PDA

View Full Version : Podcasts.

Jakebert
11-29-2006, 05:03 AM
I was just curious, how many of you download any podcasts? If so, which ones? The only ones I download on a regular basis are Le Show with Harry Shearer, and Hi My Name Is Mark (Hoppus). The second one is surprisngly good, he's a funny guy even though his taste in music blows.

Lars
11-29-2006, 05:43 AM
I used to download a few but since I never listened to most I stopped. Just download the Radio Goethe (http://www.radiogoethe.org/) podcast which is usually just once a week.

Jakebert
11-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah, that's my biggest problem. I don't do daily ones anymore because I'd always get far behind in listening to them. The 2 I download now are once a week (Le Show) or once every 2 weeks (Mark).

Vera
01-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Bumpity fuckin' bump.

Everybody should listen to Cort & Fatboy. It's hilarious & geeklicious.

I also subscribe to some Finnish national radio educational stuff and this one idiotic Finnish radio morning show just to hear how people get paid for being fucking stupid.

More recs welcome. :D

wheelchairman
01-14-2008, 04:04 PM
I listen to some British one that has another stand up comedian every week. It's hit or miss, but usually hit.

Then I usually get BBC Documentary Archive.

Also The Onion Radio News and the Onion News Network ones.

Jakebert
01-14-2008, 04:16 PM
I have a lot on my iPod right now. Aside from the two I mentioned above, I now have Meet the Press, IndieFeed, and G4's Around the Net.

I reccommend IndieFeed to anyone that likes music. It's a song a day from mostly obscure bands.

coke_a_holic
01-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I used to get the Onion Radio News, Onion News Network, IndieFeed, and some NPR: All Songs Considered.

I never listened to any of them. I would watch and listen to The Onion on the website, instead.

Nowadays, I've downloaded a few podcasts from NPR's live recordings of concerts (generally indie rock groups playing in Washington DC, so I get to listen to all the bands I missed or sold out before I could get a ticket).

wheelchairman
01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Also I commute to work and university, so I have ample opportunity to hear the podcasts. You people need to waste your time traveling more.

(Or you need to start time traveling).

HornyPope
01-14-2008, 09:29 PM
I don't even have an ipod anymore.

Little_Miss_1565
01-14-2008, 11:52 PM
I do the Tripwire, Dan Savage, IndieFeed (though I never end up listening to it). Mute Records has one as well.

Autonomist
01-14-2008, 11:55 PM
I downloaded Regflections. You all should've too.

Little_Miss_1565
01-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Digital Debris has a great one about Satan.

Vera
01-15-2008, 02:55 AM
Per, name of the British comedian one? Sounds like something I'd enjoy...

wheelchairman
01-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Per, name of the British comedian one? Sounds like something I'd enjoy...

Sorry for the late reply, it's called "Stand Up Comedy (Creation Podcasts)

I found it via the "Comedy" menu on the podcasts section in the itunes store.