PDA

View Full Version : Me myself and Irene question

Hyper nova
11-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Just Saw Me Myself and Irene on FX

Just hate how AMerican TV hashes up movies. Anyhow I was expecting to hear Totalimmortal Playing at some point but either it doesn't get played or I missed it? During which scene if any do they play it?

Little_Miss_1565
11-27-2006, 11:12 PM
It was over the credits in the theater--if I remember right, it was the second or third song played during the credits. Probably cut out entirely from a TV broadcast.

Hyper nova
11-27-2006, 11:15 PM
It was over the credits in the theater--if I remember right, it was the second or third song played during the credits. Probably cut out entirely from a TV broadcast.

oh ok thanks that makes sense just seems odd to have as song that only plays during the credits

anyway thanks i thought I'd gone crazy

Llamas
11-27-2006, 11:35 PM
It's in the credits on the tv broadcast, too. I'm pretty sure it's the second song in the credits. Why is that weird? Most movies have one song in the credits that was in the movie, and then one that's new in the credits.

Hyper nova
11-27-2006, 11:46 PM
It's in the credits on the tv broadcast, too. I'm pretty sure it's the second song in the credits. Why is that weird? Most movies have one song in the credits that was in the movie, and then one that's new in the credits.

i didn't mean that it was odd for just MMI but for any movie that just plays a song only in the credits, it just seems pointless to me.

ANyay i never heard it in the credits on TV either maybe it played but the credits were super fast, like 1 min long shrung down to the bottom while they play an ad for the next show.

Llamas
11-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Why is that pointless? Sometimes the movie directors don't think the rest of the songs in the movie were suitable for the credits, or they think they have another song that could fit better.

And yeah, sometimes on tv they do shrink down the credits and talk about what's coming up next. They didn't when I saw it on tv, but it could happen.

Hyper nova
11-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Why is that pointless? Sometimes the movie directors don't think the rest of the songs in the movie were suitable for the credits, or they think they have another song that could fit better.

And yeah, sometimes on tv they do shrink down the credits and talk about what's coming up next. They didn't when I saw it on tv, but it could happen.

OK yer see your point

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 03:23 AM
Hey, is it just me, or does Totalimmortal in the actual movie sound totally different to the mp3s going around this site back in the day?

Whenever I watch my DVD (awesome movie, Jim Carrey is the shizzit, people) the mix sounds much different, dare I say better. I can't kind of describe why or what is different, but it seems that way.

Anyone have an answer for this? I have a couple of mp3s of it, one bad quality one good, and the DVD mix has a different feel about it.

Little_Miss_1565
11-28-2006, 06:06 AM
I just think it's weird that, when everyone else on the soundtrack was covering Steely Dan, the Offspring chose to cover AFI. Wonder why it's the second song in the credits indeed.

AtomMasnyk
11-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Yea its on the last credits. It sucks that the Offspring gets screwed outta every soundtrack. Lmao just like Orange county. I watched it on FX and only to see they play it in the car background for like 3 secs and they dont use any words. I was like

It was an amazng 3 secs

RageAndLov
11-28-2006, 07:23 AM
oh ok thanks that makes sense just seems odd to have as song that only plays during the credits

anyway thanks i thought I'd gone crazy

they need to have some songs during the credits, and this time it was time for offspring to play a song during credits

AtomMasnyk
11-28-2006, 08:46 AM
I dont get what your saying. But yea they need to play songs like Original Prankster in The Animal. That movie was so much better because of Original Prankster. It was set up perfect too. I think American Pie2, Want you Bad was also displayed pretty good

German Andres
11-28-2006, 09:13 AM
I haven`t heard TotalInmortal. Is it good? I only know that the song is originally from AFI. That group was supported by Dexter and Greg`s Nitro Records?

Llamas
11-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Screwed in movie soundtracks? what about "I Know What You Did Last Summer" or "Batman Forever"? They used a great portion of DUI and Smash it Up in those movies.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 02:31 PM
That Batmobile sequence in Forever was so amazingly rad I almost stopped mocking people long enough to appreciate its awesomeness. :D Shit movie, rad 30 seconds.

If only we'd get Offspring in one of Chris Nolan's Batman flicks. Fukkyeahizzle.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 02:35 PM
I liked batman forever quite a bit. and that scene was terrific.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 02:55 PM
Fuck off. Val Kilmer, nipple suits, Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face?

And gah, the cinematography.

It was Glam-man.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Val Kilmer was a good batman. Not as good as Keaten in the first one, but hella better than the newest one. Two face was a decent band guy.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Val Kilmer was a good batman. Not as good as Keaten in the first one, but hella better than the newest one.

:eek: I...I-I...um, I...I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Did you...

Did you just say Val fucking Kilmer made a better Bruce Wayne/Batman than fucking motherhumping Christian Bale fucking fucking?

Alright, I'm done. I can die laughing.

Little_Miss_1565
11-28-2006, 03:10 PM
I don't give a fuck about the movie, the soundtrack for Batman Forever is fucking phenomenal (though I could lose the Brandy song), and it was really well-utilized in the movie itself.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Agreed. Agreed one hundred times over.

I remember buying that back in '95 as a kid and being all "duuude - this rocks".

All I'm saying is it would have been better with either Batman '89, Returns, or the new run of Begins and Dark Knight etc.

...Since, you know. Forever and Batman & Robin are pretty-much some of the worst movies of the '90s.

Little_Miss_1565
11-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Forever is alright. Watchable because of how well they use the soundtrack. Batman & Robin should be burned.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 03:26 PM
I like batman forever, but the thing is, just like begins, you can't watch it as being a typical batman movie. the batmobile in Forever kicked the ASSES of the batmobile in ANY of the other movies (FUCK the batmobile in begins). His suit was the best. The riddler and two face were interesting bad guys (much better than in returns). And the soundtrack was killer.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Why can't you watch Begins as a "typical Batman movie"? Oh, right, because they finally got it right. People are so used to the shitty Burton/Schumacher films they don't even realise that's not how it's meant to be.

Begins wasn't perfect, but it was 99.9% of the way there. Dark Knight will go the extra step, he'll be more "Batman-y" in the sequel: gadgets and detective work and shit. But the whole ninja-revenge thing is actually how it is. Not Burton '89.

I'm kind of with you on the Tumbler though. It kicks ass, and it fits well with Nolan's more realistic take. But it's...not really...the...Batmobile. Burton's car was sweet.

But how can you say Forever had the best costume? It wasn't as stiff and rubbery as the first two, but like...S&M shit, chief. He looked like he'd walked out of some red-light district gay bar.

That being said, I don't like any of the "black mould" movie suits. Even Begins. Where's the grey double-tone? We need that shit. More armour-y, less toy-looking.

*geek rant over*

Llamas
11-28-2006, 03:36 PM
I thought Begins was alright, but it moved into the modern style of superhero movies, which I don't like. It felt like a very typical superhero movie for those of the 2000s. What I liked so much about the first three batmans was that they were so different. Batman Begins felt like it had the same mood as spiderman, xmen, the new superman, etc.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 03:39 PM
But again, Forever was completely different from '89 and Returns. In style and feel.

Begins is pretty-much the highest quality "modern superhero" movie along with X2.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 03:47 PM
You are right that Forever was different from the others. However, it didn't feel like it was conforming. Begins felt like an intentional conformation to what they knew was popular for superhero movies right now.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 03:50 PM
:confused: I'm a little confused. How?

It took a completely different direction than any so far, except for I guess a few similarities to the first Spiderman. And those elements come direct from the comic/cartoon source material anyway...

Llamas
11-28-2006, 04:05 PM
The similarities lie mostly in the mood, direction, and cinematography.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 04:11 PM

Begins was basically a Bourne Identity movie in terms of cinematography. Nothing like any other comic adaptation at all.

Notice the fight-scenes? Hardly summer-movie action extravaganzas, you couldn't see what the hell was happening. On purpose. Other superhero movies really emphasise the "pow shazam bang" crap, Begins was just him jumping out of the shadows and headbutting fuckers.

Little_Miss_1565
11-28-2006, 10:29 PM
How is it that every thread devolves into a pissing match between the two of you?

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Because we're both just that damn sexy.

Isn't that reason enough?!?! :p

Llamas
11-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I was actually enjoying this conversation. This thread was boring before, anyway. Plus, pissing matches aren't fair cause I'm a girl. :(

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Pwned.

!!!

Little_Miss_1565
11-29-2006, 05:04 AM
Enjoy the conversation all you want, just take it to General Chat or PM.