PDA

View Full Version : Live chat

Call it an Obsession
11-29-2006, 11:21 AM
I was inspired by what Muse have just done; they let all their fans (or whoever actually knew about it) ask questions and they would answer them in a sort of live chat thing. Questions were asked before, and they were randomly picked.
What i'm getting to here is that i think it would be a great idea if The Offspring were to do something similar. Just because it would be interesting to finally find out some of those questions everybody seems to want to know the answer to. I wouldn't be surprised if they've done it already because they're the kind of band capable of this sort of thing. So, if you had a question you would want to ask, then what would it be? (they, all most 100% certain, won't reply though... but you never know).

Little_Miss_1565
11-29-2006, 11:31 AM
They've done things like that in the past--I think I had a question answered once, even. It'd be interesting to see them do it again.

Sinister
11-29-2006, 11:34 AM
Someone has to ask them what they think of abortions.

Little_Miss_1565
11-29-2006, 11:38 AM
I would shit if they came back with "Needs more salt."

Sinister
11-29-2006, 11:41 AM
I'd probably laugh to the point of late-aborting myself.

0r4ng3
11-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Dear The Offspring,

How do you type with boxing gloves on?

Crapfully yours,
Jesse/0r4ng3

clocks_R_slow
11-29-2006, 12:37 PM
this is a cool thread.:rolleyes: (sarcasm)

Stranger With Candy
11-29-2006, 12:51 PM
whos coolest of Fred Durst and Eminem?:confused:

EMehl6
11-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Deal or no deal?

Tijs
11-29-2006, 02:10 PM
I'd love something like this. Fan questions are usually way better than interviews in magazines, since they all ask the same thing.
And the questions should definitely be random picked, unlike they did with interview Borat, it was the same interview over and over again.

Venom Symbiote
11-29-2006, 02:27 PM
DonotmentionMusehereeveragain,don'tdoitdon'tdoitdo n'tdoit. Evil.

0r4ng3
11-29-2006, 02:31 PM
What? What's wrong with Muse? As someone who started listening to them very recently, I think they're pretty good.

Rag Doll
11-29-2006, 02:33 PM
They've done things like that in the past--I think I had a question answered once, even. It'd be interesting to see them do it again.

yessss. i wonder if anyone still has the transcript of that. Dexter replied to two of my questions.

*ah, memories...*

Venom Symbiote
11-29-2006, 02:43 PM
What? What's wrong with Muse?

EverythingiswrongwithMuse. AndIwillbeforcedtotalklikethiseverytimetheirnameco mesupoutofsheerrage.

Little_Miss_1565
11-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Takeitootherbandsyouattentionwhore.

Llamas
11-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Dear The Offspring,

How do you type with boxing gloves on?

Crapfully yours,
Jesse/0r4ng3

<3 times a billion.

What? What's wrong with Muse? As someone who started listening to them very recently, I think they're pretty good.

Muse is pretty darn good.

and I remember that chat. I was there, but they never got around to any of my questions.

ACYD
11-29-2006, 07:45 PM
I like some of Muse's stuff. It's really different, but it's good for certain, rare, moods.

JohnnyNemesis
11-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Muse is the epitome of average.

"Thoughts of a Dying Atheist", however, is an unbelievably good song. "Time is Running Out" is also good.

But "Thoughts of a Dying Atheist" is like a musical orgasm.

Little_Miss_1565
11-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Good lord. I give a warning to take discussion of whether or not Muse is good to Other Bands, and one of the OB mods shows up to further derail the topic! Fuck you, Ricky. h8 @ u. :mad:

JohnnyNemesis
11-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Ha! I missed your post, my bad. Still. serves you right for trying to dump off shit topics on us! (not this thread...but you did it before somewhere, I forgot) :P

Hypodermic_89
11-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Dear Offspring.

What is your opinion on ketchup? Do you enjoy it? Do you put it on mashed potatoes? Do you call it CATSUP?? Is your ketchup red?

Sincerely, Hypodermic_89

Call it an Obsession
11-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Dear Offspring.

What is your opinion on ketchup? Do you enjoy it? Do you put it on mashed potatoes? Do you call it CATSUP?? Is your ketchup red?

Sincerely, Hypodermic_89

That's the kind of questions i was thinking about :D

ZagmenO
11-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Will "Pass Me By" be a single on the new album!!!???

Llamas
11-30-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm sure the reason they don't do it is because people ask such retarded questions.

WebDudette
11-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Do people really find stuff like this funny? People trying to be random is not funny! Someone saying "Hey look I have a fish." when they are holding a pencil is not fucking funny. Argh!

Oxygene
12-02-2006, 06:10 AM
actually they have done so in the past a number of times.. they did official chats like yahoo and shit, and they would come online in the official chat on offspring.com more often back when the chat was irc based.. but noone would believe them most of the time, people just coulnd't verify it (dexter would come online under the nick real_dexter), and either people told dexter or noodles to fuck off, or they were just way tooo sceptical and annoying, so they stoped coming online. It wasn't that hard tho, if you did a whois, and knew who their internet providor was on tour (they would usually come online whilest on tour, and rarely from home), and the country they were in that day it was pretty simple. (who the fuck would rush home from an offspring show and accidentaly have the same isp and would pretend to be dexter online?) some of those chats were pretty cool and laid back, altho they would only last like 10-30 minutes. Once Dexter came online before he threw a bbq, and left to marinate his stakes...The big officialy organized chats sucked, because the questions were all moderated, and the ones that would've been asked in an interview were put up.. so if you kept sending off stupid regular questions like "when was the band started" and shit like that, then it would be posted. When I figured it out, I sent some question corcening the CO1 artwork and they replied something like "we know who you are, and we know you know" and why would I ask that bla bla bla.. that was actually pretty fun moment for me, but those chats weren't really worth while. But those transcripts can still be found online if you do a search on yahoo and google... and I think even some of the real offspring.com real_dexter chats have been logged and can be found some places... infact I think I have some stuff like that archived if anyones interested...

Little_Miss_1565
12-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Hahaha, fucking christ, that WAS him? The scepticism wouldnt' have been a problem if it wasn't for the 50 other assholes a day who would pretend to be someone in the band in that chat room. Web Dude's name showed in in green thought so you would know that it was really someone official, I wonder why Dexter's or Noodles' didn't as well. I remember the green name from when Web Dude used to ask me for n00dz when I was underage. Perv.

Speaking of which, how in fuck did that chat room end up being nothing but perverts trying to pick up little girls?

Oxygene
12-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Did you send him any n00dz? :D If so feel free to post them on the bbs =) But seriously did webdude do that shit? That sounds strange... and sick! hehe...
Anyway... yeah it was dexter sometimes, but that was before the CO1 chat.. I think maybe I saw him in there a dozen times.. noodles not as much, but still like 8-10 times. I think in the CO1 chat I saw dexter once perhaps.. I'm not sure, but I stopped going there because of all the pervs, and noone talked about offspring in there anymore. I do think there should be an official IRC room with ops and shit, that way the band could come online sometimes, and we wouldn't have to worry about retards :)
It's nice to see you still around btw =) Always a pleasure.. hehe

0r4ng3
12-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Speaking of which, how in fuck did that chat room end up being nothing but perverts trying to pick up little girls?
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened on these forums. It's slowly on its way there, I think.

Dexter_H
12-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Albacore .

Oxygene
12-02-2006, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened on these forums. It's slowly on its way there, I think.

Well if not that we have a good deal of some of the dumbest racists I've seen in a long while.. so I think it's gonna be an either/or on the perv/racist thing =)

Rag Doll
12-02-2006, 08:16 AM
ah, Web Dude and the underage n00dz...

I definitely remember Dexter & Noodles sometimes being in the co1 chat. not super often, but it did happen from time to time.

Rag Doll
12-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Maria, I definitely remember that. Cause I'd sign in thinking he wasnt there, and a few minutes later he'd PM me and ask for teh n00dz.

Oxygene
12-02-2006, 11:02 AM
I wonder if anyone ever sent n00dz to webdude...

Oxygene
12-02-2006, 11:09 AM
how old were you when he asked you?

Oxygene
12-02-2006, 11:18 AM
woah.. that's just wrong :eek:

Oxygene
12-02-2006, 12:15 PM
You'll be bound? oh baby :cool: anyway, how come you keep changing your avatar? =)

I think he's actually into cycling now or something.. webdude that is..

Oxygene
12-02-2006, 12:25 PM
well show me a bunch and I'll chose one for you :) if you want I'll PM u my email and you can send them over, and I'll tell you which the best one is =) they all look nice btw :o

Little_Miss_1565
12-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Haha. There had to have been someone who caved and sent him n00dz. Otherwise he wouldn't have kept up with it FOR ABOUT A YEAR. lulz.

I was 16. Legal in Indiana, but definitely not in California, though, and still "corruption of a minor."