PDA

View Full Version : Denial, Revisited (My Mix)

jmrproject
12-01-2006, 10:38 AM
A little while ago I created my own version of Denial, Revisited since I like the song a lot. I made it into a more acoustic/orchestral piece. Check it out at my myspace page right here (http://www.myspace.com/jmrproject). Just click on the song "Denial, Revisited (my mix)".

In case you're wondering, I recorded it with a Casio Keyboard, Vocal Mic, Audigy 4 Pro sound card and Adobe Audition 1.5 for software. Feel free to tell me what you think.

Sinister
12-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Great work within the genre.

randman21
12-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Awww.

I don't think this song would be quite successful on any popular charts, but it was very good. 'Twould be perfect for a video game, or something close.

Ha, I could so tell that you were nervous in the beginning, but, then, not so much by the middle of it. Maybe my biggest criticism is the middle voice part during the bridge. It doesn't seem to fit quite as well as everything else. Still, quite nice.

Tijs
12-01-2006, 11:52 AM
I really liked it. Great work, seriously.

mrconeman
12-01-2006, 12:14 PM
I really enjoyed that, it just had a great 'nice' atmosphere too it, good work bud.
Vocal harmonies were cool.

Corpse
12-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Dude. This is seriously good. You should consider doing some other stuff. This is brilliant.

T-6005
12-01-2006, 02:46 PM
I liked it. I always thought the song should have been a little more like this. The part you substitute for the octaves in the song is probably the weakest part of the song.

There are a few parts I personally found slightly iffy, but overall - great work. I'm impressed - it's a great cover.

el_monkey
12-05-2006, 01:06 PM
nice! your voice matches almost perfectly to the mood/tone of the song.
think it would be nice when the part with the two voices would be sung from one man and one woman.

randman21
12-06-2006, 08:26 AM
nice! your voice matches almost perfectly to the mood/tone of the song.
think it would be nice when the part with the two voices would be sung from one man and one woman.

Very good idea. I can hear it now...

neocon58
12-07-2006, 04:38 AM
Thanks man, that was good.

I forgot how fuckin good that song was.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Wow. I always really liked that song, and thought it was underrated. The one thing that used to bother me was that Dexter's voice was too blaring during the chorus... I honestly think that this style and atmosphere is MUCH more suiting for this song. Well done!!