PDA

View Full Version : How feminism destroyed real men

HornyPope
12-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Editorial (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=398998&in_page_id=1879&in_page_id=1879&expand=true)

Hahah, not only is this true, it's a big editorial in a prominent paper, and funny to boot! Take that!

Because of its length, it's probably easy to pick on the vulnerabilities but I don't care. Some paragraphs are win. <33333

wheelchairman
12-08-2006, 02:50 PM
What I don't understand is the modern relevance. I mean I do understand wage differences. But the next generation generally approves of equality, men and women. Those differences will die out with the last generation.

What happens today is that now women are generally getting better grades in school than the little boys. Simply because education was reformed to help women integrate into the working society. But what we have there is a generation of men not equipped with equal qualifications in the working world.

This was a recent problem in Denmark, and the feminist organizations were adamant that there was no problem. Retarded.

Plus at my university they are mindfuckingly stupid.

Edit: Emo is a creation of feminism. Or at least it also turned men into sloppy vaginas. I have a friend who thinks this line is beautiful:
"If you were to slit my throat, and I choked up blood on your blouse, my last strain of breath would be an apology for spewing on your blouse"
That's Dashboard Confessional, and it's also utterly pathetic. This man deserves whatever woman comes to him. I have been trying to beat him into some kind of "man." Danko Jones and Steven Seagal is not enough. :(

HornyPope
12-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Don't worry about women's academic success, us men can always start a war between participant nations (military being the one sphere where women will NEVER, ever dominate) and effectively bypass their grab of the world's power. Who cares if they are doctors and engineers and psychiatrists, we can divert their effort to the front*. For Motherland!

* Front = Sauna

JohnnyNemesis
12-08-2006, 03:18 PM
This thread smells like 1950.

T-6005
12-08-2006, 04:07 PM
I like some of the comments too.

"Let me ask my wife to read this and when she tells me what she thinks I should think, I'll let you know what I think."

ninthlayer
12-08-2006, 04:16 PM
"If you were to slit my throat, and I choked up blood on your blouse, my last strain of breath would be an apology for spewing on your blouse"
That's Dashboard Confessional, and it's also utterly pathetic.
Actually, the line is:
The truth is that you could slit my throat and with my one last gasping breath I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt.

And it's by Taking Back Sunday.
And it's a really upbeat/cocky song.
And it's not serious (hi, the song is called You're So Last Summer).
And you're a fag.

//edit
This was my favorite part of that article:
Back in the Nineties, emboldened by the successes of feminism, women sought to slay the dragon of patriarchy by turning men into ridiculous cissies who would cry with them through chick-flicks and then cook up a decent lasagne.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Actually, the line is:
The truth is that you could slit my throat and with my one last gasping breath I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt.

And you're a fag.

I used to love that song, lolz. I have a hard time telling when TBS is serious and not, though.

Rag Doll
12-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Actually, the line is:

And you're a fag.

<3sean.

havent read the article yet. sounds amusing though. *goes to read*

Sin Studly
12-08-2006, 05:03 PM
It's ridiculous and stupid, it actually claims the female orgasm exists.

wheelchairman
12-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Sean, my friend thinks it's serious, and finds it beautiful. Definitely pathetic.

Also, TBS is gay. Go back to Gwar faggot.

ninthlayer
12-08-2006, 05:20 PM
I've been really into David Bowie lately. I haven't listened to much TBS since last summer (lol?) and never got into anything beyond Tell All Your Friends.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Well, that's logical because their other two albums blow chunks.

JohnnyNemesis
12-08-2006, 06:02 PM
All of their albums fucking blow, faggots.

I've been really into David Bowie lately.

This is perfectly acceptable, except for the whole dripping with whiteness thing.

ninthlayer
12-08-2006, 06:13 PM
David Bowie is dripping with whiteness? News to me.

JohnnyNemesis
12-08-2006, 06:16 PM
His fanbase mostly, not necessarily the music. And whiteness as a state of mind (read: bitchmade mothafuckas!!!), not necessarily skin color.

Point is, you're a fag come take some luv from me.

ninthlayer
12-08-2006, 06:44 PM
lol, 'k.

Sin Studly
12-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Whiteness is blood, not skin colour. The day I accept the French as white will be a cold day in Hell.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 06:50 PM
All of their albums fucking blow, faggots.

the first one was not good. The other two fucking blow.

Whiteness is blood, not skin colour. The day I accept the French as white will be a cold day in Hell.

agreed.

Mota Boy
12-09-2006, 02:22 AM
My theorem: this amplifies "real men", as now men have added barriers to entry on women. It's no longer just saying "I have a job" that gets you a chick, now you have to be multidimensional - some of smart, some of succcessful, some of good looking and some of suave. Personally, I like the new balance.

Sin Studly
12-09-2006, 02:26 AM
I generally agree with that, although I must say that article was ruined by the guy basically using it to brag about fucking his wife. Why oh why must the English ruin everything decent and true by having absolutely no fucking class whatsoever?

calichix
12-09-2006, 03:06 AM
I hate how when you go into an auto shop everyone's like "cha-ching" cause you're a lady. then you get ripped off, because women know fuckall about cars. even if they sort of do.

Sin Studly
12-09-2006, 03:09 AM
I hate how a woman's response to getting ripped off in auto shops is to whine and sob about sexism instead of actually going and learning enough about cars that they won't get ripped off next time.

calichix
12-09-2006, 03:12 AM
I hate how it doesn't matter how much you know about cars, you're still gonna get ripped off cause no one takes it seriously when a woman complains about getting ripped off by an auto shop.

JoY
12-09-2006, 04:11 AM
I hate how it doesn't matter how much you know about cars, you're still gonna get ripped off cause no one takes it seriously when a woman complains about getting ripped off by an auto shop.

AND soccer.

the other day I was going home from uni with a friend of mine (total soccerfreak, he's in cast lately due to that) & a friend of his (machoman, tried to hit on me, made me uncomfortable). they talked about soccer all the freaking time & I knew every player they discussed from seeing games. since I know fieldsports & the rules (played fieldhockey for a very long time), I can talk about it, but it's just going to sound.. ungirly. manly. & no guy likes that, so they rather not hear it.
at some point they were discussing a Dutch player & I mumbled; "he's arrogant"
machoman; "sorry?"
me; "his game, he plays an arrogant, selfish game & never passes the ball when he's got it"
machoman to friend; "*turns away, seemingly ignores what I said* like you know, the guy is arrogant, you know. just look at his game."

& when we discussed Edwin v/d Sar (who I lovingly called "Sarrie" when I was little), I said he's one great fucking goalie & he was like; "well, everyone knows that." & I said I always admired him when I was still a goalie in fieldhockey & suddenly he's all; "oh, you know what you're talking about?"

as for cars, I don't know much about cars, but a tiny bit. my brother is a technical freak & he can take a car apart, as well as entirely put it together from scratch. when we were little, all that could make me sleep was music (my mother's piano music, preferably, but she quit & then I didn't sleep for 6 weeks) & all that could make my brother sleep as a baby, was a carride. just to sketch how mad he is about those things.

in my youth I heard a thing or two about cars, but when my boyfriend & one of his friends are talking about the subject, I just KNOW I've got to stay out of it, because no one is going to even listen to what I say. even also when it's about F1, which I know more about than my boyfriend (he never watches that shit, I was forced to see it my entire youth), I should just shut up for my own good. my boyfriend knows jack shit about cars, it's completely funny!

it's just all such a big SIGH. & at the same time it's so extremely cute men like to keep us women as female, girly, ignorant on technical jazz & sports & oestrogenal as possible, when they also want a "tough" girl, who is as much into sex & sextalk as them & has the same raunchy sense of humour.

Sin Studly
12-09-2006, 04:15 AM

If you knew dick about cars, you wouldn't get ripped off in the first place and wouldn't have to complain. Mechanics make comments and ask a few questions to everybody who sets foot in their shop to try and figure out how much they know and how much they can gouge you. If they assume you know dick because you're a woman, it isn't hard to make a few comments that let them know that you know about cars.

JoY
12-09-2006, 04:22 AM
but the guy you go to the auto shop with will completely overrule you anyway & hush you, or else the mechanic is going to think he isn't manly.

Sin Studly
12-09-2006, 04:25 AM
Then threaten to take your business elsewhere. Is that so fucking hard?

JoY
12-09-2006, 04:31 AM
Ouh-ell, I should say that getting to know cars is a prerequisite if you want to pass your driving license over here. They do not ask us to be mechanics, but damn near. You have to open the hood & explain every thing you can see, how you can replace things, etc. And the spare wheel, & the bulbs & this & that, it drives me crazy. All I like when driving is speed, but that is impossible with the examinator next to me. I cannot wait till I actually take the exam, I've postponed it till after New Year... They say I could take it, but then I might shit myself. So better wait a bit. When I do have this licence, I'll rush home, grab my dad by his sleeve & cry out "I want to drive your mercedes! let me drive your mercedes!!!" & he'll slap me & tell me to shut up... he'll never let me drive his car... *cries* oh, perhaps he would, if he's euphoric about sth or other, if he's had his booze... I just mustn't catch him in a bad mood...

it's the same here. I did my exam more than once, because I'm a retarded, tensed fucking nervewreck when it comes to examinations. every single time I had a male examinator, he asked me to open the hood & asked me with a voice like I was a 10 year old with a chromosome too many; "and do you know where the oil goes into?" I like to confirm a certain view, so then I'd reply with my sweetest, most blondest voice; "isn't it.. there?" & then he'd reply; "yes, very good! shall we get into the car & see how the big lights work?"

holy shit.

my dad lets me drive his car, but that's because his driving is the worst of the entire family. he's a great driver, but he just doesn't give a shit about material, value & isn't too careful when he drives. he once had a whiplash & has a difficult back & now never turns his head when driving. that's just one example. plus, he likes to sit in the back, be chauffeured & fall asleep with a newspaper on his lap. he's like me; he falls asleep about anywhere that's mildly relaxing.

JoY
12-09-2006, 04:36 AM
Then threaten to take your business elsewhere. Is that so fucking hard?

yes, because as I said; it's kind of cute. it's like men's terrain & you can't touch it, or else they'll feel less of a man, or think of you as less of a female. you find your way around it eventually. just let him do the talking, find something you like, act like you have no idea what you're pointing at, like you're some little girl in a beauty shop, or a candy store & let them inform you & eventually they'll get so caught up in their mantalk & get all enthusiastic, that before you know it you'll have it your way.

JoY
12-09-2006, 04:57 AM
I always failed my driving exam with remarks like; "you didn't have a good overview at that one turn" & "you looked in your mirror too much". never did I get a good, solid reason for failing. never did I fail for actually doing something *wrong*. so, so frustrating.

JoY
12-09-2006, 05:05 AM
it's baby pink here too! aw, I guess they did consider the female touch when they made licenses.

Sin Studly
12-09-2006, 05:34 AM
yes, because as I said; it's kind of cute.

If you think that's cute enough to pay $1200 for, don't blame the man. Blame yourself for being a stupid woman.

killer_queen
12-09-2006, 05:40 AM
To be fair, pink suits men very much. I love the Lacoste polo shirts for men, & especially bordeaux, black & pink. My bf wears white, blue, striped & pink shirts for his job. The pink shirt enhances his complexion, making it more rosy, & enhances the chest-complexion, too, when he unbuttons it. The colour gets reflected on the skin, in a way. It's lovely, elegant.
I disagree. Pink and black looks very weird on men, in my opinion. Actually pink doesn't look good on most ofthe people. Especially on the ones who don't have bright skin.

By the way, I hate Lacoste shirts. I don't know about France but it's a way of saying "Check out the crocodile on my shirt! I'm rich baby!!1" here. Dis-gus-ting.

Sin Studly
12-09-2006, 06:53 AM
Ostentatious displays of supposed richness are better achieved by buying $15 faux-fur coats from the local salvation army.

killer_queen
12-09-2006, 07:43 AM
200$ or something. It might not sounds expensive for you but Christ, they're just shirts and people pay for the little crocodile not for the shirt. I used to get my tennis shoes from Lacoste but people who wear them annoyed me so much that I stopped wearing them.

Sin Studly
12-09-2006, 07:55 AM
But you can cheat on fur (90% ppl do) but you cannot on the Lacoste's croco.

I could get you a counterfeit Lacoste for $30, fool.

Sin Studly
12-09-2006, 08:06 AM
To the bruce
Fool? I, a fool? Perhaps you, as a native Bruce, cannot tell the diff between a counterfeit & a genuine Lacoste croco, but I, as a native French woman, can.

Riiiight, just like all men can spot transvestites. How many times in your life have you seen a counterfiet Lacoste?

calichix
12-09-2006, 10:56 AM
If you knew dick about cars, you wouldn't get ripped off in the first place and wouldn't have to complain. Mechanics make comments and ask a few questions to everybody who sets foot in their shop to try and figure out how much they know and how much they can gouge you. If they assume you know dick because you're a woman, it isn't hard to make a few comments that let them know that you know about cars.

yeah everyone who's ever gone into an auto shop has had that genius idea. it only makes it worse because they're peeved that a woman is trying to talk to them about cars. it's like bella and the soccer. women shouldn't know about cars. only if you go in with a savvy looking man or befriend one of the wokers will you get the stamp of approval.

by the way, heterosexual men shouldn't wear pink unless it's hot pink in a 90s retrospectacular kind of way.

Sin Studly
12-09-2006, 10:57 AM
What a question. As in, I should give a precise number?

If you are questioning my ability to tell the difference (from upclose, that is) why don't you say so? It doesn't bother me that you should question it. *shrugs* I'm above that.

But yes, I must say it is fairly easy to tell, all the more so as my father has been wearing those polos for more than twenty years. Namely, he's worn them before I was born, like his giorgio armani jeans. (marketing, marketing: note the quality! & the colours they have not faded). So I could tell the diff without thinking, by instinct. Usually it's simply the croco that differs, when it's badly placed it's also likely to be different.

What's with the transvestite analogy? Transvestites are equally easy to spot, usually. Everyone turns their heads when they see a transvo walk.

Right, you're a fucking idiot. Yes, give a precise number. We already know that precise number is zero.

And the transvestite analogy is ; all men claim they can spot a tranny until the chick they go home with turns out to have a dick. There are plenty of trannies so hideous you know they're trannies. There are plenty more you just assume are women, and never ever know better.