PDA

View Full Version : More (but less racist) Illegal Alien Banter

noodlesfan
11-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Illegal aliens kill twelve Americans daily.... Please read on.
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53103

Little_Miss_1565
11-30-2006, 07:57 AM
Compared to how many Americans who kill Americans daily?

JohnnyNemesis
11-30-2006, 08:44 AM

Game. Set. Match. Checkmate. Game over.

Fucking die, noodlesfan.

Jebus
11-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Farah began working with Rush Limbaugh on the book See, I Told You So
yup, the guy is definitely part of the douchebag crowd.

Sin Studly
11-30-2006, 11:54 AM

That's 4.2 per 100,000 head of population per year, according to the 1998-2000 United Nations survey on national murder rates.

So, with a 2006 estimate of the US population at 300,321,897, that means 12,613 murders per year. Unless my math is wrong, that'll bring us to 35.4 a day. Subtract the 12 who were presumably killed by illegal beaners, and that gives you 23.4. Since we can't add in all the murders done by foreign nationals and the like, we'll be generous and decide all Americans not killed by illegal beaners were killed by Americans. So, according to his article, that's 1/3 illegal beaner, 2/3rds Americans. That doesn't look good.

So, for illegal beaners to be only killing as many people as Americans per capita, that means there needs to be 150 million illegal beaners in the nation. According to the trends recorded by the Centre for Immigration Studies (http://www.cis.org/topics/illegalimmigration.html) there are no more than ten million as of 2006.

Which means illegal beaners are murdering fifteen times more than Americans. We can all agree my sources are sporadic ; I didn't search hard to find up-to-date statistics, but I doubt the demographics have changed radically enough to tilt the numbers enough to make the outcome any different.

Don't get me wrong, I think his article is absolutely full of shit and the claims it makes are utterly wrong, but your comment was hardly a game set and match. It implicitly accepted the claim of 12 murders per day, then invited a comparison ; a comparison which is extremely unfavourable to the people you're supposed to be defending. I expect better from you. And I expect better from JohnnyNemesis for endorsing such crap. Shame on both of you. If that was a checkmate, it's time for you to tip your Kings.

Little_Miss_1565
11-30-2006, 12:04 PM
How about dividing that up by socio-economic class, Justin? The vast majority of illegal immigrants live in poverty in the US. Are not most murders committed by Americans done by the poor and undereducated? Why not turn around and say it's the poor people who are killing everyone? Concentrating on the illegal alien aspect is a red herring for the reall issue.

Sin Studly
11-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Ad hominim. That has absolutely nothing to do with the original claim ; that we should compare the given Illegal Alien murder rate to the American murder rate.

But I'll humour you.

12% of Americans live beneath the national poverty line, according to the CIA World Factbook as of 2004. That's 36 million Americans. If we want to be super generous and assume the 24 daily murders not comitted by illegal aliens are all comitted by Americans living underneath the poverty line, that still makes your Illegal Aliens a damn site more murderous.

So, tip your King?

Little_Miss_1565
11-30-2006, 12:38 PM
You can spin stats any way you want. The average illegal immigrant might be more likely to kill an American than the average poor American, but if you're going to be killed, that same American is still overall more likely to be killed by an American.

Mota Boy
11-30-2006, 12:46 PM
The obvious question is whether or not the statistics are true, as they are obviously gathered by anti-immigration forces. Another interesting question is who they're murdering. Considering that immigrants generally live in homogeneous communities, it's possible that a significant portion of the crimes are carried out against other illegals, though here much has been made out of recent deadly car wrecks with illegals behind the wheel, which would present a more democratic death toll.

But yeah, the main point is that the statistics cannot be trusted. However, until other stats are presented, we can't entirely dismiss them, but rather have to regard them with suspicion. Personally, I find it hard to believe that illegal immigrants, who compromise... what, about six percent of the population if that? Would be responsible for a third of the murders. If it is true, however, such excuses as "they're in poverty" aren't entirely sufficient, one of the problems with it being that illegal immigration continues to depress both wages and the existence of available entry-level jobs by creating a large pool of unskilled workers, which would seem to strengthen the need for closed borders.

Sin Studly
11-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Actually, I can't spin stats any way I want ; I'm shitty at maths. I don't even know what numbers to put into the calculator to get the percentages saying aliens are more murderous than poor americans.

But anyways, that statement you just made is ridiculous. If there are 3 million Chevrolets on the road and 1 million Fords, and Fords are twice as likely to crash ; the average driver is still more likely to crash driving a Chevy. Does that mean Chevys are more dangerous?

Yes, that American is overall twice as likely to be killed by an American than by an illegal. But if he walks past a bunch of illegal hombres, he's fifteen times more likely to be killed by them than if they were Americans.

Comparing the number of Americans killed by Americans to the ones killed by Aliens does not do the aliens any fucking favours. End of story.

HeadAroundU
11-30-2006, 12:49 PM
that still makes your Illegal Aliens a damn site more murderous.
1.8 times more. :D

And I just want to say that your math is right.

Mota Boy
11-30-2006, 12:50 PM
You can spin stats any way you want. The average illegal immigrant might be more likely to kill an American than the average poor American, but if you're going to be killed, that same American is still overall more likely to be killed by an American.
Sarah, with all due respect, that's pretty awful logic. It's not as if the murder rate holds steady annually and only the percentage of certain groups involve change. Added murder rates from illegal immigrants would represent new people murdered that otherwise wouldn't be. So the choice isn't "get murdered by an American or an illegal immigrant" but "get murdered by an illegal immigrant or continue to live."

The main point here is that we're getting these numbers from biased sources.

Sin Studly
11-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks, what's the formula again? I learned it in school but forgot.

HeadAroundU
11-30-2006, 03:26 PM
awww, you forgot :)

1/3 of 12 613 = 4 204
2/3 of 12 613 = 8 408
36mil / 10mil= 3.6

3.6 x 4 204= 15 134.4

15 134.4 / 8 408 = 1.8 times more killa

wheelchairman
11-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Ad hominim.

In what way?

Sin Studly
11-30-2006, 05:43 PM
I used the wrong logical fallacy. Sue me. I meant straw man.

Concentrating on the illegal alien aspect is a red herring for the reall issue.

By the way, forgive me for asking, but is the real issue late term abortions?

Little_Miss_1565
11-30-2006, 08:18 PM
By the way, forgive me for asking, but is the real issue late term abortions?

Yes. You know me so well.

wheelchairman
12-01-2006, 03:01 AM
I used the wrong logical fallacy. Sue me. I meant straw man.

Yes, you're like the opposite of IdioC. (who knows only one but applies it constantly.)

Sin Studly
12-01-2006, 10:46 AM
None of this changes the fact that beaners are evil.