PDA

View Full Version : You may not upload animated images.

igniton/pyro
12-02-2006, 10:41 AM
why cant you have animated avatars annymore?

Biggest offspring fan
12-02-2006, 10:52 AM
WTF you can't strange.

0r4ng3
12-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, we can't do that anymore. It happened in the big update. I guess it's a fair trade-off for multi-quote and those other nifty features.

Sucks though, I was hoping to bring back an old avatar someday, but it's animated.

Edit: You can still have an animated avatar after the update, but you can't change it to animated if it wasn't before.

Sinister
12-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Biggest offspring fan does have an animated avatar

WebDudette
12-02-2006, 11:16 AM
He had it before the patch, you can't make an animated one now.

I believe Or4ng3 made a thread about this long ago.

Jakebert
12-02-2006, 07:17 PM
My guess is that with all of the new stuff we got, something like that slows the board down. Oh well, I'd rather have the new stuff than animated avatars.

igniton/pyro
12-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Mods can still have animated avatars? Joy just got one.

Mannen som blev en gris
12-04-2006, 01:23 PM

:O Apparently, yes. Those damn mods... with their secret forums and animated avatars and wjatnot.

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2006, 02:00 PM
SECRET FORUMS? who...WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THE SECRET FORUMS?!OO#IJJPI #RH

Whoever told you will be CRUCIFIED!!! >UDEFHH DGIIi

erm. not that there is a secret forum or anything.

Tired_Of_You
12-04-2006, 02:02 PM
h8 u mods, h8 u.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Mota Boy
12-04-2006, 05:35 PM
:O Apparently, yes. Those damn mods... with their secret forums and animated avatars and wjatnot.

We also have an unlimited PM box and +5 fire resistance. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

coke_a_holic
12-11-2006, 05:06 PM
The change is the reason I don't have my super awesome Christmas avatar which I spent too much time on.

JohnnyNemesis
12-11-2006, 06:29 PM
We also have an unlimited PM box and +5 fire resistance.

Which is much needed whenever Isa Isa gets mad at me, lolamirite? loluwithmeonthis1?!

JoY
12-18-2006, 07:19 AM

I didn't even know I supposedly normally couldn't have one, if I weren't a mod. this thread just made me figure that out. cool!

it's all for your own good. this forum needs tough love from its moderators.

SECRET FORUMS? who...WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THE SECRET FORUMS?!OO#IJJPI #RH

Whoever told you will be CRUCIFIED!!! >UDEFHH DGIIi

erm. not that there is a secret forum or anything.

bahaha<3

We also have an unlimited PM box and +5 fire resistance. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

awesome! I find out new kick-ass moderator privileges every day.

Which is much needed whenever Isa Isa gets mad at me, lolamirite? loluwithmeonthis1?!

Claibe has had other reasons to use that function in relation to me. *winknudge* as do you, when you ever get near me. hint; it does have to do with raising temperature.

JoY
12-20-2006, 03:11 AM
other people are not?

in the first place we are human (& slightly more & better), THEN we are mods. we're just superior human beings that happen to moderate an Offspring bbs. & yes, as anyone else, we can be total assholes.

juuuust teasing.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Alright, has the message board always resized images when you tried to upload profile pictures or avatars?

Because I wanted to change my profile picture today, and I tried to upload one about 250 by 240, and it worked. I was confused and the same happened with avatars too.

If it was always this way, I always made my avatars 80 by 80 before I tried uploading them.

JohnnyNemesis
01-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Mods are such jerks sometimes. :mad: I'm not saying all mods are.

Your mother is a stupid whore.

Alright, has the message board always resized images when you tried to upload profile pictures or avatars?

Because I wanted to change my profile picture today, and I tried to upload one about 250 by 240, and it worked. I was confused and the same happened with avatars too.

If it was always this way, I always made my avatars 80 by 80 before I tried uploading them.

Whoa, I had no idea...I'm gonna try this when I get home. That's a neat, convenient change.

Lodat225
01-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Everybody's like that. Not only mods.

Killboy
01-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Well, I gotta admit that if I were a mod I'd really be a corrupt mofo and ban everyone I dislike, dammit!!

RickyCrack
01-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Well, I gotta admit that if I were a mod I'd really be a corrupt mofo and ban everyone I dislike, dammit!!

good thing you'll never make it. Actually if you were a mod people would leave out of their own free will cuz this place would've gotten really lame really fast.

JohnnyNemesis
01-12-2007, 07:18 PM
You have made my point. Thanks :)

You're welcome. Thanks to the crippling depression your failed existence has driven your mother to, she no longers has any moral qualms about having sex for money! You've helped ME, so thank you my friend.

Everybody's like that. Not only mods.

Very true.

Yeah, this is why we had a vote instead of having people apply or whatever. To avoid that kind of thing.

Killboy
01-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah, this is why we had a vote instead of having people apply or whatever. To avoid that kind of thing.

Oh, I see... but it's not cool if u can't abuse your power.... oh well...