PDA

View Full Version : Sooo, in places that aren't California..

calichix
12-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Do you guys have Choco Tacos, or what?

Rag Doll
12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
those chocolate ice cream things? i know we definitely did at one point. i would imagine they're still around.

JohnnyNemesis
12-03-2006, 09:20 PM
They're a nationwide thing, baby.

calichix
oh, thank god. they're one cool taco.

Llamas
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs they sell them at taco bell, even. Hella amazing. And I barely ever eat/like sweet food/ice cream.

WebDudette
12-03-2006, 09:21 PM
I adore choco tacos.

For those who don't know:http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/SystemSloth/CHOCOTACO.gif

Llamas
12-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I hate you for posting that because I so totally want one now.

WebDudette
12-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Argh, me too. Best ice cream ever.

All About Eve
12-03-2006, 09:26 PM
I haven't had one of those in forever. Where do they sell them? No Taco Bells here do.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 09:27 PM
grocery store?

Little_Miss_1565
12-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Choco Tacos at Taco Bell?!

Dammit. Now not only am I seriously jealous, but I want both a Choco Taco AND a 7-layer Crunchwrap. Mr. Softee, where are you now?

All About Eve
12-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Crunchwraps have too much tomato.

WebDudette
12-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Alot of convenient stores around here have them. So do some Mexican restaurants and of course the ice cream man.

Little_Miss_1565
12-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Crunchwraps have too much tomato.

The 7-layer ones? My last one totally didn't.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 09:34 PM
No. Way. I want one now. Damn this thread to hell.

Camilamazed
12-03-2006, 09:34 PM
I hate you for posting a picture of something I CANNOT have.

:mad:

All About Eve
12-03-2006, 09:35 PM
The 7-layer ones? My last one totally didn't.
Dunno, I've only had the supreme and assumed that was the only kind.

Cheesey Gordita Crunches need to not go away after only being out a month each time.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 09:38 PM
TB always excels in their random temporary items. And then they get rid of them. The 7 layer nachos are amazing. But they never have them.

calichix
12-03-2006, 09:49 PM
If there is any more mention of Taco Bell in this thread, it's gonna be a blood bath. That is not food. White people Mexican food is the bane of my existence.

WebDudette
12-03-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm not sure how much 'traditional' mexican food you can get where they live.

Mota Boy
12-03-2006, 09:53 PM
I bet Mexican hipsters would be totally down with the white people Mexican food. When I was in Argentina, my friends and I were all over the brown people American food.

calichix
12-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Then they shouldn't attempt it at all, because it insults me. I don't go around eating stromboli. Californian Italian food is an abomination.

sKratch
12-03-2006, 09:54 PM
1) Choco Tacos are amazing
2) Real Mexican food is delicious
3) Taco Bell is still OK, if you take it for what it is

JohnnyNemesis
12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
1) Choco Tacos are amazing
2) Real Mexican food is delicious
3) Taco Bell is still OK, if you take it for what it is

These three points are the very height of truth <3

calichix
No it's not, Stefawn. It's not okay.

Little_Miss_1565
I'm not sure how much 'traditional' mexican food you can get where they live.

There's a fuck-ton of 'traditional' EVERYWHERE food in NYC. I had some fucking amazing fried plantains out at dinner the other night. But sometimes, you just want to eat some crap, and as much crap as you can possibly get for 5 bucks. This is the function of Taco Bell.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
If there is any more mention of Taco Bell in this thread, it's gonna be a blood bath. That is not food. White people Mexican food is the bane of my existence.

Umm, I live in Minnesota. If I want real Mexican food, I have to go to the ghetto areas and almost get shot. I've only had real mexican food when I was in El Paso. Of course TB isn't mexican food. I don't think of it as Mexican at all. But I still like it.

JohnnyNemesis
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
I had some fucking amazing fried plantains out at dinner the other night.

I'd bet all the money in the world that you'd have better plantains at my place then anywhere in the world, GUARANTEED. They're the ultimate staple of the Dominican diet, to the point where, aside from baseball, it's the most stereotyped aspect of Dominican life...so you can imagine how well my Momma cooks 'em.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I'd bet all the money in the world that you'd have better plantains at my place then anywhere in the world, GUARANTEED. They're the ultimate staple of the Dominican diet, to the point where, aside from baseball, it's the most stereotyped aspect of Dominican life...so you can imagine how well my Momma cooks 'em.

yeah but it's scientific fact that blacks can't cook. :-x

WebDudette
12-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Duh, I forgot you lived in NY. I ment more so Minnesota and where ever in the south(?) AAE lives.

Camilamazed
12-03-2006, 09:59 PM
You're all bad =|

All About Eve
12-03-2006, 09:59 PM
I heard that Taco Bell's beef is actually Soy.

Little_Miss_1565
12-03-2006, 10:01 PM
I'd bet all the money in the world that you'd have better plantains at my place then anywhere in the world, GUARANTEED.

Well, you know what THAT means. Fix my dinner, bitch!

JohnnyNemesis
yeah but it's scientific fact that blacks can't cook. :-x

Actually, white American food is highly regarded as the most boring, bland food imaginable, prolly cause white people don't got no gotdamn culture (zomg realityburn!), so go to teh hell!

Well, you know what THAT means. Fix my dinner, bitch!

Anytime, anywhere, provided I'm not working on a bajillion papers and exams and shit at once. But word, forserious!

calichix
Dude, everyone's gotta go to the hood to get a primo burrito. Don't be such a puss.

oh. my. god. BLACKS CAN'T COOK?! Dude. Have you *had* gumbo? Reeee-tard.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Actually, white American food is highly regarded as the most boring, bland food imaginable, prolly cause white people don't got no gotdamn culture (zomg realityburn!), so go to teh hell!
I dunno about the most boring, bland food imaginable. What about white British food?

JohnnyNemesis
12-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I was gonna get into the whole thing about how everyone knows that blacks cook the best food, but I didn't wanna take an innocent joke too seriously. Realityburns are more fun/up my alley!

I dunno about the most boring, bland food imaginable. What about white British food?

I stand corrected and hereby relegate white Americans to second place in that list.

Little_Miss_1565
12-03-2006, 10:05 PM

It's not. I've been vegetarian for five years, I know fake meat on sight, smell, and taste, and that's still real meat. Processed to shit, but still meat.

Anytime, anywhere, provided I'm not working on a bajillion papers and exams and shit at once. But word, forserious!

Then fucking get done with school so I can have some food!

Yeah, I was gonna get into the whole thing about how everyone knows that blacks cook the best food, but I didn't wanna take an innocent joke too seriously. Realityburns are more fun/up my alley!

Oh soul food, why are you made entirely from meat and meat byproducts...siiigh.

calichix
12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
oh was there a sarcastian mark at the end of blacks can't cook? was that like, "blacks sure can cook!"? HMMM.

sKratch
12-03-2006, 10:08 PM
No it's not, Stefawn. It's not okay.
:(

There's a fuck-ton of 'traditional' EVERYWHERE food in NYC. I had some fucking amazing fried plantains out at dinner the other night. But sometimes, you just want to eat some crap, and as much crap as you can possibly get for 5 bucks. This is the function of Taco Bell.
:)

These three points are the very height of truth <3

:D

omg smilies!

PS-
rickystephansarahsex, coming to a winter break near new york city

Llamas
12-03-2006, 10:09 PM
You're all bad =|

huh?

actually it's beef, but it's one grade above dog food.

lol i noz. I don't even know what american food is. Do we have any food that's actually our own?

Dude, everyone's gotta go to the hood to get a primo burrito. Don't be such a puss.
Erm, how? Walk? No thanks. It's like a half hour walk. And the bus takes an hour and a half to get there due to transfers. Besides, I've had real mexican food, and it's good, but it's not worth that effort to me.

oh. my. god. BLACKS CAN'T COOK?! Dude. Have you *had* gumbo? Reeee-tard.

umm, holy I was joking?

Little_Miss_1565
12-03-2006, 10:10 PM
PS-
rickystephansarahsex, coming to a winter break near new york city

I have a queen bed! We'd all fit!

sKratch
12-03-2006, 10:11 PM
riquito's penis would totally have to sleep on the floor or in both of us though...

JohnnyNemesis
12-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I have a queen bed! We'd all fit!

Nuh uh. A queen bed would only fit you, him, and about 2/3 of my penis. :(

EDIT: Holy shit I was beaten to my own penis joke!

Oh soul food, why are you made entirely from meat and meat byproducts...siiigh.

Word, I need to live up my carnivorous life to the fullest and enjoy this stuff. But you can still get down on some greens and pie and ish, right?

Camilamazed
12-03-2006, 10:14 PM
huh?

This thread makes me want things I cannot have =\

Little_Miss_1565
12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Word, I need to live up my carnivorous life to the fullest and enjoy this stuff. But you can still get down on some greens and pie and ish, right?

Lulz at Stefan and Ricky making the same Ricky's penis joke.

Greens are cooked in chicken stock, and most soul foody pies made from scratch have tons of lard in the crust. So, no.

JohnnyNemesis
12-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Shit, you're totally right. I'm all ignorant omnivore and shit and overlooked that. Oh well, there's still tons of yum out there for you.

T-6005
12-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I've never been to Taco Bell. There's a Taco Bell/KFC on campus, but I've never bought anything off the Taco Bell menu.

Of course, most of the fast-food outlets on campus are the worst examples of those companies to be found almost anywhere. Which is saying a lot.

calichix
12-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Collard greens, corn bread, and mashed potatos. VERY soulful.

DeAtHsTaR
12-03-2006, 10:25 PM
AHH I love those!!! I haven't had one in ages though.

JohnnyNemesis
12-03-2006, 10:25 PM
FUCK, I love cornbread and cornmuffins and all that shit. It's just so fucking good. And mashy tatoes? HOLLER.

ninthlayer
12-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Greens, cornbread, and cheesecake (aka: Juniors 2k6).

T-6005
12-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Mashed potatos are a food I can enjoy both made the real way and from a box. Particularly from a brand-name I was trying to remember, got confused about, seemed to recall being a laundry detergent, and then eventually realized was a type of cereal. My memory apparently failing me so much, I'm not going to bother to really try and remember - who knows what toxins I might recommend to the populace.

calichix
12-03-2006, 10:30 PM
instant mashed potatoes are where it's at, dude. unless they've got that long-life cheese in them. guhross.

ninthlayer
12-03-2006, 10:32 PM
who knows what toxins I might recommend to the populace.
AIDS dick.

instant mashed potatoes are where it's at, dude.
Herb and butter instant mashed potatoes are like descended from heaven and shiz.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 10:33 PM
instant mashed potatoes are where it's at, dude. unless they've got that long-life cheese in them. guhross.

ewww... so taco bell isn't food, but instant potatos are where it's at? wtf. Instant potatos taste like paste. Only real mashed potatos are worth my time...

T-6005
12-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Never been a fan of that either. But I always found the moment where you've added everything and start stirring around in the pot and all of a sudden there's a pot full of FLUFFY PERFECT fucking mashed potatos calling your name.

calichix
12-03-2006, 10:35 PM
mmmmhmmm!!! you know what else is the bomb? those instant oatmeal packets with the fun factoids.

WebDudette
12-03-2006, 10:35 PM
I love love love mashed potatoes.

T-6005
12-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Oatmeal is uncool unless it's more brown sugar than tasteless breakfast food. But facts on boxes can't possibly ever be a wrong move.

Llamas
12-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Flavored oatmeal rocks. I love the strawberries and cream kind the best.

ninthlayer
12-03-2006, 10:43 PM
ewww... so taco bell isn't food, but instant potatos are where it's at? wtf.
It's true, Taco Bell is full of gross. I used to snag soft tacos all the time when I worked at the mall, but after doing that business for a few weeks I got tired of my digestive system constantly being pissed at me. Instant potatoes, on the other hand, can be eaten by the box and no part of Sean gets fucked in the process.

I hate this thread, because now I want cornbread and Choco Tacos but only have V8 Splash and Boston Market frozen dinner.

ps: What the fag llamas? I'm at work and on AIM and need fall back friends.

Rag Doll
12-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Herb and butter instant mashed potatoes are like descended from heaven and shiz.

yeah 4srs. that stuff is pretty awesome.

calichix
12-03-2006, 10:52 PM
strawberries and cream is the single greatest oatmeal of all time!!!

Llamas
12-03-2006, 10:53 PM
ps: What the fag llamas? I'm at work and on AIM and need fall back friends.

all I am to you is a fall back? bitch. anyway, I was talking to about you losing your laundry detergent. and then you stopped talking. or I stopped talking. So whatevs.

T-6005
12-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Nothing wrong with being a fallback.

That's what I always tell myself.

ninthlayer
12-03-2006, 11:09 PM
I usually only talk to people on AIM when I'm at work and generally tell people that IM me when I'm at home to get on vent or call me because I'm too busy slaying dragonzzzzzzz in the RL world of AZEROTH. kekekekekekekkekekekekekeke

Fags.

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Nothing wrong with being a fallback.

That's what I always tell myself.

Being a fallback is only okay when it comes to sexin'.

JoY
12-04-2006, 12:27 AM
where the Bellas live, it's more two waffels with ice between them & chocolate covering one side.

Mota Boy
12-04-2006, 03:59 AM
All those who say that "instant" mashed potatoes are anything other than an abomination are insane to the membrane.

And who says soul food is entirely composed of meat? My vegetarian friend took me out for barbecue a while back just 'cause she loves the sides (though it's a bit harder to make a meal in some joints if you turn down vegetables cooked with bacon in beef broth)... and do you eat fish, Sarah? If you're a pescatarian I could ply you with food that would knock your socks clean through your shoes.

JoY
12-04-2006, 04:30 AM
what the.. instant mashed potatoes fucking rule! that's it, next time you're here, I'll make you instant mashed potatoes & you're gonna EAT it. dude, the trouble & time it saves.. mashed potatoes is one of those things that takes some serious time to make. wouldn't you love it, if you wanted a relatively quick, easy meal to have mashed potatoes within ten minutes? sure, the charm of making it is gone & sure, you don't have those actual lumps of potato in it, but it tastes just FINE.

d'you know what's nasty? the mac & cheese we talked about in that topic. I made it the other day & it's fucking disgusting. it's tasteless pasta with some kind of tasteless sauce & my boyfriend & I had to add a shitload of salt & ketchup & in effect we tasted nothing but salt & ketchup. it fucking SUCKS.

whatever you say about any food, you guys invented McDonalds, Burger King AND Kentucky Fried Chicken. *sticks out tongue*

sKratch
12-04-2006, 05:10 AM
mac and cheese is so easy to make from scratch...

Nina
12-04-2006, 08:13 AM

Yes. I noticed that the other day. Even German food is better, and I hate German food ;(

oh man I like British food. I dont love it but it's very acceptable. One week in Scotland proved that to me.

instant mashed potatoes are where it's at, dude.

ewww nnnoooooooo. Anything instant gives me cramps, and I mean that literally.

JoY
12-04-2006, 08:19 AM
mac and cheese is so easy to make from scratch...

well, duh. I just got a box of "original American Mac 'n Cheese" at a clothing shop (America Today, yes, you've infiltrated our culture that much). the instant shit, so I thought; hey, let's see what's all that about!

*shudders* never, NEVER again.

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2006, 08:58 AM
All those who say that "instant" mashed potatoes are anything other than an abomination are insane to the membrane.

I'm in 100% agreement. Y'all need to stop disrespecting your tummies with that shit.

Llamas
12-04-2006, 01:07 PM

This is 100% accurate. Instant mashed potatos taste like paste. They don't taste anything like potatos, they are mostly flavorless, and they smear and stick to the inside of your mouth and seriously feel like you squirted a bottle of glue into your mouth. Ugh. So disgusting.

what the.. instant mashed potatoes fucking rule! that's it, next time you're here, I'll make you instant mashed potatoes & you're gonna EAT it. dude, the trouble & time it saves.. mashed potatoes is one of those things that takes some serious time to make. wouldn't you love it, if you wanted a relatively quick, easy meal to have mashed potatoes within ten minutes? sure, the charm of making it is gone & sure, you don't have those actual lumps of potato in it, but it tastes just FINE.
See, this is false. I used to eat them in school lunches and such, and my mom made them once or twice to see what all the fuss was about. I don't care if it saves me time. I'd rather not eat potatos at all than eat that shit. It doesn't taste fine... it's not just missing lumps of potato. Blech.

d'you know what's nasty? the mac & cheese we talked about in that topic. I made it the other day & it's fucking disgusting. it's tasteless pasta with some kind of tasteless sauce & my boyfriend & I had to add a shitload of salt & ketchup & in effect we tasted nothing but salt & ketchup. it fucking SUCKS.

I always thought the easy mac tasted pretty much the same as normal mac. The only crappy things are that you can't add as much/little milk and butter as you want, it's ultra expensive, and one packet of the instant kind is never enough food. I dunno, otherwise it's pretty much the same to me...

JoY
12-04-2006, 01:28 PM
maybe we have different instant mashed potatoes over here, because seriously, the kinds I know.. taste just fine. I'm pretty damn critical when it comes to food; it needs to be remotely healthy, "fresh" & as natural as possible. but I don't know if you have any idea what Dutch dishes are like, but they require mashed potatoes. every single one of them, well, if it's extremely Dutch. if you want to make something like that, well, I seriously can't be arsed to boil & squish those potatoes myself. I'm a student, girl!

http://www.holland-at-home.nl/images/Maggi-aardappelpuree-dubbelpak.jpg

Tired_Of_You
12-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Wikipedia : In Canada, there are no Taco Bells in the province of Quebec. Priszm Brandz announced in April 2006 that their first Quebec Taco Bell should open in suburban Montreal during the summer with 20 to 30 more to follow across the province.I still haven't seen any Taco Bells yet. :( I want to go there and I don't even know if it's worth it. However, that choco taco is most probably worth it...grr.

sKratch
12-04-2006, 03:59 PM
The Choco Taco has nothing to do with Taco Bell.

0r4ng3
12-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Didn't Taco Bell sell Choco Tacos at one point or another? I know that they don't now, but I think they used to.

JohnnyNemesis
12-04-2006, 04:04 PM
I've only seen them in grocery stores and in vending machines.

Mota Boy
12-04-2006, 05:40 PM
It's listed here (http://www.shapefit.com/tacobell.html).

But anyway, Taco Bell is OK as a late-night dining alternative to Wendy's - gotta love the chicken soft taco at two a.m. - but for a cheap, quick dinner destination, Q'Doba fuckin' annihilates it.

T-6005
12-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Maybe I'm the only one to think that McDonald's is the only one to truly do fast-foods justice.

But it rocks. Nothing will ever replace the Big Mac in terms of fast-food awesome.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-04-2006, 06:13 PM
but for a cheap, quick dinner destination, Q'Doba fuckin' annihilates it.
Fuckin' WORD.

Chicken queso burritos mmmggguuummfrrrmmm

Italia311
12-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Never had one of those before...look tastey...never seen em in Canada...

Llamas
12-04-2006, 07:42 PM
The Choco Taco has nothing to do with Taco Bell.

They sell choco tacos at some taco bells. atleast the ones in my area.

But anyway, Taco Bell is OK as a late-night dining alternative to Wendy's - gotta love the chicken soft taco at two a.m. - but for a cheap, quick dinner destination, Q'Doba fuckin' annihilates it.

Burrito Loco > Chipotle > Qdoba > Baja Sol.

I dunno if BL or BS are national... but I KNOW chipotle is and it makes Qdoba taste like shit.

coke_a_holic
12-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Baja Fresh ftw. I'm not into burritos, so Chipolet isn't really for me, but I love me some quesadilla.

Also: they don't sell choco tacos at any Taco Bells near me. Though I desperately want one now.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Burrito Loco > Chipotle > Qdoba > Baja Sol.

I dunno if BL or BS are national... but I KNOW chipotle is and it makes Qdoba taste like shit.
Everyone always insists on comparing Chipotle and Qdoba and there's really almost no difference between the two. Chipotle has (bad) carnitas, and Qdoba has queso burritos. That's pretty much the only thing unique to either.

sKratch
12-04-2006, 08:25 PM
There's a place around here called Moe's (http://gotomoes.com/) that's fucking amazing for burritos. Reminds me, I haven't been there in a while...

Llamas
12-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Everyone always insists on comparing Chipotle and Qdoba and there's really almost no difference between the two. Chipotle has (bad) carnitas, and Qdoba has queso burritos. That's pretty much the only thing unique to either.

Burrito Loco is way better than either, because they have buffalo chicken, seasoned sour cream, by far the hottest hot sauce, and their peppers and onions are way better.

Chipotle has the best rice of the three. Also, Qdoba's hot sauce is lame and not very good. And at Chipotle you don't have to get chicken or steak if you want peppers and onions instead of beans. And at Chipotle there are more options for types of beans. Chipotle is a little cheaper, too. I know Burrito Loco gives you free chips and salsa with your burrito, too. Chipotle doesn't... and I don't remember if Qdoba does.

Oh! and I forgot that the reason Qdoba's rice sucks so much is because it's that lime rice... sick.

So there are a lot of differences.

DeAtHsTaR
12-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Maybe I'm the only one to think that McDonald's is the only one to truly do fast-foods justice.

It's the most disgusting food in the country.

Llamas
12-04-2006, 09:22 PM

But it rocks. Nothing will ever replace the Big Mac in terms of fast-food awesome.

McDonalds... and Burger King... are both places which make me actually believe Dateline when they claim there are addictive elements in many types of junk food. The studies that show that something in these foods makes our minds react very similarly to how they react to coccaine seem very logical, especially for McDonalds. I just know that I often find myself craving mcdonalds, so I'll go there and get what I want... and as I'm eating it, I know it's gross. You can taste how much damn sugar they use in everything, including the burgers... and I wonder why I craved it. Then I'll crave it again, knowing that it's gross. Messed up.

T-6005
12-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't ever really crave McDonald's. I just like it. Big Macs and Big Mac sauce are fucking awesome.

Mota Boy
12-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Nothing will ever replace the Big Mac in terms of fast-food awesome.
I actually don't think I've ever had a Big Mac.

Fuckin' WORD.
Chicken queso burritos mmmggguuummfrrrmmm
Dude, after my first post, I started writing out my standard burrito order (chicken queso, black beans, corn, tomatoes, lettuce, tomato jalapeño & sour cream) but stopped because I hadn't eaten yet and it started making me too hungry to continue.

Chipotle is what you get when you take Q'Doba and remove significant amounts of awesome. I don't fully understand the attraction. Moe's is pretty good, but I think I've only ordered fajitas when I've been there.

Llamas
12-04-2006, 11:52 PM
Chipotle is what you get when you take Q'Doba and remove significant amounts of awesome. I don't fully understand the attraction. Moe's is pretty good, but I think I've only ordered fajitas when I've been there.

Since I specified what I like more about Chipotle, what exactly do you like more about Qdoba?

PS: It's Qdoba, not Q'Doba. Even their website and store sign says Qdoba.

sKratch
12-04-2006, 11:53 PM
I've never ordered anything but a burrito from Moe's because I didn't see the point.

Nina
12-05-2006, 12:34 AM
fast food / instant anything /frozen food makes me feel sick and gives me cramps. I wondered, is it maybe an allergy to a spice blend? Anyone else have that?

Llamas
12-05-2006, 12:43 AM
It's probably not a spice blend. It's probably a reaction to some sort of really nasty preservatives. You're better off for not being able to eat it... my allergies are to stuff that I really enjoy and are healthy, like wheat and dairy. :(

Nina
12-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Ah right, preservatives. duh. Well, I guess I'll stick to McDonald's salad then ;( (I do like me some nasty tashy food sometimes..)

Llamas
12-05-2006, 12:46 AM
hahahaha. I've been eating like shit lately. I hate that the cheap stuff is the really really unhealthy stuff... today I had two hot pockets, a grilled cheese sandwich, and two hot dogs. :( I miss having money.

Nina
12-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Yeah, that doesnt sound very healthy :/ I agree, the good stuff is insanely expensive. When I'm downtown (shopping, or whatever) I usually just eat a salad and a cheeseburger at McDonald's because it's cheaper than anything else (2€ total) and actually fills me. But I'd love to have a good, healthy and fresh sandwhich everytime...blegh. I hate money.

Llamas
12-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Me, too. I actually applied at Target today for seasonal employment. Target is the only job I've ever had that I truly passionately hated. I think that's a bad sign of how much I need money. :(

calichix
12-05-2006, 02:03 AM
CHIPOTLE? Pshka!!!!!!!!! More like Burrito Exquisito. And I don't think I'd hate Taco Bell so much if they had the decency to sell Choco Tacos.

Mota Boy
12-05-2006, 09:03 AM
PS: It's Qdoba, not Q'Doba. Even their website and store sign says Qdoba.
But that doesn't even make any sense!

Llamas
12-05-2006, 06:29 PM

Of course it doesn't! The people who titled the store are morons! :)

78 Water
12-05-2006, 06:34 PM
I've never been to Taco Bell before. Am I missing something or is it nothing much?

WebDudette
12-05-2006, 06:35 PM
What is this Qdoba place? I don't think I have seen one in Arizona. If it's better then Chipotle I definetly want to check it out.

I've never been to Taco Bell before. Am I missing something or is it nothing much?

It's just mexican fast food with a twist. It's decent for fast food but you aren't missing anything.

Little_Miss_1565
12-05-2006, 06:47 PM

Of course it doesn't! The people who titled the store are morons! :)

It's one of those weird native Mexican words like "Teotihucan" or "chocolatl"

Llamas
12-05-2006, 07:12 PM
What is this Qdoba place? I don't think I have seen one in Arizona. If it's better then Chipotle I definetly want to check it out.

It's just mexican fast food with a twist. It's decent for fast food but you aren't missing anything.

It's not better than chipotle. It's basically the same thing, but chipotle has some better options and flavors. (I hate Qdoba's rice... lime flavored... eww).

And taco bell... with a twist? It's really just very americanized and blanded mexican fast food. it's the best in the fast food world, though, and the healthiest.

All About Eve
12-05-2006, 07:23 PM
There's a place around here called Moe's (http://gotomoes.com/) that's fucking amazing for burritos. Reminds me, I haven't been there in a while...
Welcome to Moe's!

I'll have me a Joey Bag of Donuts, plzkthx.

WebDudette
12-05-2006, 07:35 PM
And taco bell... with a twist? It's really just very americanized and blanded mexican fast food. it's the best in the fast food world, though, and the healthiest.

By twist, I mean the Cheesy Gordita Crunch and the Grillied Stuffed enchilada thing.

calichix
12-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Stop it. Show some respect.

Llamas
12-05-2006, 08:01 PM
By twist, I mean the Cheesy Gordita Crunch and the Grillied Stuffed enchilada thing.

Well, I don't see those as twists... but they are damn good. I LOVE all the varieties of grilled stuft burritos.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Lime rice is good! Don't playa hate on da lime rice!

I like Qdoba because of the queso burritos, and because no two things taste alike. At Chipotle I feel like there's this kind of specific spice, or "Chipotle" flavor that pervades everything that I eat. I can tolerate Chipotle sometimes, comforting myself that I can smother anything I want to in Tabasco sauce, but generally prefer Qdoba. Like I said, I don't think there's that much difference between the two and really just don't fuckin' care that much. What I really don't get is that everyone and their uncle is a militant supporter of Chipotle these days. I can see why people like it, but Jesus H. Christ, sometimes it's like a fuckin' cult. Did Chipotle originate in California? If so, then that explains everything.

See, where I live, Qdoba was here first. Then Chipotle came along just recently. So naturally I have a special attachment to Qdoba. I'm biased.

Llamas
12-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Lime rice is good! Don't playa hate on da lime rice!

I like Qdoba because of the queso burritos, and because no two things taste alike. At Chipotle I feel like there's this kind of specific spice, or "Chipotle" flavor that pervades everything that I eat. I can tolerate Chipotle sometimes, comforting myself that I can smother anything I want to in Tabasco sauce, but generally prefer Qdoba. Like I said, I don't think there's that much difference between the two and really just don't fuckin' care that much. What I really don't get is that everyone and their uncle is a militant supporter of Chipotle these days. I can see why people like it, but Jesus H. Christ, sometimes it's like a fuckin' cult. Did Chipotle originate in California? If so, then that explains everything.

See, where I live, Qdoba was here first. Then Chipotle came along just recently. So naturally I have a special attachment to Qdoba. I'm biased.

Chipotle IS a specific spice. That's what the word "chipotle" is. Burrito Loco still kicks Chipotle's ass, though. Like by a lot.

We still don't have a Qdoba in MPLS, and I'm glad. We have one in my hometown, though, and it was there before the chipotle.

Little_Miss_1565
12-05-2006, 08:22 PM
I've only seen them in grocery stores and in vending machines.

Wait I just saw this...they don't have Mr. Softee in the Brizzonx?!

WebDudette
12-05-2006, 08:25 PM
There is a Chipotle by my school and the manager gives us free stuff all the time. That and I love Chipotle Tabasco.

Llamas
12-05-2006, 08:26 PM
There is a Chipotle by my school and the manager gives us free stuff all the time. That and I love Chipotle Tabasco.

When I worked at domino's, we used to do food trades with chipotle all the time. free burritos = the best thing ever.

well, the best thing about dominos was food trades. chipotle, erbert and gerbert's, ben and jerrys, mcdonalds, sometimes even the neighboring bars would trade, lol.

WebDudette
12-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Haha, awesome.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-05-2006, 11:05 PM
American junk food scares me. The abundance, the choice!

calichix
12-06-2006, 12:42 AM
aw you quoted me. *el blush*

Overworked & Underfucked
12-06-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm from Canada and I've never even heard of Choco Tacos... they sound interesting though...

offspring dude
12-06-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm from Canada and I've never even heard of Choco Tacos... they sound interesting though...

OMG!!! im gonna make up a team of people, find out where you live, tie you up, and force-feed them to you!

Seriously though you should be able to get them there quite easily, just find out where and try them, they are the thing to eat.

nameless
12-06-2006, 02:38 PM
ive heard of tacos but havent had them before!

All About Eve
12-06-2006, 07:13 PM
My local racetrac had no choco tacos. I nearly cried.

coke_a_holic
12-06-2006, 07:35 PM
ive heard of tacos but havent had them before!

Thanks, dalaksta.

0r4ng3
12-06-2006, 07:43 PM
That doesn't work there. See, he has heard of tacos.

Paint_It_Black
12-07-2006, 12:03 AM
This thread made me go to taco bell.

In a sense, calichix made me go to taco bell.

And it was great.

Llamas
12-07-2006, 12:10 AM
Actually, in a sense, the offspring made you go to taco bell.

JohnnyNemesis
12-07-2006, 12:15 AM
I actually had REAL Mexican food tonight because calichix making this thread put me in the moooooooooood.

Paint_It_Black
12-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Actually, in a sense, the offspring made you go to taco bell.

But saying that probably wouldn't make them sad.

Llamas
12-07-2006, 12:21 AM
true. calichix is probably crying :(

T-6005
12-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Whatever. I'm still jealous.

0r4ng3
12-07-2006, 10:34 AM
I'd go to Taco Bell, but I won't risk getting e coli.

Oh, right, most of you don't know about that.

sKratch
12-07-2006, 01:25 PM
I actually had REAL Mexican food tonight because calichix making this thread put me in the moooooooooood.
She always puts me in the mood.

My school closed the on-campus taco bell until further notice. So I'm on the in and in.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-07-2006, 01:33 PM

Yeah, actually the news went national. All Taco Bells nationwide stopped using green onions, so I hear.

0r4ng3
12-07-2006, 01:42 PM
I thought the problem was lettuce, though. I don't know, I don't go to Taco Bell much.

Llamas
12-07-2006, 02:46 PM
the issue was lettuce. there was a ban on selling a lot of lettuce for a while in general, atleast here. it wasn't TB's fault.

calichix
12-08-2006, 12:09 AM
This thread made me go to taco bell.

In a sense, calichix made me go to taco bell.

And it was great.

you're bumming me out. you SHOULD'VE gotten a grandito burrito from the 7-11.

calichix
12-08-2006, 12:11 AM
She always puts me in the mood.

SO SUAVE, I can't even get over it. <333333333!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnnyNemesis
12-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah, but will he suck your toes?!

Mota Boy
12-08-2006, 12:53 AM
I have to confess something - I only eat fast food for an actual meal about once a month, but I have a total weakness for sausage egg and cheese McGriddles. Seriously, I buy one every time I'm awake and have free time when McDonald's is open, or roughly once every three weeks. They are unbe-fucking-leivable.