PDA

View Full Version : Tom Holland

igniton/pyro
11-28-2006, 01:33 PM
wow, Dexter got one cool uncle. he made Child Play and Fright Night. two great horror movies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Holland_%28director%29

Gayman
11-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Yep. And he has a cousine that is an actor.....can't remember his name. Go to www.imdb.com and you'll find everything.

Stranger With Candy
11-28-2006, 02:25 PM
Yep. And he has a cousine that is an actor.....can't remember his name. Go to www.imdb.com and you'll find everything.

Josh Holland

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Oooooollllllddddd.

*raises middle finger politely*

Llamas
11-28-2006, 03:34 PM
I actually didn't know this. Cool.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 03:53 PM
You're a newb.

Hey, whoa, speaking of Minnesota, in completely random fashion they're making a fourth Mighty Ducks movie. Ho-lee shit, just read that now. Amazing. Amazing.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 04:02 PM
How am I a newb?

anyway, mighty ducks was great. a new one will suck ass though.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 04:06 PM
The third one did. I'm more freaking out on sheer nostalgia value.

Fuck, man. Bring on the mid-'90s. Hells yes.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Was the 3rd one where emilio sent them to a private school and they had to play against some elite assholes and adam switched to the other team cause of a district change?

ZagmenO
11-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Are we talkin' the cartoon mighty ducks?

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Nope, we're de-railing the thread and talking about the cheesy kid's movie series. It's about 15 years old now I guess.

And yeah, Llamas, that's the one. Pretty crap flick. Loved the first two though. I mean, shit, what with this and the fact they're bringing back the Ninja Turtles to the big screen, the 8 year old me just had an aneurism. Good times.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 04:28 PM
I liked it, but the lack of Emilio was lame. It was a little too mushy, too, with the whole romance part of it. However, I still loved it.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 04:37 PM
I guess just the cheesy "jock & hot girlfriend V.S. good-guy Charlie* got to me after a while.

Still, I guess it's not any worse than "THE EVIL ICELAND TEAM WEARING BLACK" from 2. :D Damn those angry Eurotrash.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 04:46 PM
haha. d2 was totally my fave.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Fo'sho.

That whole goalie rivalry between Goldberg and Julie "The Cat" roxxorz my soxxorz. Bwahaha. She rocks in that movie.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 05:04 PM
hahaha!! oh yeah! goldberg was awesome. and band when joshua jackson was still cool... and oh man... I forget that guy's name, started with an E... he was totally hardcore.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 05:07 PM
:p Haha, we sure know how to take over the forum and make everything off-topic.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Mighty Ducks is a reason for off-topicness no matter what.

Sinister
11-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Indeed. Hell, I can even remember the TV ads for D2, how awesome is that ?

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 05:17 PM
We are all so old-school.

Shit, remember how big rollerblading used to be around that time? Fuck, I used to play street hockey like every day after school as a kid with the neighbours. Now all kids do is sit around watching friggin' Spongebob.

Mighty Ducks is such a...youth...memory...thingie. Bring on a fourth, fuck yeah.

Haha, Sinister, the TV ads in '94? You would have been like...5. Haha.

Sinister
11-28-2006, 05:19 PM
I might go for sheer nostalgia value. And about rollerblades, I tried once and fell flat on my ass due to my horrible sense of balance.

Llamas
11-28-2006, 05:35 PM
My little sister and brother and I used to play hockey in the driveway. We'd strap on the rollerblades, put a hockey goal in front of the garage, and skate around with hockey sticks and fight over the puck. good times.

Venom Symbiote
11-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Street hockey = who says football or rugby is violent? :D

Man we had many an ass kicked back in the day, broken wrists and raw-hamburger knee scrapes and such.

EMehl6
11-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Venom, I noticed you said something about TMNT being brought back to the big screen. Where'd you hear this? That's fucking amazing.

Speaking of old school 90's stuff, I heard their making a 3rd Mortal Kombat movie. Supposedly it's going to have a completely different storyline since the 2nd one sucked. Fuck yes.

Llamas
11-29-2006, 01:53 PM
I thought he just said mighty ducks, not TMNT?

EMehl6
11-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I mean, shit, what with this and the fact they're bringing back the Ninja Turtles to the big screen, the 8 year old me just had an aneurism. Good times.

He talked about the TMNT too, which got me all excited. I loved that shit when I was a kid. To be honest, I still bust out the VHS tapes and watch the movies from time to time.

Venom Symbiote
11-29-2006, 03:10 PM
It's animated though, dude. CGI, like think a less-cartoony/kiddy Toy Story or Cars or whatever. It's based as a sequel to the first movie (dark), ignoring the kind-of-ok second one and the shitty third one. It'll still be on the big screen in the cinema though, not straight-to-DVD or anything.

And yeah man, I think any male kid born in the '80s was pretty-much obsessed with the Turtles by '90 or '91. :P I was a friggin' fiend for everything TMNT.

And I don't have the live-action movies on tape, gah. They're on DVD though, I should probably pick them up, haven't seen them in years.

But that first Turtles movie was actually pretty amazing. Right up there with the best comic movies ever made. It's amazing how realistic and almost believable they got them to look in that, probably due to all the dark and moody lighting.

Oh, by the way, just go to www.apple.com/trailers and search for the teaser, I'm pretty sure they have it there. It's pretty cool, they're way more athletic and agile obviously, due to the nature of the effects possibilities.

EMehl6
11-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I loved the Turtles. Those were the good 'ol days. They need to remaster them and re-release them, 'cause my VHS tapes have seen better days. I don't care if it's a TMNT movie made with shit on a stick, I'm still going to see that shit the day it hits theatres. No pun intended.

Did you happen to catch my post about a new Mortal Kombat movie? I assume if you were into the Turtles you probably liked that, too.

Venom Symbiote
11-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Oh, right, sorry - I did see it, just forgot to reply to that point. Here goes: FUCK the Mortal Kombat movies. :p :D Just like the Street Fighter movie, FUCK that too. Horrible horrible. Fighting game movies never turn out well. God, they even released D.O.A. and are working on the planning stages of a Soul Calibur flick. Ugh.

Although, the TMNT movies have been released on DVD, which would make me think the transfer has probably been improved. Re-mastered, if you will. They're definitely available, man.

And check out the CGI movie trailer I linked you to, if you're as into the Ninja Turtles as I am I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. Woah, civil conversation between EMehl6 and I. See, offspring.com forums! There is hope for you all! Heh.

EMehl6
11-29-2006, 03:35 PM
I watched it, and that shit was amazing. Thank you for that. I'm so excited about it, I felt compelled to bring it to the "New Album" thread.

Venom Symbiote
11-29-2006, 03:39 PM
I care not.

Heh, I just watched it again for the first time in a few months, it's still pretty funny. Oh, Mikey, you'll just never learn, you goofy little nunchaku-wielding bastard.

I love the fluidity of their movements in that clip, too. The running over the buildings and all, perfect. Almost Batman-esque. And very "ninja".

EMehl6
11-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I'm glad to see they left the humor in. It looks like it'll be very well done, and just as amazing as the first one. Did you notice the date? It's in March, so it's like an early present before the Offspring's new album.

Llamas
11-29-2006, 08:39 PM
I was a total turtles freak. I was kind of a tomboy growing up, and all my friends were boys. So I was all about the turtles! I looooved the first and second movies. I never saw the third one because it looked gay. I'm now excited for a new one... shame it's CG, though.

EMehl6
11-30-2006, 07:54 AM
It is CGI, but it still looks awesome.

Tijs
11-30-2006, 08:10 AM
Thread closed on request of the creator.