PDA

View Full Version : emulator games

Llamas
12-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Another video game thread... since venom recommended I dl a SNES emulator... well, I already own a PS and a PSII, so no emulator needed. I have a sega genesis emulator (on which I play lion king ALL the time)... so I guess I'll get an SNES and N64 emulator.

I've barely played anything on either system (super mario world on SNES and mario kart and wave race on N64). I was wondering if anyone could recommend games I should get for either. I'd like to get maybe 10 games for each... I don't want to get too many, cause I don't have time to devote to trying out hundreds of games... but I'd looooove suggestions.

Thanks!

mrconeman
12-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Snes games that any self respecting human being should own:
Street Fighter 2 Turbo (FUCKING WIN)
Zelda: A Link to The Past
Sunset Riders.
Super Metriod.
Mario Kart.
F-Zero.

I'll add more later.

All About Eve
12-08-2006, 07:38 PM
SNES: Anything with Megaman or Ninja Gaiden, FF6/4, Earthbound (I think is SNES?). and Breath of Fire.

N64: Star Fox is the only game you'll ever need.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 07:42 PM
Street Fighter 2 Turbo (FUCKING WIN)
oooh, love street fighter for sega. will have to check that out.

Zelda: A Link to The Pastwill check out... I need to check out more link/zelda games.

Sunset Riders. any different from the sega genesis version? Cause I adore that game for SG, and I always thought it was severely underrated... you are a cowboy and you collect gold and shoot people, yes? train level = kick ass.

Super Metriod. what's that??

Mario Kart. they made that for snes? wouldn't the n64 version be better, though?

F-Zero.
and what's that?

SNES: Anything with Megaman or Ninja Gaiden, FF6/4, Earthbound (I think is SNES?). and Breath of Fire.

N64: Star Fox is the only game you'll ever need.

Mmm, which megaman games? I played megaman on gameboy years ago... I liked it... what's ninja gaiden?

I don't like FF enough, so I won't check those out.

what are earthbound, breath of fire, and star fox?

WebDudette
N64: The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye, Rampage, Mario 64, Starfox 64.

SNES: Come to think of it the only game I ever really played on my SNES was Super Mario. Or the only one I remeber atleast. Oh yes, and definetly check out the Megaman games. I don't remember witch ones I had so can't specifically recomend them.

nieh
SNES
Chrono Trigger (though you already have a PS, it was re-released on that) One of the better RPGs ever
Secret of Mana - Another good RPG
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - It's a Zelda game

N64
Super Smash Bros. (which I prefer over the Gamecube version by far) - crazy 4-way brawling between a bunch of Nintendo characters
Goldeneye (the multiplayer was a lot of fun, I was never huge on single player though so I'm not sure how worthwhile it would be to get for an emulator) FPS based on the 007 movie
F-Zero X - High speed racing game.
Mario Kart 64 (even though you've already played it)
Star Fox 64 - a flying game
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Another Zelda game.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Alright... a way to avoid my confusion and reduce my questions... can people give a brief explanation as to the plot and type of each game they mention? I haven't heard of half of these games. :-/

nieh
12-08-2006, 07:45 PM
I forgot Super Metroid. That = very good. As was the original F-Zero but I think I preferred the 64 version of that.

Regarding Super Mario Kart, I'm one of the few people I know that thinks the N64 version was the best one (they've had one on SNES, N64, Gamecube and one of the portable systems).

Super Metroid is a 2-d action/adventure thing. It's quite good. It's part of a series (the original was on NES, there was one or two released on Gamecube as well but those were first-person)

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 07:46 PM
I had a couple emulators before. I don't really like them. Mabey if I had a controller instead of a keyboard.

@ Nieh: I really liked the single player on Goldeneye, especially trying to beat Secret Agent and 00 Agent levels. I also liked SSBM a ton more then Super Smash Bros.

All About Eve
12-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Goldeneye is way too hard to play on an emu unless you have a controller that you can use.

Breath of Fire and Earthbound are RPGs, Star Fox is awesome incarnate, any Megaman Games, and Ninja Gaiden is hard to describe.

Venom Symbiote
12-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Yep. I like the N64 too, but the SNES was the hey-day of gaming, no doubt about it. Maaan, I still remember when Sega was like the enemy, you were either a "Nintendo kid" or a "Sega kid".

...Then Sony came around and the two groups joined forces and referred to each other as pretty-much "the respectable allies". Heh. Fighting the greater evil. It became acceptable for Nintendo kids to play Sega's new Saturn machine, and the Sega kids were getting into SNES titles.

Coneman has the right idea here with his game selections.

Fighting:
- Street Fighter 2
- Mortal Kombat (original)
- Killer Instinct

Platformers/Adventure:
- Donkey Kong Country (1, 2, and 3)
- Super Mario World
- Super Metroid
- Zelda: A Link To The Past

RPGs:
- Final Fantasy series
- Terranigma
- Super Mario RPG (made by Square)
- Earthbound
- Secret Of Mana

Shooters:
- Contra

Racing:
- F-Zero
- Mario Kart

...And many many more. :p

Just get Zelda for the moment, though. It's still the essential game of that platform.

Then go play Ocarina, start to finish, best game experience ever. It just draws you in and doesn't let go until you beat the fucking thing.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Mabey if I had a controller instead of a keyboard.

I agree fully on this. Someday, I might just sell my PS and PSII... and just get emulators for all of them and then get a control for each system. I haaaate the keyboard gameplay... but going upstairs to play is just ridiculous! This way, I can listen to music, and pause the game now and then to interact with people over AIM or whatever. :)

EDIT: venom... I was an NES and Gameboy fan... but then with sega, I was totally a sega kid and never got into SNES. From then on, I was anti-nintendo, haha. The Wii is the first system since then that's grabbed my attention.

mrconeman
12-08-2006, 07:49 PM
any different from the sega genesis version? Cause I adore that game for SG, and I always thought it was severely underrated... you are a cowboy and you collect gold and shoot people, yes? train level = kick ass.
That's the one, it was my favourite child-hood game along with Street Fighter, simply put, it's fucking awesome. I think the Genesis and Snes versions are probably identical though. If you don't still have it on Sega I still reccomend downloading, even only for the nostalgia factor, it's one of those games that after having as a kid, then downloading years later on emulator I wasn't even slightly dissapointed, I still play it on a daily basis almost.

what's that??
Overall one of the best things on the snes. A platform game set in space, you shoot-down aliens and upgrade your suit/guns and what not. It's much more deep than other run around shooting things games though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Metroid

they made that for snes? wouldn't the n64 version be better, though?
It was on the Nes and SNES, I've played every Mario Kart there is and hold the snes version as the greatest of them all, but maybe that's because I played it since childhood. Definatly worth checking out though, even if you do it after you're done with whatever games you decide on getting.

and what's that?
A 'futuristic' racing game. Thats how the future looked in the early 90's apparently. It was the first game to move that fast I'm lead to believe.
Or it did something innovative anyway

EDIT: on the controller thing, only Neanderthals didn't use controllers on their emulators. I connect my PS2 control to my USB, and my PC to my TV. It's the ultimate emulation experience.

Venom Symbiote
12-08-2006, 07:57 PM
F-Zero was the first "3D" racer, yeah. Even though it was a form of fake-3D, rotoscoping or some shit, the same technology they used with the add-on chip in Star Fox.

I'll just reiterate for Llamas, just get the Zelda games for both emulators to start with. There's nothing that surpasses those in quality for either machine (well, maybe Super Metroid beats out SNES Zelda, but they're both amazing), and they're great starting points for games, the best of the best.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 08:01 PM
venom, I'm going to download everything at once. This isn't like I'm gonna dl some now and some later. I'm gonna read all the suggestions in here, then download the emulators and the games that sound the best.

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 08:01 PM
New post with N64 descriptions. I'am to young to remember my SNES well enough.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: You start out a kid link in a villiage of fairies, you are asked by the Great Deku Tree to save Hyrule. You go through three temples as a child and get three stones you use to open the temple of time. You can then become an adult and can move on to 6(?) other temples. One of witch you do as a child and one of witch you do and an adult and child. All of the temples are like puzzles and you have to solve them to get to the boss, after beating the boss you get a token or stone. When you have all of them you can gain access to the main bosses castle and have to complete 6(?) mini-temple things. Then you gain access to his lair, and save Zelda.

Goldeneye: Have you seen the move? It's the same story line. There are several levels that require you to do sometimes 1-2 missions some times several to complete them. There are three diffrent difficulties Agent wich is normal, Secret Angent witch is more difficult and may have you complete more missions to complete the level and 00 agent witch is as hard as it gets and may add even more missions to one level.

Rampage: You pick a monster and destroy cities. Getting your special food gives you full health. There are also power ups that help you destory faster.

Mario 64: There are a ton of levels each of witch have various tasks for you to complete. If you complete a task inside the level you get a star, after getting so many stars you can go to various Bowser levels and fight the giant turtle himself.

Starfox 64: I hardly remember this game but it is great. You fly around in a space ship blowing stuff up for the most part. You also get a tank in one of the levels.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Pilz-E: I still don't get goldeneye... are you like, a character roaming in a 3d world? is it like mario/zelda stuff? I've not seen the movie, either. how do you complete missions? is it like shooting/destroying? or saving people? or driving cars?

oh rampage I'm very familiar with! got it for sega genesis and playstation. :) love it.

mario 64 is definitely on the list now!

spaceship/flying games have never been my thing... I'm not good at controlling things that fly, haha. I just suck at them and kinda find them boring. so I won't check out starfox.

PS: I didn't say anything before cause I thought it was just an error, but I've seen it a few times... but "witch" is a woman in all black who rides brooms... "which" is what you mean. :) Just wanted to point that out cause I'm a bitch!

nieh
12-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Pilz-E: I still don't get goldeneye... are you like, a character roaming in a 3d world? is it like mario/zelda stuff? I've not seen the movie, either. how do you complete missions? is it like shooting/destroying? or saving people? or driving cars?

It's a first person shooter where you essentially play as Bond through a dumbed down version of the movie's story. Every level has a different set of objectives you need to do (plant a bug on a computer and get out without dying, blow things up, take photos, find documents, whatever) with more objectives and enemies being added for the harder difficulties.

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 08:11 PM
It's appreciated actually. I knew I was using the wrong word but didn't bother to look it up.

In Goldeneye you are James Bond. Some missions have you save people, some have you get top secret information, some just have you escape alive. It's a FPS, you run around and kill people while trying to complete the mission. I think it's really fun.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 08:15 PM
ahhh... first person shooter is what I was looking for. I've played halo. is it like that? I'm not much of a fan of those kinds of games.

nieh
12-08-2006, 08:16 PM
No, it's actually good.

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah, just replace the Aliens with Russians and space with graveyards and top secret facilities and add a better storyline.

It's definetly not something for everyone.

Oh, and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 is one of my favorite games for N64 most people don't really like THPS1 though and not sure how good it would be as an emulator.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 08:30 PM
hmm... well goldeneye really doesn't sound like my thing :-/ but I love THPS. got all 3 for playstation :)

Paint_It_Black
12-08-2006, 08:31 PM
N64: The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye

I was going to say these two, and I still will since my opinion is more important.

I've never liked Nintendo. Don't know why really, just never have. I played the shit out of Sega though, then finally, sadly, moved onto Playstation.

Sunset Riders was fucking awesome. I played it over and over and over and over. I'd probably think it sucks now though.

Come hang out with me and play games I'm bored.

All About Eve
12-08-2006, 08:32 PM
spaceship/flying games have never been my thing... I'm not good at controlling things that fly, haha. I just suck at them and kinda find them boring. so I won't check out starfox.
Cast level 9 spell: AUTOFAIL!

Llamas
12-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I was going to say these two, and I still will since my opinion is more important.

I've never liked Nintendo. Don't know why really, just never have. I played the shit out of Sega though, then finally, sadly, moved onto Playstation.

Sunset Riders was fucking awesome. I played it over and over and over and over. I'd probably think it sucks now though.

Come hang out with me and play games I'm bored.

I'd still hate them, even if it is your opinion. :)

and I was a sega -> ps kid, too. :)

and sunset riders STILL rocks. I had people over in summer of 2005 and we played that game for like 4 hours.

And I wanna come play games cause I'm bored, too.

Apathy
12-08-2006, 09:33 PM
I just downloaded a game boy emulator and I've been addicted to Pokemon for the last few days.

Haha, I honestly forgot how fun it is. Now I know why I was obsessed about all those years ago.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 09:34 PM
oooh yes, *pulls out gameboy* I forgot about you!

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Blue and Silver are the best versions ever!

Venom Symbiote
12-08-2006, 09:44 PM
The original Blue/Red Pokemon games were actually really fuckin' rad. I was never real big on the "collecting" aspect of it though, I think I just built up 10 or 15 to high-ass levels and beat it that way (storyline, not the "collecting them all" thingie, Mew and shit).

Yeah, Goldeneye I don't think you should bother with on an emulator. It's one quality-ass game, but it's more of a multiplayer "gather four people around the TV and deathmatch each other until your eyes bleed" sort of dealio. Single player is fun, but probably only worthwhile with a TV and actual N64 controller.

Zelda on the other hand probably translates very well to a PC experience, and I know for a fact the SNES games do (Super Metroid is almost as good just with the directional keyboard arrows and a few buttons).

Oh, oh, oh! *raises hand* Maximum Carnage. I fucking forgot. And Final Fight. BRAWLERS! :) Final Fight is great fun, if a little repetitive, but Maximum Carnage is deeper and has better gameplay and return value, it's fun to play through more than once. It's a kind of side-scrolling Spiderman game (works like...Mario or Sonic, etc - left-to-right), but a fighting emphasis instead of platforming. You get to play as either Spidey or Venom, beating up common street thugs to a rad rock music (Green Jelly!) soundtrack, eventually fighting supervillain bosses and defeating Carnage.

It's tits, seriously. A kind of "B-game" like a "B-movie", but it's very very fun. Difficult, though.

Apathy
12-08-2006, 09:45 PM
I had Red, Blue, and Yellow.

Yellow always pissed me off because I can't stand Pikachu. The little bastard won't evolve.

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 09:51 PM
I had yellow for a while, I got blue again because Pikachu following me around pissed me off.

I did the same Venom I had about a total of 20 pokemon and just made them really strong.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Only pokemon game I ever played was the pinball game.

Apathy
12-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Which was also very fun. I sucked at it however.

I actually got my mom hooked on Pokemon. She had her own game boy and everything at the time.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 09:55 PM
I saw some like 70 year old woman on the bus yesterday... she had a sweater and a cane... and a gameboy advance SP... I loled... but not out loud. I laughed in my head. A lot.

WebDudette
12-08-2006, 09:56 PM
If I'm thinking of the right pinball game then I agree it's fun as hell.

Llamas
12-08-2006, 09:58 PM
I've never played a pinball game I didn't love. But Sonic Spinball is the winner.

Austin Powers Pinball for Playstation is damn awesome, too!

Venom Symbiote
12-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Heh. Now I'm thinking of that Southpark episode.

"Chinpokomon! Destroy the evil powah! Ichi-ni-san-shi! Ichi-ni-san-shi!"

Bwahahaha. Awesome-o.

FrancoDaHui
12-08-2006, 10:37 PM

but ninja gaiden is for NES, not SNES :(

god i love the ninja gaiden saga.....anyway, for the snes these are the classics (at least for me)

chrono trigger
battletoads & doubledragon
mario kart
yoshi's island
megaman X (and any sequel)
f zero
starfox
mario rpg

and if you're lucky and like rpgs, search for Bahamut Lagoon, that game kicks major ass

Venom Symbiote
12-08-2006, 10:39 PM
BATTLE-the-fuck-TOADS!

My memory sucks so so badly!

Battletoads was godly. Battletoads & Maximum Carnage: best side-scrolling beat-em-ups ever. Final Fight and Double Dragon were cool, but a little "same-y".

Llamas
12-08-2006, 10:41 PM
"same-y".

there's a word for that... it's called "similar". :)

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Yeah, but using existing words makes you un-cool. :p :cool:

Llamas
12-09-2006, 12:56 AM
you use existing words all the time... like in just that last post. ;)

mrconeman
12-09-2006, 04:16 AM
I also suggest convincing a friend to get the same emulator and games as you and playing with them online.
You do it all from inside both your emulators, I do it with friends occasionally, it's extreme fun, especially as you each get a full screen to yourselves in your own homes instead of split screen stuff.

Sinister
12-09-2006, 04:39 AM
Forgive me if it's already been said, but it's worth saying again as I'd quote it for truth if I found it. Earthbound is an RPG set in the 1990's (says 199X in intro). And it's incredibly full of win.

wheelchairman
12-09-2006, 04:45 AM
Games I enjoyed on both systems:

N64:
Goldeneye - You are James Bond in the worlds most famous first person shooter. The graphics are awkward and grainy in comparison to todays standards. And not everything looks like it should. But it's you who is running around and shooting people, and it's a lot of fun.

Starfox 64 - The sequel to the Super Nintendo game. Starfox 64 is where you are a fighter pilot, and your home star system is being invaded or something. And you gotta fight back. Quite a lot of fun but difficult to keep up with.

Oh wait those were the *only* two games I played on N64.

SNES:
Super Mario World, self explanatory
Mario RPG - It's a role playing game based on Mario. I never really played it, but the idea was always interesting.
Legend of Zelda, this game was really neat.
Super Metroids- If it's anything like Metroids Prime. Then a race of aliens called Metroids has invaded your home planet and is evil, and you must kill them. And the way that guy from halo looks, is exactly like the main character. And Halo is a good game btw.
Final Fantasy 2-6- Back when they were made for men.
Star Trek- There was a Star Trek game made for SNES, several in fact. I never played them but the idea is kind of amusing.

hm anyways I'm out of ideas. they also made a Terminator 2 game for SNES.

nieh
12-09-2006, 06:50 AM
(Green Jelly!)

I used to listen to Cereal Killers all the time when I was a kid. According to Wikipedia, Danny Carey and Maynard James Kenan from Tool were both in the band for a while.

Harnum
12-09-2006, 08:52 AM
SNES - I think you should try Harvest Moon. I really enjoyed that game. Chrono Trigger is a great RPG as said by everyone else. Also, on another note, I still have a working NES! I was playing it yesterday. One push of the button and it works.

Prox
12-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Mi hermano descargó el emulador y trabaja suprisingly bien.

wheelchairman
12-09-2006, 09:09 AM
My friends were wild about Seventh Saga back in the day.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 02:04 PM
I also suggest convincing a friend to get the same emulator and games as you and playing with them online.
You do it all from inside both your emulators, I do it with friends occasionally, it's extreme fun, especially as you each get a full screen to yourselves in your own homes instead of split screen stuff.

I really doubt any of my friends would do this. I'm actually probably insane for doing it. Basically, my friends are all atleast as busy as I am, only they're smarter than I am and rarely ever even turn on their computers, haha. Plus, if my friends and I have freetime at the same time, we're more likely to hang out in real life.

Jakebert
12-09-2006, 04:24 PM
3 games that have already been mentioned, but I want to re-mention them because of their greatness:

Yoshi's Island. Really, really simple and childish, but really fun.

Donkey Kong Country. One of the best games ever. I'm not one of those people that get into games, but I played this for about 3 months straight when I was like 8, and did the same thing when I got it on my emulator.

Donkey Kong Country 2. Just as fun as the first, but longer.

Don't get DKC3. It sucks compared to the first 2.

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Eh, it doesn't suck, Jakebert. It's a little different, but it's still a quality title. The first two are definitely better though.

Yeah, Nieh, I knew about that. Those guys were fucking wacky back in the day. Heh, their videoclips never ceased to amaze me. "Not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin!" - giggletastic.

And Sinister's right, Earthbound (or "Mother" as it's known in Japan, some of the emulators may have it listed as that I guess) is one of the best games ever made.

Harvest Moon is rad fun too, although the newer post-SNES versions are more expansive and just generally better.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Okay, I'm going to get an emulator for both now. The games I'm gonna get are:

SNES:
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Zelda- A Link to the Past
Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Megaman X
Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2

N64:
Legend of Zelda- Ocarina of Time
Mario 64
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 64

Any other games people mentioned either: I already have on another system, sound really lame (or not my kinda game), or weren't explained well enough for me to be interested in.

This is what I'll get for now. I'll give reactions later. Thanks, guys!!

Jakebert
12-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Eh, it doesn't suck, Jakebert. It's a little different, but it's still a quality title. The first two are definitely better though.

All of the little side-quests on the maps were just annoying and pointless. That's fine for some games, but in a Donkey Kong game it's just kind of out of place. And I really didn't like Kiddy Kong, they should have brought back Donkey Kong as a playable character again or something.

All About Eve
12-09-2006, 07:19 PM
There were Donkey Kong Island games for N64?

And by Yoshi's Ilsand do you mean Yoshi Story?

!!!!! I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT PAPER MARIO WHICH IS A FUCKING AWESOME MARIO RPG GAME !!!!!

Llamas
12-09-2006, 07:36 PM
There were Donkey Kong Island games for N64?

And by Yoshi's Ilsand do you mean Yoshi Story?

I don't know. A lot of people who talked about games didn't say which systems they were for, and I meant Yoshi's Island, which was from Jakebert's post.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 07:38 PM
3 games that have already been mentioned, but I want to re-mention them because of their greatness:

Yoshi's Island. Really, really simple and childish, but really fun.

Donkey Kong Country. One of the best games ever. I'm not one of those people that get into games, but I played this for about 3 months straight when I was like 8, and did the same thing when I got it on my emulator.

Donkey Kong Country 2. Just as fun as the first, but longer.

Don't get DKC3. It sucks compared to the first 2.

This is the post I was referring to with both the DK games and yoshi's island. I guess jakebert didn't say what system they were for, and I assumed N64.

Jakebert
12-09-2006, 07:51 PM
I should have clarified. Those are all SNES games. There is a Donkey Kong 64, but I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Okay I edited my post. Now I need more N64 games. :-P

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Don't bother with DK64. It's decent, but is basically Mario 64 with monkeys.

Banjo Kazooie is worth a look though, made by the same folks. Fun game.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Alright, I got all the games I said I would, and the mario games came in one huge packets with emulators for gameboy, nes, snes, and n64, plus like every mario game for all those systems. the N64 emulator doesn't work, though.

I played donkey kong country... really fun so far.

street fighter turbo... I thought street fighter was a game where you... oh shit, I just realized I was thinking of double dragon. lolz. maybe it'll grow on me. :)

Played mario kart for gameboy advance. fun game, but hard to control on a keyboard.

That's all I've played so far. :)

Lodat225
12-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Wait, in the computer? How?

Played mario kart for gameboy advance. fun game, but hard to control on a keyboard.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 09:40 PM
I downloaded a GBA emulator?

Lodat225
12-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Oh, didn't know.

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, you don't know much. As previously proven.

T-6005
12-09-2006, 10:08 PM
I have Project 64, which works with most games.

I've always wanted to try a N64 flying game besides Rogue Squadron and Star Fox, though. Any recommendations with working ROMs for something fun to pass the time?

Llamas
12-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Thanks, I'm getting project 64 now. :)

Mota Boy
12-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Let's see, when I got an SNES simulator, I downloaded Super Mario World, Chronotrigger and F-Zero. That's basically all you need.

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Let's see, when I got an SNES simulator, I downloaded Super Mario World, Chronotrigger and F-Zero. That's basically all you need.

Lies, all lies. The SNES has about 500 must-have titles. Hippy.

T-6005, Rogue Squadron and Star Fox pretty-much have the N64's flying games covered. Pilot Wings too, I guess, but the former two are the elite of that entire generation (regardless of platform).

Mota Boy
12-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Actually, I'd say all that you'd need was F-Zero, but I thought the other two rounded it out fairly nicely.

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah, but then again you're an ignorant turd.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 11:21 PM

too late, already downloaded all the SNES games I want.

Jakebert
12-10-2006, 08:26 AM

Wait, you got a GBA emulator? Where? I've been looking for one that doesn't suck for a while now.

wheelchairman
12-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Big news everybody, I've decided to buy a Super Nintendo. Fuck emulators!

Llamas
12-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Wait, you got a GBA emulator? Where? I've been looking for one that doesn't suck for a while now.

I found it on bittorrent. PM me your email your AIM or MSN and I"ll send it to ya. :)

Idiot
12-10-2006, 02:20 PM
I've got some emulators around somewhere. Great fun to mess around with. GoldenEye for one!

Mota Boy
12-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah, but then again you're an ignorant turd.
I'm an efficient zen master who leads a life uncluttered by mindless greed, foo'.

All About Eve
12-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Visual Boy Advance is a good GBA emu.

Venom Symbiote
12-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Big news everybody, I've decided to buy a Super Nintendo. Fuck emulators!

I'm going to give you a big virtual hug.

Heh. I've still got one too, could never part with that baby. Not even sure it still works anymore, it probably does.

wheelchairman
12-11-2006, 02:33 AM
You never know with Nintendo. You can put it in the washing machine and it'll be fine. Put it in the closet for a month, and you'll never see it work again.

bdexterholland
12-11-2006, 09:31 AM
oooh, love street fighter for sega. will have to check that out.

will check out... I need to check out more link/zelda games.

any different from the sega genesis version? Cause I adore that game for SG, and I always thought it was severely underrated... you are a cowboy and you collect gold and shoot people, yes? train level = kick ass.

what's that??

they made that for snes? wouldn't the n64 version be better, though?

and what's that?

Mmm, which megaman games? I played megaman on gameboy years ago... I liked it... what's ninja gaiden?

I don't like FF enough, so I won't check those out.

what are earthbound, breath of fire, and star fox?

Sorry about revive this post but i need to comment this....

HEY WHERE DO YOU LIVED AT 90' ???

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You didn´t met Superm metroid-Mega Man-Super Mario Kart!

Take easy,....

pretty_fly_white_guy858
04-15-2007, 02:52 PM
*bump*
Sorry to bring back this thread, but I just downloaded an N64 emulator called Mupen. And I'd like to know what are some good sites to download games from for it..thanks

Grabbal
04-15-2007, 02:54 PM
I think THIS (http://romhustler.net/) site might work.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
04-15-2007, 03:06 PM
I went to that link and I got the game that I want, and now its been saying downloading for the past ten minutes without opening any new windows?

Jakebert
04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't use romhustler. Their files usually are corrupt.

Also, N64 games are not fun on emulators because they're difficult to control. Or that's what I found.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
04-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Hm..then what would be another good system emulator?

the_offsprings_monkey
04-15-2007, 03:28 PM
N64
Star Fox 64 - a flying game

Wasn't this game called Lylat wars?

0r4ng3
04-15-2007, 03:30 PM
It was called Star Fox 64 in the United States and Japan, and Lylat Wars everywhere else. I think.

Edit:
Star Fox 64 (スターフォックス 64, Sutā Fokkusu Rokujūyon?), known in Australia and Europe as Lylat Wars due to trademark issues,

the_offsprings_monkey
04-15-2007, 03:40 PM
It was called Star Fox 64 in the United States and Japan, and Lylat Wars everywhere else. I think.

Ahh cool, thanks for clearing that one up.

Sin Studly
04-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Hi ashley. Are you still with that girlfriend who came after kim?

pretty_fly_white_guy858
04-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Nobody answered my question..whats a good game emulator..im thinking maybe PS1?

XYlophonetreeZ
04-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I'd like to know what might be a good Game Boy emulator. Anyone? I wanna play some Super Mario Land.

Llamas
04-15-2007, 04:39 PM
VisualAdvance is the one I use, and I really like it. :)

XYlophonetreeZ
04-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Yay, thanks. It looks good, except... the ROM I downloaded for Super Mario Land 1 is only playing as a demo. Meaning I can't control anything. Is this just a problem with the ROM I downloaded, or is there some special way to start it for real that I'm just not understanding?

Llamas
04-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Hold on, I'll try it out.

It works perfectly fine for me. I can upload my Mario Land 1 game for you, if you want. Have you tried other games?

XYlophonetreeZ
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Nevermind, I was being stupid. Was trying to start the game with Spacebar instead of Enter. Works fine now.

WebDudette
12-15-2007, 06:12 PM
So I got a GBA emulator and Pokemon Red and I run at the speed of light. Is there a way to fix this? God know what will happen when I get a bike.

the_offsprings_monkey
12-28-2007, 10:02 AM
So I got a GBA emulator and Pokemon Red and I run at the speed of light. Is there a way to fix this? God know what will happen when I get a bike.

Either you've got the Emulators sound on mute, or you've put the frame skip on too high. Just fiddle around with the options until it works!