PDA

View Full Version : Signatures

Apathy
12-05-2006, 08:25 AM
How long is too long?

A few have been bothering me as of late. Partly because of the sheer length of them, and the fact that they could be nearly half the size that they are if they just didn't needlessly enter spaces and such (http://www.offspring.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&f=2).

I looked around and saw no guidelines on this. If no one else is bothered then by all means do nothing, but I noticed they are starting to creep bigger and bigger.

Mannen som blev en gris
12-05-2006, 08:32 AM
There should be a limit that says you can only have like... five or six lines or something. Anyway, I'm just glad I don't have to see ten userbars in every signature. "Windows user", "Google user", "Firefox user", "Winamp user"... now THAT'S annoying.

Stranger With Candy
12-05-2006, 10:18 AM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/member.php?u=9053 and http://www.offspring.com/forums/member.php?u=10709

are way to long.

Sinister
12-05-2006, 10:22 AM
There is indeed a problem when an user's signature is longer than their average post. Even more so when a huge part of their average post is garbage.

forcyn
12-05-2006, 10:33 AM
zamengo's signature is driving me inseane. it's couple of times longer than his average post and it takes ages to pass HUGE signature just to read 10 characters post -.-

DexterWannabe
12-05-2006, 11:06 AM
especially Biggest Offspring fan, he quoted me, and he translated it wrong, die BOF!

Amiralanal
12-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Biggest offspring fan is an asshole. i fuck his mother and cum in her hair.

Mota Boy
12-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I've thought about long signatures for a bit. So far there have been a few that have been long enough to be annoying, but not to the point of being disruptive. However, if it's a problem, we'll try to hash out rough standards for length, though I do think that "about the size of your average post" is a fair standard.

Oxygene
12-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I think anything longer than mota boy's is annoying, and I wouldn't allow it.. this isn't art class.. it's a bbs to talk about offspring if that much isn't, if you can't express yourself in 8 lines, than you really don't have anything important to say.. the shitty thing is, if we turn off the sigs in the control panel we miss the good ones and miss out :(

78 Water
12-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Why did you give a link to my profile? I don't even have a sig.

Sinister
12-06-2006, 05:17 PM
First post has a bad link (seems to find the last poster in some forum, by the look of the address.)

Apathy
12-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Yes, I carelessly did it without thinking about what would happen when the thread got more replies.

I meant Zagmen0.

0r4ng3
12-07-2006, 05:40 PM
That "O" is a letter, not a number. Please don't give the letter-number replacement thing a bad name (or rather, a worse name). I don't wanna be grouped with that tryhard in any conceivable way.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 07:57 PM
The other board I post at has a physical limit on the sig. I think it's like 200 characters. If you go over, it won't let you save it. I think 200 is a little short... I think maybe 500 is reasonable. Zagmen's is clearly well over 500 characters.

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 08:20 PM
I think this boards limit is 1000.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 11:34 PM
far too much!

Tizzalicious
12-09-2006, 03:18 AM
We're working on it.

Oxygene
12-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Well I turned off the sigs, and it's working out wonderfully.. too bad I'm missing the good ones :) We should have a rating system or something too :) j/k

Llamas
12-09-2006, 03:25 PM
I don't know how to request bans, but I honestly think that zagmen has reached banning level. Either that, or his posts should atleast be deleted. He doesn't even post anything coherant anymore. I have him on my ignore list, but people quote him all the time, so I still see what he posts. And it's nothingness besides a bunch of capitalized letters and screaming.

forcyn
12-10-2006, 09:19 AM
zamengo is the most annoying user on these boards. It takes ages to pass through his signature, he's bumping extremely old threads just 'for fun', he doesn't have anything else to say but 'Omg, lololololol, really? wtf?'. All in all, he's just another spamer.

forcyn
12-10-2006, 12:28 PM
God bless that mod.

Little_Miss_1565
12-10-2006, 09:21 PM
ZagmenO, just because you're still in that akward stage of development where you think that everything you find entertaining in the slightest has to be funny to everyone else too, it doesn't mean we all have to suffer for it until you grow out of it.

We should have a rating system or something too :) j/k

lulz omfgz up my repz, ox! plz?!

JohnnyNemesis
12-10-2006, 10:00 PM
I'd up YOUR repz anyday.

Oxygene
12-11-2006, 04:44 AM
lulz omfgz up my repz, ox! plz?!

um...... WHAT?! :confused:

Little_Miss_1565
12-11-2006, 05:33 AM
um...... WHAT?! :confused:

The reason we don't have a ratings system. Every board that has one inevitably degenerates into what I said to you.

Sin Studly
12-11-2006, 07:06 AM
I just realised we could have picture-sigs. Awesome.

Oxygene
12-11-2006, 07:43 AM
The reason we don't have a ratings system. Every board that has one inevitably degenerates into what I said to you.

which is a bunch of nonsense net slang piled ontop of one another?

Mota Boy
12-11-2006, 11:11 AM
It's internet code, dude. Surely you've been around long enough to decipher it.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-11-2006, 12:56 PM
where you think that everything you find entertaining in the slightest has to be funny to everyone else too

Where the hell did that COME FROM!? "Awkward stage of development"? "Entertaining in the slightest"? "Funny to everyone else too"? "Grow out of it"? "Pizza on a stick"? ...Oh, wait. You didn't say that last part. My bad. :o But still...

Where the hell did that COME FROM!?

You just gave an excellent answer to your own question.

Biggest offspring fan
01-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I was going to have my sig even longer, but i couldn't it says:
1. Your signature can not be longer than 500 characters excluding BB Code markup. But i understand that it is annoying, I'm gonna do something about mine.
EDIT: I made it smaller hope it's okay. Maybe i will put a pic in there instead.

DexterWannabe
01-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Maybe i will put a pic in there instead.

please don't

WebDudette
01-05-2007, 04:57 PM
DexterWannabe you hardly have room to talk your signature is rather large as well.

Lodat225
01-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Larger than biggerstoffspringfan.

Biggest offspring fan
01-05-2007, 05:25 PM
biggerstoffspringfan.

Biggest offspring fan, dammit!

DexterWannabe
01-06-2007, 02:53 AM
Biggest offspring fan, dammit!

fatest offspring gay

Biggest offspring fan
01-06-2007, 03:13 AM
Fuck off, i'm not fat dammit.
Edit: I'm not gay eather, whith biggest offspring fan i mean that i am one of the largest fans ever existed.

DexterWannabe
01-06-2007, 03:30 AM
whith biggest offspring fan i mean that i am one of the largest fans ever existed.

but you're not

nightvision
01-06-2007, 04:30 AM
Fuck off, i'm not fat dammit.
Edit: I'm not gay eather, whith biggest offspring fan i mean that i am one of the largest fans ever existed.

I don't really know if you're trying to be funny here but you sure make me laugh!

So, how large are you?

Biggest offspring fan
01-06-2007, 04:53 AM
but you're not

If there had been a bigger fan than me out there, (we can take an example). Like the sneakers, if there had been a bigger fan than me out there they probably should have bought the sneakers. Even if they haven't got the money they should get them in some way. Like me i worked hard a whole summer for those money. Nobody else bought them which makes me to a really big fan. It was a hard competition to get them, but i got them.

nightvision
01-06-2007, 05:20 AM
So you're saying that the more pointless shit you're buying the bigger fan you are? Alright...

How about the old stuff? Do you have everything? I'll Be Waiting, They Were Born To Kill, Baghdad (both black and clear), S/T original? Didn't think so. But you're still one of the biggest Offspring fans ever in your mind? Makes sense...

Amiralanal
01-06-2007, 05:38 AM
If there had been a bigger fan than me out there, (we can take an example). Like the sneakers, if there had been a bigger fan than me out there they probably should have bought the sneakers. Even if they haven't got the money they should get them in some way. Like me i worked hard a whole summer for those money. Nobody else bought them which makes me to a really big fan. It was a hard competition to get them, but i got them.

you have never seen them live, and you havent listened to them for very long.

besides, wouldnt it be better to buy a complete record collection?

DexterWannabe
01-06-2007, 07:35 AM
wouldnt it be better to buy a complete record collection?

he got a point there

Lodat225
01-06-2007, 07:43 AM
but you're not

You don't know that, do you?

DexterWannabe
01-06-2007, 07:50 AM
You don't know that, do you?

i know, all to well

Little_Miss_1565
01-06-2007, 11:16 AM

And it was a hard expensive competition for me to get all of the Offspring's pre-Epitaph vinyl. But I did it, too. And i'm not the only one--there are several people on here that own it all. It's not a fucking competition here over who the biggest fan is. You don't need to prove anything to anyone and the fact that you are trying to is really, really obnoxious. So quit.

DexterWannabe
01-06-2007, 11:20 AM
we're all for the same reason (except Lodat); cuz we love the offspring!
let's be friends and sing some songs now?

Lodat225
01-06-2007, 12:32 PM
we're all for the same reason (except Lodat); cuz we love the offspring!
let's be friends and sing some songs now?

Except Lodat? Hahaha.

0r4ng3
01-06-2007, 12:32 PM
I know that this is horribly off-topic, but suddenly I feel like discussing people's signatures, and how they can get really long and annoying.

DexterWannabe
01-06-2007, 02:18 PM
I know that this is horribly off-topic, but suddenly I feel like discussing people's signatures, and how they can get really long and annoying.

yes that is off-topic, do over PM, you should know better than this!

Jakebert
01-06-2007, 02:26 PM

That doesn't make you a bigger fan, that just makes you a moron who wasted an entire summer to buy something that's not worth even a quarter of the money you paid for it. Seriously, you bought another person's shoes because you like that person. That's really, really pathetic. Maybe buying someone else's shoes because they're really nice shoes is justifiable, except for the kind of money you paid it's still stupid. Especially since those shoes will probably be worthless in a few years, and you'll grow out of this obsession in a few years. Hopefully, anyway.

Paying a lot of vinyl or a rare bootleg is different because at least it has some connection with the band's music. But a singer's shoes?

As for your "IM THE BIGGEST OFFSPRING FAN EVEA!!!!" bullshit, no one respects it or is impressed at all. Even here with the legions of fanboys we have, very few people are impressed.

Lodat225
01-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Holy crap, get over it. Let the kid believe he is the biggest offspring fan. What would you get out of trying to argue with him?

Jakebert
01-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Lodat, shut up. No one here gives a fuck at all about your opinion.

Blinkweasel
01-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Actually, nobody really cares about anybody else's opinion.

Jakebert
01-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Yeah, but Lodat is even lower than normal people.

Llamas
01-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Paying $510 for a pair of shoes that don't fit you, have been used, and are sweaty and smelly... is messed up. Maybe if you happened to have been backstage and you found them or something... but you wasted tons of money on shoes. SHOES. I think the vinyl thing is kinda weird, too... but shoes?? Seriously. You didn't buy the shoes of the world's best runner, or something. You bought the shoes of a singer who got an average time in one marathon. Good god.

Jakebert
01-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Actually, the vinyl thing makes sense. Rare vinyl, even if it's the Offspring, can be worth a pretty good sum of money. Plus, I can understand the appeal of owning it. I have some old vinyl LP's that my parents gave me, and they're really cool.

Lodat225
01-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Lodat, shut up. No one here gives a fuck at all about your opinion.

But you actually think you're going to hurt his "pride" by saying that it was a waste of money? No. So why don't you shut up and get back to the topic?

Jakebert
01-06-2007, 08:42 PM
No, we're just trying to explain to him that the bragging is pointless and dumb, because maybe unlike you, he realizes that being a complete moron isn't a good thing, no matter how much attention he's getting.

Lodat225
01-06-2007, 09:33 PM
And where do you get that he realizes he's a moron, and he thinks that's not good?

Little_Miss_1565
01-07-2007, 03:04 AM
The issue here is not whether or not it is worth it to collect, often at great expense, things that relate to or have some kind of significance to something we really enjoy. In this case, shit related to the Offspring. Whether you get it or not is besides the point. Biggest Offspring Fan is trying to say that buying Dexter's marathon shoes makes him the biggest fan because anyone else who was a bigger fan would have won them at auction instead. That logic is false, because the only thing you need to have to place an eBay bid is the money to back up the bid, not the love in your heart for what it relates to and stands for.

Jakebert
01-07-2007, 08:43 AM
And where do you get that he realizes he's a moron, and he thinks that's not good?

Because, he's just a young fanboy, and usually those people grow out of that at some point because it hits them that it's dumb.

Lodat225
01-07-2007, 09:00 AM
But not yet. He doesn't believe he's a moron, to the contrary, he believes he's so fucking awesome.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Alright, I understand how Biggest Offspring fan loves to mention how he owns Dexter's shoes and rare Offspring vinyls. I like to brag too. I wouldn't put it in my signature and bring it up everytime someone agrues about being a big Offspring fan, but I'd be proud of it and try to make others jealous, none the less.

People, I don't know how you can deny the "coolness" of owning of the shoes and the vinyls. I own many Billy Talent singles, promos, vinyls, t-shirts, and other memorabilia [/brag]. I know I'm likely not anywhere near being the biggest Billy Talent fan, yet I still probably would buy marathon shoes of the members'. The way you are acting, could you be envious maybe? Let him believe he's the biggest Offspring fan, I mean, he could be.

Killboy
01-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Alright, I understand how Biggest Offspring fan loves to mention how he owns Dexter's shoes and rare Offspring vinyls. I like to brag too. I wouldn't put it in my signature and bring it up everytime someone agrues about being a big Offspring fan, but I'd be proud of it and try to make others jealous, none the less.

People, I don't know how you can deny the "coolness" of owning of the shoes and the vinyls. I own many Billy Talent singles, promos, vinyls, t-shirts, and other memorabilia [/brag]. I know I'm likely not anywhere near being the biggest Billy Talent fan, yet I still probably would buy marathon shoes of the members'. The way you are acting, could you be envious maybe? Let him believe he's the biggest Offspring fan, I mean, he could be.

HELL YEAH!!!

Biggest offspring fan
01-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Look I'm not trying to be in a competition of being the biggest offspring fan, but I am fucking obsessed with them. Thats all i can say.

nightvision
01-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Look I'm not trying to be in a competition of being the biggest offspring fan, but I am fucking obsessed with them. Thats all i can say.

How are you doing?