PDA

View Full Version : My band's name

Ninty Man
11-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Hey, I'm forming a band with one of my fellas (we don't even know how to play... and no, we don't have instruments... but I'm learning drums)... but we should be a punk rock band... with probable evolving to rock... so, here's some names:

Unsoul Bastards
Chilango's Punkers
Hell's Monks
La prole (it's The offspring in spanish)
Manic Subsidial XD
The Rodriguex

MaF
11-28-2006, 11:14 PM
Manic Subsidial XD
The Rodriguex
Heh, had same idea 2....:D

haven't instruments, haven't skills....
so
band name - Noobs or We nub

Ninty Man
11-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Heh, had same idea 2....:D

haven't instruments, haven't skills....
so
band name - Noobs or We nub

well... I suck a little on drums..

Noobs?? that's too nerdy

What about Tequila Gangsters?

F@ BANKZ
11-29-2006, 01:05 PM
Noobs?? that's too nerdy

What about Tequila Gangsters?

Noobies?
Das Nubz?
The Nubbetetta Jrs?

78 Water
11-29-2006, 01:58 PM
I would never use a band name with the word bastard, ass, shit, fuck, or douche in it. It takes away immensly from the band.

T-6005
11-29-2006, 04:12 PM
I don't care. Find a name by yourself.

randman21
11-30-2006, 05:54 AM
The Serotonin-Reuptake Inhibitors, or the SRIs.

Ninty Man
11-30-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't care. Find a name by yourself.

Fuck you

The Serotonin-Reuptake Inhibitors, or the SRIs.

How about this:

Twisted sisters?
Sex pistols?
Ramones

ninthlayer
11-30-2006, 06:11 PM
Spicfags
Browntrash

You probably wont ever even have a show.

Llamas
12-01-2006, 12:30 AM
I hate when people make these kinds of threads. Bands with good names have reasons for naming themselves that, not just because it sounded cool. I would just love to hear some famous band say, "Yeah, we came up with the name cause our drummer asked some random people on the internet what a good name would be".

Venom Symbiote
12-01-2006, 04:44 AM
Guitar Beaners.

JoY
12-01-2006, 05:52 AM
I hate when people make these kinds of threads. Bands with good names have reasons for naming themselves that, not just because it sounded cool. I would just love to hear some famous band say, "Yeah, we came up with the name cause our drummer asked some random people on the internet what a good name would be".

well, I agree & all, except I don't think the reasons to pick a particular name for your band need to be good, but at least a band's name is personal when you come up with it yourself. for all I care my favorite band Racoon tells their fans they chose the name "Racoon", because the singer's girlfriend once used make up in a way she looked like a racoon in effect. as long as they didn't let a bunch of strangers come up with it, because they lacked the creativity to come up with something as simple & effective as Racoon.

you don't have to wreck your poor brain trying to come up with a name, just take something simple & effective & at least come up with it yourself. why would anyone let anyone else name their own band? it's ridiculous.

randman21
12-01-2006, 06:05 AM

I agree with you, but, hey, Fall Out Boy got its name by request of an audience member (...who got it from "The Simpsons").

JoY
12-01-2006, 06:18 AM
a member of THEIR audience. that still makes it more personal than asking a bunch of strangers over the internet to pick a name for you, because you entirely lack any form of creativity. plus, someone suggested it, they apparently liked the suggestion & chose the suggested name for themselves. meaning they were still the ones to choose it.

I don't get how people in-a-band.. playing-an-instrument.. which should be a creative act in itself, can lack the creativity to come up with something as simple as a fucking band name. holy shit. the fact they'd admit it by asking a bunch of strangers makes it even worse. I mean, who would want to listen to a band, that wasn't even creative enough to come up with their own NAME?

Llamas
12-01-2006, 04:40 PM
well, I agree & all, except I don't think the reasons to pick a particular name for your band need to be good, but at least a band's name is personal when you come up with it yourself. for all I care my favorite band Racoon tells their fans they chose the name "Racoon", because the singer's girlfriend once used make up in a way she looked like a racoon in effect. as long as they didn't let a bunch of strangers come up with it, because they lacked the creativity to come up with something as simple & effective as Racoon.

you don't have to wreck your poor brain trying to come up with a name, just take something simple & effective & at least come up with it yourself. why would anyone let anyone else name their own band? it's ridiculous.

I didn't mean to say your name has to be deep or important. One of my favorite band names is Eve 6. The band was watching xfiles and there were 6 Eves in different cases, and they were numbered... and the sixth one took out the man's eyeball and ate it to show she liked him. They liked it and made it their name. It's not deep or profound, but it means something to them.

I also love how the goo goo dolls came up with their name while drunk and now they hate their name, lol.

I agree with you, but, hey, Fall Out Boy got its name by request of an audience member (...who got it from "The Simpsons").

first of all, fallout boy is not really a good band name... and second of all, joy is right, it's from their audience, not random strangers online.

T-6005
12-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Shit, even if my name was the same name as I've found out Kevin Federline's album is (whatever, we were there first), at least we came up with it ourselves.

Call it fucking Ninty Man if you have to.

randman21
12-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I also love how the goo goo dolls came up with their name while drunk and now they hate their name, lol.

first of all, fallout boy is not really a good band name... and second of all, joy is right, it's from their audience, not random strangers online.

Yeah, I'm with you both. I just enjoy playing devil's advocate, from time to time. And, yes, FOB is a bad name, although I hated it less, once I found that it wasn't a bunch of random words, thrown together. Didn't help me much with actually liking THE BAND, though.

rofl @ Goo Goo Dolls. Didn't know that.

Ninty Man
12-09-2006, 07:57 PM

It was just a damn question... dammit

Sometimes you're just a bitch

And, the name will be:

Hijos del Tequila

Llamas
12-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I'm with you both. I just enjoy playing devil's advocate, from time to time. And, yes, FOB is a bad name, although I hated it less, once I found that it wasn't a bunch of random words, thrown together. Didn't help me much with actually liking THE BAND, though.

rofl @ Goo Goo Dolls. Didn't know that.

They were really drunk and were looking in the classifieds... Robby saw an ad for some "Goo dolls", and they started laughing really hard at the name... so they decided to make it their band name. Then the band took a turn toward being a serious band and they hated that the name made them sound like a moronic goofy band.

Ninty Man
12-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Now it's definitive:

La prole (offspring in spanish)

DeAtHsTaR
12-15-2006, 08:18 PM

Fall Out Boy got their name when they asked a crowd at a battle of the bands what their name should be. It wasn't till recently that they found out it was a Simpsons reference.

But, FOB sucks.

EDIT: lol, damn you Randman.

The Deceptionist
12-15-2006, 09:16 PM

dude, the music market is flooded with talentless crap this kinda things probably common practice these days lol

adombomb222
12-15-2006, 10:09 PM
S.S.D.D. (Same Shit Different Day) I think would be a good band name. It was the name of the band I was in, till I got out because the band mates didn't know shit about music so they changed their name (twice) and im glad I left. Listen to them suck ass... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=123018923.

Llamas
12-16-2006, 12:11 AM
S.S.D.D. (Same Shit Different Day) I think would be a good band name. It was the name of the band I was in, till I got out because the band mates didn't know shit about music so they changed their name (twice) and im glad I left. Listen to them suck ass... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=123018923.

First of all, I don't think that's a good band name, personally.

Second of all, if they suck so much, linking them in promoting them... that makes no sense...

adombomb222
12-16-2006, 09:37 AM
First of all, I don't think that's a good band name, personally.

Second of all, if they suck so much, linking them in promoting them... that makes no sense...

Well they don't understand music, and I feel that I need to justify why I left the band. Iím not all too sure why I would link them, maybe to prove that it wasn't worth sticking around in.

JoY
12-17-2006, 06:13 AM
actually, I do like that bandname.

are bandnames like material/objects/articles nowadays? "take this one! we used it, but we don't want it anymore". has it lost its subjective, personal character to such extent? whatta shame.

Llamas
12-17-2006, 06:47 AM
I just think of the episode of Gilmore Girls when they're arguing over a band name, and one of the members comes up with "Follow Them to the End of the River", or something... and the one guy says it's too long, so the first guy says, "Yeah but once we're famous, our fans will shorten it to "FTTTEOTR". haha, love that show.

But I agree with you, Joy.

Thomas
12-17-2006, 06:51 AM
This is off-topic(ish), but I just wanted to share the story of my band's name. My singer, my bass player, and I were in the same Comparative Government class last year and one of the countries we studied was Iran. When coming up with names, we thought, "Hey! The Shah of Iran would be a cool name, and everyone in our class would get it!" Unfortunately, we are a bit retarded and we thought that "Shah" was spelled with a w. It wasn't until about a month after our first show when we learned that we had spelled it wrong. Of course, finding this to be rather funny, we kept the name.

Oh, it was also almost going to be "The Shwa" because of the last two syllables in in our lead guitar player's name "Joshua," but that idea was canned.

JoY
12-17-2006, 08:25 AM
I just think of the episode of Gilmore Girls when they're arguing over a band name, and one of the members comes up with "Follow Them to the End of the River", or something... and the one guy says it's too long, so the first guy says, "Yeah but once we're famous, our fans will shorten it to "FTTTEOTR". haha, love that show.

oh BABY, I love the Gilmore Girls & this scene in particular<333333!!

edit; STOP! I just found The most brilliant Wiki site with loads & loads of quotes from the Gilmore Girls. the quote you mentioned isn't quite like you said it, but it comes down to the same;

Dave: What we need is a name.
Brian: I made my suggestion.
Zach: Yeah, and we vetoed "The Harry Potters". Next.
Brian: So yours is better?
Zach: "Follow Them to the Edge of the Desert" is memorable and classy.
Brian: I run out of breath every time I say it.
Zach: You've got asthma, dude. You run out of breath saying your name.
Dave: Yeah, Brian, we can't work our name around your respiratory illnesses.
Brian: Even without an inhaler, "Follow Them to the Edge of the Desert" is too long.
Zach: Yeah, but when we get famous, our fans will shorten it to F-T-T-T-E-O-T-D.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Gilmore_Girls - tadaa, love me.

ZagmenO
12-17-2006, 02:23 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! You should name teh band:

"The 'Spring!"

LMFAO! ROFL! LMFAO! ROFL!!!!

Thomas
12-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Do you really find yourself funny?

Llamas
12-17-2006, 04:33 PM
oh BABY, I love the Gilmore Girls & this scene in particular<333333!!

edit; STOP! I just found The most brilliant Wiki site with loads & loads of quotes from the Gilmore Girls. the quote you mentioned isn't quite like you said it, but it comes down to the same;

Dave: What we need is a name.
Brian: I made my suggestion.
Zach: Yeah, and we vetoed "The Harry Potters". Next.
Brian: So yours is better?
Zach: "Follow Them to the Edge of the Desert" is memorable and classy.
Brian: I run out of breath every time I say it.
Zach: You've got asthma, dude. You run out of breath saying your name.
Dave: Yeah, Brian, we can't work our name around your respiratory illnesses.
Brian: Even without an inhaler, "Follow Them to the Edge of the Desert" is too long.
Zach: Yeah, but when we get famous, our fans will shorten it to F-T-T-T-E-O-T-D.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Gilmore_Girls - tadaa, love me.

I *knew* river wasn't right... I just completely blanked on what it actually was, haha. I also came close to searching GG quotes, but figured the jist was enough, hehe. Thanks!

Agatio
12-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Try naming your band something cool and origianl like Green Day or Led Zepplin.

JoY
12-18-2006, 06:13 AM
I *knew* river wasn't right... I just completely blanked on what it actually was, haha. I also came close to searching GG quotes, but figured the jist was enough, hehe. Thanks!

I didn't remember what it was exactly either. but now we know! & it's awesome! cuz Girlmore Girls is awesome!

I so regret not having a tv right now.:(

Ninty Man
12-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Try naming your band something cool and origianl like Green Day or Led Zepplin.

MMM... maybe

DexterWannabe
12-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Ninty Man's Instrumental Orchestra?

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey, I'm forming a band with one of my fellas (we don't even know how to play... and no, we don't have instruments... but I'm learning drums)... but we should be a punk rock band... with probable evolving to rock... so, here's some names:

Unsoul Bastards
Chilango's Punkers
Hell's Monks
Manic Subsidial XD
The Rodriguex

I thought The Offspring in spanish was El descendiente.

Ninty Man
12-22-2006, 03:41 PM

LOL, no

I thought The Offspring in spanish was El descendiente

One of the meanings

Llamas
12-25-2006, 09:53 PM

orchestras are usually instrumental...

SkunkIt
12-26-2006, 12:52 AM
The Ass Sniffers
Lice

UgLy_eLf
12-26-2006, 01:41 AM
Skid mark surfers...Dude. < JUST like that, include the Dude. If you make it big I get royalties.

FrancoDaHui
12-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Skid mark surfers...Dude. < JUST like that, include the Dude. If you make it big I get royalties.

i think that's a little imposible

i like The Rodriguex XD

Ninty Man
12-28-2006, 09:33 PM
i think that's a little imposible

i like The Rodriguex XD

What the fuck the last name meant?

DexterWannabe
12-31-2006, 08:09 AM
orchestras are usually instrumental...

well, yes but Ninty Man's Orchestra would sound so lame, "instrumental" puts a little extra to it

Ninty Man
01-02-2007, 10:27 PM
well, yes but Ninty Man's Orchestra would sound so lame, "instrumental" puts a little extra to it

??? :rolleyes:

well... I just know that one guitarist don't have an electric guitar

DexterWannabe
01-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Ninty Man's Experience

Ninty Man
01-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Ninty Man's Experience

I'm not Hendrix XD

The Pachecos Locos

Endymion
01-03-2007, 11:32 PM
how about "A Waste of Your Time"?

XYlophonetreeZ
01-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Even though I don't currently have a band, sometimes when my friends and I are drunk we come up with stupid band names that mean absolutely nothing because it's fun. My current favorite is "ShankFactor." It's funny, and yet I have no earthly idea why.

Ninty Man
01-05-2007, 08:48 PM
how about "A Waste of Your Time"?

It would work XD

I think that maybe TRUPUNXXORS OF NU METAL will sound cool... even it has no sense

Iamstupid
01-07-2007, 08:34 AM

Unsoul Bastards
Chilango's Punkers
Hell's Monks
Manic Subsidial XD
The Rodriguex

I think you have to find your band's name alone, you have to make your way alone, have to found your style not on website (not totally alone but you understand me ?)

I think La prole (offspring in spanish I know) is a really bad idea. Maybe in one month you won't enjoy the offspring like today. And if you name your band La prole, take the offspring's songs, the lyrics, wear sunglasses, have blond hair and blue eyes :cool: ...oups you're a drummer, no ? So have black hair, tattos like Atom (take his name too) or like Ron it's as you want :)
I joke but really NOT La prole ^^ (and not Manic Subsidial too, anything about the offspring or an other band)
But you have to do what you want and if you take La prole it's your life not mine:)

[I hope you were joking when you've told La prole]

I like Hell's monks !!! It's cool

Ninty Man
01-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I think you have to find your band's name alone, you have to make your way alone, have to found your style not on website (not totally alone but you understand me ?)

I think La prole (offspring in spanish I know) is a really bad idea. Maybe in one month you won't enjoy the offspring like today. And if you name your band La prole, take the offspring's songs, the lyrics, wear sunglasses, have blond hair and blue eyes :cool: ...oups you're a drummer, no ? So have black hair, tattos like Atom (take his name too) or like Ron it's as you want :)
I joke but really NOT La prole ^^ (and not Manic Subsidial too, anything about the offspring or an other band)
But you have to do what you want and if you take La prole it's your life not mine:)

[I hope you were joking when you've told La prole]

I like Hell's monks !!! It's cool

I wasn't joking, but the guys and I will tell new names soon... anyway, I don't think that we'l be called AFI XD

Jojan
01-08-2007, 01:21 AM
In "Manic Subsidial XD", what does XD stand for?

Iamstupid
01-08-2007, 08:34 AM
The XD is not in the name this is just a smilie the X = the eyes and the D= the mouth

Ninty Man
01-08-2007, 01:05 PM
The XD is not in the name this is just a smilie the X = the eyes and the D= the mouth

Yep... exactly.
Maybe Chilanga Banda XD

Unnatural Disaster
01-08-2007, 01:24 PM
You said Chilango's Punkers, but I think it would sound better as just Chilango.

Ninty Man
01-11-2007, 11:01 AM
You said Chilango's Punkers, but I think it would sound better as just Chilango.

But... chilango it's how we say people who lives in Mexico city

H1T_That
01-11-2007, 11:57 AM
'Waste of your time' is the best suggestion so far.

Here's an idea for your debut album: The Story the Spic-rockers'

1.'None of our band members play instruments'

2.'A random made our name up'

3.'we actually are a waste of time'

4.'check out our myspace + add us to your friends list'

5.'we'll never do a gig'

6.'Inter-racial (The intermission)'

7.'we can't afford instruments, because we're mexican'

8.'Handle-bar moustaches for the win'

9.'Immigration song (fuck you USA)'

10.'The ballad of Ninty Man'

11.'Ninty Man's 3 second drum solo'

12.'We've never done a days work in our lives'

13.'Deportation (Outro)

Vera
01-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure why I'm letting this thread live. The conversation's not exactly constructive and this is becoming another one of those "Hey guys figure out a name for my band because I'm too uncreative for one myself!".

[insert usual babble about that if you're not creative enough to come up with a name for your band, you're not creative enough to be making music in the first place]

Random band name suggestions go here: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20536

If you have a name for Ninty's band you need to desperately let him know of, PM him.

If you feel I'm too harsh with this closing, PM me.

With all that said, CLOSED.