PDA

View Full Version : Taxes email

DeAtHsTaR
12-05-2006, 10:18 PM
At first I thought this was funny...then I realized the awful truth of it.
>>Be sure to read all the way to the end!
>>
>>
>>
>>Tax his land,
>>Tax his bed,
>>Tax the table
>>At which he's fed.
>>
>>Tax his tractor,
>>Tax his mule,
>>Teach him taxes
>>Are the rule.
>>
>>Tax his cow,
>>Tax his goat,
>>Tax his pants,
>>Tax his coat.
>>
>>Tax his ties,
>>Tax his shirt,
>>Tax his work,
>>Tax his dirt.
>>
>>Tax his tobacco,
>>Tax his drink,
>>Tax him if he
>>Tries to think.
>>
>>Tax his cigars,
>>Tax his beers,
>>If he cries, then
>>Tax his tears.
>>
>>Tax his car,
>>Tax his gas,
>>Find other ways
>>To tax his class
>>
>>Tax all he has
>>Then let him know
>>That you won't be done
>>Till he has no dough.
>>
>>When he screams and hollers,
>>Then tax him some more,
>>Tax him till
>>He's good and sore.
>>
>>Then tax his coffin,
>>Tax his grave,
>>Tax the sod in
>>Which he's laid.
>>
>>Put these words
>>upon his tomb,
>>"Taxes drove me
>>to my doom..."
>>
>>When he's gone,
>>Do not relax,
>>Its time to apply
>>The inheritance tax.
>>
>>Accounts Receivable Tax
>>Building Permit Tax
>>CDL license Tax
>>Cigarette Tax
>>Corporate Income Tax
>>Dog License Tax
>>Federal Income Tax
>>Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
>>Fishing License Tax
>>Food License Tax,
>>Fuel permit tax
>>Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
>>Hunting License Tax
>>Inheritance Tax
>>Interest expense
>>Inventory tax
>>IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
>>Liquor Tax
>>Luxury Taxes
>>Marriage License Tax
>>Medicare Tax
>>Property Tax
>>Real Estate Tax
>>Service charge taxes
>>Social Security Tax
>>Road usage taxes
>>Sales Tax
>>Recreational Vehicle Tax
>>School Tax
>>State Income Tax
>>State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
>>Telephone federal excise tax
>>Telephone federal universal service fee tax
>>Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
>>Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
>>Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
>>Telephone state and local tax
>>Telephone usage charge tax
>>Utility Taxes
>>Vehicle License Registration Tax
>>Vehicle Sales Tax
>>Watercraft registration Tax
>>Well Permit Tax
>>Workers Compensation Tax
>>
>>COMMENTS: Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
>>and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
>>We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class
>>in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
>>What happened?
>>And I still have to "press 1" for English
>>I hope this goes around world 10 times

Little_Miss_1565
12-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Oh, logic, where have you gone?

It's like saying that you've worn the same pair of underpants since 9/11/01, and there hasn't been another attack on US soil since, and so as long as I keep wearing this same pair of underpants, there won't be another attack. Removing taxes isn't going to magically alleviate the country's problems. Quite the opposite, probably, considering that the main role of government today is social welfare.

JohnnyNemesis
12-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Devoid of logic/value/sense.

It's like saying that you've worn the same pair of underpants since 9/11/01, and there hasn't been another attack on US soil since, and so as long as I keep wearing this same pair of underpants, there won't be another attack.

Well, that's certainly the reason I've kept 'em on.

If I change my underwear, the terrorists win!

Mota Boy
12-05-2006, 11:47 PM
>>COMMENTS: Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,
>>and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
>>We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class
>>in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
>>What happened?

First of all, it's interesting that it invokes a call for "mom to stay home to raise the kids". Many studies of women's life at home during the sixties discovered that they were quite unhappy with their situation.

Besides that... it's comparing apples to oranges. A hundred years ago we had almost no army, most of our workforce was composed of rural farmers, the mortality rate was significantly higher, less than half the country graduated high school and only a minute percentage went to college, factory jobs were absolutely brutal, with twelve hour days six days a week and child labor, we had no paved roads (what that 42 cent gasoline tax pays for), corporations dumped toxic chemicals into rivers daily, old people were taken care of by their families or died, and due to significantly lower lifespans, they died a lot earlier.

Much of the change that I detailed above is a result of taxes.

Sin Studly
12-06-2006, 12:41 AM
And let's not forget that 100 years ago there was a shitload of countries far more prosperous than America.

Venom Symbiote
12-06-2006, 12:54 AM
:rolleyes: A "shitload"?

Maybe a few. Britain and France. Maybe the Japanese Empire, I dunno.

wheelchairman
12-06-2006, 03:14 AM
A hundred years ago? It would've been most of Europe.

Sin Studly
12-06-2006, 05:35 AM
And the German Empire, Ottoman Empire, Austrio-Hungarian Empire, Russian Empire... yeah, most of Europe and a good part of Asia.

Duskygrin
12-06-2006, 06:54 AM
100 years ago, that would take us back to 1906 & the Frisco earthquake if I am correct...

Storytime, after that you can switch off the lights & go to sleep.

It is between the Secession War & the beginning of the twentieth century that the United States of America became the first economic world power. The reasons for this economic taking off are diverse:

- the immensity of agricultural resources due to the size of arable land & the variety of climates. Barring from certain tropical plants, the Americans can cultivate anything (to the exception of religious tolerance... just kidding).
- the underground resources are prodigious, providing the energy & the raw materials needed for industrial growth.
- the internal market is quite sizable, & rapid demographic growth fosters agricultural & industrial output (90 to 95% of American production is absorbed by the internal market). The tariffs & customs legislation consolidates further this situation since free trade within the US of A is compounded by protectionism without.
- the new networks of communication facilitate the transport of goods. Competition between the companies allows for a reduction in fares.
- the entrepreneurial spirit & audacity of American businessmen, as well as the abundance of manpower provide the firms with the staff they need
- the creation of an internal capital market thanks to the reinvestment of profits, in addition to the influx of European, mostly British capital

Overall, the American economy supersedes that of Great Britain, the leading economic potency since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.

This, I believe, may shake off the common misconception that the power of the USA only soared after WW2. It did, but it was quite significant before, too.

As for social regulations... a hundred years ago, you are saying?
- Theodore Roosevelt, president of the USA between 1901 & 1909, fights against trusts & achieves rises in wages & a reduction in workhours.
- somebody mentioned child labour. Let me correct him/her. Since 1888, children under 13 are protected from labour. This law has not been correctly implemented till the beginning of the twentieth century, precisely a hundred years ago.
- American wages for workers are far superiour to those of Europeans. it is unfortunate that, notwithstanding this achievement, the American worker has no guarantee or security as far as work is concerned.

Well, well, well... the picture is not all black. Starting from Roosevelt's presidency in 1901, the USA would, in 15 years, vote more social laws than during all the previous history of the USA. 1906 would take us somewhere in the middle. And as stated earlier, prosperity of the country as a whole was already achieved.

Sin Studly
12-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Please, they just dodged the worst of WW1.

That's how Australia ; possibly the harshest, deadliest and most unforgiving land in the world, managed to make a decent economy for itself with a handful of people on an arid, infertile rock.

Jakebert
12-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Dain, here's a good test to see if something is shit or not:

If you got it in an e-mail, it's shit.

Little_Miss_1565
12-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Unless it's that video where the girl craps herself in the hot tub. Then it's awesome.

JohnnyNemesis
12-06-2006, 01:28 PM
That video made me sad, cause I felt so bad for the girl!

wheelchairman
12-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Unless it's that video where the girl craps herself in the hot tub. Then it's awesome.

I haven't seen it! I wanna see!

Mota Boy
12-06-2006, 02:56 PM
Please, they just dodged the worst of WW1.
Naw, the US was a rising power well before WWI. We started reaching great-power status in the late 1800s, and by 1906 we were up there with Germany and England.

Little_Miss_1565
12-06-2006, 03:12 PM
I haven't seen it! I wanna see!

THey were filming a music video of some kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Zn81LOmvY

opivy21
12-06-2006, 04:01 PM
A lot of those taxes are on items that no one is required to spend money on. I'm sorry that everybody has to pay a dog license tax. That must be a huge hassle.

And I'm sorry that the guy who wrote that can't find a womean who wants to live in the kitchen or that some people in America don't speak English as a first language. He needs to shut up.

Sin Studly
12-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Naw, the US was a rising power well before WWI. We started reaching great-power status in the late 1800s, and by 1906 we were up there with Germany and England.

Imperialist lies. You let everyone else break themselves in wars you showed up late to, and took all the spoils from exhausted enemies. That's my excuse for you not speaking Russian right now, and I'm sticking to it. Thieving scum.

Paint_It_Black
12-07-2006, 12:30 AM
100 years ago? Fuck that, America hasn't been good for closer to 150.