PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Splinter Logo

The Noose
12-01-2006, 04:57 PM
I know their logo is the flaming skull, but what about the other? I believe it shows a man standing on a cliff facing the moon with his chest out. Can I have a rather large picture of that if anyone has one? I can't seem to find it.

Amiralanal
12-01-2006, 05:00 PM
its not a logo. their official logo is the flaming skull. the guy on the cliff is just some random fag

The Noose
12-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Hahahaha, I thought it was cool. But anyway, know where I can find a wallpaper?

Llamas
12-01-2006, 05:16 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/llamaoffspring/ScannedImage-3.jpg?t=1165018575

does that help?

DeAtHsTaR
12-01-2006, 05:29 PM
its not a logo. their official logo is the flaming skull. the guy on the cliff is just some random fag

I'm pretty sure it's either Dexter or Higgins.

Llamas
12-01-2006, 05:35 PM

the skull is not an official logo. They barely used it on splinter or GH. It was really just the co1 cover design.

JohnnyNemesis
12-01-2006, 05:37 PM
The flaming skull is their official logo. They use it on about a bajillion items of merchandise.

Amiralanal
12-01-2006, 05:50 PM
the skull is not an official logo. They barely used it on splinter or GH. It was really just the co1 cover design.

i believe that the flaming skull was on the GH cover. The flaming skull was on the splinter cover aswell, though not very large. It also represents the O in offspring. if you look up an inch or two, you will notice that the flaming skulle is in the logo.

Llamas
12-01-2006, 05:53 PM
i believe that the flaming skull was on the GH cover. The flaming skull was on the splinter cover aswell, though not very large. It also represents the O in offspring. if you look up an inch or two, you will notice that the flaming skulle is in the logo.

They barely used it on splinter or GH.

read much?

Emily_offspring_fan
12-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Using a logo on the front it's not "barely used". It's the front !

Llamas
12-01-2006, 05:57 PM
umm. If you look at co1, the first thing you see is probably the logo. You have to search the cover of splinter to find it.

malibu43
12-01-2006, 05:58 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/llamaoffspring/ScannedImage-3.jpg?t=1165018575

does that help?

That little man has quite the huge erection!

Amiralanal
12-01-2006, 05:58 PM
read much?

you dont know shit. fuck off

Llamas
12-01-2006, 06:04 PM
uh oh, the fat retarded swede is mad.

Amiralanal
12-01-2006, 06:19 PM
uh oh, the fat retarded swede is mad.

i may be fat, and i may be a swede, but im neither mad or retarded

rlplaymaker
12-01-2006, 06:23 PM

you fucking idiot, look at the top of this page, all the way up. yeah, thats right, its the flaming skull in the "o" of the Offspring. And its also featured on the main page. idiot

Amiralanal
12-01-2006, 06:24 PM
you fucking idiot, look at the top of this page, all the way up. yeah, thats right, its the flaming skull in the "o" of the Offspring. And its also featured on the main page. idiot

thank you.

Venom Symbiote
12-02-2006, 12:17 AM
They really need to ditch that damn "xtreeeeme" flame-skull logo.

Never have they previously recycled album artwork. I hated when they put the fucking skull on the Splinter cover, and the Greatest Hits cover as a whole was just total shit. A black background with that god-forsaken travesty of a logo.

It was actually kind of cool for Co1. That cartoony art style seemed to fit the feel of the album somehow.

But they should have let it be, not turn it into some band trademark shit.

It's lame, let's see something fresh.

Seriously one of the major issues I've had with the band in recent years. Get the FUCK rid of your shitty Alan Forbes skull. It was cool the first time, you fucked up by using it with Splinter, fucked up AGAIN even more majorly by putting it on your Greatest Hits record like it was somehow representative of the 20 years of the band when it was fucking only designed in 2000, and titty titty goomba and red licorice.

Go. Go skull go. Away. Somewhere else. I'm sick of you.

Anyone wearing one of the t-shirts with that thing on it should be ashamed.

Llamas
12-02-2006, 12:25 AM
like it was somehow representative of the 20 years of the band when it was fucking only designed in 2000

This is why it's not their official logo. They just decided to keep recycling a rather unexciting photo that worked on co1, and got really old very quickly.

It's fine if you got a co1 shirt when the album came out. Then the skull is forgivable. However, it's not that cool of a symbol, and is a poor representation of the offspring.

Venom Symbiote
12-02-2006, 12:33 AM
It is their official logo for the O'Brien era. Get over it.

It sucks, but it's true.

Llamas
12-02-2006, 12:38 AM
I think people here are using a much relaxed and false definition of official.

Little_Miss_1565
12-02-2006, 01:18 AM
Whether or not it is the representative logo for the entire history of the band, it IS the official logo. Like others have said, look at all the artwork for everything associated with the band since CO1. It's present in one form or another. In a very blatant form in the case of this forum. I would venture it's a safe bet that the official website wouldn't be using anything unofficial.

Amiralanal
12-02-2006, 05:23 AM
word......

Oxygene
12-02-2006, 06:22 AM
I maybe unhip but I love that logo it rocks :) I'm glad they kept it...

Little_Miss_1565
12-02-2006, 08:22 AM
I maybe unhip but I love that logo it rocks :) I'm glad they kept it...

On a side note, welcome back, Oxy. :)

NMHFBD
12-02-2006, 08:51 AM
this skull have become logo after co1 and i think it'll always be and i like it. and by the way i wear a goddamn t-shirt with that skull on it almost everyday i'm so proud of myself.:D

ZagmenO
12-02-2006, 10:49 AM
That little man has quite the huge erection!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! I totally see it now. That is fucked up!!!!

Biggest offspring fan
12-02-2006, 11:37 AM
i may be fat, and i may be a swede, but im neither mad or retarded

Yes you are.. And the man on that cover for splinter is dexter.

The Noose
12-02-2006, 03:47 PM
I actually meant a picture of the logo itself. Not the entire CD.

Venom Symbiote
12-02-2006, 09:49 PM
and by the way i wear a goddamn t-shirt
with that skull on it almost everyday i'm so proud of myself.:D

Oh, you're proud! You're proud! Pride for the worst era of your favourite band, oh, that's just motherfucking dandy! Show your support, Rusky! Yay! Viva la Revolucion'!

I own a grey Conspiracy logo shirt, but I wouldn't fucking wear it these days, almost out of embarassment. Don't associate yourself with that logo, even though Conspiracy is actually a damn good record (much underrated). It's just supporting its use, which should have died out in about 2002.

And what's your definition of "official logo", Llamas? Dexter and Alan Forbes designed it, it's been on three record covers and countless promotional flyers/posters/websites, and they manufacture merchandise of it up the wazoo.

If it's not official then I'm a Jehovah's Witness.

And woah, Oxygene. Haven't seen that guy post in a long time, maybe since the old forums.

Llamas
12-02-2006, 10:08 PM
I guess that any logo the band uses is official. To be official, something has to be approved by "authority", which in the case of the offspring, would be the band. I more or less would claim that it's not any more official than any artwork they use. They just happened to use it more than once. The only time one thing out-officiates another is when it's like "America's official language is English"... because it was voted on and the government decided and announced that English took precident over all other languages in our country.

Venom Symbiote
12-02-2006, 10:21 PM
It's more official as a logo than the other artwork they use. The artwork is album-specific, used on booklets and the occasional t-shirt and such.

Conspiracy's flame-skull logo has become just that - a logo. The Ixnay cover has been on shirts, and the Uncle Sam thing was used a lot for Americana, but I wouldn't classify those as ever being "logos".

The flame-skull being used in the actual text "Offspring" a lot since Splinter has just solidified it. Between 2000-2005, the skull was their very-official calling card. That skull was "Offspring" as soon as you see it. Everyone knew it.

Hopefully they go in a new direction, with the new era signalled by Rock taking over producing duties.

Marco
12-03-2006, 01:31 AM
It's more official as a logo than the other artwork they use. The artwork is album-specific, used on booklets and the occasional t-shirt and such.

Conspiracy's flame-skull logo has become just that - a logo. The Ixnay cover has been on shirts, and the Uncle Sam thing was used a lot for Americana, but I wouldn't classify those as ever being "logos".

The flame-skull being used in the actual text "Offspring" a lot since Splinter has just solidified it. Between 2000-2005, the skull was their very-official calling card. That skull was "Offspring" as soon as you see it. Everyone knew it.

Hopefully they go in a new direction, with the new era signalled by Rock taking over producing duties.
That's so true...but I wouldn't mind if they still used the flaming skull.

Talking about covers and artwork, I think the copyright & stuff belong to the one/s who drew it, not directly the band...

Llamas
12-03-2006, 03:17 AM
Talking about covers and artwork, I think the copyright & stuff belong to the one/s who drew it, not directly the band...
That is true.

Amiralanal
12-03-2006, 03:49 AM
I own a grey Conspiracy logo shirt, but I wouldn't fucking wear it these days, almost out of embarassment.
I have the same one, its too fucking small. My width has increased heavily during the last 5 years

If it's not official then I'm a Jehovah's Witness.

SHAZAM!!!

Kitten
12-03-2006, 04:08 AM
That's so true...but I wouldn't mind if they still used the flaming skull.

It would belong to whoever paid for it.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 04:21 AM
Just because you pay to use something doesn't mean you have the rights to it. You'd have to buy the rights in order to do that, which would be illogical for the offspring to have done.

Marco
12-03-2006, 08:16 AM
Just because you pay to use something doesn't mean you have the rights to it. You'd have to buy the rights in order to do that, which would be illogical for the offspring to have done.
What she said^
You'd pay for the pictures, not for the copyright.

Smoky_Mc_Weed
12-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Using a logo on the front it's not "barely used". It's the front !

agree in that, how can be barely used if it is the front?

EDIT: very late, sorry:D

DeAtHsTaR
12-03-2006, 11:51 AM

It was plastered over the front of GH, tard.

DeAtHsTaR
12-03-2006, 11:53 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! I totally see it now. That is fucked up!!!!

Yeah, I pointed htis out in a thread a few months ago.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 12:25 PM
It was plastered over the front of GH, tard.
someone already pointed out that it was the main design on GH. My bad, I didn't buy it, so I didn't know that. You didn't need to repeat the same thing that's already been said plus be a douche about it, though.

Venom Symbiote
12-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Hey, my douchery should cover the both of us. Heh.

But good to have a supporter.

ACYD
12-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Whether official or not, I feel that the skull is certainly their prime logo. You see it everywhere -- patches, necklaces, belt buckles, guitar picks, on the bass drum in concert, on t-shirts, and any other merchandise you can think of. As mentioned, it's on the site logo and even when it's not by itself they use it to fill the O. The fact that it's been on three consecutive albums, regardless of size, should indicate that it's pretty important.

I tend to look at it as the culmination of the band's fascination with skeletons . . . you had the skeleton on Smash, then all the little Mexican Skeletons on Ixnay, then Americana had that gay cartoony stuff, then they developed the skull, and have kept it in some form ever since. Lots of bands use skeletons and skulls as a symbol, and I like it. You don't even have to include the band name with it, just put that skull on a shirt or a belt buckle and fans see it and know it's Offspring.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 07:28 PM
I won't deny that it's their primary logo. It's definitely their most used and most recognized. That is for sure.