PDA

View Full Version : Guns N" Roses

rocketking
12-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Any one else a fan of em ?
Ive been waiting for ChiDem for a while. im doubting Axl is ever gonna release it. Ive heard some of the new songs but good grief when the heck is Chinese Democracy ever gonna be released!.

Llamas
12-10-2006, 06:30 PM
They suck and chinese democracy will never be released, thank god.

0r4ng3
12-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Guns and Roses? Who are they?

Llamas
12-10-2006, 06:33 PM
A hardcore rap group from the 60s. Duh.

rocketking
12-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Guns and Roses? Who are they?

I love sarcasm :lol: :p
They are a band that started in the 80's if you really didnt know wich I bet you did :P

But basically they are the best hard rock band that has ever existed. And defintly not rap hahaha.

opivy21
12-10-2006, 06:37 PM
I hate Guns N Roses. Axl Rose is the king of the douches and even if he wasn't such an ass, their music would still be awful (to my ears).

coke_a_holic
12-10-2006, 06:47 PM
I recognize how much flame I'm going to receive, and I don't really care: Appetite for Destruction was a fine cd. Everything afterward, however, was fucking terrible. Won't expect much difference in Chinese Democracy.

Little_Miss_1565
12-10-2006, 06:53 PM
It's done, it's mixed, it's mastered, it's at the manufacturer's. The label is going to release it Q1 or Q2 of 2007.

rocketking
12-10-2006, 06:54 PM
I recognize how much flame I'm going to receive, and I don't really care: Appetite for Destruction was a fine cd. Everything afterward, however, was fucking terrible, though. Won't expect much difference in Chinese Democracy.

The uSe your illusion series is simaler to Appetite for Destruction. Iv never heard that much of Spaghiti and Lies though. So those might not be too good.
Better,There was a time, and IRS seem pretty good and there from ChiDem.
But I do think nothing they make will ever be as good as Appetite.

Autonomist
12-10-2006, 09:37 PM
The Spaghetti Incident was shit, and Use Your Illusion would've been better if they'd cut the filler and made it one album. Appetite for Destruction and Gn'R Lies were both fairly decent albums though. Even though Chinese Democracy will suck a huge cock, I'll probably download it anyway.

Little_Miss_1565
12-10-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm only interested in hearing what it sounds like to take 10 years making an album.

Manic Subsidal Boy
12-10-2006, 10:54 PM
I'm only interested in hearing what it sounds like to take 10 years making an album.

+ it'll be the most expensive album ever recorded

Tijs
12-11-2006, 12:45 AM
I love Guns n' Roses :(

F@ BANKZ
12-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Not a big fan, but definately something you can listen to at the right times

rocketking
12-11-2006, 02:23 PM
I love Guns n' Roses :(

Good someone else who likes the band. :)

mrconeman
12-12-2006, 06:16 AM
Huge fan of Guns 'n' Roses. I don't really care how much I get flamed on for liking them either.

Appetite is easily one of, if not my sure favourite album, and I like most of the Use Your Illusions songs too, what of it?
Solid band, I don't mind/care if people don't like them, but they have to at least recognize they were a solid band, great ability in the members.
As for Chinese Democracy, I couldn't care if it ever comes out, Guns n Roses don't exist anymore.

Jakebert
12-12-2006, 12:59 PM
GNR are, technically speaking, very talented. And they play well as a group. But, they aren't very good songwriters, and despite the few good songs they have, most of their catologue is full of crap.

Venom Symbiote
12-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Oh, fuck off. Guns 'N Roses are still one of the greatest rock bands of all time, no matter how dicky Axl chooses to act in recent years.

Why all the hate? Slash is a guitar GOD (seriously, outside the realm of heavy metal he's the best we've seen in rock music in a long long time), the other guys were all competent, and like him now or not Axl was the exact frontman rock music needed at that point in time. He was a necessary evil of sorts, and initially he kicked a whole lot of ass with his stage presence.

The new album's not something I'm too excited about, I don't really care anymore. But fuck, Guns N' Roses up until '93/'94 were an amazing band.

Just because Lord Douchebag had a little quarrel with The Offspring a few years ago doesn't mean you should dismiss the band entirely, and what they've accomplished.

Hell, ignore all the personal lifestyle crap (I was never a fan of the hard-partyin' cocaine & booze stuff they dwelled in) and focus on the music, and there's no way you can deny Guns 'N Roses did more for rock than Nirvana.

coke_a_holic
12-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Slash is a watered-down Jimmy Page. He's fantastic, but there are much better recent guitarists than he. Not necessarily in as mainstream a position as Slash, but I can think of a quite a few guitarists that are better.

Doesn't change that AFD was one awesome cd.

Venom Symbiote
12-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah, no doubt. I guess I was meaning in that big mainstream radio band arena-rock context. Bands in the public consciousness.

I could rattle off 20 or 30 better guitarists too, but fact is average Joe Schmoe on the street wouldn't know who the fuck they are.

Slash brought back the rock in a meaningful way, it had been lost for a while.

opivy21
12-13-2006, 05:17 AM
I would still hate the music if I had never heard one thing about what kind of people they are. I cannot stand their songs.

Venom Symbiote
12-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Well, your taste in music pretty-much sucks.

opivy21
12-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, pretty much.

JohnnyNemesis
12-13-2006, 05:09 PM
GnR is a fucking joke, everyone can it.

Venom Symbiote
12-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Go fuck yourself. They are now, but pre-'94 GNR shouldn't be talked about that way.

Original lineup = amazing band.

Llamas
12-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Ricky is right. And he's right in reference to GnR of any time period. Pile. Of. Shit. :)

Venom Symbiote
12-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Le sigh.

Looks like there's not a lot of appreciation for the killing of glam-metal.

Jakebert
12-14-2006, 04:22 AM
Just because they dressed different doesn't mean that they were incredibly far removed from it. They sounded incredibly similar to a lot of those bands, especially with the stupidly pretentious "Use Your Illusion" albums.

mrconeman
12-14-2006, 10:26 AM
GnR is a fucking joke, everyone can it.
It's a Guns 'n' Roses thread, what else are we supposed to talk about?
Clearly theres some discussion to go on, I see no reason to can it.

Ricky is right. And he's right in reference to GnR of any time period. Pile. Of. Shit. :)
We get it, you don't like them.

On Slash: He is a fantastic guitarist, and there are better, I'm just agreeing with what's been said really, there are many better guitarists but he kind of carved out his own niche.

On the original line up: Basically what I said before, if you don't like them fine (though please stop preaching about it, once is enough) but seriously, if you can't agree that they were great musicians...you're simply wrong, theres no grounds for calling them shitty, they excelled at what they did.

JohnnyNemesis
12-14-2006, 10:27 AM
It's a Guns 'n' Roses thread, what else are we supposed to talk about?
Clearly theres some discussion to go on, I see no reason to can it.

I was joking with the can it part.

Carry on.

HornyPope
02-18-2008, 09:30 PM
It's done, it's mixed, it's mastered, it's at the manufacturer's. The label is going to release it Q1 or Q2 of 2007.

Hah!

I love GnR personally. It's good sound. It's what I grew up with.

mrconeman
02-19-2008, 08:27 AM
Weird that this thread pops back up when I'm on a huge GnR kick the past two days.

I don't care what anyone says about the Illusions albums, something like Don't Damn Me, or Dead Horse can't be denied for just great rock music.

Cock Joke
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
I heard on the radio that Axl's holding onto the CD until they will be able to make a profit off of it. It's all done & shit! If I took 15 years to make an album, I'd be excited to release it! Don't get me wrong, here. It makes perfect sense that he would wanna make a ton of dough, but the fact of the matter is that CD sales have gone way down because everyone just stays at home downloading. I do think that if they put on an extraordinary tour, advertise it like crazy, and add in some kickass CD exclusives, then the CD will likely make a profit.

And on a side note, I agree with that dude who said Use Your Illusion was awesome! Both those volume's rocked and I'm pissed at people knocking it!

volcano62
05-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Guns N' Roses are the greatest rock band on the planet. Chinese Democracy will be out in 2008.

Alex101
05-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Guns N' Roses are the greatest rock band on the planet. Chinese Democracy will be out in 2008.

Or 2009, since it's been delayed all the time.

Cock Joke
05-31-2008, 05:10 PM
Remember folks, free Dr. Pepper if it comes out this year!

volcano62
05-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Remember folks, free Dr. Pepper if it comes out this year!

exactly! :cool:

K0rN b4LL
06-04-2008, 04:34 PM
I remember that The Offspring's album Splinter was supposed to be called Chinese Democracy origionally but Mr. Rose filed legal action against them.

Alex101
06-04-2008, 05:01 PM
I remember that The Offspring's album Splinter was supposed to be called Chinese Democracy origionally but Mr. Rose filed legal action against them.

Yeah, I remember that too.

volcano62
06-23-2008, 08:10 PM
anyone here the new leaks? :D

Cock Joke
06-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Link plz!!!

volcano62
06-23-2008, 08:33 PM
just youtube "message for you" and "if the world"

listen to them 2-3 times and you will be saying it's the best shit you ever heard. ESPECIALLY "Message For You"

here are somewhat the lyrics:

Message For You (Rose)

It seemed like forever and a day,
If my intentions are misunderstood,
please be kind, I’ve done all I should.
I won’t ask of you what I would not do.
Ooooh I saw the damage in you,
my fortunate one, the ending of you.

Why would they tell me to please don’t you laugh in my face…
When all of the reasons they don’t ask all over themselves to give way

It’s not a question of whether my heart is true.
Seemed like I had to pull through.
Look for a new beginning, on you.
Ooooh I, I got a message for you oooo
Open away it’s what I’ve got to do
Give what you have, what you might loose.

What would you say if I told you that I’m to blame?
And what would you do if I had to deny your name?
Where would you go if I told you I loved you, and then walked away.
Oooh ya
Who should I tell if not for the ones that you could not say.
Oooh now

I told you where’d I’d find you,
If there were doubts you, should be careful with other’s faith
Now they surround you,
All that it amounts to is love that you gained from the fortune and fame.

[solo]

If my affections are misunderstood,
and you decide I’m up to no good,
don’t ask me to enjoy them just for you.

Ask yourself: what I would do to bring you down, myself
To live with fortune and shame.
Oooh ya
You should have turned to the hearts of the ones, but you would not stay
Oooh Now
I told you where’d I’d find you,
all it amounts to is love that you gained from the fortune and fame.

If The World (Rose)

if the world would end today - ay
all the dreams we had would all just drift away, oh
no, there's nothing more to say
if the world would end and all loves drift away

i never knew the way that you looked at me
would ever mean so much to me
in my heart I found
the feelings I’ve never shown
now they got the best of me

if the world would end and all loves drift away

oh la ladeda ladedadada
la ladeda ladeda

i never thought all the love i was looking for
would ever be so close to me
you're the only one i have ever loved and has ever loved me
and now you've got the best of me

no, there's nothing more to say ay ay ay

[solo]

if the world would end and all love slipped away

but the word is that as good as these tracks are, they are not even the big guns!

they have so many songs that they might release 3-4 albums!!!!

Cock Joke
06-23-2008, 10:50 PM
3-4!? Whoa!

I'm listening to message right now. It's no Appetite for Destruction, but it ain't half bad. I like it.

Can't say that I'm into "If the World." :\ Seems kinda R&B or something...

IamSam
06-23-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm not too into those two leaks.

crrrN
06-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Old Guns = the shit.
New Guns = shit.

That's just the way it is. Unarguable.

volcano62
06-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Old Guns = the shit.
New Guns = shit.

That's just the way it is. Unarguable.

there both good man!

Chinese Democracy is upon us!

one hundred punks
07-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Shackler's Revenge BITCH
CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!

leo3375
07-09-2008, 11:53 PM
http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/hell-freezes-over.jpg

volcano62
07-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Shackler's Revenge BITCH
CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!

fuck yeah man!!! You can feel it!!!

Cock Joke
07-15-2008, 08:54 PM
So uuum...is it tru that a song from that album will be on a new Guitar Hero game?

one hundred punks
07-16-2008, 02:05 AM
fuck yeah man!!! You can feel it!!!

You sir are a man of taste,smart enough to know that Chinese Democracy is indeed coming soon.Also, I would imagine you are smart enough to know who is actually in GNR these days.

one hundred punks
07-16-2008, 02:22 AM
So uuum...is it tru that a song from that album will be on a new Guitar Hero game?

You bet your ass its true! Shackler's Revenge! is on RB2

volcano62
07-16-2008, 05:08 PM

yep check it out for yourself:

http://www.gunsnroses.com/

Out on Patrol
07-17-2008, 01:40 PM
I LOVE GN'R. It was the first real band i started to listen to.

I like the "old GN'R". One of the greatest rock band in history. No doubt about it

The 85-94 GN'R. That was awesome. Slash is one of the best guitar players in the world, Axl, what a frontman man!! his voice, his lyrics!! Duff, his solo work is amazing!!
Izzy, i have sth special with him (even though i don't know him). His "Stone" side....

The "New Gn'r". I like some songs, such as The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy.
But i think NOW that Axl is an asshole because he's been over 10 years making the record and he never puts it out.

If you don't like them, come suck my dick!!!!

volcano62
07-17-2008, 05:28 PM
You sir are a man of taste,smart enough to know that Chinese Democracy is indeed coming soon.Also, I would imagine you are smart enough to know who is actually in GNR these days.

i know the band very very well....do you?

W. Axl Rose - Vocals
Tommy Stinson - Bass
Bumblefoot - Guitars
Richard Fortus - Guitars
Buckethead - Guitars (since Robin Finck is back in NIN they say bucket is back - makes sense since he wrote most leads on the new album)
Frank Ferrer - Drums
Dizzy Reed - Keyboards + Percussion
Chris Pittman - Keyboards + Synths

this band has been Guns N' Roses longer than the "original" Guns were

Cock Joke
07-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Shackler's Revenge. I gotta listen to that! BRB.

Aaaaand couldn't find it. :\

one hundred punks
07-17-2008, 06:43 PM
i know the band very very well....do you?

W. Axl Rose - Vocals
Tommy Stinson - Bass
Bumblefoot - Guitars
Richard Fortus - Guitars
Buckethead - Guitars (since Robin Finck is back in NIN they say bucket is back - makes sense since he wrote most leads on the new album)
Frank Ferrer - Drums
Dizzy Reed - Keyboards + Percussion
Chris Pittman - Keyboards + Synths

this band has been Guns N' Roses longer than the "original" Guns were

I have seen GNR three times since 2002,so I would say I am pretty familiar.Who says Bucket is back, I haven't heard that.

bouncingcoles
07-17-2008, 11:48 PM
They suck and chinese democracy will never be released, thank god.

finally someone who i can agree with

volcano62
07-18-2008, 03:50 PM
I have seen GNR three times since 2002,so I would say I am pretty familiar.Who says Bucket is back, I haven't heard that.

just a rumor going around about Bucket cause Axl said he would share his Dr.Pepper with him :D

what show have you been too? I saw them in Quebec City Nov 06

cool 2 hate 681
07-18-2008, 04:16 PM
i saw them at kroq inland invasion 2006 in devore california

nighttrain
07-20-2008, 11:37 AM
guns 'n roses is, and always will be, one of my top favorite bands of all time.
i'm starting early with my son, i've already got him decked out in guns 'n roses baby clothes... haha, check them out:
ROCKWORLDEAST guns 'n roses baby clothes (http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/Guns_N_Roses)
I bought him the classic black one.
hopefully he'll grow up to be as big a GnR fan as me.

Conspiracyof1000
07-20-2008, 11:48 PM
I think forcing your child to be what you want him to be is wrong. Just my opinion.

IamSam
07-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I think forcing your child to be what you want him to be is wrong. Just my opinion.

Even if the child is 4 months old? Doubt they are gonna care.

volcano62
07-21-2008, 04:24 PM
i saw them at kroq inland invasion 2006 in devore california

man that was an awesome show. i heard people thought they weren't going to show :rolleyes:

if it is Guns N' Roses everything is cool :D

cool 2 hate 681
07-21-2008, 06:27 PM
man that was an awesome show. i heard people thought they weren't going to show :rolleyes:

well they were 1 hour late but it was worth it :cool:

Blitzkrieg Bop
07-23-2008, 12:57 PM

At least they showed up, they were to play here last year and cancelled a few days before the show ... not cool :(

Anyway, I find that they were a lot better in the 90's with the original band :D

volcano62
07-23-2008, 08:00 PM
At least they showed up, they were to play here last year and cancelled a few days before the show ... not cool :(

Anyway, I find that they were a lot better in the 90's with the original band :D

you can't even compare. The new GN'R are perfect.

Out on Patrol
07-24-2008, 11:06 AM
you can't even compare. The new GN'R are perfect.

No way man. Have you ever seen the old band live??

kurisuchianu
07-24-2008, 04:48 PM
The old band rocks!!

volcano62
07-26-2008, 09:02 PM
No way man. Have you ever seen the old band live??

yea and i love em also. i just prefer the new band. they are more professional

Thomas
07-26-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm sorry, but Slash made Guns n Roses what they are. yeah, Axl's voice was pretty cool, but that classic "Slash" guitar sound is unmistakeable. GnR is NOTHING without Slash.

Actually, Guns n Roses would be one of those very few bands where I would go to see the instrumentalists, and not the frontman. Matt Sorum was a rock solid drummer, too.

volcano62
07-27-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm sorry, but Slash made Guns n Roses what they are. yeah, Axl's voice was pretty cool, but that classic "Slash" guitar sound is unmistakeable. GnR is NOTHING without Slash.

Actually, Guns n Roses would be one of those very few bands where I would go to see the instrumentalists, and not the frontman. Matt Sorum was a rock solid drummer, too.

Slash is great and is my childhood hero as a guitar player myself but he turned his back on GN'R...that is not good for the band. Slash did not make GN'R, Izzy Stradlin did. Richard, Ron and Robin can play anything he does and are more creative musically

mrconeman
07-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Slash is great and is my childhood hero as a guitar player myself but he turned his back on GN'R...that is not good for the band. Slash did not make GN'R, Izzy Stradlin did. Richard, Ron and Robin can play anything he does and are more creative musically

Saying anyone but Axl fucked that band over is ridiculous, buddy. And no single member "made" them, they were all great at what they done and worked fantasticly as a band. The difference now is Axl really isn't worth seeing anymore, and his hired guns (excuse the pun, but that's all they are, they really aren't a band) while are all good musicians, just can't compare with even the semi original line up before Slash and Duff left, there's no chemistry there, especially seeing them play like Appetite era songs, gross. .

volcano62
07-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Saying anyone but Axl fucked that band over is ridiculous, buddy. And no single member "made" them, they were all great at what they done and worked fantasticly as a band. The difference now is Axl really isn't worth seeing anymore, and his hired guns (excuse the pun, but that's all they are, they really aren't a band) while are all good musicians, just can't compare with even the semi original line up before Slash and Duff left, there's no chemistry there, especially seeing them play like Appetite era songs, gross. .

dude learn your GN'R history...Izzy & Axl wrote all the songs. Slash only added some solos....big deal

long live Guns N' Roses!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMOvq_JzlNI

mrconeman
07-30-2008, 06:54 PM
dude learn your GN'R history...Izzy & Axl wrote all the songs. Slash only added some solos....big deal

long live Guns N' Roses!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMOvq_JzlNI

You're wrong though, not only did Slash and Duff come up with alot of the music, they also both wrote lyrics, it's not difficult to see read the album sleaves.

One example that pops into my head, directly from Slash's book is when he and Duff came up with the music for Rocket Queen at a jam, Axl and Izzy weren't even present.

volcano62
08-01-2008, 05:23 PM
You're wrong though, not only did Slash and Duff come up with alot of the music, they also both wrote lyrics, it's not difficult to see read the album sleaves.

One example that pops into my head, directly from Slash's book is when he and Duff came up with the music for Rocket Queen at a jam, Axl and Izzy weren't even present.

sorry Izzy and Axl wrote 90%

That_Guy91
08-02-2008, 12:08 AM

He's giving you a source, the least you could do is return the favor.

mrconeman
08-02-2008, 02:50 PM

They didn't though, just accept it, God.

Smash_Returns
08-02-2008, 03:12 PM
GnR is awesome (old GnR). Appetite For Destruction is one of my all-time favorite albums.

Duskygrin
08-05-2008, 07:21 PM
guns n roses are awesome. I mean, T2 and those filthy beats. *shakes head* amazing.

one hundred punks
08-08-2008, 04:39 PM
They didn't though, just accept it, God.

Maybe not 90% but def the majority of songs were written by Izzy and Axl.Axl was working on November Rain back in like 85 before he even knew Slash and Duff.The man is a songwriting genius.

volcano62
08-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Maybe not 90% but def the majority of songs were written by Izzy and Axl.Axl was working on November Rain back in like 85 before he even knew Slash and Duff.The man is a songwriting genius.

well said

thank you

mrconeman
08-10-2008, 08:01 PM

Lyrically this would be true, and yeah everyone in the band were great writers, but no Izzy and Axl simply didn't write most of the music, Izzy wrote a buttload, Axl really only took the reigns musically for November Rain. The simple *fact* is that everyone in the band contributed creatively in the musical writing of a good 80% of the songs, other wise it was groups of 2 or 3.

This is all stuff quoted straight from the fucking band in books mags and documentaries , Axl and Izzy included by the way, it's inarguable.

Show me a credible source and not mindless bullshit before posting again plz.

one hundred punks
08-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Lyrically this would be true, and yeah everyone in the band were great writers, but no Izzy and Axl simply didn't write most of the music, Izzy wrote a buttload, Axl really only took the reigns musically for November Rain. The simple *fact* is that everyone in the band contributed creatively in the musical writing of a good 80% of the songs, other wise it was groups of 2 or 3.

This is all stuff quoted straight from the fucking band in books mags and documentaries , Axl and Izzy included by the way, it's inarguable.

Show me a credible source and not mindless bullshit before posting again plz.

Appetite For Destruction:

01. Welcome To The Jungle
- Axl & Slash
02. It's So Easy
- Axl, Slash, Duff & West Arkeen
03. Nightrain
- Axl, Slash, Duff & Izzy
04. Out Ta Get Me
- Axl, Slash & Izzy
05. Mr. Brownstone
- Slash & Izzy
06. Paradise City
07. My Michelle
- Axl & Izzy
08. Think About You
- Axl & Izzy
09. Sweet Child O' Mine
- Axl, Slash & Izzy
10. You're Crazy
- Axl, Slash & Izzy
11. Anything Goes
- Axl, Izzy & Chris Webber
12. Rocket Queen
- Axl, Slash & Izzy

G n' R Lies:

01. Reckless Life
- Axl, Izzy & Chris Webber
02. Nice Boys
- Rose Tattoo
03. Move To The City
- Izzy, Chris Weber & Del James
04. Mama Kin
- Steven Tyler & Joe Perry (Aerosmith)
05. Patience
- Izzy & West Arkeen
06. Used To Love Her
- Axl & Izzy
07. You're Crazy
- Axl, Slash & Izzy
08. One In A Million
- Axl

Use Your Illusion I:

01. Right Next Door To Hell
- Axl, Izzy & Timo Caltia (from Rose Tattoo)
02. Dust N' Bones
- Izzy, Duff & Slash
03. Live And Let Die
- Paul & Linda McCartney
04. Don't Cry (Original)
- Axl & Izzy
05. Perfect Crime
- Axl, Slash & Izzy
06. You Ain't The First
- Izzy
07. Bad Obsession
- Izzy & West Arkeen
08. Back Off Bitch
- Axl, Slash, Paul Tobias & Chris Weber
09. Double Talkin' Jive
- Izzy
10. November Rain
- Axl
11. The Garden
- Axl, West Arkeen & Del James
12. Garden Of Eden
- Axl & Slash
13. Don't Damn Me
- Axl, Slash & Dave Lank
14. Bad Apples
15. Dead Horse
- Axl
16. Coma
- Axl & Slash

Use Your Illusion II:

01. Civil War
- Axl, Slash & Duff
02. 14 Years
- Axl & Izzy
03. Yesterdays
- Axl, West Arkeen, Del James & Billy McLoud
04. Knockin' On Heavens Door
- Bob Dylan
05. Get In The Ring
- Axl, Slash & Duff
06. Shotgun Blues
- Axl
07. Breakdown
- Axl
08. Pretty Tied Up
- Izzy
09. Locomotive
- Axl & Slash
10. So Fine
- Duff
11. Estranged
- Axl
12. You Could Be Mine
- Axl & Izzy
13. Don't Cry (Alt. Lyrics)
- Axl & Izzy
14. My World
- Axl

Other Guns n' Roses songs:

01. Killing Time
- Axl & Chris Webber
02. Rocker
- Axl & Chris Webber
03. Shadow Of Your Love
- Axl, Izzy, Chris Weber & Paul Tobias
04. Whole Lotta Rosie
- AC/DC
05. Sympathy For The Devil
- Mick Jagger & Keith Richards (Rolling Stones)
06. It's Allright
- Black Sabbath
07. Oh My God
- Axl, Dizzy & Paul Tobias

mrconeman
08-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Uh...thanks for proving my point?
Those are lyric credits.

one hundred punks
08-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Uh...thanks for proving my point?
Those are lyric credits.

They are?
I am not gonna post these one by one but since you said this is only lyrics:
"Welcome To The Jungle"
(Music: Slash, Rose / Lyrics: Rose)

"Out Ta Get Me"
(Music: Slash, Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose, Stradlin)

"Paradise City"
(Music: McKagan, Slash, Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose, McKagan)

"My Michelle"
(Music: Rose, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose)

"Rocket Queen"
(Music: Rose, Slash, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose)

"Anything Goes"
(Music: Stradlin, Rose, Weber / Lyrics: Stradlin, Rose)
"Sweet Child O' Mine"
(Music: Rose, Slash, Stradlin / Lyrics: Rose)

"Right Next Door To Hell"
(Stradlin / Caltia / Rose)

"Don't Cry (Original)"
(Stradlin / Rose)

"November Rain"
(Rose)

"Dead Horse"
(Rose)

Axl and Izzy were the main lyrical/music composers for GNR.Maybe not 90% but certainly the majority.I am not denying the importance of the former members.It is silly to think that Axl cannot write successfully on his own or with the new guys.

mrconeman
08-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I didn't once say the new band/Axl can't write...

Also, Axl, only playing piano, and guitar (on one track), Definitely didn't contribute to the actual song structures nearly as much as those credits say, that has to be including his vocal melodies. He wrote/recorded the intro to Dead Horse, and November Rain's piano is all him, but thinking he contributed musically in any way other than vocals on the whole Appetite era is just plain wrong.

But yeah, all I disputed was that ridiculous 90% claim, not even close. Izzy did write a lot of it in conjunction with Slash, Duff, or both though.

one hundred punks
08-11-2008, 11:16 PM
I didn't once say the new band/Axl can't write...

Also, Axl, only playing piano, and guitar (on one track), Definitely didn't contribute to the actual song structures nearly as much as those credits say, that has to be including his vocal melodies. He wrote/recorded the intro to Dead Horse, and November Rain's piano is all him, but thinking he contributed musically in any way other than vocals on the whole Appetite era is just plain wrong.

But yeah, all I disputed was that ridiculous 90% claim, not even close. Izzy did write a lot of it in conjunction with Slash, Duff, or both though.

The way I see it is GNR can exist without Slash,Duff etc, but could not exist without Axl.Axl was working on November Rain before GNR was formed so it is not out of the realm of possibility that he contributed musically to AFD.
Would I love to see the guys back together? Sure but having seen the "new" GNR 3 times since 2002, they put on a fantastic show.Anyway, You seem like a cool and knowledgeable GNR fan:)

one hundred punks
08-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Bump for Shacklers Revenge!

dff_punk
09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
You mean this (http://rapidshare.com/files/137562173/thesequel.mp3.html) one?

It is a bit weird as a whole, but the chorus is fantastic imho.

one hundred punks
09-28-2008, 02:24 AM
DATE: Sept. 26, 2008
SOURCE: Billboard

Billboard says GNR appears to close a deal to be the exclusive retailer for CD.

September 26, 2008 , 3:10 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Best Buy is set to be the exclusive retailer for Guns N' Roses decade-plus-in-the-making new album "Chinese Democracy" before year's end, sources close to the situation tell Billboard. Some details of the deal are still being worked out, including the release date.

The news brings a semblance of closure to the bizarre history of "Democracy," which Guns N' Roses has been working on since the mid-1990s. Since then, every original member of the once mighty group has left besides vocalist Axl Rose, and millions of dollars have been spent working on the new material.

"Democracy" was most recently on the Interscope release schedule in March 2007. The endless delays encountered by the project reached comic levels this spring, when soft drink manufacturer Dr Pepper offered to send a free can of the beverage to "everyone in America" (excluding ex-GNR members Slash and Buckethead) if "Chinese Democracy" were to arrive anytime during the calendar year 2008.

In June, nine purported "mastered, finished" tracks from the album were leaked online, prompting an FBI investigation into their source. A sign "Chinese Democracy" was perhaps finally nearing release came in July, when the band agreed to debut new track "Shackler's Revenge" in the video game "Rock Band 2," which hit stores earlier this month.

Guns N' Roses is now managed by Irving Azoff's Front Line Management, and Azoff is a well-known proponent of issuing albums exclusively through retailers. He released the Eagles' "Long Road Out of Eden" through Wal-Mart in 2007, much to the chagrin of other merchants, but the album was a runaway hit, having sold 3.1 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003855688

DATE: Sept. 26, 2008
SOURCE: rollingstone.com

Exclusive: Guns N’ Roses Premiering New Song “If the World” in “Body of Lies,” Release Date Reserved
9/26/08, 5:14 pm EST

There’s yet another sign that this might finally be the year for Guns N’ Roses long-in-the-works Chinese Democracy. Rolling Stone can confirm that the album track “If The World” — a version of which leaked earlier this year — will appear in the upcoming Leonard Dicaprio/Russell Crowe movie Body of Lies, in theaters October 10th. The track features the guitar work of GNR guitarist Robin Finck, as well as Buckethead, who left the band in 2004. The song plays during the closing credits of the movie, but it won’t appear on the soundtrack album. It will be the second official release of a Chinese Democracy track, as “Shackler’s Revenge” is included in the new Rock Band 2 game. A source has told Rolling Stone that Guns N’ Roses has reserved a November 25th date for the possible release of the album, which will be a Best Buy exclusive.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...n-body-of-lies/

Cock Joke
09-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Why the fuck is it only gonna be at Best Buy!?

one hundred punks
09-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Why the fuck is it only gonna be at Best Buy!?

Cause Axl has spent 15 million of Universals money recording.Irving Azoff manages the Eagles and they sold over 3 million albums as a Wal Mart exclusive last year. so he wants to do the same thing with Guns.Also, BB is gonna have to order like 2 million off the bat.This will cover the cost of recording the albums before one copy is sold.

cool 2 hate 681
10-06-2008, 12:54 PM
anyone know where i can fina a demo of madagascar or I.R.S."