PDA

View Full Version : True Story

Linda
12-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Here's a story for you all, and it's true.
Big big ooopsy!

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1371808.php

Sin Studly
12-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Hahahaha, great stuff. I miss you posting awesome finds like these, Linda.

Linda
12-02-2006, 01:21 PM
haha If I were him, I wouldn't wake up!

Yes, m'lady, it is lunchtime here, but, alas, I don't know what to eat!

wheelchairman
12-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Totally understandable. The poor guy!

Linda
12-02-2006, 01:39 PM
haha Sounds good if I had someone to make it for me!
Actually, after all that turkey I ate the past week, a
hamburger sounds really good, too!

Linda
12-02-2006, 01:51 PM
but...but...but...if I have a hamburger, I have to have a Dr. Pepper.
And fries!!!!!

Linda
12-02-2006, 02:01 PM
hmmm, a sundae, that's a very good idea! :D

Linda
12-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh OK, no sundae. :(

My hamburger is almost here!

If you want to be an actress, then you should be!

Ttyl, m'lady. Have a great weekend!

0r4ng3
12-02-2006, 02:34 PM
I hate to go off topic here, but did anyone hear about that guy who got attacked by a pit bull in a fire? Yeah, apparently his burned apartment also had drugs 'n' shizzle.

ninthlayer
12-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Once I saw a pitbull on the top level of a parking ramp. Later that night I saw a dead pitbull on one of the mid-levels of the parking ramp.

Sin Studly
12-02-2006, 05:05 PM
I like staffordshire pitbulls. They're cuddly beautiful loving animals, and anybody who says they're vicious is a cunt.

Paint_It_Black
12-02-2006, 05:53 PM
I see Marinda is alive and well.

JoY
12-03-2006, 04:22 AM
was the dog put down? that'd make even worse.

*kisses forefinger & thumb the way the Italians do*

my orchestra director used to do that with a dreamy stare & sparkling eyes, when it was played right, either by us, or in his head. I liked it when he did that, he was usually cranky & bitter.

Linda puts bad, evil thoughts of greasy food in everyone's mind.

JoY
12-03-2006, 04:34 AM
I drank too much last night & though my head feels alright, my stomach is upset. so not too much food for me either, I think I already ate too much this morning.

*wishes you a good morning as well* yeah, he was a grumpy man. most of us in the orchestra were afraid of him. you never knew what to expect from him. one minute he'd compliment you, the next he sent you away, or stormed out himself. it made you appreciate normal politeness, kindness & friendliness more.

JoY
12-03-2006, 07:41 AM
I don't have any food here, except cheese & powder soup (great with boiled water & as easily made as tea). I don't have the time to go out, buy food, or whatever, & the weather doesn't exactly allow it either. it's cold, dark, grey & rainy. I don't have the time, because on tuesday I have a test/exam & I started studying for it too late again, as usual.

as for what it's about; it's focussed on the many diseases you can get, when you're a child. it goes upto the age of 19, or so. some diseases you're more likely to get when you are young, others when you're old. or in case of a pneumonia, they're often caused by different virusses/bacteria, when you get a pneumonia when you're young. it also focusses on how to communicate with children from different ages & cultures, how to take an anamnesis & come to a (differential) diagnosis. not that you need to talk to kids like they are retards, hell no. you just want to give them a feeling they can trust you, a feeling of self-consciousness & control, make yourself understandable & you need to keep in mind in what kind of phase of life they are. adolescents in puberty are the worst. the wit, the attitude of indifference, you know, the tough attitude, their reasoning, the depth of thoughts..

it's pretty interesting & easy to visualise/relate to, if you understand what I mean. not to long ago I was in puberty myself & I remember how difficult I was when going to a doctor then. so basically we need to study youth health care (about the consultation center, vaccinations, what happens from the moment of birth registration, et cetera), children psychiatry, paediatrics/paediatric medicine, immunology, pathology.. they also tossed in some chirurgy though, & that seems rather.. random & out of place. plus, chirurgy doesn't interest me a whole lot. also all percentages, vaccins & different bacteria & virusses are tiring.

Edit: just made some of that soup. mmm, warm, salty, tasty. instantly warms & wakes me up a bit. so, pff, studybooks..? here I come. (I hope)

Linda
12-03-2006, 09:58 PM
was the dog put down? that'd make even worse.

Linda puts bad, evil thoughts of greasy food in everyone's mind.

I don't know if the dog was put down or not, there hasn't been anything else in the paper about it.

That hamburger was damn good!!!!!! YUMMMMMM!!!!! :D

JoY
12-04-2006, 01:16 AM
as long as there's no hostility, you make me smile & shake my head, Linda. =)

let's make a pact; we won't argue. ever. again. I fucking hate arguing with you.

Maria, if you find this interesting, I'd be happy to tell you more about it. it's good for my studying at the same time.
adolescents develop so quickly, most parents can't keep up. adolescents easily feel restricted, because rules inside the family don't adjust to their mental age fast enough. (oh yes, children psychology I read, because that's fun!) they're most of the times not half as confused as their parents are, who shove their confusion down their children's throats & act like it's theirs. it's the perfect way to make your child feel as confused as possible, because mental age & expectencies don't match. also there are several ways to raise a child; authoritative (rational & democratic, warm & loving, giving guidance & instructions, instead of only applying rules, & explaining the use of every rule, except merely punishing a child, when it doesn't follow them), authorative (applying rules from a position of authority, nothing more, nothing less, without creating a very loving & warm surrounding), permissive (creating a warm & loving surrounding, allowing the child more freedom than it can handle/deal with, because it doesn't guide them), indifferent (parents don't create a loving, warm surrounding, or apply too many rules. in most of these cases, parents aren't home a lot, let their kid figure everything out for itself & aren't in control, or wish to be in control).

now you know a tiny little bit of what I'm studying. =) pretty simple, right? at least, this is. also the behavior of the child in effect of different manners of raising it is interesting & muchos logical.

what are your exams about? are you nervous for them, or aren't you the type to get nervous for exams?

Linda
12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
as long as there's no hostility, you make me smile & shake my head, Linda. =)

let's make a pact; we won't argue. ever. again. I fucking hate arguing with you.

OK, Joy, we'll never argue.ever.again! :)