PDA

View Full Version : Clerks 2

Camel Filters
11-28-2006, 11:17 AM
It's finally out on DVD. I'd get it but I put it on my christmas list. I saw it in theaters and I liked it. So who's going to get it?

RickyCrack
11-28-2006, 11:38 AM
probably your mom, lololololololol

Llamas
11-28-2006, 11:42 AM
oh shitdamn!

Grabbal
11-28-2006, 12:14 PM
What is it about??

nightvision
11-28-2006, 01:47 PM
http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/hashtorrent/3558892.torrent/Clerks.2%5B2006%5DDvDrip%5BEng%5D-aXXo.3558892.TPB.torrent

RickyCrack
11-28-2006, 02:05 PM
http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/hashtorrent/3558892.torrent/Clerks.2%5B2006%5DDvDrip%5BEng%5D-aXXo.3558892.TPB.torrent

you always looked like a fag, but you've earned my respect.

Amiralanal
11-28-2006, 02:10 PM
I loved the first clerks. There are also other movies by writer/director Kevin Smith that takes place inte the same ''universe''. Jay and silent Bob are featured in almost all of Kevin Smiths movies.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Clerks 2 was weak. They pulled their punches this time.

Seriously about on-par with Dogma as the worst Smith movie. I'll never understand all the hate for Mallrats, since that flick pretty-much pisses all over this one.

Clerks and Chasing Amy reign supreme, and even Strike Back was fun in a goofy kind of "not meant to be good" way.

Clerks 2 was a ballsack of a movie, though. Don't bother with it, the first one ended just fine.

Vera
11-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Cheya right.

nightvision
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
you always looked like a fag, but you've earned my respect.

I have no idea who you are. Why the hell would I want your respect?

JohnnyNemesis
11-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Oooh, I like this guy!

Vera
11-29-2006, 03:07 AM
In all honesty, sure, it doesn't fit your neat box of indie cinema what with all the colour and sort of cheap humor but fuck that, indie cinema is dead anyway.

It was an awesome sequel in my mind. It had a definite newness to it but kept with the characters and the first movie very well. It could've been totally uneven but I didn't find it that. And it was just really funny.

mrconeman
11-29-2006, 06:09 AM
Clerks 2 was weak. They pulled their punches this time.

Seriously about on-par with Dogma as the worst Smith movie. I'll never understand all the hate for Mallrats, since that flick pretty-much pisses all over this one.

Clerks and Chasing Amy reign supreme, and even Strike Back was fun in a goofy kind of "not meant to be good" way.

Clerks 2 was a ballsack of a movie, though. Don't bother with it, the first one ended just fine.
You fail at films. Obviously you haven't seen Jersey girl for a start, that's fucking easily Kevin Smith's worst work.

Second...what hate for Mallrats? most people I know cite it as their favourite of the Smith movies, it's a good film indeed, but both Clerks movies piss all over it.

Chasing Amy is probably my favourite Smith film though, it's just fucking awesome <3

Clerks 2 was a great sequel to the first one. I think the first one is better, I just loved the low budget feel, and the fact that it avoids all these retarded Hollywood stereotypes, and I've known it from I was a kid so it has a certain sentimental value.

However, going in to Clerks 2 I knew full well not to expect the same thing, you expect someone like Kevin Smith to release a black and white movie today? Keep dreaming. Avoiding all the technical mumbo jumbo, it was just a good, fun film. I see no reason to call it a "Ballsack" of a movie. If you don't like it, fair enough, but it clearly was a well written, well made film.

sKratch
11-29-2006, 06:51 AM
I watched Clerks 2 for free and still felt ripped off.

Mota Boy
11-29-2006, 07:14 AM
I haven't seen Clerks 2. The whole idea of Keven Smith limping back to the Jersey Chronicles after the limpid "Jersey Girl" just felt shameful to witness.

Vera
11-29-2006, 07:26 AM
I watched Clerks 2 for free and still felt ripped off.

You know, I liked it, but I'm still glad I didn't spend money on it. Will buy the first film on DVD eventually, though.

HornyPope
11-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I haven't seen Clerks 2. The whole idea of Keven Smith limping back to the Jersey Chronicles after the limpid "Jersey Girl" just felt shameful to witness.

I thought so too, but I wanted to believe in a change. I WANTED TO BELIEVE!

And now I feel worse than a rape victim. Well, maybe not the gangbang victims.

Paint_It_Black
11-29-2006, 01:11 PM
You fail at films. Obviously you haven't seen Jersey girl for a start, that's fucking easily Kevin Smith's worst work.

Chasing Amy is probably my favourite Smith film though, it's just fucking awesome <3

When did I start agreeing with you so much?

0r4ng3
11-29-2006, 01:21 PM
That first one (Jersey Girl sucking) is fact, not opinion.

As for Clerks 2, I thought it was pretty good. I don't think I ever took the time out to rank my favorite Kevin Smith movies, but I'm sure Mallrats is my favorite.

Venom Symbiote
11-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Vera and Mrconeman, are you actually trying to imply that the reason I don't like Clerks 2 is because it's in colour?

That's fucking insane. Give me some credit. Of course it wouldn't be shot in black & white. It's just a poor script, illogical course for the story to take, and most of all...it just wasn't needed. It's like the Star Wars prequels: not. fucking. necessary. And the gags were just kind of "oh, right, here we go - of course he's going to do that" - predictable and not-at-all shocking, even in a gross-out way.

That donkey sequence was just pretty fucking lame.

And you're right about Jersey Girl, sorry I didn't include it. I haven't actually seen it, and sincerely doubt I'll ever bother. I was mainly discussing his Jay & Bob universe movies, I guess.

And yes, while Mallrats is one of my personal favourites of his, most of his hardcore fanbase hate it. It also got some of the worst reviews in the press.

Still, Brodie is my favourite Smith-movie character, no contest.

JoY
11-29-2006, 03:26 PM
You fail at films.

LOLzZZ, taht be WRONG cuz he lyke studiez teh movies.

Richard, I found him first. *sticks out tongue*

Venom Symbiote
11-29-2006, 03:57 PM
:rolleyes:

Wow.

HornyPope
11-29-2006, 04:15 PM
I thought all the Smith movies except Clerks were garbage. No, that's not entierly true, there was a time I liked them, but I suppose there was also a time I enjoyed eating mudd cookies and building sand castles. It doesn't pass the test of time is what i'm trying to say.

Lodat225
12-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Awesome movie.

Overworked & Underfucked
12-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Clerks was one of my favourite movies long before there was ever talk of making a sequel. My opinion on the second movie? I wasn't disappointed, it was great, but still not as good as the first. :)