PDA

View Full Version : sex ed

Endymion
12-11-2006, 12:01 AM
itt: sex ed stories.

so i remember one of the videos from sex ed included Sinbad dressed up as a *latex* condom on the shelf at the drug store yelling at people who walked by about the superiority of latex over sheepskin.

anyone else see that one?

Llamas
12-11-2006, 12:04 AM
no but I remember in "never been kissed" when molly shannon gives a sex talk to the class and she uses bananas and they have to put condoms on the bananas. good times. *is not embarassed for liking that movie*

Rag Doll
12-11-2006, 12:09 AM
All we ever saw in sex ed were Lifetime movies. =\

Endymion
12-11-2006, 12:11 AM
ps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkGVhmw7x9Q

Llamas
12-11-2006, 12:18 AM
All we ever saw in sex ed were Lifetime movies. =\

LOL I'm jealous.

I actually never took sex ed. It was a part of health class... and I transferred schools in 7th grade... my new school didn't tell me I needed this health class requirement... until february of my senior year. So I had like 3 months to complete 7th grade health. My AP biology teacher and I were actually friends, and I told her about it, so she offered to tutor me in it. Basically, she gave me a health textbook she had, had me read a chapter whenever I wanted, and then gave me a "quiz" which was really just questions from the end of the chapter. Was sweet, and I learned about sex at the age of 18!!

nightvision
12-11-2006, 02:07 AM
We never had sex ed at my school so I still don't know how to "do it" :(

ninthlayer
12-11-2006, 02:23 AM
I still don't know how to "do it" :(
This fails to surprise me.

wheelchairman
12-11-2006, 02:34 AM
Sex Ed in Oregon is extremely scientific. We never actually have any idea what sex is, but we sure as fuck know what a fillopian tube is.

In Denmark it consists of pointing out where the clitoris is and what may or may not feel nice for both sexes.

LOL

Vera
12-11-2006, 02:49 AM
In Finland, if I recall correctly, the first priority was technicalities (insert tab A into slot B, repeat), the second was safety (okay, kids, let's hear what chlamydia can be like!) and third was post scriptum (oh, and there's this thing called love and it's very important to have in a sexual relationship built on trust).

Tizzalicious
12-11-2006, 02:50 AM
Sex Ed in Oregon is extremely scientific. We never actually have any idea what sex is, but we sure as fuck know what a fillopian tube is.

In Denmark it consists of pointing out where the clitoris is and what may or may not feel nice for both sexes.

LOL

Too bad you had sex ed in Oregon :(

Llamas
12-11-2006, 03:06 AM

That's what sex ed is in the US in general.

and lol at tizz's post.

Paint_It_Black
12-11-2006, 03:24 AM
I thought sex education in the US consisted of "get married, then figure it out".

Llamas
12-11-2006, 03:31 AM
no no no that's in ultra conservative hick areas. :)

Paint_It_Black
12-11-2006, 03:32 AM
Ah, see I've spent most of my time in Kansas.

Llamas
12-11-2006, 03:56 AM
You betta save yo'self for marriage then!

And by marriage, I mean me.

Vera
12-11-2006, 04:15 AM

Cheya right. Don't tell me you don't get hot when he starts talking about fillopian tubes.

JoY
12-11-2006, 11:13 AM
(insert tab A into slot B, repeat).

MARRY ME!

there'll be sex, of course.

the_GoDdEsS
12-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Sex ed is too stereotyped. We've had a class for teachers at uni which was called that but was more about gender roles and family roles than anything else. And discussing whether it should be in the curriculum for kids and in what ways. Sort of interesting with sociological research and shit. But back in school everybody was awkward about it.

Rag Doll
12-11-2006, 11:25 AM
LOL I'm jealous.

it was so ridiculous.

we had so many babiez havin teh babiez. and the school district was all like, "our kids dont have teh secks, they're rich & white! that happens in the ghettoooo, like paptown". bwah.

0r4ng3
12-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Back when my school taught it, this was pretty much all it was.

Also, the thread title looks like "sexed", and I thought that was pretty funny.

sKratch
12-11-2006, 12:20 PM

this post is full of roflpwn.

calichix
12-11-2006, 02:44 PM
ewwwww we had to recreate all these gross pictures of VD-infested genitalia and put a condom on a dildo in front of the class. Everytime someone did it right they'd get an admonishing look from the teacher.

hahaha, Samantha, what'd they make you watch? 'She Said No'? 'Generic Movie About A Woman Being Raped Or Abused'?

JohnnyNemesis
12-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Everytime someone did it right they'd get an admonishing look from the teacher.

HA! That's fucked up!

All I remember about my sex ed experiences was watching a video from 7th grade health class where they interviewed a girl who had just started menstruating and she was like "one time I looked in my panties and I think I saw tiny little eggs in the blood!"

And I was all like "What. the. fuck?!"

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-11-2006, 02:52 PM
I had a seventh grade health class, but not sex-ed yet. Those videos were quite interesting though.

We watched this video and this one boy was like: "I thought I was different when I had an erection, but one time when I was in science class and had one, I saw the boy next to me had one too! I felt so much better then."

Edit: You can't forget the "how to put in a tampon video", either. Even the guys were forced to watch that one. You know, just in case we have to help a special friend?

killer_queen
12-11-2006, 02:57 PM
We had sex education on 7th grade too. Actually it wasn't a real sex education. They put the girls and the boys in seperated rooms (wtf?) and told the girls (I still don't know what they told the boys) "you'll have periods and boys will not. Don't do anything that can make us and your family embarrassed!!"

And I recall a girl asking "so, when we have periods every month, we'll get pregnant every month?" She got married last year, by the way.

JoY
12-11-2006, 03:04 PM
she thought marriage was the way to pregnancy??

we got our sex talk in school when we were.. 11, or so? we giggled a lot. then, in high school, it was all about sexual organs & stuff, sex explained the boring way. in med school last year we had a chapter in which the different stages of sexual excitement were explained. 22. I'm 22 years of age & STILL it made me giggle & blush like crazy. not to mention I'm everything but a virgin & use rather ..rude language myself when it comes to sex. but everything's so official when explained medically. it's.. embarrassing, because all your sexy thoughts & deeds suddenly get a rational, scientific, boring explanation.

Llamas
12-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Aw come on, sex stuff is hilarious to everyone regardless of age when you're learning it in a formal setting! Even in college, I'd be working on some assignment with a photo of the bare genitalia and I'd pretty much lol.

Rag Doll
12-11-2006, 07:31 PM
hahaha, Samantha, what'd they make you watch? 'She Said No'? 'Generic Movie About A Woman Being Raped Or Abused'?

uhhh. i dun even know. we watched a lot of them. i remember one about a girl date raped at a frat party and then murdered and her body was burned to hide the evidence. we watched a lot of rape/abuse ones though.

0r4ng3
12-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Well, it seems like they prepared you pretty well for real life.

Little_Miss_1565
12-11-2006, 07:35 PM
ps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkGVhmw7x9Q

GOD DAMN IT, YOU MADE ME SAY CANDLE JACK.

h8.

SkunkIt
12-11-2006, 09:40 PM
I also had to watch Liftime movies.

We also had to watch child birth on T.V. so I just looked away. It was even a close up.

As for sex ed teachers, mine was a homophobic and made alot of homophobic remarks. She also said you can't stick anything up your ass.

Actually, noone learned much In that class and we did alot of crossword puzzles.

We also had some ladies with aids, herpes and unwanted children visit us.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-12-2006, 01:03 AM
All I remember about my sex ed experiences was watching a video from 7th grade health class where they interviewed a girl who had just started menstruating and she was like "one time I looked in my panties and I think I saw tiny little eggs in the blood!"

AAAAAAH IT BURNS MY EYES

Am I the only one that seemed to have a relatively normal sex ed experience? No condoms on dildos (we were a Catholic school, so for all intents and purposes condoms didn't exist), no embarassing videos, and no.. admonishing looks from teachers.

Tizzalicious
12-12-2006, 01:12 AM
We had sex ed in biology class, my biology teacher pretty much resembled the 40 year old virgin (except I think he was more like 50, and he had a beard), so if I suck at teh sex, that's why.

And dude, I've never seen eggs in my mentruation blood. Gross.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 01:26 AM
AAAAAAH IT BURNS MY EYES

Am I the only one that seemed to have a relatively normal sex ed experience? No condoms on dildos (we were a Catholic school, so for all intents and purposes condoms didn't exist), no embarassing videos, and no.. admonishing looks from teachers.

so... catholic school. did they just teach abstinance until marriage?

We had sex ed in biology class, my biology teacher pretty much resembled the 40 year old virgin (except I think he was more like 50, and he had a beard), so if I suck at teh sex, that's why.

And dude, I've never seen eggs in my mentruation blood. Gross.

I've never looked close enough at my blood, eww. And my biology teacher was super christian. Great lady. She was super christian and totally supported the idea of abstinance until marriage (I only knew that because I asked her, though; she didn't preach it in class or anything), but she still did a good job of trying to be more scientific and thorough about it.

ninthlayer
12-12-2006, 01:50 AM
For me, sex ed was pretty much graded on one's ability to say penis/vagina without giggling.

Oh, we also had those little events where they divided the sexes into two different classrooms, made us watch movies, and allowed us to ask any questions we had about all things sexual. This was in like fourth and fifth grade, so we'd always end up with someone sending the question "What's a boner?" up for the guidance counselor to answer. It was pretty much gg.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 01:52 AM
This was in like fourth and fifth grade, so we'd always end up with someone sending the question "What's a boner?" up for the guidance counselor to answer. It was pretty much gg.

Damn, boys ask better questions than girls. The girls would always ask, "how do I make boys like me?"

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 01:55 AM
The girls would always ask, "how do I make boys like me?"

The correct answer is: tits or gtfo.

ninthlayer
12-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Girls actually took that shit seriously? We always just tried to embarass whoever was giving us the lecture.

Obviously, by asking such mature and pertinent questions as:
"What's cum?"
"What's a boner?"
"What's a dildo?"

Ah, nothing's gonna touch us in these golden years.

Betty
12-12-2006, 01:59 AM
My teacher read us a book in grade 4... "Et papa insert son penis dans le vagin de maman et il cri 'youpi!'" That was somewhat scarring.

Also in grade 4, they separated the boys from the girls and taught the girls about menstruation and tampons and the like. After that I was always worried about starting my period, but that didn't happen for like another 6 years... so stressful. They probably taught the boys about being respectful towards girls and wet dreams and stuff, I'm not entirely sure.

I missed the class where my classmates got to play pin the pubic hair on the body.

We also got the physical breakdown of the reproductive systems in great detail.

In grade 9 we got the STD and birth control and abstinence spiel.

I learned everything practical about sex from the Sunday Night Sex Show by the time I was 15 or 16. I still don't understand how some people can be so oblivious about things.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 02:07 AM
I learned everything practical about sex from the Sunday Night Sex Show by the time I was 15 or 16. I still don't understand how some people can be so oblivious about things.

mmm, a lot of parents are more active in what their kids watch. and mine were overly religious. my mom didn't even approve of me watching buffy when I was 15, let alone anything that informed me about sex.

Betty
12-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Oh for sure.

I'm also partly referring to all the 30 year old people calling in to that show with RIDICULOUS questions.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 02:20 AM
hahaha... gotcha. I've never seen it. But assume similar to 40 year old virgin? I wasn't a huge fan of that movie, but there were two awesome scenes... the part where her talks about boobs as feeling like bags of sand, and the part where he's asking the counsellor lady "is it true that if you don't lose it you'll lose it?" oh , lolz.

Paint_It_Black
12-12-2006, 03:41 AM
my mom didn't even approve of me watching buffy

Post season 3 I agree with her.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:58 AM
When I was 15, they were in season 3. :P

Season 6 is the only really bad one, though. Season 4 has the sex episode with Riley... but season 6 has all the sex with Spike, and the lesbian scene between willow and tara. Oh, and season 7 is pretty bad in like one episode (willow/kennedy, Anja/Xander... I forget the other pairs).

Paint_It_Black
12-12-2006, 04:03 AM
You get points for trying to keep Buffy talk on-topic.

You lose points for being just plain wrong.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:07 AM
Where was I wrong?? :(

killer_queen
12-12-2006, 04:10 AM
Just stop talking about that stupid Buffy. It's annoying.

Let's talk about House. What happened on 3rd season?

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:30 AM
Just stop talking about that stupid Buffy. It's annoying.

Let's talk about House. What happened on 3rd season?

wtf stfu ur lame. :(

Tired_Of_You
12-12-2006, 07:34 AM
My teacher read us a book in grade 4... "Et papa insert son penis dans le vagin de maman et il cri 'youpi!'" That was somewhat scarring.Hahahahaha. I had a book when I was really young and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same one. How come it was in French?

I had what they call Formation Personnelle et Sociale (personnal and social education? It doesn't exist anymore I think. My class was one of the last - if not the last- to have it) in grade 7 and 8 and there was a part where the teacher talked about sex. The teacher taught us how to use condoms, what feels good and what doesn't, STDs, birth control, the reproductive systems etc. The teacher had made us write on a paper whether we had had sex once or not (we didn't write our name or anything) and I remember there were a couple of people who had already done it. We were all 12 years old.

Then in grade 9, I had a biology class and we had a sex ed part. We watched movies ; pregnancy, STDs again, menstruation, etc. There was a nurse who was there for one of our classes once and we all had to ask her a question. She didn't know who was asking it, because it was on a paper without our name. I don't remember what I asked. I think it was a good idea, though.

SkunkIt
12-14-2006, 01:14 PM
I forgot to mention, I never learned about menstration, so when I got It, I thought I had an "airbourne STD". Ha ha.

Paint_It_Black
12-14-2006, 01:16 PM
So, uh, that means you were sexually active at the time then? Wow.

SkunkIt
12-14-2006, 01:18 PM
Nope, I thought STD's were airbourne.

Llamas
12-14-2006, 02:02 PM
I forgot to mention, I never learned about menstration, so when I got It, I thought I had an "airbourne STD". Ha ha.

I totally thought you were a guy.

T-6005
12-14-2006, 02:06 PM
I totally thought you were a guy.
Hah. Next you'll claim you thought I was a guy.

Llamas
12-14-2006, 02:07 PM
You ARE a guy. :p

T-6005
12-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Only when Richard is sober.

killer_queen
12-14-2006, 02:12 PM
I thought Thibault was gay for a while because Richard was always calling him gay and he sounded so serious and I was a little stupid. I don't even know why I said that now.

T-6005
12-14-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm almost hurt.

Close enough that I block-deleted one of your countrymen right after they told me "I want a new MSN friend.:) "

Goodbye strange Turk.

killer_queen
12-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Oh, come oooon, you are like the only one who doesn't say "zomg, sects please" all the time. Except..when you're not talking to Richard.

Revolver-2005?
12-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I remember watching this cartoon in sex ed with a little spanish boy walking into his fathers garage and in a very stereotypical Mexican accent said to his father

"Poppy my weiner has been leaking!"

To which his father replied in a strangely white/nerdy voice totally different than his sons

"That's perfectly normal son!" The father then proceeds to pull down a poster of diagram of the male genitalia....who has one of those in their garage??

Strangest fucking video I ever saw, and I still don't know why my weiner leaks.

Llamas
12-14-2006, 03:57 PM
I remember watching this cartoon in sex ed with a little spanish boy walking into his fathers garage and in a very stereotypical Mexican accent said to his father

"Poppy my weiner has been leaking!"

To which his father replied in a strangely white/nerdy voice totally different than his sons

"That's perfectly normal son!" The father then proceeds to pull down his pants

this is how I thought this was going to read. and I think this is an improvement.

Paint_It_Black
12-14-2006, 04:11 PM
I thought Thibault was gay for a while

Why did you stop?

T-6005
12-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Why did you stop?
She wants me.

Obviously.

killer_queen
12-15-2006, 03:34 AM
^ Truer words have never been said.

Paint_It_Black
12-15-2006, 03:37 AM
But Thibault wants me. I say a threesome would solve this potentially devastating love triangle.

Jakebert
12-15-2006, 03:52 AM
All I remember about my sex-ed class was that our teacher told us getting an erection when it's raining doesn't mean that you're attracted to the rain. Needless to say, we were all very glad he cleared that up.

Paint_It_Black
12-15-2006, 03:53 AM
Did he follow up with saying getting an erection in class doesn't mean he should be fired?

DeAtHsTaR
12-15-2006, 06:30 AM

Quoted for truth.

DeAtHsTaR
12-15-2006, 06:35 AM
Oh wait, we DID have to put a condom on a banana. Fun shit.

Paint_It_Black
12-15-2006, 06:38 AM
Did you use your mouth?

DeAtHsTaR
12-15-2006, 06:45 AM
Did you use your mouth?

No, I'm not that skilled. I kept the banana for a while though, ripped condom and all. I think I ended up putting it in someone's mailbox.