PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Albums of 2006

Autonomist
12-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Decided to include greatest hits albums, just because I didn't actually get 10 albums which came out this year.

Incubus would probably be higher, though I haven't really given it the chance to grow on me yet. DragonForce wouldn't be in there at all, though these are the only albums I own from this year, so it's pretty much ordered best to worst. But whatever.

1. Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
2. Greg Graffin - Cold as the Clay
3. The Living End - State of Emergency
4. Richard Cheese - The Sunny Side of the Moon: The Best of Richard Cheese
5. Tenacious D - The Pick of Destiny [Soundtrack]
6. Obie Trice - Second Round's on Me
7. Fatboy Slim - Greatest Hits: Why Try Harder?
8. Incubus - Light Grenades
9. DragonForce - Inhuman Rampage

Jakebert
12-09-2006, 07:05 PM
The fact that Incubus is on the list at all makes it invalid. lolz.

And Cold as the Clay at number 2? I mean, it's an interesting album, but there's really not anything that great on it.

Little_Miss_1565
12-09-2006, 07:09 PM
1. Tom Waits, Orphans: Bawlers, Brawlers, and Bastards, Anti-
2. TV on the Radio, Return to Cookie Mountain, Interscope
3. Joanna Newsom, Ys, Drag City
4. The Knife, Silent Shout, Mute
5. Lansing-Dreiden, The Dividing Island, Kemado
6. Divine Comedy, Victory for the Comic Muse, Parlophone
7. Boris, Pink, Southern Lord
8. Beirut, Gulag Orkestar, Ba Da Bing!
9. Jose Gonzalez, Veneer, Mute
10. Bl1ng K0ng, Do The Awesome, Redder

Tom Waits' collections of outtakes and b-sides just goes to prove that what he decides not to put in albums is better than what most anyone could hope to accomplish their entire lives. TV on the Radio wrote a song that I can't listen to only once (guess which one). Joanna Newsom is frigging epic, so much so that her album sold through its entire first pressing in just a couple weeks.

Autonomist
12-09-2006, 07:10 PM
And Cold as the Clay at number 2? I mean, it's an interesting album, but there's really not anything that great on it.

Maybe not, but it was a pretty slow year.

Little_Miss_1565
12-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Are you kidding? My list of albums I'm sad I couldn't get into my annual top 10 is way longer than my 10.

0r4ng3
12-09-2006, 07:24 PM
My list sucks, and I know it. So don't give me shit about it.

1. Billy Talent - Billy Talent II
2. Ignite - Our Darkest Days
3. Rise Against - The Sufferer and the Witness
4. The Blood Brothers - Young Machetes
5. AFI - Decemberunderground
6. Anti-Flag - For Blood and Empire
7. Streetlight Manifesto - Keasbey Nights
8. Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage
9. The Bouncing Souls - The Gold Record
0. Catch 22 - Permanent Revolution

I'm shocked that I could even come up with 10 albums that came out in 2006. Some of them are just filler.

jacknife737
12-09-2006, 07:29 PM
1) Danko Jones – Sleep is the Enemy
2) Anti-Flag – For Blood and Empire
3) Heavens – Patent Pending
4) None More Black – This is Satire
5) Street Dogs – Fading American Dream
6) Alexisonfire – Crisis
7) NoFx – Wolves in Wolves Clothing
8) Rise against – The Suffering and the Witness
9) Sloan - Never Hear the End of It
10) Streetlight Manifesto - Keasbey Nights

Llamas
12-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope
Barenaked Ladies - Are Me
Five for Fighting - Two Lights
Tool - 10,000 Days
No Use For a Name - Keep Them Confused
Jay Z - Kingdome Come
Sister Hazel - Absolutely
Incubus - Light Grenades
KT Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope
Lucky Boys Confusion - How to Get Out Alive EP

edit, oh yeah, this isn't in an exact order... but kinda general from regina being the best and LBC being the least exciting.

and I don't really remember when I got what albums... so I'm probably missing a lot of albums that came out this year that I forgot about.

Jakebert
12-09-2006, 07:46 PM
This isn't really in any particular order.

1.) Sonic Youth- Rather Ripped.
2.) Pearl Jam- Self-titled.
3.) Sufjan Stevens- The Avalance
4.) Cat Power- The Greatest
5.) Bob Dylan- Modern Times
6.) Tom Waits- Orphans: Bawlers, Brawlers, and Bastards
7.) Mogwai- Mr. Beast
8.) David Gilmour- On An Island
9.) The Who- Endless Wire
10.) David Bazan- Fewer Moving Parts

I barely bought any new releases this year for some reason, so this list isn't as complete as it could be.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I like this thread. Normally, I would make 1-10 all Billy Talent II, but I'll try to make every spot different.

1) Billy Talent II by Billy Talent
2) Billy Talent II by Billy Talent
3) The Sufferer And The Witness- Rise Against
4) For Blood And Empire by Anti-Flag
5) To The Confusion of Our Enemies by Riverboat Gamblers
6) The Stories Are True by Time Again
7) Everything Is by Nine Black Alps
8) Decemberunderground by AFI
9) The Secret Agent by Da Pantz
10) Wolfmother by Wolfmother

Edit: Honorable mentions were Billy Talent, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Billy Talent, P.O.D. (Yes, I think that album didn't suck tremendously), and oh I almost forgot, Billy Talent.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
12-09-2006, 07:56 PM
The fact that Incubus is on the list at all makes it invalid. lolz.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/Milo-Offspring/ylicense.jpg

Light Grenades is an impressive album.

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Meh, what's wrong with Dragonforce? That latest album was pretty damn amazing.

And fuck, I didn't even know Graffin had a solo album.

And Tom Waits, bwahahaha! Are you kidding? I saw that guy on the Daily Show, it's barely fucking music. His voice! Haha! Oh jeez. Funny.

mrconeman
12-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Meh, what's wrong with Dragonforce?
I can see how people can find them fun to listen to, but listen to live recordings and all musical merit goes out the window, without studio and engineering magic, they are a fucking awfully sloppy band (with the exception of their drummer mind, hes pretty solid), the two guitarists have demonstrated in many an online video just how fucking awful they really are compared to what they sound like on albums.
I'm sick of the Dragonforce trend, and in a way, I'm also sick of the Dragonforce trend backlash (making me somewhat of a hypocrite right now, I know), I wish they would just fucking disappear. Theres a plethora of power metal bands who were doing what Dragon force are doing now, years before them, and much better than they do it.
Examples?
Every other power metal band ever.

3.) Sufjan Stevens- The Avalance
5.) Bob Dylan- Modern Times
8.) David Gilmour- On An Island
9.) The Who- Endless Wire
Win.

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Oh, trust me dude, I'm not putting them on a pedestal here. The "saviors of power-metal" thing pisses me off too, and there are so many better genre bands out there.

But are you referring to the view that they somehow speed-up their music artficially in the studio with Pro-Tools or whatever, fixing their instrumental mistakes a la Linkin Park?

That's simply not true. I saw them earlier this year, and Li is playing just as fast and accurate in person as on the record. I'm not saying he's, you know, "zomg teh best geetarist in teh modern scene!" or anything, but he's definitely not a faker as people make him out to be.

The vocalist annoys me, but overall they're a very impressive band. I can see how the trendy aspect gets annoying, and they're bigger than they probably deserve to be, but hey, it's still real metal and I guess in a sense they're better than what we've been getting in the last few years with all this "core" stuff.

Heh, just out of interest, what do you think about Hammerfall? Another band that seems to have a lot of hatred directed at them.

mrconeman
12-09-2006, 09:19 PM
But are you referring to the view that they somehow speed-up their music artficially in the studio with Pro-Tools or whatever, fixing their instrumental mistakes a la Linkin Park?
Not speeding up, no. But yes, they definatly cleaned up their really sloppy playing in the studio. Proof?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjOjmRDuWeE
EWUHGHWGWEYUGHH MY FUCKING EARS. This is them playing live right there to the camera, it sounds fucking horrible. Where as on the albums they sound like clean, great players. (Jesus Christ, I can't stress how awful those tapping runs are, I could do those better, and I'm not exactly a fantastic player)

That's simply not true. I saw them earlier this year, and Li is playing just as fast and accurate in person as on the record. I'm not saying he's, you know, "zomg teh best geetarist in teh modern scene!" or anything, but he's definitely not a faker as people make him out to be.
Like I said, I'm cool with people liking them, but put simply live, they suck.
I admit when I first heard Fire and Flames I though "Oh cool, a decent band with actual good guitarists with nice solos, haven't seen one of those in a few years", then I heard them live, awful. Now I understand live shows arent about perfection, but seriously, it shouldn't be this much worse than the records. Proof?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b5MAMafaPJo&mode=related&search=
Pay more attention to the guitar leads, because the singing/drumming honestly isnt that bad, but the guitar leads are so innacurate and terrible/out of tune/off key/puke inducing.
Seriously, wait for the main guitar duel thing, it's so off what it is on the record it's pretty disgrace full they would have people believe they actually sound that way, now compare that shit with this...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tqYjqyHnVNs&mode=related&search=
See what I mean?

it's still real metal and I guess in a sense they're better than what we've been getting in the last few years with all this "core" stuff.
I semi agree, they are definatly an improvement on "core" crap. But they aren't what I would call proper metal, they're best described as cartoon metal, people into dragonforce should use it as a stepping stone to get into better metal bands.

Heh, just out of interest, what do you think about Hammerfall? Another band that seems to have a lot of hatred directed at them.

I haven't heard that much of them, or all that recently, I don't remember them being too bad though. But to let you know, I'm no power-metal head, I just know Dragon Force are far from the better side of the genre.

Apathy
12-09-2006, 09:41 PM
I usually enjoy this type of thread, but 2006 was utterly bad for me.

1. I Voted For Kodos - My New Obsession
A huge drop-off from their first album. Basically turned into Ska Out Boy. But it is still enjoyable, and it's really the only new full-length album I bought this year that I didn't feel regret about.

2. Streetlight Manifesto - Keasby Nights
Great album, but it's a rerecording of stuff ten years old, so it's hardly new.

3. High School Football Heroes - We've fooled around long enough!
Again, great but it's an EP. So six songs is hardly a top-ten album.

Billy Talent II will most likely be added, but I don't actually have it yet. I dunno, I'm probably forgetting at least one other.
2007 however, looks promising. Two (Count'em two!) Big D releases. Also The Offspring, Mu330, and Streetlight Manifesto.

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 09:49 PM
So...have you actually seen them live, or are you just judging from (*ahem*) Youtube? Because I can tell you that when I saw them they were pretty-much album-perfect.

And hell, I'm not even a huge fan, I don't mean to sound like I'm defending them or whatever out of personal admiration. I just don't think the accusations have a firm grounding...like I said, their live performance was pretty accurate to the album material. Hell, as for a band that sucks ass live, try Kreator. I thought they were fucking awful.

Llamas
12-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Oh gooooood!!! What's wrong with Dragonforce??

1. The singer.
2. Way cheesy.
3. Egos (and undeserving).
4. lol asian britfag!
5. Out of tune during live shows... like disgustingly out of tune.
6. Can't stay together during live shows.
7. The number of videos where a member trips on stage, like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOQRMWYI2Z4&mode=related&search=

And umm, watching live performances on youtube... well, watching recorded stuff, a lot of mistakes get covered up when recorded. It's impossible to claim that due to the fact that it was recorded, they weren't really completely off and out of tune.

The only thing that possibly potentially makes them belong in the world of 80s throwback hair metal is the fast guitaring, and they clearly can't actually pull it off. Even those slowed down versions in the "bet you can't play this shit"... they still sucked! lol. fags.

Venom Symbiote
12-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Goddammit. :( :p

Outnumbered again. :mad:

Hmph. I still maintain they didn't sound anything like the YouTube videos when I saw them. Maybe they have off and on days.

Rag Doll
12-09-2006, 11:16 PM
no real order, except the first one

say anything - ...is a real boy
justin timberlake - futuresex/lovesounds
hellogoodbye - zombies! aliens! vampires! dinosaurs!
guster - ganging up on the sun
arctic monkeys - whatever people say i am, thats what i'm not
clap your hands say yeah - clap your hands say yeah
we are scientists - with love and squalor
jason mraz - geekin out across the galaxy ep
the killers - sams town
dashboard confessional - dusk & summer

might be missing some, but i never know when anything is released and i'm a bit too lazy to check.

JohnnyNemesis
12-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Fuck you, I was gonna make this thread! I didn't listen to that many albums released in 2006, so the ones that topped this list are fucking ORGASMICALLY GOOD. Here we go:

1 - The Blow - Paper Television
2 - Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
3 - Ratatat - Classics
4 - Obie Trice - Second Round's On Me
5 - AFI - Decemberunderground
6 - The Coup - Pick A Bigger Weapon
7 - Billy Talent - Billy Talent II
8 - Depeche Mode - The Best Of: Vol. 1
9 - Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Etiquette
10 - Damone - Out Here All Night

For the DM album, I don't even have the actual album, just the songs on their original albums. But the new song "Martyr" fucking kicks ass. I was positive Gnarls Barkley's album would top my list until Ratatat gave them a run for their money, and The Blow blew everyone outta the water. The top four could have gone either way though, 4srs.

ninthlayer
12-10-2006, 01:21 AM
say anything - ...is a real boy
Interesting, I didn't realize that this year was 2004.

Llamas
12-10-2006, 01:28 AM
2 - Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere

This is the only one that you get points for.

JohnnyNemesis
12-10-2006, 01:31 AM
You listen to Everclear.

Stranger With Candy
12-10-2006, 01:33 AM
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
2. Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
3. Audioslave - Revelations
4. Johnny Cash - American V: A Hundred Highways
5. Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones
6. Neil Young - Living With War
7. Motorpsycho - Black Hole / Blank Canvas
8. Joe Satriani - Super Colossal
9. Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
10. Tool - 10,000 Days

Llamas
12-10-2006, 01:42 AM
You listen to Everclear.

I do?? hmm

Llamas
12-10-2006, 01:44 AM
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
decent album, but best of the year?? no way.

9. Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
I almost put that one.

10. Tool - 10,000 Days
of course, hell yes.

arak0r
12-10-2006, 02:01 AM
hrm
1. the beatles - love ;)
2. tiesto - isos5
3. pearl jam - pearl jam

cant really remember many cd's ive bought this year besides those :\

Stranger With Candy
12-10-2006, 03:27 AM
decent album, but best of the year?? no way.

i guess im just one of those hardcore RHCP fans.

Forza
12-10-2006, 04:22 AM
1: Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death; the only decent album I got this year.

BuddyHolly
12-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Ignite - Our Darkest Days
The Lawrence Arms - Oh Calcutta
The Living End - State Of Emergency
Rise Against - The Sufferer and the Witness

Little_Miss_1565
12-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Just for giggles, here's my honorable mentions:

The Thermals, The Body The Blood The Machine
Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins, Rabbit Fur Coat
Destroyer, Destroyer's Rubies
Envelopes, Demon
Mogwai, Mr. Beast
Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Etiquette
The Annuals, Be He Me
Scissor Sisters, Tah-Dah!
Envy, Insomniac Doze
The Hold Steady, Boys and Girls in America
Justin Timberlake, FutureSex/LoveSounds

mrconeman
12-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Hmph. I still maintain they didn't sound anything like the YouTube videos when I saw them. Maybe they have off and on days.
I will say that similar happens to everyone, if you like a band and they are right there in front of you, you tend to not hear mess-ups nearly as much as you would sitting in the comfort of your computer room.

I'll do a list so I'm not just mindlessly bitching here, but I didn't even buy 10 new albums this year.

1.) Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death (Holy fuck)
2.) David Gilmour- On An Island (David Gilmour is a God among men)
3.) Bob Dylan- Modern Times
4.) The Who- Endless Wire
5.) Oasis - Stop the Clocks (Filler really, as it's a greatest hits, but good)

I still haven't got Joe Satriani's new album, nor Jose Gonzales' album, so they'd probably be there too

Splejse
12-10-2006, 07:31 AM
1) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium.

0r4ng3
12-10-2006, 07:39 AM
I think a good idea for a thread is "albums you're expecting next year". It should be interesting. From my crappy taste in music alone, 2007 looks like a good year.

The Offspring, Bad Religion, Pennywise, Social Distortion, Sonata Arctica, Dream Theater, Streetlight Manifesto, Big D and the Kids Table, Lagwagon, Sum 41, and maybe even The Vandals are all releasing albums next year. I think also the Descendents have a new album out next year also, but I'm not sure.

Jakebert
12-10-2006, 08:09 AM
1) Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium.

I'll only say it once instead of arguing it through a whole thread: Stadium Arcadium is the most overrated album of 2006.

I think also the Descendents have a new album out next year also, but I'm not sure.

That's the rumor, but nothing's been confirmed. Supposidly, it'll come out after ALL's newest album which is supposidly being worked on.

Rag Doll
12-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Interesting, I didn't realize that this year was 2004.

re-release with some extra stuff. lykduh, ass.

nieh
12-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Fuck you, I was gonna make this thread!

I was actually going to make a best album you bought in 2006 (that's not necessarily from 2006) thread. I don't remember getting too many new releases this year, but I still bought a ton of cds. I'll try to make a list anyway. In no particular order:

Man Man - Six Demon Bag (This album became one of my favorites ever in just like a couple weeks after getting it. That's pretty impressive)
Gnarles Barkley - St. Elsewhere (just listened to it again last night for the first time in a while. I forgot how awesome every song is on it)
Sufjan Stevens - The Avalanche (Outtakes from Illinois that ended up being better than Illinois was)
Blood Brothers - Young Machetes
Reel Big Fish - Our Live Album is Better than Your Live Album (I don't actually own this but my friend does and it's so much fun)
North Star Infinite - In Embers (I know it's my brother's band but it's seriously on par with just about anything else I've ever bought. Their best release so far.)

Those are the only ones that really deserve to be up there. Anything else would just go on there by default (not that I don't LIKE the other albums, but I just don't feel their worthy of being put on a best of list). Honorable mention goes out to Cursive - Happy Hollow though. As usual, the best stuff on the album is absolutely fantastic but there's too many weak songs to make it a truly great album. Also, apparently Nellie McKay had an album come out a couple months ago that I missed so I may pick that up soon. I hardly listen to her first one anymore but it was a lot of fun, I imagine the second one is the same way.

edit: fuck. Apparently Isis had a new album come out at the end of October. I think I need to go to the cd store today.

JohnnyNemesis
12-10-2006, 12:48 PM
As far as my list goes, put The Coup's "Pick A Bigger Weapon" higher. I'd only heard it a few times but never got a chance to get into it cause I just picked it up, but now that I've listened to it allt he way through a few times, it's tied for number 2 on the list. Oh holy fuck fuck fuck.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-10-2006, 01:53 PM
I like the idea of "best albums you bought in 2006" better.

Billy Talent II by Billy Talent
Everything Goes Numb by Streetlight Manifesto
Black Sails In The Sunset by AFI
Time Is The Distance by Deviates
Queens of the Stone Age by Queens of the Stone Age
The Sufferer And The Witness by Rise Against

All of the above should be in my top ten all-time.

The Stories Are True by Time Again
Revolutions Per Minute by Rise Against
For Blood And Empire by Anti-Flag
Feedback Is Payback by 1208

Come out and smash'em up!
12-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Lamb of God - Sacrament
Slayer - Christ illusion
Trivium - The Crusade
AFI - Decemberunderground
Stam1na - uudet kymmenen käskyä
Iron Maiden - A matter of life and death
Strapping young Lad - The New Black
Red hot chili peppers - Stadium Arcadium
Children of Bodom - Stockholm live knockout
Sodom - Sodom

Manic Subsidal Boy
12-10-2006, 10:04 PM
A Matter of Life and Death - Iron Maiden
Wolves in Wolves' Clothing - NOFX
Dancing For Decadence - Sainte Cathrines
Forever Malcolm Young - Frenzal Rhomb

That's all I have.

IAmARevenant
12-12-2006, 10:08 PM
This isn't in any order.

AFI-Decemberunderground
Rise Against-TSATW

That's all I can think of. There's albums from this year that I wanna get like NOFX's WIWC and RHCP's SA, but I've no money on my hands.

Thomas
12-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I didn't get too many new albums, so I'll name the ones I got.

Tool- 10,000 Days

Amazing album.

RHCP- Stadium Arcadium

Overrated or not, I loved it

Richard Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine- Silent Nightclub

I'm very disappointed by the fact that no one mentioned this one. Freaking awesome album

I can't think of anymore released this year that I got from the top of my head, but....yeah....

I Make SweetLove 2Nirvana
12-13-2006, 06:53 PM
sum of u have good music and some of u have bad music.

i like jakebert music!!! :cool: jonnynemsis suck chunkymunkyballs music!!! :mad:

Thomas
12-13-2006, 06:55 PM
sum of u have good music and some of u have bad music.

i like jakebert music!!! :cool: jonnynemsis suck chunkymunkyballs music!!! :mad:

Do you find yourself funny or something?

Jakebert
12-14-2006, 03:24 AM
I can't believe I forgot Xiu Xiu- The Air Force. For some reason I thought it was 2005. Great album.

Also, I'd like to nominate "And I Feel Fine: The Best Of the IRS Years" by R.E.M. as the best greatest hits album of the year.

Autonomist
12-15-2006, 10:13 PM
I'd like to add GWAR - Beyond Hell as a late and 10th addition to my list. An awesome album it is.

Grabbal
12-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Not in particular order:

Wolfmother - Wolfmother
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
Tenacious D - The Pick of Destiny (soundtrack)
Billy Talent - Billy Talent II
Bob Dylan- Modern Times
Tool - 10,000 Days
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
Audioslave - Revelations
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
Oasis - Stop the Clocks

Yatesy
12-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm going to try and have order for this:

1. Foo Fighters - Skin & Bones
2. Incubus - Light Grenades
3. Beck - The Information
4. Muse - Black Holes & Revelations
5. Mastodon - Blood Mountain
6. Placebo - Meds
7. RHCP - Stadium Arcadium
8. Pearl Jam - S/T
9. The Goo Goo Dolls - Let love In
10. Eagles of Death Metal - Death by Sexy

Llamas
12-17-2006, 04:26 PM
9. The Goo Goo Dolls - Let love In

Please tell me that the ONLY reason you listed this album is because you have an undying devotion for this band, because that album was crap. I, and many other HUGE fans of the band on every one of their albums, has openly admitted that Let Love In was a horrible failure on GGD's part and a big disappointment. I'm very very shocked that anyone could claim it to be one of the best albums of the year...

Yatesy
12-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Please tell me that the ONLY reason you listed this album is because you have an undying devotion for this band, because that album was crap. I, and many other HUGE fans of the band on every one of their albums, has openly admitted that Let Love In was a horrible failure on GGD's part and a big disappointment. I'm very very shocked that anyone could claim it to be one of the best albums of the year...

2 reasons really why I mentioned it:

1. I was running low on ideas.
2. I do genuinely like it.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah, put "Game Theory" by The Roots somewhere on my list, along with personal gratitude to Black Thought for reminding me that he's easily one of the five best rappers alive.

EDIT: Add Jay-Z's "Kingdom Come" to the list as well. I finally got around to getting it. It's good, of course.

Acoustic1804
12-21-2006, 05:40 PM
1) The Living End - State of Emergency
2) Papa Roach - The Paramour Sessions
3) Alexisonfire - Crisis
4) Angels and Airwaves - We Don't Need to Whisper
5) Incubus - Light Grenades
6) Anti Flag - For Blood and Empire
7) Atreyu - A Death Grip on Yesterday
8) Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission
9) Yellowcard - Lights and Sounds
10) AFI - Decemberunderground

Omni
12-21-2006, 05:57 PM
I can't believe the Pearl Jam album got so few mentions.

EMehl6
12-21-2006, 06:04 PM
No order, all great though.

The Human Abstract - Nocturne
Hit The Switch - Domestic Tranquility And Social Justice
(+44) - When Your Heart Stops Beating
NOFX - Wolves In Wolves' Clothing
Anti-Flag - For Blood And Empire
No Trigger - Canyoneer
Escape The Fate - Dying Is Your Latest Fashion
Rise Against - The Sufferer And The Witness
Three Days Grace - One-X

WebDudette
12-21-2006, 07:04 PM
The Blow - Paper Television
Streetlight Manifesto - Keasby Nights
Afi - Decemberunderground
Heavens - Patent Pending
Billy Talent - Billy Talent II
Tool - 10,000 Days
The Blood Brothers - Young Machette

That's really all I can think off.

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 08:56 PM
EDIT: Add Jay-Z's "Kingdom Come" to the list as well. I finally got around to getting it. It's good, of course.

...you trippin'? The hip hop guys at work keep playing it and I hate it more with each spin. :(

Llamas
12-21-2006, 11:47 PM

I'm in thorough agreement with this. I hated "show me what you got" at first, but it's grown on me. And the album as a whole even beats the black album, or atleast ties with it.

JohnnyNemesis
12-22-2006, 12:08 AM
I don't think it touched The Black Album, at least not yet. I love it at first listen, but I have to give it a few more plays. I've been more wrapped up in "Game Theory" by The Roots and "Pick A Bigger Weapon" by The Coup lately.

Vera
12-22-2006, 03:19 AM
I had a theme year..

Omkara soundtrack, composed by Vishal Bharadwaj
Salaam-e-Ishq soundtrack, composed by Shankar-Ehsan-Loy
Jaan-e-Mann soundtrack, composed by Anu Malik
Dhoom 2 soundtrack, "composed" by Pritam
Fanaa soundtrack, composed by Jatin-Lalit
Lage Raho Munnabhai soundtrack, composed by Shankar Moitra
36 China Town, composed by Himesh Reshmiya

I also liked the AFI album fine, though some tracks I can't bear listening to.

Acoustic1804
12-22-2006, 02:19 PM
+44 are extremely overrated. They only have about 2 or 3 goodish songs that I can pay attention to the whole way through.

And Pearl Jam didn't get mentioned much because they suck.

EMehl6
12-22-2006, 02:32 PM
+44 are extremely overrated. They only have about 2 or 3 goodish songs that I can pay attention to the whole way through.

And Pearl Jam didn't get mentioned much because they suck.

Meh, Idk if I'd call them overrated. I don't watch much Mtv or VH1, but I haven't heard nearly as much about them as I did about AvA, and (+44) blows AvA out of the water. I really thought the album was good.

I agree, Pearl Jam sucks.

Llamas
12-22-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't think it touched The Black Album, at least not yet. I love it at first listen, but I have to give it a few more plays. I've been more wrapped up in "Game Theory" by The Roots and "Pick A Bigger Weapon" by The Coup lately.

The Black Album did have: December 4th, What More Can I Say, Encore, Dirt Off Your Shoulder, Moment of Clarity, and 99 Problems... all amazing songs. But god. I hated Change Clothes, Threat, and everything after 99 Problems. I always turn the album off after track 9.

The album is good the whole way through, and the songs I dislike are more scattered, plus there are less of them, and no songs that I downright hate like Change Clothes. Oh, and Do U Wanna Ride with John Legend = FUCKING AWESOME.

Edit, I just looked it up on allmusic... they said it's his weakest release. That is bullshit. Everything pre-The Blueprint was crap. Reasonable Doubt sucked ass. They rip on this album because they don't like the production. WTF?

Jakebert
12-22-2006, 04:44 PM

Pearl Jam pwns every single one of these bands.

JohnnyNemesis
12-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Pearl Jam fucking DESTROYS all of those bands.

Llamas
12-22-2006, 06:00 PM
1) The Living End - State of Emergency
3) Alexisonfire - Crisis
7) Atreyu - A Death Grip on Yesterday

erm... I don't like pearl jam really at all, but the only bands on there that are better than them are incubus and AFI.

Corpse
12-31-2006, 12:48 PM
New Found Glory - Coming Home
Stone Sour - Come What(ever) May
Less Than Jake - In With The Out Crowd
Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission
Incubus - Light Grenades
Trivium - The Crusade
Slayer - Christ illusion
Iron Maiden - A matter of life and death