PDA

View Full Version : "Mission from God"

Camilamazed
11-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Here I go....

I believe this song is related to "Jesus" or to a person that was designated to be a priest or something like that. Donate his/her life to religious purposes.

I found many meanings for Pensacola, but "Pensacola Christian College" caught my attention.

If I'm wrong please let me know.

Yes, I really need help to make it even clear for me.

1) Is this song all in 1º person singular??? I mean:

" (I)Never knew where to go
(I) Never used to go to at night
(I'm) Thinking but I didn't know"

2)What does "A Perfect California" stand for?

Something like "Americana"?

3) "Never used to go to at night": I couldn't understand "go to"
I found out something like to die and Maker:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/go%20to

4) "If I could save the world
I might do it
I just might do it
Now it.s up to me
So are you worth it?
Are you really worth it?
If I can save the world "

Does it mean that the person is wondering if it's worth to save the Human being even if he had the chance or that it's up to us do something good to save our own lives?

:)

Ninty Man
11-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Here I go....

I believe this song is related to "Jesus" or to a person that was designated to be a priest or something like that. Donate his/her life to religious purposes.

I found many meanings for Pensacola, but "Pensacola Christian College" caught my attention.

If I'm wrong please let me know.

Yes, I really need help to make it even clear for me.

1) Is this song all in 1º person singular??? I mean:

" (I)Never knew where to go
(I) Never used to go to at night
(I'm) Thinking but I didn't know"

2)What does "A Perfect California" stand for?

Something like "Americana"?

3) "Never used to go to at night": I couldn't understand "go to"
I found out something like to die and Maker:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/go%20to

4) "If I could save the world
I might do it
I just might do it
Now it.s up to me
So are you worth it?
Are you really worth it?
If I can save the world "

Does it mean that the person is wondering if it's worth to save the Human being even if he had the chance or that it's up to us do something good to save our own lives?

:)

MMM somehow, I think that it's a reference to a psycho that thinks he has a mission... killing people... that's my opinion

Thomas
11-28-2006, 11:14 PM
He's criticizing the religious fanatics that believe they can save the world (i.e. make California perfect), basically. At least that was MY interpretation of the song.

Little_Miss_1565
11-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Pensacola is a city in Florida.

1) yes.

4) I think the speaker is wondering if it would be worth the effort to save the world--is the person hearing the song worth saving?

aijuswanaseing
11-29-2006, 12:56 AM
song-meaning.com is really good if you're interested in other people's song interpretations. maybe that can help you?

Jojan
11-29-2006, 04:05 AM
My thoughts
1)
Never knew where to go
Never used to go to at night
Thinking but I didn't know
Never could seem to get it right
But I've made up my mind
Yeah I've made up my mind

2)
I wanna feel important
I wanna feel alive
Don't talk to me
Don't talk to you
You know I'm lying
You know the truth

3)
Yeah, I'm on a Mission From God
It sounds kinda crazy but I like it a lot
I'm an answer to the man up above
It's me he's speaking of
Yeah, so I'm just a fortunate son?
Everybody wants to be the chosen one
I'm on a mission
I'm on a mission from God

4)
I went to Pensacola just to get an opinion
A perfect California get it straight in my mind
Take a new road, take a new direction
Maybe going to get it right
But I've made up my mind

5)
Yeah I've made up my mind
I wanna feel important
I wanna feel alive
Don't talk to me
Don't talk to you
You know I’m lying
You know the truth

6)
Yeah, I'm on a mission from God
It sounds kinda crazy but I like it a lot
It's me he's speaking of
Yeah, so I'm just a fortunate son?
Everybody wants to be the chosen one
I'm on a mission
I'm on a mission from God

7)
If I could save the world
I might do it
I just might do it
Now it’s up to me
So are you worth it?
Are you really worth it?
If I can save the world

8)
Yeah I'm on a Mission From God
Sounds kinda crazy but I like it a lot
It's me he's speaking of
On a mission, on a mission, on a mission, a mission, a mission, mission, mission, mission
Yeah I'm on a mission

1)
Some one is feeling a litte bit as an outsider. One who doesn't belong anywhere. But then he gets an idea.

2)
He don't want to be outsider, he wants to be alive.
"God" know's everything, even that I'm lying.

3)
He explains that he is the new Jesus or Messiah or whoever, that's on a mission from God.

4)
Pensacola is probobly Pensacola Christian College (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pensacola_Christian_College). Then someone or something tells him that he should try or do something new. But it isn't really new, since there is million of people everywhere who claim they are the chosen one.

5)
Same as 2)

6)
Same as 3)

7)
Simply, is the world really worth to be saved? Just like anyone with alot of power does take advantage of the situation and doesn't really do what's best for the rest. Egoists. "I got the power, not you"

8)
Same as 3)

German Andres
11-29-2006, 09:43 AM
I think that the song is about a man, who thinks or maybe is, sent by God to "save" our world.
" Now its up to me, so are you worth it?". That part is very logical. We have to prove to that person/Jesus that its worth saving us than , I don`t know, "judging" us. Do you understand what do I mean by "judging" don`t you?
Awesome song. The best in my opinion.

Demon_of_Debauchery
11-29-2006, 10:47 AM
http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/interview?interviewID=308
"Like in the vain of a ‘Bad Habit‘. The guy in the song is kooky and whacked out. I should re-write that about the Washington sniper now, huh? So that one was left off and we never did anything with it. That was that one…."

rlplaymaker
11-29-2006, 12:00 PM
The song, I believe, isa about someone who wants attention and pretends to be the "chosen one". He makes the excuse that God is telling him to do all these things, but in reality, hes just using that for an excuse. Knowing he cant sace the world, he says IF I COULD save the world, i might do it. He can't cuz hes not affiliated with God at all. thats what i got outta it, but damn, thats a mess. regardless, awesome song.

Venom Symbiote
11-29-2006, 03:13 PM
This thread is loserific.

We already know what the song's about, it's pretty self-explanatory. Why all have an academic shouting match to try and outdo each other in your analysis?

Any cock can decipher this on the second listen.

0r4ng3
11-29-2006, 03:16 PM
When English isn't exactly your first language, it takes a bit more than that.

Venom Symbiote
11-29-2006, 03:20 PM
:p I don't like taking that into consideration. It's not convenient for insults.

Little_Miss_1565
11-29-2006, 03:44 PM
No, it would just make you think harder to find one. But with all this free time you clearly have on your hands, I can't see why you wouldn't jump at the opportunity to come up with something actually relevant.

Camilamazed
11-29-2006, 03:59 PM
aijuswannaseeing, thank you for the site, but I've already tried that one and it didn't hel me out. I use the forum because I want to discuss it with people that REALLY know about songs.

Demon of whatever, thank you for the link.

Venom. I bet you only LISTEN to songs in your language because you must not be smart enough to learn different languages. That's really nice you're only good to English. I really don't mind about your worthless opinion because the insults is only what you've got to offer to other people. Poor thing.. You cannot share anything else. I have faith on you though. I know someday you'll be able to use all of your knowledge to do something relevant.

To those who helped me out, Thank you very much. Now I know the right words to translate into Portuguese.