PDA

View Full Version : UK Tour!

tommilee
12-11-2006, 11:47 AM
is it happening anyone??

or are they only going to just do a few shows in London?

F@ BANKZ
12-11-2006, 01:28 PM
World tour after the new album, my brother saw them at the Appolo in Manchester last world tour, i think they have enough fans here to move around abit

basuk
12-12-2006, 02:08 AM
I hope they come to Manchester. If they do I will be sleeping outside of the box office waiting to buy tickets. I'll be like two weeks early....ok maybe not two weeks but I WILL be seeing them! Wooo

tommilee
12-12-2006, 02:11 AM
they should go to Nottingham!!

F@ BANKZ
12-12-2006, 08:32 AM
We'll just have to wait and see. I'll be going wherever they are in this country though.

nameless
12-12-2006, 03:38 PM
the last 3 uk tours have just been london, manchester and glasgow. unless the new album is absolutely huge, i cant see them playing anywhere else! they do play reading and leeds festivals quite a lot though!

Bazza
12-12-2006, 07:17 PM

I second that. But they should do a small venue, like Rock City, it'd be amazing.

tommilee
12-18-2006, 08:37 AM
I second that. But they should do a small venue, like Rock City, it'd be amazing.

hell yeah! that would be fucking ace! the mosh!!

Rich123
01-06-2007, 06:34 PM
i really hope they headline leeds fest,

would make my fucking year :D

~*hit_that*~
01-07-2007, 04:32 AM

Rock City is an amazing venue!!! Even if I have only been there once...Somewhere near B'ham would be good too. But I wouldn't mind the travelling!

nameless
01-07-2007, 03:21 PM
the thing that bugs me about well known bands doing "club shows" is that a lot of the time all the tickets have to be won in radio or online contests and the chances of winning are so slim! or if they do go on sale, touts have a field day and just exploit everyone. club shows are great if you can get into them but i think bands should do them whilst actually touring rather than just coming over and playing a one off show!

Lodat225
01-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Nope. It will never happen. You should just quit on The Offspring, and move on to something better.

Something less pop.

tommilee
01-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Nope. It will never happen. You should just quit on The Offspring, and move on to something better.

Something less pop.

No Wai!!!!!:eek:

F@ BANKZ
01-10-2007, 11:45 AM

Agreed, I'd buy a ticket worth three and travel from the other side of the country to see them in a smaller venue.

In light of what nameless says, you could just raise the price i guess.

nameless
01-10-2007, 02:54 PM
thing is people would still buy them to sell on, no matter what the price. however, i hear glastonbury are going to ridiculous lengths this year to cut out ticket touting, it just needs to be stopped! id live to see them in a samll venue as well but dont think it will ever happen!

F@ BANKZ
01-13-2007, 12:38 PM
thing is people would still buy them to sell on, no matter what the price. however, i hear glastonbury are going to ridiculous lengths this year to cut out ticket touting, it just needs to be stopped! id live to see them in a samll venue as well but dont think it will ever happen!

Don't get too down, i hear they played Manchester Accadamy which holds like 500 people when my brother saw them because they didn't like the M.E.N which holds a stupid number of people.

nameless
01-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Don't get too down, i hear they played Manchester Accadamy which holds like 500 people when my brother saw them because they didn't like the M.E.N which holds a stupid number of people.

didnt hear about that gig, the only club gigs i can think of are the highbury garage, leeds cockpit and the one on the river thames! maybe they do more than i assumed!

F@ BANKZ
01-14-2007, 01:44 PM
sweet, there were afew then, see you somewhere in england (so long as its a small enought venue i can see you, and i know who you are, and.... Ahh i probably wont see you.

Bazza
01-14-2007, 03:30 PM
the thing that bugs me about well known bands doing "club shows" is that a lot of the time all the tickets have to be won in radio or online contests and the chances of winning are so slim! or if they do go on sale, touts have a field day and just exploit everyone. club shows are great if you can get into them but i think bands should do them whilst actually touring rather than just coming over and playing a one off show!

They should make tickets exclusively available to BBS members :D

F@ BANKZ
01-15-2007, 12:39 PM
hmmm...i don't know why i don't like that idea, i guess because tere are still big fans out there that don't have time to post here, or just don't do forums.

Bazza
01-16-2007, 12:49 PM
hmmm...i don't know why i don't like that idea, i guess because tere are still big fans out there that don't have time to post here, or just don't do forums.

Yeah I guess so, but they could at least make some available to us lot. Although I guess this is the only "contact" the fans have left with the Offspring, so it'd be nice to be rewarded.

F@ BANKZ
01-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah, i guess that will be cool enough

ABrokenPieceOfRecolletion
02-11-2007, 12:08 PM
they should come back to Glasgow

H1T_That
02-11-2007, 01:18 PM
They should play a small venue like, my bedroom perhaps?

nameless
02-11-2007, 02:43 PM

i cant see it happening but other bands have been known to play living rooms before! they used to run competitions in metal hammer magazine!

Bazza
02-11-2007, 04:49 PM

That sounds a tad bit disturbing...

F@ BANKZ
02-12-2007, 02:58 AM

Just what i was thinking (shivers)

H1T_That
02-19-2007, 09:48 AM

You know you would shag Greg over the drum kit.

F@ BANKZ
02-20-2007, 02:11 PM
For me. Over A drumkit maybe, not over THE drumkit. I don't go cheap:p

hehe this sign is so hands :p:p:p

defyuk
03-15-2007, 04:20 AM
definately should do a midlands show, either nottingham or birmingham!

Bazza
03-15-2007, 04:56 AM
definately should do a midlands show, either nottingham or birmingham!

Nottingham would be better than Birmingham, as long as they did Rock City :D

The ice-centre in Nottingham would be too big, I want a small venue goddamnit!

defyuk
03-15-2007, 05:00 AM
yeah rock city would be good, but i don't think they'd want to play small venues! if they did nottingham they would do the ice place or in birmingham possibly the NIA. either way i don't care if its big or small as long as its not another trek to Brixton! they do north and south and they've gotta go through the middle to get between the two so why not stop for a show!

Bazza
03-16-2007, 03:30 AM
Yeah it's a pain not doing th middle, not even Brum. But I dunno how many time I'm gonna say, COME TO ROCK CITY!!

It would fullfill a dream of mine.

nameless
03-16-2007, 05:10 PM
they only ever seem to play london, manchester and glasgow, i cant see them changing!

F@ BANKZ
03-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Yeah they won't play many venues; they don't have the same fan basis here they have in other parts of the world: though alot of people know of them there, arn't that many that will pay good money for pretty high priced tickets to see The Offspring.

Zeall
03-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Manchester would be good for me, it's not too far away

Bazza
03-17-2007, 02:28 AM
I could possible get to Manchester, my grandparents live there and I have a couple of friends there, but obviously a midlands venue would be more suitable. London is out of the question, unless there's decent parking near the stadium?

F@ BANKZ
03-17-2007, 03:26 PM
I'll go anywhere in the country to see them, though the most suitable, likely location would be Manchester for me too. I genuinely hope its a small venue, the MEN just wouldn't be quite as good, though i'm sure i wouldn't lose that much sleep over it.

nameless
03-18-2007, 04:15 PM
I could possible get to Manchester, my grandparents live there and I have a couple of friends there, but obviously a midlands venue would be more suitable. London is out of the question, unless there's decent parking near the stadium?

they will probably play at the new wembley which should have decent parking but id imagine it would be a bit of a nightmare leaving the venue and trying to drive away!

does anyone know the capacity of the NIA or bimigham accademy. i think the MEN holds about 15,000 and they did sell it out on the 2004 tour!

Offspringslave
03-21-2007, 02:04 AM
reading fest wud be awesome i just booked tickets and the last time they came THEY ROCKED!! so yeah....

P.S OFFSPRING+READING FEST= GREATEST WEEKEND EVER!

Jack-o
03-21-2007, 02:04 PM
i went to see them in 2005 in london apollo in brixton and they were AMAZING, are the DEFINATELY coming to England????

Fat Boy Samsam
03-21-2007, 02:08 PM
are the DEFINATELY coming to England????

YES YES YES - just waiting for the dates now. Looks like end of August time and maybe one of the festivals (V or Reading)

nameless
03-21-2007, 07:56 PM
i think a lot of the main bands for reading and leeds have been announced ao i dont think they will play it, unless they are a very late addition!

defyuk
03-22-2007, 06:28 AM
id be surprised if they play either, because as has been said before most of the main bands have been announced for Reading and leeds. but then again i predicted that they would would definately be playing so im not really very good at predicting!!! and also for V, most of the lineup has been announced and i can't see them playing the smallest stage at V! what about Glastonbury??? would they play there?

F@ BANKZ
03-22-2007, 11:47 AM
what about Glastonbury??? would they play there?

It has been known:p.

I doubt they will play any festivals here, they're too famous not to be headliners, if they wern't announced on time the festivals would lose alot of potential profit. And i very much doubt they would skip the UK out of the world tour all-together.

nameless
03-22-2007, 07:59 PM
i seem to rememebr a few years ago they werent announced straight away that they would be playing, but i cant see it this year. it sounds like there a been a mess with the tickets and about 3000 people who booked them have now been told they cant have them!

im not sure how much day tickets are but either way, looking at the lineup, id really only be going to see the offspring if i did go!

F@ BANKZ
03-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Yeah the line-up is pretty lame, or at least would be if it didn't have Offspring playing

Bazza
03-23-2007, 09:57 PM
I'd rather see them at a tour gig than at a festival. Mainly because a tour gig is all about them so they are gonna provide a better show (although I'm not not saying they wouldn't give a good show at festival just that a gig would be better).

nameless
03-24-2007, 08:32 PM
I'd rather see them at a tour gig than at a festival. Mainly because a tour gig is all about them so they are gonna provide a better show (although I'm not not saying they wouldn't give a good show at festival just that a gig would be better).

id prefer that as well! i also remember the rumours about a festival they did where they were given a set duration but elected to not use it and play a shorter set! not sure if its true or whether they would do it again!

Jack-UK
03-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Im definately getting tickets to their first london tour with the new album.. i hope they still play some of their old school songs as well as the new ones...

nameless
03-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Im definately getting tickets to their first london tour with the new album.. i hope they still play some of their old school songs as well as the new ones...

they will probably only tour the uk once with the new album, let alone london! probably wont play anything before smash though!

icklebabygremlin
03-26-2007, 05:18 AM
World tour after the new album, my brother saw them at the Appolo in Manchester last world tour, i think they have enough fans here to move around abit

i was there!

fuck me it was amazing

F@ BANKZ
03-26-2007, 08:25 AM
they will probably only tour the uk once with the new album, let alone london! probably wont play anything before smash though!
I'd imagine they will end up in London, it wouldn't make sence not to play the capital. They could well play Dirty Magic, and very possibly Kick Him When He's Down/Beheaded, other than that i think they always play the 3 singles from Smash right?

i was there!

fuck me it was amazing

Bloody lucky sod.

nameless
03-26-2007, 02:22 PM
i meant they would play london/uk once rather than doing a few tours like other bands do! i just hope they do throw in some older songs!

leilerz
04-03-2007, 01:24 AM
I really hope they come to Glasgow, never seen them live but its definately something I would love to go to.:D

Offspring_Fan
04-07-2007, 05:39 AM
i live far down south in Plymouth, so i just hope they feel like doing a gig down here. We have had MCR, LostProphets, Status Quo and Meat Loaf so i dont see reason why not.

F@ BANKZ
04-07-2007, 07:33 AM
If they want to play my back garden i'll get them a free venue, it holds 10,000 people:rolleyes: Free cake with every booking.

Jack-UK
04-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Count me in :P

Ahhh, how fast to offspring tickets usually snap up by the way? I aint been to a gig yet :\ (dont ask me why, i dont know myself..)

I bloody hope they play Americana, Dirty Magic etc... Love them songs.. im pretty sure they'll play Americana its one of their best songs live IMO...

F@ BANKZ
04-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Count me in :P

Ahhh, how fast to offspring tickets usually snap up by the way? I aint been to a gig yet :\ (dont ask me why, i dont know myself..)

I bloody hope they play Americana, Dirty Magic etc... Love them songs.. im pretty sure they'll play Americana its one of their best songs live IMO...

Tickets don't go any faster than other popular bands but assumeing you will see them in the UK you should assume they will eventually sell out and not put off getting them.

Jack-UK
04-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah dont worry i wont be putting it off :D ive just gotta round up some mates to go with once i hear about the dates...

Lupin
04-16-2007, 11:24 AM
On the conspiracy tour 2001, they played the MEN...which was fucking awesome cuz it was the first time i saw them, and they played Session as well. When they headed up to Glasgow, they played a song or two acoustically 'cuz the sound rig was fucked. If i remember rightly Vultures was one of them.
If anyone was there, it was the day i got into AFI who where there plugging 'Art of Drowning' and also 'A' who where there just for a joke i think.

When they do go out on tour if they play Manc Apollo again they should do two nights. Getting tickets for the last one was a ball ache.
________
Vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/)

F@ BANKZ
04-17-2007, 08:46 AM
When they do go out on tour if they play Manc Apollo again they should do two nights.

I agree
Go to the Apollo again if you ever read this.

nameless
04-17-2007, 04:50 PM
On the conspiracy tour 2001, they played the MEN...which was fucking awesome cuz it was the first time i saw them, and they played Session as well. When they headed up to Glasgow, they played a song or two acoustically 'cuz the sound rig was fucked. If i remember rightly Vultures was one of them.
If anyone was there, it was the day i got into AFI who where there plugging 'Art of Drowning' and also 'A' who where there just for a joke i think.

When they do go out on tour if they play Manc Apollo again they should do two nights. Getting tickets for the last one was a ball ache.

i first discovered afi on that tour as well. a band called caffeine played at the london shows, they werent brilliant, just your typical opening band. A went on to become pretty big if i remember correctly but i havent heard much of them lately! i think they will just do the usual, one night at london, manchester and glasgow, unless their new album is as succesful as smash or americana!

Lupin
04-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah, i kinda liked the whole 'apollo' gig in manchester. Its a smaller venue, and if anyones been to the MEN (which is like a giant cave) is great for seein a band as 'crowd friendly' as the 'spring.
It actually pissed me off at the time that Caffeine played everywhere bar Manchester...cuz i'd never heard of A, and after a few months of hearing 'Nothing' i wished i never had.
The 'spring are big enough to play the 'arena' venues in the UK but im of the belief that they'd be better if they did several smaller venues (small as in - less than 10 thousand). Its a more vibrant atmosphere being my one and only point.
________
Lamborghini 400gt monza specifications (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_400GT_Monza)

F@ BANKZ
04-18-2007, 12:08 AM
People wouldn't care about the price, if it is a small venue they can sell the tickets for so much more and we probably just wouldn't care.

nameless
04-18-2007, 03:05 PM
id be happy just seeing them play anywhere. due to their fan base it makes more sense to play larger venues. they dont seem to be the type of band that would go on tour all year and they would have to play smaller venues over and over to meet demand.

no disrespect to anyone, but everyone wants to see them in small venues but i bet youd all be complaining if they did a club show tour and you missed out!

Lupin
04-18-2007, 04:49 PM
no disrespect to anyone, but everyone wants to see them in small venues but i bet youd all be complaining if they did a club show tour and you missed out!

yeah, i know i would...but, thats why coming on the bb's every nite of late is becoming staple. 'New Album Alert' an' all that!! Meh seriously tho, you can always get tickets for a gig.
________
YAMAHA R15 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_R15)

F@ BANKZ
04-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Yeah, fortunately people sell tickets on, usually it is just a matter of how badly you want them.

nameless
04-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Yeah, fortunately people sell tickets on, usually it is just a matter of how badly you want them.

hopefully that should all be a thing of the past if the government finally do what the say they will and actually clamp down on ticket touts!

F@ BANKZ
04-21-2007, 06:44 AM
I don't see what they're doing wrong so long as they don't get tickets from a people's poll and don't completely rip people off, as far as i can see that is effectively just the same as any other investment.

nameless
04-21-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't see what they're doing wrong so long as they don't get tickets from a people's poll and don't completely rip people off, as far as i can see that is effectively just the same as any other investment.

i kinda see what you mean, its like dog eat dog! i just hate them, its exploitation for a start! i can understand making a few pounds on a ticket but its too easy these days to just buy in bulk and sell at a ridiculous profit. i know nobody has to buy the tickets but why should they miss out because of some greedy idiot.

as soon as decent bands announce tours, minutes after they have gone on sale and are selling out from official ticket agencies, they are being listed on ebay. i can understand people not being able to go and selling them on for a slight profit but the majority have no interest in attending the gig whatsoever!

the government a while ago decided that when tickets are sold on, the seller would have to let the buyer know the face value. i dont understand how they thought this would help tackle the issue of bulk buying and selling for a profit.

its too easy with sites like ebay, people can make money with a few minutes work on the computer every night. if ebay stopped ticket listings like that and people had to go to a venue and stand outside selling tickets or putting adverts in local papers, i guaranatee loads of people wouldnt bother.

everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and doing it so more and more people are having to buy tickets from secondary sources at stupid prices. what would happen if the venue promoter or ticket agencies saw what money people are prepared to pay and rethought their prices?! touts would raise their prices and the knock on effect occurs!

saying this, i have landed a few bargains on gig tickets from ebay but still, the sooner touts are banned the better! i know many of you may not agree but its just my opinion on the matter!

rant over!

Jack-UK
04-22-2007, 05:50 AM
i cant stand people who resell tickets, really pisses me off. festivals are the worst for it, u spend hours trying to get onto the bloody site, only to find they've all been sold out to some cunt 10 minutes later who has them on ebay selling them for profit.

Theres nothing wrong with grabbing a few tickets to sell on to your mates, cause thats what u have to do if the tickets sell out crazily... but some people just buy huge amounts and then they're on ebay 30 minutes after with insane prices.

Still, i doubt offspring will sell out really quick.. but greatest hits seems to have been a real success so who knows how many people are gonna be up for the next tour..

Main reason im on these boards is to get the first news of the new tour + album heh...

F@ BANKZ
04-22-2007, 09:17 AM
i kinda see what you mean, its like dog eat dog! i just hate them, its exploitation for a start! i can understand making a few pounds on a ticket but its too easy these days to just buy in bulk and sell at a ridiculous profit. i know nobody has to buy the tickets but why should they miss out because of some greedy idiot.

as soon as decent bands announce tours, minutes after they have gone on sale and are selling out from official ticket agencies, they are being listed on ebay. i can understand people not being able to go and selling them on for a slight profit but the majority have no interest in attending the gig whatsoever!

the government a while ago decided that when tickets are sold on, the seller would have to let the buyer know the face value. i dont understand how they thought this would help tackle the issue of bulk buying and selling for a profit.

its too easy with sites like ebay, people can make money with a few minutes work on the computer every night. if ebay stopped ticket listings like that and people had to go to a venue and stand outside selling tickets or putting adverts in local papers, i guaranatee loads of people wouldnt bother.

everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and doing it so more and more people are having to buy tickets from secondary sources at stupid prices. what would happen if the venue promoter or ticket agencies saw what money people are prepared to pay and rethought their prices?! touts would raise their prices and the knock on effect occurs!

saying this, i have landed a few bargains on gig tickets from ebay but still, the sooner touts are banned the better! i know many of you may not agree but its just my opinion on the matter!

rant over!

I think doing it for beer money there is no harm in, but when you're doing it with multiple tickets to make mass profits it then becomes bad.

paulrose
05-04-2007, 01:51 PM
definatly! rock city would be an awesome place for them to play :cool:

Bazza
05-06-2007, 03:00 AM
definatly! rock city would be an awesome place for them to play :cool:

Most definitely seconded :D

H1T_That
05-06-2007, 05:28 AM
Nottingham is good choice of venue indeed.

DefaultNinja
05-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Nottingham is good choice of venue indeed.

Yeah, that's not too far from me so I could go.

F@ BANKZ
05-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Hell yeah go to Nottingham, everyone else seems to want you to.

Bazza
05-06-2007, 02:20 PM
That's 6 votes for Nottingham so far :D

F@ BANKZ
05-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Make that 7 *tuggs collar anxiously*

Bazza
05-07-2007, 05:05 PM
We should really make a poll for the choice of venue :rolleyes: *hint*

F@ BANKZ
05-08-2007, 12:15 AM
lol, suttle.

Bazza
05-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Well if we lay down some nominations for venues first of all, then consider a poll.

For example Nottingham Rock City would be my first choice, but I'd also say Manchester, Sheffield (unlikely), Birmingham. Then when we reckon we've got enough venues we can do a poll. Sound good?

H1T_That
05-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Newcastle Carling Academy 2.

F@ BANKZ
05-10-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm against the idea and will continue to crush the suggestion because only a small minority of people on these forums are British and, however sad, people will vote for things that don't affect them. In this instance, the vote of somebody from another continent who will never visit Britain will be as valid as somebody who lives in Rock City.

H1T_That
05-11-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm against the idea and will continue to crush the suggestion because only a small minority of people on these forums are British and, however sad, people will vote for things that don't affect them. In this instance, the vote of somebody from another continent who will never visit Britain will be as valid as somebody who lives in Rock City.

Decent point.

Bazza
05-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Oh well it was a nice idea whilst it lasted.... :(

F@ BANKZ
05-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Haha (evil style), I'm sure the band will take requests if we just get more people to agree. I suggest either bribery or blackmail.

Bazza
05-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Haha (evil style), I'm sure the band will take requests if we just get more people to agree. I suggest either bribery or blackmail.

Hmmm, I think we're gonna need a few thousand people to persuade them our way. That or some decent evidence to bribe them with :rolleyes:

defyuk
05-12-2007, 10:06 AM
why don't we just start a thread about which british venues they should play and just ask that only british members vote? id definately vote for a midlands venue!

F@ BANKZ
05-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I like the idea, could someone else make the thread though; my knowledge of national venues is very limited.

defyuk
05-12-2007, 10:20 AM
my suggestuions would be:

MEN Arena or Apollo (Northen venue)
NIA birmingham or the Ice place in Notts (midlands)
Brixton again for London (south)
SECC glasgow (scotland)
and somewhere in wales but im not sure where they could play, i have no ideas about welsh venues!

if they could play those places it'd suit everyone in the UK (ie everyone would be in reasonable distance of a show) and it wouldn't need to be a particiularly long tour. i know a few of you want smaller vnues but i think realistically, they will only play the larger ones because of the fan base. anyways thats just my opinion, i no some of you won't agree!!

defyuk
05-12-2007, 10:22 AM
I like the idea, could someone else make the thread though; my knowledge of national venues is very limited.

i've just attempted that but couldn't work out how to create a poll

F@ BANKZ
05-12-2007, 12:00 PM
PM me either the band venues you were going to use (I'll check then, no pranks:P) or how to make a poll.

GunForHire
05-12-2007, 04:13 PM
If they play anywhere near Glasgow I'll fly over to see them!

nameless
05-12-2007, 07:25 PM
on the last actual tours they have only played london, manchester and glasgow and i doubt it will change next time. it must be something to do with the promoter or booking agent that they dont play other cities!

F@ BANKZ
05-13-2007, 12:31 AM
I wouldn't actually be surprised if they played a show in Ireland too, there seems to be alot of requests for one.

tommilee
05-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah it's a pain not doing th middle, not even Brum. But I dunno how many time I'm gonna say, COME TO ROCK CITY!!

It would fullfill a dream of mine.

They did Rock city before on the Smash tour i think mabie its time they went back :D

tommilee
05-14-2007, 10:53 AM
I'd imagine they will end up in London, it wouldn't make sence not to play the capital. They could well play Dirty Magic, and very possibly Kick Him When He's Down/Beheaded, other than that i think they always play the 3 singles from Smash right?

Bloody lucky sod.

They will play diry magic because they are releasing a re recording on the new album so that is a deffo id say

H1T_That
05-14-2007, 12:25 PM
they are releasing a re recording on the new album

Get your facts right.

F@ BANKZ
05-14-2007, 02:17 PM
You know I don't know if British fans are generally hardcore enough for old tracks. Japan and Sweeden, yeah, but I just can't see them playing anything other than perhaps Dirty Magic over here.

Bazza
05-16-2007, 01:39 AM
:eek: I'd love to hear some classics. I definitely don't want the modern pop-punk songs!

F@ BANKZ
05-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Whatever they play I will love, songs from the first 2 albums would be nice for a change though. Classics could also be considered hits from Smash and Ixnay which they play most of their shows, It's imperitive that they don't sacrifice these to play more risky old songs.

H1T_That
05-22-2007, 01:42 PM
You know I don't know if British fans are generally hardcore enough for old tracks. Japan and Sweeden, yeah, but I just can't see them playing anything other than perhaps Dirty Magic over here.

When i saw them in 05, a lot of the crowd were 25, 30+. A lot of harcore oldies.

chaz101
06-18-2007, 07:34 AM
id love to hear stuff from igniton/smash/self-tittled

F@ BANKZ
06-19-2007, 02:27 PM
If you'd like the band to bring Out On Patrol to Britain, say I, if you don't...meh

I

Corpse
06-20-2007, 07:49 AM
I think i'm in a minority here when I ask for them to come to Birmingham Carling Academy.

They would do absolutely amazing there.
Many bands come here and talk about how amazing it is, like Good Charlotte, NIN and others.

defyuk
06-20-2007, 08:01 AM
I think i'm in a minority here when I ask for them to come to Birmingham Carling Academy.

They would do absolutely amazing there.
Many bands come here and talk about how amazing it is, like Good Charlotte, NIN and others.

i'd like them to come to birmingham academy too. i've seen some great gigs there, artcic monkeys being the latest and they were amazing!

id also like to say I for the out on patrol thing!

F@ BANKZ
08-12-2007, 01:57 PM
TTT
:o
Sorry but I've got to keep this alive.

nameless
08-12-2007, 02:10 PM
hopefully shouldnt be too much longer now we have some news on the new album!

Bazza
08-12-2007, 03:19 PM
...and tour dates/venues :D

Jack-UK
08-15-2007, 11:37 AM
yeah hopefully we'll get a gig at the very end of this year or early next.. most likely the latter..

Fuck me i cant wait.

F@ BANKZ
09-06-2007, 12:56 PM
most likely the latter..

Almost certain now I guess, they put the summersonic dates on many months before the festival, though the dates for a tour may be put up closer to the event...I dunno.

KyleW
09-06-2007, 02:07 PM
To be honest I think they are going to stick with London, Manchester and Glasgow unless the lbum is as good as some of the previous albums.

They should come to The Canteen in the mighty town of BARROW-IN-FURNESS! We have had classic bands such as Enter Shikri and... well... thats bout it for good bands. But come here, it holds about 400-500 they would sell out easily and I would buy a ticket!

nameless
09-06-2007, 04:39 PM
To be honest I think they are going to stick with London, Manchester and Glasgow unless the lbum is as good as some of the previous albums.

They should come to The Canteen in the mighty town of BARROW-IN-FURNESS! We have had classic bands such as Enter Shikri and... well... thats bout it for good bands. But come here, it holds about 400-500 they would sell out easily and I would buy a ticket!

tickets for venues like that would probably only be available to competition winners for a band like the offspring, or they would be offered to members of secret and fan clubs meaning no one else gets a chance to buy them! id like to see them play a small venue but am happy to just go to one of the major shows if it means seeing them!

KyleW
09-07-2007, 09:02 AM
tickets for venues like that would probably only be available to competition winners for a band like the offspring, or they would be offered to members of secret and fan clubs meaning no one else gets a chance to buy them! id like to see them play a small venue but am happy to just go to one of the major shows if it means seeing them!

I was kind of only joking. Theres more chance of me getting a job than there is of The Offspring coming to Barrow, not many people have even heard of our town. But yeah, if they played a smll venue I doubt tickets would be avalible to the public.

nameless
09-09-2007, 03:02 PM
I was kind of only joking. Theres more chance of me getting a job than there is of The Offspring coming to Barrow, not many people have even heard of our town. But yeah, if they played a smll venue I doubt tickets would be avalible to the public.

well who would have thought they would play the cockpit in leeds, or even a boat on the river thames! you never know!

darea
09-10-2007, 05:44 AM
It would be awesome if they came somewhere in the south of england... They wouldn't come all the way to exeter, but I don't know, Plymouth, Brighton? But I guess London will be good enough...

F@ BANKZ
09-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I would imageing they might well play one, maybe two smaller venues. They didn't go the Manchester Arena last time but just charged about 40 for tickets and sold out the Apollo. Going to larger venues isn't always the best move finantially, so I don't think it's out of imagination. Although, if this next album is as good as we all hope they might'nt have time on the tour.

i_am_the_bishop
09-11-2007, 01:31 PM
i think the best bet is to wait til they get more UNpopular then they might go back to more and smaller venues

nameless
09-11-2007, 02:13 PM
they always seem to play reasonably sized venues even if they dont sell out. id hate it if they decided to play smaller venues on actual tours!

monkzee
09-19-2007, 04:25 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME TO MANCHESTER AGAIN!!! xD

nameless
09-20-2007, 02:46 PM
they almost always play manchester when they tour the uk, its just a case of when they next tour!

Bazza
09-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Ahem, Nottingham would be cool :rolleyes:

I'll apologise now if it appears that all I ever want is for them to play Nottingham!

nameless
09-21-2007, 09:08 PM
are there any "large" venues in nottingham, the only one i can think of at the moment is rock city and thats more club size!

Offspringfan67
09-22-2007, 11:22 AM
they will definetly go to places like london, notting ham etce tetc

Bazza
09-23-2007, 12:45 PM
We've got the ice arena, packs in a few more people than Rock City, although Rock City would be awesome... One can only dream :rolleyes:

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 12:48 PM
ice arena? that sounds awesome!

Bazza
09-23-2007, 12:53 PM
ice arena? that sounds awesome!

It's really not that great. It's the country's national ice rink that they cover with boarding to make an arena for concerts.

Offspringfan67
09-23-2007, 04:03 PM
aw man, i thought like the band could do something with the ice, or lik have people skating during the concert...

Jack-UK
09-25-2007, 06:13 AM
aw man, i thought like the band could do something with the ice, or lik have people skating during the concert...
is it just me or does skating on ice during an offspring gig sound like a shit idea?

nameless
09-27-2007, 06:12 PM
is it just me or does skating on ice during an offspring gig sound like a shit idea?

are we talking kinda back up dancers or fans?! seems a bit dangerous!

Jack-UK
09-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Yeah fans on ice :P Moshing anyone?

nameless
09-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah fans on ice :P Moshing anyone?

could give it a try, circle pits might be interesting although i think id just stay clear!

Corpse
10-02-2007, 01:56 PM
If they came to Birmingham Academy I would be incredibly happy :D.

Bazza
10-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Argghhhh Ice pits, Brummies, whatever next? A death metal support act!!??

nameless
10-03-2007, 02:36 PM
you could forget the ice and everyone just wear roller blades!

Corpse
10-06-2007, 05:19 AM
Argghhhh Ice pits, Brummies, whatever next? A death metal support act!!??

Haha.
Im not a brummie :).
I assure you :D.

It's just bham is the closest place to Cov they could go that would be easy to get to for me :).

Jack-UK
10-06-2007, 05:16 PM
ESSEX BOYS!!!

Its all about them fit lads :cool:

F@ BANKZ
11-05-2007, 02:53 PM
There has not been nearly enough whiny pleas to satisfy me recently, plea harder!

nameless
11-05-2007, 03:03 PM
There has not been nearly enough whiny pleas to satisfy me recently, plea harder!

well no matter how many people post here its not gonna make them tour any sooner! just hope we wont have too long to wait!

F@ BANKZ
11-06-2007, 02:54 PM
That's true, but whiney pleas are both amusing and reassuring to me.

nameless
11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
we unfirtunately it loks like it wont be on the cards until mid to end of next year seeing as there is no release date and no news on it being out before they head to australia! theres no festivals for them to play either!

paulrose
11-14-2007, 01:13 PM
they should do nottingham rock city definatly, its hella anoying when they only do a few shows on london and then one in like manchester or somewhere far away.

nameless
11-17-2007, 06:07 PM
they should do nottingham rock city definatly, its hella anoying when they only do a few shows on london and then one in like manchester or somewhere far away.

thats just the way it goes, it makes more sense for them to play larger venues in major cities with good transport links, not saying that nottingham hasnt but the size of the venue is the issue!

Jack-UK
11-30-2007, 07:42 AM
i hope they get the UK tour done before September.. otherwise im going up north to Durham/Newcastle for uni :( Unless they got any good venues up there? :P

nameless
11-30-2007, 04:09 PM
i hope they get the UK tour done before September.. otherwise im going up north to Durham/Newcastle for uni :( Unless they got any good venues up there? :P

you will probably end up having to travel to glasgow or manchester!

Jack-UK
12-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Dayum, still, im hopeful i can go to one in London :D (probably at Wembley)

nameless
12-08-2007, 09:34 PM
yeah, the new embley is good, or maybe they will play two shows at brixton!

no_fking_hero
01-05-2008, 10:54 AM
They wouldn't play Download would they?? =S

nameless
01-05-2008, 05:38 PM
They wouldn't play Download would they?? =S

i doubt it, they are more likely to play reading or leeds as download is more kinda metal music. there have been more kinda rock bands on the line up like feeder and my chemical romance recently though so you couldnt say for sure!

no_fking_hero
01-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Hmmm...i suppose its more heavy music alrite...but Offspring have had some heavy tunes. like in Ignition, Smash, and Splinter.

It COULD happen! and it would certainly get some big publicity

nameless
01-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Hmmm...i suppose its more heavy music alrite...but Offspring have had some heavy tunes. like in Ignition, Smash, and Splinter.

It COULD happen! and it would certainly get some big publicity

it would be good if they did play download on the basis your more likely to get tickets than you are for reading and leeds! they do have some heavy stuff but dont really play much of the older songs these days. i just feel they are more likely to play reading and leeds over download purely because of the music!

no_fking_hero
01-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Why don't they play the old stuff??? The old stuff is THE BEST!!!
Anyway, i dont mind if they don't play download, just as long as they play london aswell as Leeds etc...or else i wont be able to go! :(

nameless
01-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Why don't they play the old stuff??? The old stuff is THE BEST!!!
Anyway, i dont mind if they don't play download, just as long as they play london aswell as Leeds etc...or else i wont be able to go! :(

as far as tours go they normally play london, manchester and glasgow. there are a few kinda "one off" shows like the leeds cockpit a few years ago bu normally its just the three cities!

Bazza
01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Download is at Donnington right? If so that's pretty close to me, so I reckon they should play Download!!!

nameless
01-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Download is at Donnington right? If so that's pretty close to me, so I reckon they should play Download!!!

if only it were that simple! maybe you will get lucky and get a one off show at rock city!

no_fking_hero
01-13-2008, 05:31 AM
Check out the Download site http://www.virtualfestivals.com/index.cfm?section=festivals.event&id=1001&mode=lineup

The Offspring are rumoured to be playing, they are last on the list

F@ BANKZ
01-13-2008, 06:09 AM
Sadly, I doubt they will. They've been rumored to play download for the last two years at least and I'd have thought they'd announce them as headliners as early as possible.

nameless
01-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Check out the Download site http://www.virtualfestivals.com/index.cfm?section=festivals.event&id=1001&mode=lineup

The Offspring are rumoured to be playing, they are last on the list

this is the first site that ive seen the "rumour" on! by the looks of the bands listed they dont seem to have much information at this stage!

Raggapunk
01-31-2008, 05:04 AM
The 'Spring are rumoured to be headlining the saturday at download :)
Check this sight out, it is quite reliable...

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/lineups.php

H1T_That
01-31-2008, 05:31 AM
The rumours around the download forum seem pretty sure they'll play. I can tell you from experience they're rarely wrong. Headliners for download festival are announced 4th february.

I think Offspring will play, but not as headliners.

Raggapunk
01-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Is the headliner announcement definately then? or is that an announcement about the announcement? ha.
I really hope they headline, i think they deserve it. If Lostprophets deserve to then the offspring definately do!

H1T_That
01-31-2008, 07:46 AM
Is the headliner announcement definately then? or is that an announcement about the announcement? ha.
I really hope they headline, i think they deserve it. If Lostprophets deserve to then the offspring definately do!

Yeah, its definatley then. If LostProphets do headline, it won't be the main stage.

nameless
01-31-2008, 05:33 PM
if they do play then i hope they announce some other decent bands on the same day. personally i would go there just to see the offspring play 30-45mins!

cybermears
02-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Birmingham NIA would be great it fits 13,000 people apparently

F@ BANKZ
02-05-2008, 01:19 PM
"We are fully pumped to be making our return to the UK headlining this Summer's Download Festival. UK fans are the best and have made our festival shows some of the most memorable ever. Can't wait!" - Dexter Holland, The Offspring"

We love you too!

Questionmarc
02-18-2008, 01:30 PM
any news about coming to scotland in the near future

nameless
02-18-2008, 03:05 PM
any news about coming to scotland in the near future

the download festival was held in scotland once but no news of it happenign this year! you will probably have to wait until the next european tour!

smelly poo in a shoe
03-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah, its definatley then. If LostProphets do headline, it won't be the main stage.

main stage for the prophets then... (tho they shouldnt have been headliners.)

saturday confirmed :D

H1T_That
03-02-2008, 04:41 AM
Seems i kinda failed at my predictions here.

Jack-UK
03-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Dam.. i hope they tour the UK before October.. going away to Uni and might not find too many offspring fans early on :( Going on my own isnt punx..

nameless
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Dam.. i hope they tour the UK before October.. going away to Uni and might not find too many offspring fans early on :( Going on my own isnt punx..

go on your own if you have to! i missed will haven once as the guy i was going to go with cancelled so i didnt bother going on my own and they then split up shortly afterwards! although they have got back together now but hopefully you see my point!

Jack-UK
03-07-2008, 08:31 AM
I will if i have to.. who knows how many more tours there will be after this..

Better find some people with a decent taste in music for once..