PDA

View Full Version : Madness

F@ BANKZ
12-11-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm seeing them on Wednesday, its the second time but i'm excited. I was just wondering have any of you lot heard anything about them and what do you think, just people i talk to either seem to know everything or nothing. I'm pretty sure they mostly play Britain hence the curiosity. Kind of a ska/pop band.

They did most of these songs (if you didn't already know*tuggs collar).

-Baggy Trousers
-Our House (which i think i heard was a hit in the states)
-House Of Fun
-Driving In My Car
-One Step Beyond
-My Girl

Apathy
12-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Every single person over the age of thirteen in the U.S. knows the song Our House, even if they don't know the band.

My Girl, By the Way. Song is spectacular.

JohnnyNemesis
12-11-2006, 01:18 PM
One Step Beyond is far superior. But it's also one of those songs that casual Madness fans know well, myself included. It's an unbelievably good song though.

0r4ng3
12-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Every single person over the age of thirteen in the U.S. knows the song Our House, even if they don't know the band.
I haven't. When did it come out? What are some of the lyrics?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-11-2006, 01:21 PM
I haven't. When did it come out? What are some of the lyrics?

Yeah, you have. The eighties, I think, but I remember it from the nineties. I think they still use it on coffee commercials. "Our house! In the middle of....*something*."

Apathy
12-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Our house! In the middle of the street!
Our house, in the middle of our....

Yeah, you've definitely heard it. Weather you remember it or not is another thing. I don't actually like that song at all, I'd suggest either One Step Beyond or My Girl if you want to get into them.

Link 80 has a My Girl cover thats great too.

F@ BANKZ
12-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah my favourite songs are....Well Gray Day first... Then My Girl,then One Step Beyond, then Night Boat On Cairo. I don't care much for Our House or Baggy Trousers.

opivy21
12-11-2006, 05:30 PM
I like the songs I've heard.

Bazza
12-11-2006, 06:54 PM
I like most ska, be it old ska throught to third wave, so naturally I like Madness. Anyone who's interested should get their greatest hits album as it gives a great overview of all their good stuff.

darea
12-14-2006, 01:29 PM
your so lucky, I would love to see maddness, although I guess they must be kinda old now, but still, I listened to a lot of madness when I was a kid, because my parents liked them, and they were really good, enjoy the show!!!

http://www.allska.de/madness/madnessillu.jpg

I like One step beyong, night boat to cairo, baggy trousers, grey day... can't think of any others

nightvision
12-14-2006, 01:45 PM
I think I've only heard Our House actually :p

F@ BANKZ
12-15-2006, 09:01 AM
your so lucky, I would love to see maddness, although I guess they must be kinda old now, but still, I listened to a lot of madness when I was a kid, because my parents liked them, and they were really good, enjoy the show!!!

http://www.allska.de/madness/madnessillu.jpg

I like One step beyong, night boat to cairo, baggy trousers, grey day... can't think of any others

Cheers, it was great, they played basically everything most people have heard (with the exception of Driving In My Car). It was just like a huge party, at the end they got out 6 or 7 huge balloons and threw them into the audience where everyone tryed to hit them into the air which was the best part lol.