion ;)

Was there any discussion anyway??

Venom, your cangaroo crap-ass don't see the difference between the sucky Reggaeton and the HOLY SOUND of reggae??

Let's get this straight.

Beethoven>Mozart> Marley> Offspring

end of story.

Fixed

Ninty Man
11-28-2006, 10:42 PM

Marley, mon.

well... when some reggae artist compose something better that Mozart's music... we'll talk

Llamas
11-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Fixed
that's retarded. You must have shitty taste in classical music if you think beethoven was better than mozart. my god.

Ninty Man
11-28-2006, 10:55 PM
that's retarded. You must have shitty taste in classical music if you think beethoven was better than mozart. my god.

You must know I don't give a shit what people think about my taste in music... and I think Beethoven it's more...mmm... well, less joyful that Mozart... more dramatical I would said... and HE RULES ON PIANO XD

Thomas
11-28-2006, 11:23 PM
For everyone who criticized them for only having 13 demos in 3 years (I don't think it's even been threee years since Splinter, has it?), listen to this.

Not only did they give us 3 or 4 tours since Splinter, but dexter took a solo flight around the world (major accomplishment), they've given us a good Greatest Hits with plenty of bonus features that obviously took some work, a Complete Music Video Collection that was fucking fantastic, (that alone must have been as much work as releasing an album), they have RECORDED (not written, recorded) 13 demos and, being in a band myself, I know how long it takes to write, tweak, and re-write songs to make them half decent. This list doesn't even include the charity work (Innocence Project, Hurricane Katrina) that they have done and the fact that they needed to find a whole new producer and their drummer is always gone.

The Offspring have been fucking amazing with how fast they have pulled everything together, even without a drummer at the moment, and considering that they have AT LEAST 13 songs ready to be recorded for the new album, they should be commended and praised, not complained about.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 11:39 PM
You must know I don't give a shit what people think about my taste in music... and I think Beethoven it's more...mmm... well, less joyful that Mozart... more dramatical I would said... and HE RULES ON PIANO XD

IS. IS! NOT IT'S! IS! We've told you over and over and you don't even TRY!

Anyway, Beethoven... how much of his stuff have you heard? Dramatic? Ode to Joy was like the most joyful and triumphant popular classical piece ever written. Mozart was darker and more dramatic than Beethoven. Plus Beethoven was disgusting, and the reason he went deaf was because he had like 8 disgusting horrible diseases.

For everyone who criticized them for only having 13 demos in 3 years (I don't think it's even been threee years since Splinter, has it?), listen to this.

Not only did they give us 3 or 4 tours since Splinter, but dexter took a solo flight around the world (major accomplishment), they've given us a good Greatest Hits with plenty of bonus features that obviously took some work, a Complete Music Video Collection that was fucking fantastic, (that alone must have been as much work as releasing an album), they have RECORDED (not written, recorded) 13 demos and, being in a band myself, I know how long it takes to write, tweak, and re-write songs to make them half decent. This list doesn't even include the charity work (Innocence Project, Hurricane Katrina) that they have done and the fact that they needed to find a whole new producer and their drummer is always gone.

The Offspring have been fucking amazing with how fast they have pulled everything together, even without a drummer at the moment, and considering that they have AT LEAST 13 songs ready to be recorded for the new album, they should be commended and praised, not complained about.

Thank you, Thomas AKA best, most interesting, and smartest poster on the on-topic section.

WebDudette
11-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Yep, yep Mozart>Beethoven.

Ninty Man
11-29-2006, 12:18 AM
IS. IS! NOT IT'S! IS! We've told you over and over and you don't even TRY!

Anyway, Beethoven... how much of his stuff have you heard? Dramatic? Ode to Joy was like the most joyful and triumphant popular classical piece ever written. Mozart was darker and more dramatic than Beethoven. Plus Beethoven was disgusting, and the reason he went deaf was because he had like 8 disgusting horrible diseases.

Thank you, Thomas AKA best, most interesting, and smartest poster on the on-topic section.

Hey, I'm making a 5 pages work here about the study of history in Mexico in the first half of XX century, sorry about the ortographical mistakes...

And what about Beethoven's diseases??? Roosevelt cheat his wife... and nobody cares... it's what makes people great what make them interesting and cool... not they human mistakes or defects... That's even a word

Llamas
11-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Hey, I'm making a 5 pages work here about the study of history in Mexico in the first half of XX century, sorry about the ortographical mistakes...

It'd be fine if it was an honest mistake. However, people have corrected you dozens of times, and you constantly refuse to make that ONE CHANGE. It's very obnoxious, and it's almost as though you do it on purpose.

And what about Beethoven's diseases??? Roosevelt cheat his wife... and nobody cares... it's what makes people great what make them interesting and cool... not they human mistakes or defects... That's even a word

Cheating on your wife is nothing compared with: kidnapping your nephew from his mother after his father died, forcing the kid into music despite his hate and lack of talent for it and then telling him he fails at life and making him feel like shit because he's not good at it, getting every common disease (including hepatitis, etc) from being a sick person, and forging nobility by illegally adding "van" into your last name. He also was dishonest about the music he wrote. The things he has done are comparable to R Kelly pissing on an underage girl and filming it. People cared about that.

Ninty Man
11-29-2006, 12:30 AM
It'd be fine if it was an honest mistake. However, people have corrected you dozens of times, and you constantly refuse to make that ONE CHANGE. It's very obnoxious, and it's almost as though you do it on purpose.

Cheating on your wife is nothing compared with: kidnapping your nephew from his mother after his father died, forcing the kid into music despite his hate and lack of talent for it and then telling him he fails at life and making him feel like shit because he's not good at it, getting every common disease (including hepatitis, etc) from being a sick person, and forging nobility by illegally adding "van" into your last name. He also was dishonest about the music he wrote. The things he has done are comparable to R Kelly pissing on an underage girl and filming it. People cared about that.

Are you sure people care about that??? Hitler was vegetarian, love his dog, care about Eva braun, and well... he was an example of a human being... but everyone judge him for nothing... pffft, 6 million of jews?? Bah, that happens everyday XD...

I was just kidding, I mean, as a future historian, I think that what makes interesting a character are they great actions, what makes them inmortal... but... we can also know their nasty details, and still love them for the great stuff they did (like... beethoven, with his 9th symphony, or his piano's solos)

And about the mistakes... believe it or not, they aren't intentional

Llamas
11-29-2006, 12:32 AM
What Beethoven accidentally kidnapped his nephew? He accidentally illegally inserted nobility into his name for money? He accidentally intentionally stole music from other people? Okay...

Ninty Man
11-29-2006, 12:34 AM
What Beethoven accidentally kidnapped his nephew? He accidentally illegally inserted nobility into his name for money? He accidentally intentionally stole music from other people? Okay...

Have you documents that prove about the music? (everything else I know it's true)... the music stuff... well that's new for me...
And wikipedia don't count

Llamas
11-29-2006, 12:45 AM
My friend wrote a research paper on him last year. If it was that important, I would ask her to dig up the paper and find out what text was cited for that part, but that's just too much work.

Autonomist
11-29-2006, 05:04 AM
Updates are going in circles a bit. Until I checked the date of the post on the first page I thought someone had just bumped an old thread.

Little_Miss_1565
11-29-2006, 06:02 AM
GUYS. This forum is about the Offspring, not Mozart, nor Beethoven. Take it to PM.

The-Offspring-RuLe
11-29-2006, 08:30 AM
The only thing that got me excited is that he said 'Spring' for it's realease, although they aren't concrete on that, let's hope it's what we can look forward to.

And i think we can rest easy The Offspring will get this CD out sometime in spring because Dexter isn't Axl Rose, i don't think he'd say a possible release date and then wait another 2 years to actually release it.

And 13 songs? but some might not make it?

I mean don't get me wrong but i think they should let the fans decide if they are good songs, anything Offspring is good! at least it would fill the album up to a nice healthy 13 full songs.

But i'm happy as long as they put something out, as it's been far too long.

AtomMasnyk
11-29-2006, 08:34 AM
stop talking like you know the band
"they making a new album for the fans"
"no, they are making a new album for themselves"
"they know no one likes the joke songs"

how can all of you know that unless you know them personally?

I can talk however I would prefer. I did not talk like I know them. Im just saying that if you watch enough stuff from them you get that kinda picture

AtomMasnyk
11-29-2006, 08:35 AM
They read the boards. Dexter has said so in several journal entries. And have you noticed that a journal entry often pops up after there's been intense discussion in this forum? He's surely seen people discuss whether or not they like the joke songs.

And AtomMasnyk, it sounds to me like your problem with pop music is more in what you associate pop with at your school, and NOT with the music itself. Please keep in mind those are two separate things. Music is not a secret exclusive club. There will be people you don't like into the same thing. And skulls on your bag? Please. I just bought a silk scarf at Jasmine Sola with skulls all over it.

Well it sounds to me like you dont know what your talking about. How I never talked about pop, I talked about hit that and how it has that pop sound. And about your scarf...yea dont care

AtomMasnyk
11-29-2006, 08:40 AM
AtomMasnyk, stop posting. You're a friggin' goomba.

I actually agree with most of your post except for this (and Smash being the best: it's not). "Original Prankster" is in no fucking way better than "Pretty Fly" or "Hit That". It's not even conceivable that someone could think that way.

"Pretty Fly" was smartass and clever, with an infectious amount of hooks. It's no more 'poppy' than "Come Out And Play", musically. "Hit That" was the same, clever clever shit. Not to mention it was treading completely new ground for them.

If you like "Original Prankster" you like "Pretty Fly". End of story. "OP" is just "PFII" - cashing in on it by writing the same damn song a second time. Without the wit or musical quality.

Ok this goes out to all you faggots. I joined this forum to talk about offspring. but as I figured it'd be a bunch of tool wannabees trying to prove a point. Most of you guys dont know shit. Im done with these forums. ALl you people with forum posts higher than 1,000 think your god and everyone will follow what you say. Well you guys are tools. Especially all you wannabees. You guys dont know shit. And think your tough because some of you are in a different country that some of us dont even care about. So dont even bother responding cause im done with these boards. You guys and girls are all tools.

EMehl6
11-29-2006, 08:42 AM

I thought the same thing, but someone pointed out that they only took 11 demos in to the studio when they recorded Conspiracy Of One and we ended up with 13 songs on that album. The amount of demos they take into the studio really doesn't mean that we're getting that amount of songs or less.

EMehl6
11-29-2006, 08:45 AM
Ok this goes out to all you faggots. I joined this forum to talk about offspring. but as I figured it'd be a bunch of tool wannabees trying to prove a point. Most of you guys dont know shit. Im done with these forums. ALl you people with forum posts higher than 1,000 think your god and everyone will follow what you say. Well you guys are tools. Especially all you wannabees. You guys dont know shit. And think your tough because some of you are in a different country that some of us dont even care about. So dont even bother responding cause im done with these boards. You guys and girls are all tools.

Honestly, no one cares. I know you said don't bother responding, but that needed to be said. Besides, you'll probably respond anyway.

Little_Miss_1565
11-29-2006, 09:14 AM
Well it sounds to me like you dont know what your talking about. How I never talked about pop, I talked about hit that and how it has that pop sound. And about your scarf...yea dont care

Like Hit That, Hit That was the most popst gayiest song ever. I knew it was pop when all the gay little preps at my school were singing it going up and down the hallways. Then one day in class they asked if i knew who offspring is?

Actually, you did say something about pop music. Even if you're just talking about "Hit That," you still said something about pop music.

If you're going to have a tantrum every time some brat says something to you that you don't like, leaving the board isn't going to solve it. There are a lot of things about the Offspring's newer sound are controversial and it's going to create some heated discussion. It'd be nice if everyone could be a little more mature about it, but let's face it, getting upset about your classmates liking the Offspring, who have sold millions of records and have a lot of fans from all over the place, isn't the most mature thing ever.

malibu43
11-29-2006, 09:22 AM
I mean don't get me wrong but i think they should let the fans decide if they are good songs, anything Offspring is good! at least it would fill the album up to a nice healthy 13 full songs.

Letting fans pick song would be the worst thing ever. They may as well have their music played on American Idol and let 13 and 14 year olds text message their votes in.

Venom Symbiote
11-29-2006, 03:18 PM

If you want to leave, then leave. Don't piss and moan about it, just go. No one will miss you.

The very fact that you make a post saying "I'm leaving" pretty-much makes me think that you aren't. Just go. Go on, you can do it, li'l AtomMasnyk! You can do it! Willpower, boy, willpower!

Shoo.

By the way, Greg K does talk. You're just not paying close enough attention. ;)

*smirks his patented huge, shit-eating grin*

The-Offspring-RuLe
11-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Letting fans pick song would be the worst thing ever. They may as well have their music played on American Idol and let 13 and 14 year olds text message their votes in.

No you fool, listen. I meant put them on the album, release it, the fans will love them because it's an Offspring song, they left so many songs off Splinter...now do you wish they'd put them on? some fans would! not vote for them or anything stupid.

Thomas
11-29-2006, 08:24 PM
The only thing that got me excited is that he said 'Spring' for it's realease, although they aren't concrete on that, let's hope it's what we can look forward to.

And i think we can rest easy The Offspring will get this CD out sometime in spring because Dexter isn't Axl Rose, i don't think he'd say a possible release date and then wait another 2 years to actually release it.

But i'm happy as long as they put something out, as it's been far too long.

I know what you mean by letting the fans decide if they like the songs or not (not if they are to be on the album or not), but let me explain to you that the last (and only) time they used 13 songs on an album was Smash. 13 songs does not mean 13 tracks. There is no way they demoed Time to Relax, Intermission, Welcome, Intro, Neocon, or When your In Prison.

Not to sound full of myself, I would like to quote this so more people can see it. I don't think enough people got the message.

noodle654
11-30-2006, 07:58 PM
I want a demo...I need a demo...13 songs is a fair amount. I better hear some classic Pre-Smash Punk Rock. Even though there are in their 40's and they dont have the sound, ahh oh well, atleast its music.:D

SK8rocka
11-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Me is from the future.

the album wil be called rise and fall, rage and grace,

producer = bob rock OMG

yeah its an awesome album.

hahahaha

sbazzone
11-29-2008, 02:21 AM
gravedigging

http://www.nativewoodland.eu/uploads/images/Misc%20Pics/Grave-digging_sml.JPG

holland25
11-29-2008, 05:14 AM
Me is from the future.

producer = bob rock OMG

hahahaha

You're a moron. Seriously.

F@ BANKZ
11-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Man, don't bump threads with titles like this, lol.

dff_punk
11-29-2008, 09:06 AM
For a moment there, I thought also it was some brand new fucking news from the band...

come out swinging
11-29-2008, 09:18 AM
For a moment there, I thought also it was some brand new fucking news from the band...

me too! then i the first page and saw the date of the first post.

Rooster
11-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Epic .

Blitzkrieg Bop
11-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Me is from the future.

producer = bob rock OMG

hahahaha

At least he has a sense of humour ... I think :eek:

Cock Joke
11-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Ahahaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!

SK8rocka
11-29-2008, 02:07 PM
thank me

10 characters

ixnay04
12-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Recording (Dexter)
11/27/06

We‘ve started recording for the new record. It feels great to be back in the studio, doing some new tunes. This time around we‘re working with Bob Rock, who‘s an awesome producer, and the vibe is great in the studio. We started writing songs this past summer and we demo‘d about 13 songs. We may not use all of those for the record, but we‘re recording a good bit of all that stuff.

We‘ll keep you posted how things are going…

People...look at the date of that journal entry. No new album.

holland25
12-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Oh, really?

medi01
12-01-2008, 05:20 AM
People...look at the date of that journal entry. No new album.

i know...what a joke:cool: