PDA

View Full Version : Easy songs to play and sing at the same time

DeAtHsTaR
12-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Give me some suggestions. Mainly in the pop-punk/classic punk genre. I play bass.

mrconeman
12-09-2006, 07:36 PM
I love how you didn't mention what instrument you play.

DeAtHsTaR
12-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Opps, retard moment. I play bass.

opivy21
12-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Probably most of the Descendents' stuff.

Apathy
12-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Easiest thing to do is look for bands in which the bassist sings. That way you know that it's possible.

Obviously this isn't true in all cases. *coughPrimuscough* But in most cases, it works. Which would be why Blink-182 is a nice suggestion. However most of their "basslines" are pathetic.

I learned how to sing and play at the same time back in my first band in Seventh grade when we played Brain Stew for the talent show. (I know, I know, Green Day. I was young and naive!)

But in reference to my suggestion, Millencolin might be a nice place to start.

DeAtHsTaR
12-10-2006, 04:45 PM
I learned how to sing and play at the same time back in my first band in Seventh grade when we played Brain Stew for the talent show. (I know, I know, Green Day. I was young and naive!)

But in reference to my suggestion, Millencolin might be a nice place to start.
Nothing wrong with Green Day... but Brain Stew??? ANd I didn't know Millencolin's bassist sang.

coke_a_holic
12-10-2006, 04:59 PM
American Life by Primus is surprisingly easy to play/sing at the same time. Tommy the Cat is, too, if you play it wrong.

DeAtHsTaR
12-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Sorry, can't slap.

Apathy
12-10-2006, 07:57 PM
ferserious?!
I thought that you had been playing for a while now?

And yes, Brain Stew. It is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Sinister
12-10-2006, 08:10 PM
I'll just join the thread asking for easy guitar/singing songs.

opivy21
12-10-2006, 08:27 PM
I'll just join the thread asking for easy guitar/singing songs.Gotta be more specific because there's tons of songs that are easy to sing and play.

DeAtHsTaR
12-10-2006, 08:42 PM
So I've established my band is definitely doing Dammit by Blink. I can sing just like that and it's so easy to play.

nightvision
12-11-2006, 04:09 AM
Haha, my band also does Dammit and I also play bass :p

el_monkey
12-11-2006, 01:35 PM
I'll just join the thread asking for easy guitar/singing songs.

hm.. nearly every song played with acoustic guitar using chords.
also the who - behind blue eyes (limp bizkit's version is even easier)
and black sabbath - paranoid (just have to strum all time)

Amiralanal
12-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Descendents-blast off

Apathy
12-11-2006, 06:41 PM
So I've established my band is definitely doing Dammit by Blink. I can sing just like that and it's so easy to play.

You don't even really have to play anything for that song, No one would know the difference. Honestly I can't really even hear bass in that song. However, Itunes bass sucks, it's impossible to hear in most songs.

@ Sinister, most ska guitar is easy as hell to play. Or so I'm told, im complete shit on a normal guitar.

ZagmenO
12-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Y'know if you play tuba you can't play & sing at the same time because the tuba will be covering your mouth!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! !

opivy21
12-11-2006, 07:30 PM
@ Sinister, most ska guitar is easy as hell to play. Or so I'm told, im complete shit on a normal guitar.I don't really practice it much, but I actually find that it can be hard to do it precisely. When the song is fast it's very easy to get messed up on playing the proper up and down strokes. I'm sure it would be easy with practice, but if you're not used to it, you probably couldn't just pick it up in a few minutes.

Sinister
12-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I guess I wasn't specific enough; I can't play anything beyond powerchords :(
and I guess anything that's in powerchords has gotta be damn easy. Anyway, I'll just look for myself.

opivy21
12-11-2006, 07:56 PM
I guess I wasn't specific enough; I can't play anything beyond powerchords :(
and I guess anything that's in powerchords has gotta be damn easy. Anyway, I'll just look for myself.
Well, this might be common sense, but the fewer the chord changes the easier a song is to sing. It can be hard to sing and play power chords if the chords are changing alot and the vocals don't follow them.

DeAtHsTaR
12-11-2006, 08:20 PM
You don't even really have to play anything for that song, No one would know the difference. Honestly I can't really even hear bass in that song. However, Itunes bass sucks, it's impossible to hear in most songs.

Listen to the first part of the verses. It's not very good, but it's there.