Seriously the best band in the world.

Discuss.

Llamas
12-06-2006, 03:45 AM
False. :-P

Endymion
12-06-2006, 11:21 AM
massive fail.

little known fact: i once ran into the bat commander at the huntington beach library.

Apathy
12-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Seriously the best band in the world.

Isn't this phrase some aquabat-inside-joke?
I remember hearing it somewhere in a song, don't remember where.

Anyway, I used to like them. Newer stuff is alright, but somewhat embarrassing to listen to and enjoy. Older stuff is fun/hilarious.

Venom Symbiote
12-06-2006, 07:17 PM
Not so much an "inside joke" as the Truth (capital "T" :p ) according to The Commander.

Newer stuff is alright, but somewhat embarrassing to listen to

Only if you're insecure.

And woah, Endymion, that's pretty sweet. Christian Jacobs is rock.

Llamas
12-06-2006, 07:35 PM
but somewhat embarrassing to listen to and enjoy.
More like, you should kill yourself if you listen to it and enjoy it. :P I tried to like them and check them out, but the music was just horrible.

Little_Miss_1565
12-06-2006, 08:26 PM
The Aquabats are joy incarnate. And who hates joy? Communists, that's who. Damn dirty reds.

Venom Symbiote
12-06-2006, 10:50 PM
I tried to like them and check them out, but the music was just horrible.

:( You're a sad person, I fear you may have no soul.

So you honestly think Crash/Chainsaw/Jimmy have no musicianship? They can craft some pretty nice hooks and melodies. And the Bat Commander, goofy as he is, has a pretty amazing range of vocal styles. He can rap, sing, do nu-metal vocals, Elvis impersonations, basic punk/ska vocals, the whole lot.

Just because a band isn't "serious" doesn't mean they're not any good as "serious musicians". The creativity is still there all the same, goofy or otherwise.

What albums have you heard, anyway Llamas?

Llamas
12-06-2006, 11:08 PM
So you honestly think Crash/Chainsaw/Jimmy have no musicianship? Never said that.

They can craft some pretty nice hooks and melodies. And the Bat Commander, goofy as he is, has a pretty amazing range of vocal styles. He can rap, sing, do nu-metal vocals, Elvis impersonations, basic punk/ska vocals, the whole lot. I never said they didn't have random talents... their music itself is just really... not good.

Just because a band isn't "serious" doesn't mean they're not any good as "serious musicians". The creativity is still there all the same, goofy or otherwise. and when did I say that? I love tenacious d, for instance.

What albums have you heard, anyway Llamas? No idea. There was a thread about them on here before, and people were posting a bunch of songs and videos by them. They had a fun stage presence and looked fun to watch... but oh my poor ears. :(

Venom Symbiote
12-06-2006, 11:49 PM
their music itself is just really... not good.

And I'm still just confused as to how you can think that way.

Manic Subsidal Boy
12-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Well I think they're a pretty sweet band, unlike many believe on the forums. Ska Robot Army and Playdough are totally awesome songs! Much like a B-52's cross American modern punk band. *Thumbs Up for the Aquabats!*

Endymion
12-07-2006, 08:04 AM
And I'm still just confused as to how you can think that way.

um, people are all different?