PDA

View Full Version : Lost (TV Show)..!*

bhg_rulz2
12-09-2006, 10:32 AM
well....i dont know why, but I find this show amazing, i love how the show makes you feel nervous or when something happens that shocks you...some people say it's boring watching a TV program of some guys trying to survive on the island....but damn..this is a great fucking drama-suspense series!...and the plot its so freaking good!..what do you think about it?

(i made this thread cuz i read the "prison break" one..<-- good show too):D

killer_queen
12-09-2006, 10:52 AM
I know, it's stupid but I'm gonna say search button. I wanted to make a thread about House and I didn't because there already was and this guy does it anyway although there are a couple of Lost threads.

But yeah, it's a good show. Makes me fucking nervous and curious on every episode. Seeing Sawyer topless is the most important thing that makes me watch it.

bhg_rulz2
12-09-2006, 01:49 PM
I know, it's stupid but I'm gonna say search button. I wanted to make a thread about House and I didn't because there already was and this guy does it anyway although there are a couple of Lost threads.

But yeah, it's a good show. Makes me fucking nervous and curious on every episode. Seeing Sawyer topless is the most important thing that makes me watch it.

yeah...makes me fucking nervous too.....haha sawyer is the funniest one!

Llamas
12-09-2006, 02:09 PM
We're in the middle of season 3 in the US... but they stopped airing the season on the 2nd week of November and are taking a really long break and then airing the rest of the season nonstop starting february 7th. I'm pissed because I'm leaving the country before then and Europe is a season behind, fags. :( And OMG did they ever make the last episode before the break the most suspenseful thing EVER! :(

Tijs
12-09-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm pissed because I'm leaving the country before then and Europe is a season behind, fags.We're fags indeed, I hate how everything over here is at least a season behind. But I always download the latest episodes from isohunt, from a lot of other shows too.
And Lost was at it's best in season 1, things are going too slow now..

Llamas
12-09-2006, 03:40 PM
in season 3?? season 3 started off slow... but holy shit!!! the last like 2 or 3 episodes were amazing!!!

Tijs
12-09-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't know... all I've seen is Jack doing some surgeries and Kate and Sawyer doing some work.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 03:51 PM
well all I saw in season one were people building a raft and some coccaine...

but seriously. the stuff with eko? and the stuff that's happened to sawyer? and wtf? second island? come on. intense.

Tijs
12-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah alright, obviously some more stuff happened, but it feels.. too simple. And I didn't really like all the spiritual stuff with Eko and John.

When they were on the second island you could clearly see the other island. Makes you wonder why they haven't seen it before.
The other half of the survivors were on the other side of the island.
When Micheal, Walt and Jin took out on the raft they current took them back to the island after they were far out, they could've seen it.
They went up to the high mountains to get a good signal.
They walked for hours over the beaches to both east and west.
That dude from the hatch took off on a boat and returned a few weeks later, he must've seen it while being out there.

Someone must've seen it, right?

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6545/pdvd013dm2.jpg

Llamas
12-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Wow, so Nina officially had better not read this thread now, lol.

And I'm 99% sure the island is a mirage.

When the others captured Hurley, Jack, Kate and Sawyer, they brought them to their area... then sent Hurley back to camp. Hurley made it. Without swimming several miles.

If the second island does exist, it's pretty much the biggest hole in the show's plot EVER. For the reasons you mentioned, plus the Hurley thing.

Oh, and Rousseau has been there ALL HER LIFE. She would know if there was another island.

And we know the Others are on the same island as the main characters because Rousseau fears them all the damn time. If they were on a second island, she wouldn't have all those traps set up for them and know when they are around.

Tijs
12-09-2006, 04:43 PM
No no, they took Sawyer there to show him that there were two island. They have boats. They're actually being held at the first island. So there IS a second island.

And I totally forgot about Rousseau. I thought she died, got shot?

Llamas
12-09-2006, 04:59 PM
wait, if they're on the same island they were before, what's the point in showing him the other island? Ben was saying that everyone else is on that other island, right? If they're all on the same island, the first island, what was the point in telling him that there's another island? If there's nobody on the other island, who cares?

And Rousseau isn't dead, she's still around. She's just psycho and they don't really wanna deal with her, haha.

Tijs
12-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Now I'm confused too. I'm going to watch that bit again.

edit: Yeah I think you're right. They're being held on the second island. Maybe they come up with an explanation in future episodes. I need something to drink.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 05:21 PM
lol ;) nah, it's complicated. And I think the others are full of it.

Not Ozymandias
12-09-2006, 07:00 PM
It sucks.

All About Eve
12-09-2006, 07:16 PM
It sucks.
I generally agree.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 07:35 PM
You're both generally wrong.

mrconeman
12-09-2006, 07:36 PM
You're both generally wrong.

I generally agree.

bhg_rulz2
12-10-2006, 01:28 AM
I generally agree.

me too...i agree...LOST rulz!

ninthlayer
12-10-2006, 02:04 AM
I only watch cancelled television shows.

Not Ozymandias
12-10-2006, 02:25 AM
I only watch pilots that were never made into series. From other countries.
Beat that.

Paint_It_Black
12-10-2006, 02:49 AM
Edit: I'll be decent enough to say right away that this could contain spoilers...

At first I thought it sucked. Then it seemed good. Now it sucks again.

I doubt whoever is in charge of this show actually knows much more about what's going on than I do. Which is not much.

Nothing is ever fully answered, questions just lead to more dumb questions, and when you even get a hint of an answer it's unfulfilling and it's been so long I just don't care anymore.

So, so, so very much of it is irrelevant. They play it out to fill time. They're stretching out a show that should have been done in two or three seasons because it's popular.

The flashbacks are lame. Painfully few of them actually matter as to our understanding of the character in their current setting. We get to sit and watch shit which has no bearing on current events but think hey, maybe in some way this is character building stuff, and then the character dies. Big waste of time. Anna Lucia and Eko are perfect examples of this. Plus, it's become utterly obvious when a character will die. As soon as they reach a certain point of clarity or redemption and have a long flashback...bye-bye.

Tijs is totally right that they should have seen this other island before.

The new characters are gay as hell. Mostly just because of the way they're being forced in. We're supposed to accept they've always been there, and they know the regulars. So why did we never, ever see them? If the creators of the show want to do that they should have had the foresight to at least show them a little bit in earlier seasons. Fucking lame.

There's plenty more I could bitch about but my whining is boring even me.

offspring_freak_3
12-10-2006, 02:54 AM
LOST is full of surprises and very confusing.

i think the other island might be the way out. but in the other hand, why would the others still be thre, i mean in the first island?

for what i remember when Henry (the others lider) gave that coordenades to Michael and Walt he said to follow it right and they would find another island that would be their way out (correct me if i'm wrong). so why the hell they stay there and keep the guys from the other side of the island there?!

one of the finests things in lost is that it's makes you think in a lot of possibilities and make crazy theories :p

I agree. those flashbacks sucks so much.

And that scene with Kate and Sawyer.... fuckin sexy.
by the way, Jack is an idiot, just in a small way when he said to kate leave. i really hope he kills ben, but i dunno if hes capable of it &#172;&#172;'

the_GoDdEsS
12-10-2006, 02:58 AM
I think it's recently started here and all the mediocre people watch it. Personally I have a strong dislike for things that get a big hype around them, I'm not sure why. But never having seen it or knowing what it is, I won't judge.

Llamas
12-10-2006, 03:00 AM
Edit: I'll be decent enough to say right away that this could contain spoilers...
I thought it was given in a thread about any tv show... but I did mention it in my post that contained spoilers.

Nothing is ever fully answered, questions just lead to more dumb questions, and when you even get a hint of an answer it's unfulfilling
that's part of the point... it won't all be explained until the end.

So, so, so very much of it is irrelevant. They play it out to fill time. They're stretching out a show that should have been done in two or three seasons because it's popular.
No, they apparently have known since day one how many seasons the show will be and had the plot laid out ahead of time.

The flashbacks are lame. Painfully few of them actually matter as to our understanding of the character in their current setting. We get to sit and watch shit which has no bearing on current events but think hey, maybe in some way this is character building stuff, and then the character dies. Big waste of time. Anna Lucia and Eko are perfect examples of this. Plus, it's become utterly obvious when a character will die. As soon as they reach a certain point of clarity or redemption and have a long flashback...bye-bye.
I get a lot out of the flashbacks. I think that Jin/Sun's flashbacks are great and really meaningful. I thought Eko's were great, too, as they explained who he used to be and that explained who he was before dying. I'm sure they'll go further into why he died and that kind of thing. Ana Lousia didn't have many flashbacks, and I think the main bit of her flashbacks were meeting Jack's dad.

Tijs is totally right that they should have seen this other island before.
That's why I'm pretty sure it's a mirage.

The new characters are gay as hell. Mostly just because of the way they're being forced in. We're supposed to accept they've always been there, and they know the regulars. So why did we never, ever see them? If the creators of the show want to do that they should have had the foresight to at least show them a little bit in earlier seasons. Fucking lame.
This is the only part of your post I agree with 100%. I hate the new characters, and I don't know anyone who likes them.

Llamas
12-10-2006, 03:05 AM
i think the other island might be the way out. but in the other hand, why would the others still be thre, i mean in the first island?
that's not what it is. the others are obviously not stranded, based on the fact that we saw their houses and that they have civilization and such.

for what i remember when Henry (the others lider) gave that coordenades to Michael and Walt he said to follow it right and they would find another island that would be their way out (correct me if i'm wrong). so why the hell they stay there and keep the guys from the other side of the island there?!
They weren't coordinates to the other island; they were coordinates to main land where they'd be saved.

one of the finests things in lost is that it's makes you think in a lot of possibilities and make crazy theories :p
You haven't come up with any theories, though... you've just been asking questions for people to answer...

And that scene with Kate and Sawyer.... fuckin sexy.
I hate Kate. She's a nothing character and she's only there to increase male viewing. She's boring and useless.

by the way, Jack is an idiot, just in a small way when he said to kate leave. i really hope he kills ben, but i dunno if hes capable of it '
He's an idiot for telling kate to run? what? why does that make him an idiot? He's trying to save her. And I don't know if he should kill Ben... I don't know if he should trust Juliette or not...

I think it's recently started here and all the mediocre people watch it. Personally I have a strong dislike for things that get a big hype around them, I'm not sure why. But never having seen it or knowing what it is, I won't judge.
I've always been one to check out stuff that's super-hyped with a LOT of skepticism. I almost always hate stuff that's so hyped up and I tend to be disappointed. This is the only case when I was proven wrong.

the_GoDdEsS
12-10-2006, 03:11 AM
Yeah, let's say I'm just assuming it sucks.

Paint_It_Black
12-10-2006, 03:19 AM
it won't all be explained until the end.

It will never all be explained. Remember I predicted that, ok?

I did mention it in my post that contained spoilers.

Want a cookie? :P

No, they apparently have known since day one how many seasons the show will be and had the plot laid out ahead of time.

Yeah, and Iraq had WMDs and we're all descened from Adam.

I get a lot out of the flashbacks.

That's great for you, but they're still irrelevant. And vague promises of it all being answered one day just aren't going to sway me.

That's why I'm pretty sure it's a mirage.

Created how? Magic? Fairies? Positive thinking?

Personally I have a strong dislike for things that get a big hype around them, I'm not sure why.

Tru punx?

Llamas
12-10-2006, 03:29 AM
Yeah, and Iraq had WMDs and we're all descened from Adam.
No, I heard that the numbers represent it. 4 8 15 16 23 42... there are to be 6 seasons, and each one of those numbers corresponds to the number of days that pass on each season (not in the same order as the numbers).

Created how? Magic? Fairies? Positive thinking?
There are obviously magical and mystical forces on the island. How are we to know that the Others have nothing to do with that?

killer_queen
12-10-2006, 04:42 AM
At first I thought it sucked. Then it seemed good. Now it sucks again.
Although I hate doing it I agree with Richard. Because I started watching House and all the other shows started to seem stupid.

Camilamazed
12-10-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm so fucking disapointed with the third season. There was just one good episode which was the one with Locke and Boone. The others sucked a lot.

They only come up with mysteries and do not solve the others. Fuck that shit :mad:

offspring dude
12-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm so fucking disapointed with the third season. There was just one good episode which was the one with Locke and Boone. The others sucked a lot.

They only come up with mysteries and do not solve the others. Fuck that shit :mad:

But that's what all the seasons so far have been like, they've only answered very few questions, and set 3 times as many.

We are only in the third episode here, although by the trailers and what people have been saying i can guess something will happen to ecko (spelling,) and he'll probably meet the blcak smoke again or something, again im just guessing.

we'll see tommorow at 10!

Camilamazed
12-10-2006, 10:16 AM
But that's what all the seasons so far have been like, they've only answered very few questions, and set 3 times as many.

We are only in the third episode here, although by the trailers and what people have been saying i can guess something will happen to ecko (spelling,) and he'll probably meet the blcak smoke again or something, again im just guessing.

we'll see tommorow at 10!

I know that. But we all expected something different would happen. The second season was the best by far. This one has got only 6 episodes and all of them, not good.

offspring dude
12-10-2006, 10:23 AM
only 6 episodes! man that sucks, lets just hope the next season comes soon after this one, which i highly doubt:(

Tijs
12-10-2006, 10:39 AM
There will be more episodes from Season 3 in February I think. They've only aired 6 so far.

Llamas
12-10-2006, 02:16 PM
eps 1-6 aired through mid nov, and some other show is going to air during the holiday season... then lost will air like 16 more episodes every week with no breaks from season 3. Of course the season wasn't only 6 episodes...

All About Eve
12-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Although I hate doing it I agree with Richard. Because I started watching House and all the other shows started to seem stupid.
Yes yes yes!

Jebus
12-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Heroes is superior.

T-6005
12-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Boston Legal is much better than either of these shows. By far.

Llamas
12-10-2006, 09:55 PM
And Buffy owns all.

But we don't need another thread about "what's the best tv show??"

So. Back to Lost. Does Kate love Sawyer? Why does she keep doing him? She pisses me off so much. He totally loves her and she keeps using him.

bhg_rulz2
12-10-2006, 10:02 PM
And Buffy owns all.

But we don't need another thread about "what's the best tv show??"

So. Back to Lost. Does Kate love Sawyer? Why does she keep doing him? She pisses me off so much. He totally loves her and she keeps using him.

yep...she loves him apparently...but sometimes she flirts with jack!

Llamas
12-10-2006, 10:04 PM
What makes you think that she actually loves Sawyer?

Paint_It_Black
12-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Although I hate doing it I agree with Richard.

Whatever, I know you love me.

Hey, have any of you watched Dexter? That's probably my favourite show right now.

Llamas
12-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Asshole. :(

Paint_It_Black
12-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah, yeah, but has anyone watched Dexter? It's fucking great.

bhg_rulz2
12-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, yeah, but has anyone watched Dexter? It's fucking great.

what?....hahah

Camilamazed
12-12-2006, 08:03 PM

I thought I was the only one to hate Kate. She's the most dishonest person in there. Not only She uses Sawyer but everyone else to get what she wants.

Paint_It_Black
12-12-2006, 11:22 PM
So only jealous women hate Kate then. Cool.

Llamas
12-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Jealous? She's boring, though. Boring, not interesting, etc, etc. Plus I think Claire is way prettier.

Paint_It_Black
12-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I don't actually like Kate much either. I think I only like Sawyer and Sayid these days. Locke is psycho, so is Charlie, and Jack is just annoying. Although Jack is getting a little better. I guess I just like the tough guys.

Llamas
12-13-2006, 06:24 PM
I like Sawyer and Sayid... I used to like Claire a lot because she's emotionally very complex and interesting, but she isn't really on anymore... I find Sun and Jin very interesting (and I love their back stories), but they're not prominent characters at this point... and I currently am intrigued by Juliette. I don't know if she's at all trustworthy, but that's part of why she interests me so much.

bhg_rulz2
01-17-2007, 10:27 PM
I like Sawyer and Sayid... I used to like Claire a lot because she's emotionally very complex and interesting, but she isn't really on anymore... I find Sun and Jin very interesting (and I love their back stories), but they're not prominent characters at this point... and I currently am intrigued by Juliette. I don't know if she's at all trustworthy, but that's part of why she interests me so much.

Julliete got killed?..i dont remember