PDA

View Full Version : The Vandals with Reeve Oliver and Longmont Potion Castle on December 17

Human
12-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Well, that's the day I've been waiting for since October 11. I can't wait to see them, although I've never heard of Longmont Potion Castle or Reeve Oliver, I'm really excited. They're playing at the House of Blues in San Diego doors open at 7 pm. What are the Vandals like live, for anyone who's seen them live before? Also, is anybody else going to see them?

p.s., about my last thread, I guess it upset some people, so to those who are in dire need of an apology, I guess I'm sorry, somewhat.

Jakebert
12-06-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm not a huge Vandals fan, but I have a feeling that they'd be pretty fun live.

Human
12-06-2006, 08:51 PM
b u m p

nieh
12-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Erm. Longmont Potion Castle is a prank caller. How is he going to open for the Vandals? Whatever. I've seen the Vandals at Warped and they were lots of fun. My friend also has a DVD of one of their Christmas shows and it was pretty decent too. I'm assuming most of their shows are about on par with that.

Human
12-06-2006, 09:02 PM
wtf? How can a prank caller even get a spot to play at the House of Blues?

0r4ng3
12-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Maybe he does stand-up comedy or something?

Human
12-06-2006, 09:04 PM
Hmm, still odd. But seriously, why would they be playing with The Vandals anyway?

Betty
12-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Saw them at Warped in 2001 and they were super fun. Warren sang I Have a Date and got nearly naked and was overall ridiculous.

Saw them again at Warped in... 2004 maybe... and I didn't enjoy the show as much. Partly cause there was a lot of newer stuff (in a 25 min set) and cause the guy beside me was obnoxious as hell.

I think it'll be a fun time.

DeAtHsTaR
12-06-2006, 11:41 PM
You're seeing The Vandals??? Lucky. If I wasn't so lazy I'd get up, walk to my room, grab my phone, call you, and tell you you're a filthy whore.

StayInTheHouseCarl
12-07-2006, 10:51 AM
I am going to see them at the Xmas show on Dec 23 at the HOB sunset strip.
This will be my third christmas show, and I think the around the tenth time I have seen the Vandals play. (Seems like a lot but that's in a span of about 5 years, and they always have shows in the OC/LA area...because that's where they live)

Seriously, one of the best live bands. The reason I go back again and again is because they are so fun to watch, and are great musicians.

So Human, I guarantee you good times.