PDA

View Full Version : Flyin To See The Offspring?

Manic Subsidal Boy
12-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Would you fly overseas to see the Offspring live, if they didn't tour in your country?

Llamas
12-04-2006, 01:39 AM
. . . No.

Hypodermic_89
12-04-2006, 02:03 AM
Yes, I would do that. I've always wanted to go to the states. But I just need the money..

Stranger With Candy
12-04-2006, 02:23 AM
mabye to sweden or denmark. but noting longer than that.

Manic Subsidal Boy
12-04-2006, 03:07 AM
Yes, I would do that. I've always wanted to go to the states. But I just need the money..

That's really my situtation at the moment eh. Just hope that the Offspring tour in Australia in '07

Manic Subsidal Boy
12-04-2006, 03:08 AM
. . . No.

Oh like you take part in this thread.

Oxygene
12-04-2006, 03:49 AM
I've flown to see them live.. like 8-10 times I think... once even overseas to the states... but to london, paris, stockholm.. god knows where else :)
It's fun fun fun.. you just need to get your plane tickets way in advance, and stay a saturday night, for the thing to be feasable, but other than that it's the bomb! :)

Teemu
12-04-2006, 04:41 AM
a friend of mine did it.
she came from US to italy to see them live, because she saw them at the warped tour, but they played for like 30mins and she wanted a real show, so she flied to see them here in italy for a festival where they were the headliners last year

darea
12-04-2006, 05:14 AM
I would fly to the states if I had enough money, but if I dont do that I would go in various countries in europe like england, belgium, italy... if they werent in france, but they seem to always come to france so I guess I'll be lucky

cool 2 hate 681
12-04-2006, 06:13 AM
when the new album comes out im flying to the first show they do

Camilamazed
12-04-2006, 07:02 AM
I certainly would if I didn't have to work and had the money.

Not only because of the band...... Traveling is fun!

=]

FOXMAN
12-04-2006, 07:16 AM
I went to Italy from Greece on splinter tour (Milan 28/2/2004) and I'll do that again if they don't come to Greece (difficult,but we hope that here)!

Tijs
12-04-2006, 08:08 AM
I went to Italy from Greece on splinter tour (Milan 28/2/2004) and I'll do that again if they don't come to Greece (difficult,but we hope that here)!Same here, except I left from The Netherlands.

randman21
12-04-2006, 08:16 AM
Err, I guess only if they were in a country that I would like to visit anyway: England, France...Canada maybe. Other than those, most likely not.

Call it an Obsession
12-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Depends where it is really. If it's cheap to fly there, then i guess i would go as long as i had the money. It's all about the money :( . I will always have the ambition to go.

Aimeht
12-04-2006, 11:54 AM
No, I wouldn't. I've seen them three times, in Sweden.

Lord_Gabo
12-04-2006, 12:24 PM
if I can sure!!! I always flew for three offspring live .. i live on an island in italy... the best island ;) It's called Sardinia, Offspring never been here..

Marco
12-04-2006, 12:39 PM
if I can sure!!! I always flew for three offspring live .. i live on an island in italy... the best island ;) It's called Sardinia, Offspring never been here..
Come on, Sicily's better...and I'm not from there...

Anyway, I'll probably go and see them in Milan on their next tour,I can't wait! I've never been to an Offspring concert...

I know they've been in Treviso or Trento (can't remember) which would be nearer to where I live (Trieste). But Milan is more an "important" concert, if you know what I mean.

EDIT: If they come to Milan!

Sinister
12-04-2006, 12:43 PM
If The Offspring didn't tour in Canada, I wouldn't have to fly overseas to see them anyway, as they'll definitely be touring the US. But I probably wouldn't bother.

Biggest offspring fan
12-04-2006, 12:50 PM
If they don't come to sweden in the next world tour, i will fly to the us.

Zee
12-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I'll just take a boat when they'll playing in Sweden.

Amiralanal
12-04-2006, 01:37 PM
mabye to sweden or denmark. but noting longer than that.

HA! i heard you norweigans also travel here to buy food & booze.

Stranger With Candy
12-04-2006, 01:53 PM
HA! i heard you norweigans also travel here to buy food & booze.

KjÝttboller og Ýl.

Come out and smash'em up!
12-04-2006, 02:10 PM
On the next tour, if they go either to estonia or Sweden, and skip finland... i will go there with a huge boat :p

Venom Symbiote
12-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Depends. If they ever did a farewell tour or something in ten years' time, I'd probably fly to California for their big final goodbye show or whatever.

But not under normal circumstances.

Flying domestically, to see them play in Sydney or Melbourne after their show in my city, yeah, I'd probably go for that. But only because it's relatively cheap and such. It'd have to be a tour in support of a really good album though, and they'd have to be making major changes to their live show again.

For example, if they pulled a Greatest Hits tour thing and started playing Ignition/Self-Titled/greater number of Smash songs, I'd probably see them two or three times in my home country.

International only for something BIG. A giant once-in-a-lifetime festival, or a farewell show or something spectacular. Not a regular gig.

Americana_Conspiracy
12-04-2006, 06:05 PM
of course if i had the cash but most likely all i would actually have to do is drive a couple hours so im preety lucky:D

Oxygene
12-05-2006, 01:39 AM
\I know they've been in Treviso or Trento (can't remember) which would be nearer to where I live (Trieste). But Milan is more an "important" concert, if you know what I mean.

EDIT: If they come to Milan!

Dude, seriously.. I've seen them at treviso, it was as bad ass as any other show.. instead of chosing milan over treviso, go to BOTH! :cool:

Marco
12-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Dude, seriously.. I've seen them at treviso, it was as bad ass as any other show.. instead of chosing milan over treviso, go to BOTH! :cool:
Nice to know, thank-you very much!:)

F@ BANKZ
12-08-2006, 03:35 PM
i would if that was the case but i VEEERY much doubt it would materialy happen

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Oh like you take part in this thread.
I'm with this guy right now. Please understand, I like Bri, but ilovellamas does have the habit to do these kind of things, and she's not quite setting by example.
--
In response to the original question, very doubtful. I wish I could, and if I was planning to go to a different country, I'd try to see my favorite band live while I'm at it.

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 06:31 PM
I highly doubt it. Under certain circumstances mabey, like if I won a contest that sent me to Europe to see The Offspring. But I wouldn't do it normally.

Awesome_Avril
12-12-2006, 06:47 PM
:) I did it last year and it was AWESOME!!! I flew to see them play two nights at Londonís Brixton Academy from Cincinnati and that was after seeing them play in Warped Tour in my hometown and two other towns 2 hours away!! So I saw them 5 times and met them once!! The shows in London were much longer than the 30 mins that they played in Warped Tour. Longer shows were better in UK.

It was the best vacation that Iíve ever taken!!! I had enough frequent flyer miles so the airfare was free and I spent 7 days/nights touring London. Iíve got enough frequent flyer miles to go again when they tour for the new CD. If they play these festivals, Iím thinking about Italy for Rock in Idro (sp?) and then going to France for the Fete díHumanitie (sp?). Ė I took 5 yrs of French, would have to take some Italian before going. I also want to get back to London, so I might take 2-3 weeks this time. It will be a long time before I can build up this many frequent flyer miles again so Iím going to make the most of it!! Any suggestions on where I should go this time? Europe or Japan??? Which cities?? :confused:

Agatio
12-12-2006, 06:50 PM
I can't, because I don't have wings!

Oxygene
12-13-2006, 03:50 AM
:) I did it last year and it was AWESOME!!! I flew to see them play two nights at Londonís Brixton Academy from Cincinnati and that was after seeing them play in Warped Tour in my hometown and two other towns 2 hours away!! So I saw them 5 times and met them once!! The shows in London were much longer than the 30 mins that they played in Warped Tour. Longer shows were better in UK.

It was the best vacation that Iíve ever taken!!! I had enough frequent flyer miles so the airfare was free and I spent 7 days/nights touring London. Iíve got enough frequent flyer miles to go again when they tour for the new CD. If they play these festivals, Iím thinking about Italy for Rock in Idro (sp?) and then going to France for the Fete díHumanitie (sp?). Ė I took 5 yrs of French, would have to take some Italian before going. I also want to get back to London, so I might take 2-3 weeks this time. It will be a long time before I can build up this many frequent flyer miles again so Iím going to make the most of it!! Any suggestions on where I should go this time? Europe or Japan??? Which cities?? :confused:

Well I've been to see them all over, and it really doesn't matter where you go, the shows are great everywhere, if something really stands out it's the small club shows. I've seen them in small venues with 200 people twice once in 99 and once in 2003 and THOSE were fucking awesome, but they are hard to get tickets for.
You have the biggest chance you have of meeting them in places that are off center, like austria, or prague, or stockholm or some other place, not like big central cities, like New York, London, Paris, because in big cities they always have shit to do (press, or go out with record executives, they have lots of people they know that aren't fans going to those shows etc). Your call...
How the fuck do you get so many frequent flyer miles, and have the time to take 2-3 weeks off to see the offspring?

offspring_freak_3
12-13-2006, 06:21 AM
If I had money to buy an airline ticket, and money for the hotel, yes i would

German Andres
12-13-2006, 11:52 AM
I `d fly to United States, no further than that. Supposing I has the money, of course...

Awesome_Avril
12-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Well I've been to see them all over, and it really doesn't matter where you go, the shows are great everywhere, if something really stands out it's the small club shows. I've seen them in small venues with 200 people twice once in 99 and once in 2003 and THOSE were fucking awesome, but they are hard to get tickets for.
You have the biggest chance you have of meeting them in places that are off center, like austria, or prague, or stockholm or some other place, not like big central cities, like New York, London, Paris, because in big cities they always have shit to do (press, or go out with record executives, they have lots of people they know that aren't fans going to those shows etc). Your call...
How the fuck do you get so many frequent flyer miles, and have the time to take 2-3 weeks off to see the offspring?

Warped Tour was crazy but I did get to meet them there and got pictures with them and autographs. Guess that was because the warped tour towns were not NY, LA, London or Paris. My reviews and experience meeting them is written in the tour review section. The audience at Brixton Academy was larger than the audience at the Mike Stage of Warped Tour when Offspring did their 30 minutes but it was on 2 floors so it was not bad. Brixton Academy was better because the show was longer although I could have done without the warm up acts because the first warm act stunk and the second was mediocre. But had to endure that in order to get a good spot in front of the stage. The first night I was about 5 deep in the crowd because I was running late due to my tourist activities. The second night there was only one person in front of me. I got some awesome pictures with the digital camera that I bought for the trip. Iíd like to meet them again because Iíve had the best pics enlarged and want to get them autographed. One night at Brixton was sold out (canít remember which one) and I had to go on ebay.uk to get a ticket. So I was able to a ticket. How many times have you seen them? How is it that you get to go all over to see them? I sent you a private message with answers to your other questions.

Venom Symbiote
12-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Avril's GANGSTAH!

ZagmenO
12-14-2006, 11:53 AM
The last tour they did they didn't tour anywhere NEAR where I live, so I hope they do this time. But yea, I would totally fly to like any country to see a concert.

nameless
12-14-2006, 04:15 PM
not just for any show, if it was their farewell show then i probably would!

Oxygene
12-14-2006, 04:21 PM
How is it that you get to go all over to see them? I sent you a private message with answers to your other questions.

Well it's kind of an optical illusion.. I live in Europe and distances are alot shorter than one would think. Plust plane tickets aren't that expensive, especially not lowfare (3 or 4 years ago I did roundtrip paris 3 days 4 nights 2 star hotel with breakfast $200) When I went to the states I bought my ticket ahead of time and it was like $400 or so... I have relatives in DC so I crashed there and I took a train to philly, in philly I slept at this chicks place who also came to see the show, and who I knew from the old bbs and stuff, from philly I got a ride with the chick to NYC, and I crashed at this Hungarian bands place (they just got off a tour with ignite and were trying to make it in the US) and my plane flew from NY to Budapest (that's how I booked it to begin with no extra charge).. so I always figure ways out to do it cheaply. To shows like vienna or prague or in italy and slovenia I drive. To other like paris london stockholm I fly. The most expensive for me ever was stockholm.. that ran like $700. But for that kind of money I was in a Hotel 3 yards from the venue, which ruled! Plus those northerners are very VERY expensive.