PDA

View Full Version : Fce

no_way
12-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Tomorrow I'm taking the speaking and listening parts of the FCE international test. I'm not worried about that, because my marks on practices go from 8 to 10, but what I'm worried about is Use of English and Reading. I suck at those. There's always another interpretation than the one I thought about, and that only makes me more hesitant about my choices. Has any of you already taken this exam, or is about to take it? Any advice or sharing experience would be appreciate.

offspring dude
12-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm thinking about taking it, although there is other choices that are also tempting.

Whats it like? is it hard? In what way is the whole thing done?

i dont actually know much about these tests because i've only just considered them.

no_way
12-06-2006, 03:24 PM
I think you won't have any problem if you get enough preparation. Well, you have to register, which costs around 100 and 200 bucks, and you CANNOT cancel it, not under ANY possible excuse. The least they do if you get a medical certificate is giving you your money back, but you can't take it a different day than given. I don't know how it works when you take it because obviously, I've never been there, but the test is divided in two days. One day they give you "Speaking" and "Listening", and the other one you take "Use of English", "Reading" and "Writing". All of these are divided into 4 parts max. It depends on how good you are at each subject the level of facility you have.

I don't know
12-06-2006, 07:54 PM
I took the FCE last year(in june, I guess). I don't remember much of it, hehe, I don't have a good memory. I just remember that at least for me the reading part was kinda easy, the use of english was a little confusing, but not too hard. the listening wasn't so difficult too. I also remember that I got very nervous in the speaking part,hehehe. the worst part is waiting for the results, it took like more than a month. fortunately I passed, and if I passed I'm sure you'll pass too:D. the only advice I got is not to be nervous in the speaking part,hhehehe, I suck at giving advices. good luck:D. this thing reminded me that next week I'm going to take the cae,which is pretty similar to the fce,I mean the kind of the exercises are very similar, and I'm so fucked up, 'cause I haven't studied much,hehe

Marco
12-07-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm going to take it in June....and I am a bit worried...but, if you know you're good, you should pass it....

Btw, GOOD LUCK!

no_way
12-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks to you all. I took the speaking today and I gotta say I wasn't nervious at all. I did it with a 30 year old woman whose English, how do I say this? It sucked. I think I did pretty well actually, at least I didn't notice any mistakes if I did them. Marco, you'll do good in the test, being in forums is what most helps I think. I'm still waiting for the Use of English part, aaaaaaagh!

German Andres
12-08-2006, 11:28 AM
I`m taking the exam next tuesday. I`m a bit worried too, although my marks go from 7.5 to 9.5. I have four papers that day, and the speaking on thursday.
I`ve been told that it`s easy, but I don`t want a C, I`m looking for an A if possible... I know that not many people have failed it.