PDA

View Full Version : The Chess Thread

Duskygrin
12-02-2006, 02:48 PM
. .

Marco
12-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Well, chess is a nice game. Slowness is usually useful, and also pretty normal. And it makes your brain think...:rolleyes:
I don't know why, but I usually want to play with the white pieces...it's strange.

Marco
12-02-2006, 02:56 PM
omg racist.
lolz.....but it's even stranger because black is my favourite colour..

Marco
12-02-2006, 02:57 PM
marco from the offspring forum, you playing or not?

no, I'm slow, not because I'm good, but because I'm slow. I'm slow like that. I'm just slow. okay I'll stop broadcoasting it.

just add me to your msn if you wanna play, I'll let you have the whites.

I played a game yesterday, at a party, I won, but we were both tipsy, so it doesn't really count... still twas a nice game. he forfeited if I recall right
Ok then!
lalalla10 characters....

0r4ng3
12-02-2006, 03:02 PM
lolz.....but it's even stranger because black is my favourite colour..
Wow, you sure replied slow. I had already deleted that post.

Anyway, maybe you always want to play as white because white always goes first. Something about "fire before smoke". I think.

Marco
12-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Wow, you sure replied slow. I had already deleted that post.

Anyway, maybe you always want to play as white because white always goes first. Something about "fire before smoke". I think.
...nah, I think it's because it's a brownish kind of black, usually...which I don't like.

Marco
12-02-2006, 03:08 PM
you mean it's yellow as piss
yeah also...but I prefer it to the brown like shit...:p

Marco
12-02-2006, 03:11 PM
they're gonna put on the market the vomit-colour chessmen, for waverers like us
let me know when it's out, 'cause I'll be the first one to buy it!:rolleyes:

Marco
12-02-2006, 03:17 PM
you've good taste. but I'm not your press agency, I think you can find out for yourself when they release the good stuff.
sure...but I also want a snow-white & piano-black colours edition!:cool:

Marco
12-02-2006, 03:28 PM
at home in lyon, at my parents' , we've got this, it's the Gasparov electronic chessboard. I never play it, though, I live in toulouse. But my parents & my bro sometimes use it. It's fun. They always lose against the computer.
unfortunately ,average human beings can't anticipate 20.000 moves before the opponent has even started playing!

Marco
12-02-2006, 03:33 PM
you know nobody can, even geniuses cannot. they play intuitively though. however we do not have the latest version of the game I think, so it's not 20,000 moves ahead, but fewer than that. Also there are levels, hehe, so if you lose on the easiest level you know you'll have to work before thinking of entering the gasparov tournament *ironic*
meh, they should lower the level of difficulty...*dreams of gasparov tournament*:p

Marco
12-02-2006, 03:40 PM
I used to be in love with Gasparov. The mere sound of the name would bring shivers down my spine. And the look in his eyes, oh the smouldering fire in his eyes... that would bring me on my knees.

Now it's okay, I've recovered; he's "just" a chess-icon.

as for tournaments, I won a key-thing (the gadget where you put your keys on) when 8 years old. haha it was a school thing. yay! I played better when a kid apparently. :/

P.s.: apparently all kids have won a tournament of sorts...
late congrats! :D
anyway, I'm still considered a kid,so...

Marco
12-02-2006, 03:49 PM
awwww right. well, no, you're an adolescent. to me, a kid is up to 12. After 12 you're a teen, at 18 you're an adult. that's the way it goes in france.

oh & thx. argh!!!!!!!!! the msn game crashed in on me!!!!!!!!!!
that's right...but kid for pwners, know what I mean?

Marco
12-03-2006, 08:05 AM
's a bit harsh that the game crashed in on me. but I'm still in the mood to play chess, so just go along should you stumble on this thread. it's frustrating we couldn't play the last one to a satisfying end!!!! don't you think? well, I'm not losing sleep over it, but I'd rather it'd have been concluded nicely. as it is, I've no idea as to the possible outcome.

same goes for everyone friendly & nice who wishes to have a game of chess.
yeah it's true...unfortunately it didn't work for you. But we can always retry, baby.
Anyway, I'm still waiting for the vomit-coloured chessmen, they haven't come out.XD

Marco
12-03-2006, 09:31 AM
okay I'm ready in like, 5 minutes.
I'm online NOW!

Marco
12-03-2006, 10:38 AM
My connection's fucked up

Marco
12-17-2006, 10:05 AM
marco coco, I'll be on for a game this afternoon, as promised yesterday. Well, later in the afternoon is what I mean.
Alrighty right then

Marco
12-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Marco cocooooooo! Well, remember how I told you I'd be on on Friday aft for a game? Turned out it I could even be on on Thursday aft, given my only exam on Friday is Law, & I've revised that 10 times over, so I prob shall give it a break on Thursday & log on msn to play chess instead. Capisce? Now of course, if you're not available on Thursday, we'll make it Friday then. After Friday = no more internet for me, so it's Friday or never. How about never? Just kidding.

Apart from that. Is your gigue coming along smoothly my boy? I really really must get back on piano soon, because of exams I was obliged to leave it off, & it's paining me, a lot.

Biz coco, see ya.
Well, it's beginning to get a shape.... Let's make it friday...mumble mumble...after 5 or 6 o clock? I'm going to the cinema before....

Marco
12-20-2006, 11:45 AM
All right. *brings abundant sacrifices to the temple of the Internet Connection*

Paint_It_Black
12-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I read the title as The Cheese Thread.

So, I like cheddar.

0r4ng3
12-20-2006, 05:26 PM
I like Swiss cheese, because it's the only cheese you can identify only by looking at it. Through a black and white picture, even.

Hey look, there's holes in it! It's Swiss cheese!

Yeah.