PDA

View Full Version : Mota Boy's Thought of the Day

Mota Boy
12-11-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't get all the hype about salsa. Salsa's kinda a funny word and fun to say. Salsa salsa salsa. But now that I think about it, Seinfeld may have done something on that, though, so that's not what this is about. This is about the hype over salsa. "What you say?", you say? Well, in the past few years, salsa has overtaken ketchup (http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/dickinson/facs/Archive/salsa.htm) as America's numero uno condiment. See? That article even dubs it "The condiment of the 90s". No, wait, lemme change that - ketchup is actually still number one (http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m4021/is_n1_v20/ai_20111750). No, wait, lemme correct myself again - I don't give a flying fuck.

You see, salsa overtaking ketchup is supposed to be a Big Deal. It illustrates Americas growing diversity or some shit like that. And it's a news story. A cultural force (well, less now than a while ago). The "condiment of the 90s". Salsa is hip. What the fuck?

First off, I challenge salsa's condiment status. Salsa isn't a condiment - salsa is food. You scoop it up on chips and eat it by itself. If we're gonna include all things dipped as condiments, then I bet cheese beats the shit outta salsa. Salsa is a dip. Salsa is a food. End of story. The salsa-as-condiment movement is overseeing a campaign of disinformation. Honestly, where do you use salsa? Do you slop it on your burgers or use it to baste your fries? You salsa people are a bunch of damn liars.

Secondly, salsa is bland. It's even blander than ketchup, for cryin' out loud. This isn't something to be welcomed to our tables. This is something to be indifferently gnawed on pre-burrito. I'll tell you a couple up-and-coming condiments.

Ranch: Just a few years ago it was a salad dressing, then a dip. Suddenly it's everywhere. It's on burgers outta Burger King and chicken sandwiches from Subway. Some pizza chain is marketing a Ranch pizza. It's something like 10,000 calories per gram and spilling into every conceivable food because we're a nation of mindless lard-zombies.

Sriracha: Now this is a damn sauce. A Thai chili sauce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sriracha) that goes straight to the brain's pleasure center, sriracha is what the fine art of condimentin' is all about. Screw salsa and those salsa freaks, sriracha's where it's at.

Apathy
12-11-2006, 02:31 PM
My stunning contribution is as follows:
Salsa is possibly the most disgusting tasting yet still popular food I've ever had the displeasure of eating.

And oh, I really enjoy reading these little rant type things of yours. I remember a few from when I first registered, but you seemed to slow down for a little while. I'm glad they're making a return.

Amiralanal
12-11-2006, 02:40 PM
What about BBQsauce and mustard?

JoY
12-11-2006, 02:49 PM
this reminds me of Eminem. shoot me, shoot me now.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-11-2006, 03:15 PM
It's even blander than ketchup, for cryin' out loud.
Factually incorrect.

Anyway, salsa is a widely varied thing. I don't really give a fuck whether it's a condiment or not, but if you're used to that Tostitos-brand store-bought shit, then yeah, it sucks. My favorite Mexican restaurant, Dos Taquitos, has some delicious salsa.

JohnnyNemesis
12-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Store-bought salsa is an insult. Real salsa is good, depending on who makes it. There are just too many differet kinds and styles of salsa. Some of it is teh yumz.

Llamas
12-11-2006, 03:18 PM
First off, I challenge salsa's condiment status. Salsa isn't a condiment - salsa is food. You scoop it up on chips and eat it by itself. If we're gonna include all things dipped as condiments, then I bet cheese beats the shit outta salsa. Salsa is a dip. Salsa is a food. End of story. The salsa-as-condiment movement is overseeing a campaign of disinformation. Honestly, where do you use salsa? Do you slop it on your burgers or use it to baste your fries? You salsa people are a bunch of damn liars.
This is true... I've never heard of salsa being called a condiment... because it's not one! It's definitely a food/dip. If I'm eating salsa, and there's some left after my chips are gone, I'll either put it back in the container or eat the little that's left straight. I would NEVER do that with a condiment; I'd throw it out.

Secondly, salsa is bland. It's even blander than ketchup, for cryin' out loud.
Americanized salsa is nothing too spectacular. Mexican salsa or kinds that try to be more mexican is super awesome and spicy and flavorful. Even the really Americanized mild salsa is still vastly superior to ketchup, though. I eat ketchup, but holy fuck it's disgusting. It's so overly processed and basically a paste... atleast you get a little of real food products in salsa.

Ranch: Just a few years ago it was a salad dressing, then a dip. Suddenly it's everywhere. It's on burgers outta Burger King and chicken sandwiches from Subway. Some pizza chain is marketing a Ranch pizza. It's something like 10,000 calories per gram and spilling into every conceivable food because we're a nation of mindless lard-zombies.
Up and coming?? maybe it's different where you live... but ranch is totally way more popular here than salsa... it was "up and coming" 5 years ago here...

Sriracha: Now this is a damn sauce. A Thai chili sauce (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sriracha) that goes straight to the brain's pleasure center, sriracha is what the fine art of condimentin' is all about. Screw salsa and those salsa freaks, sriracha's where it's at.
Yuck I hate that stuff. :( But now you're calling salsa a condiment! Make up your mind, damn it!!

JoY
12-11-2006, 03:18 PM
fully fucking agreed.

Edit: too slow. with Ricky, doh.

calichix
12-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Salsa is what it's all about. Cilantro tastes like soap to some people though. I FIND that a lot of the time it's the same people who love olives and mushrooms. And the people who hate olives and mushrooms love cilantro. That's a whole other tangent.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-11-2006, 05:12 PM
I think cilantro is possibly the greatest and most original taste on the planet Earth. I like mushrooms, but I DO hate olives.

Mota Boy
12-11-2006, 05:49 PM
I've been to many a Mexican restaurant, and there are quite a few authentic ones around these here parts, and I've never had a memorable salsa that I wouldn't trade for cheese dip without a second thought.

Yuck I hate that stuff. :( But now you're calling salsa a condiment! Make up your mind, damn it!!
Au contraire, I dismiss salsa as a food and/or food additive entirely. My first point is that it's not a condiment, my second is that it's not even that tasty.

I'm pretty sure I'm down with cilantro, but I can't entirely remember.

Oh, and the silliest serious argument I've ever gotten into with a friend of mine was over whether or not peanut butter was a condiment. To this day the poor sap won't admit that it's a food.

Paint_It_Black
12-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Cheese dip is obviously superior which is why you have to pay for it. If salsa wasn't generally free the consumption would most likely plummet.

All About Eve
12-11-2006, 07:08 PM
I know someone who makes a kickass blackberry salsa. I hardly eat it at all though because it does horrors in my digestive system.

Llamas
12-11-2006, 08:19 PM
I've been to many a Mexican restaurant, and there are quite a few authentic ones around these here parts, and I've never had a memorable salsa that I wouldn't trade for cheese dip without a second thought.

Au contraire, I dismiss salsa as a food and/or food additive entirely. My first point is that it's not a condiment, my second is that it's not even that tasty.

I'm pretty sure I'm down with cilantro, but I can't entirely remember.

Oh, and the silliest serious argument I've ever gotten into with a friend of mine was over whether or not peanut butter was a condiment. To this day the poor sap won't admit that it's a food.

I'm from Wisconsin, so I'll be the first to announce with bells ringing that cheese dip owns EVERYTHING, if it's done right. Due to the Wisconsin thing, I tend to be quite spoiled with anything cheese (much like calichix and mexican food), though. Since I'm not very picky with salsa, I'll often pick it over a cheap or poorly done cheese dip.

And wtf? Peanut Butter is most definitely a food and not a condiment.

Oh, and I just checked a list of condiments on wiki... it lists cheese as a condiment. CHEESE. Hell no. I can eat an entire brick of cheese in one sitting. That is not a condiment. Nor is Saurkraut! Dumb asses.

Apathy
12-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Im from Wisconsin as well.
And I think Cheese in general blows major ass. It's sickening to me, especially because it's fucking everywhere in this state.

Lizardus
12-11-2006, 09:29 PM
You forgot to add that a condiment is supposed to add or accentuate flavor.
Salsa is kind of tasteless to be considered a condiment, that's why i put ketchup on my salsa.

Paint_It_Black
12-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Due to the Wisconsin thing, I tend to be quite spoiled with anything cheese (much like calichix and mexican food)

Not just mexican food, she's aiming for your cheese now.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061211/ap_on_re_us/second_rate_cheeseheads

Llamas
12-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Im from Wisconsin as well.
And I think Cheese in general blows major ass. It's sickening to me, especially because it's fucking everywhere in this state.

That's because you're not a REAL Wisconsinite! Plus, cheese is not as big of a deal when you live by Milwaukee. And I was watching that 70s show this afternoon, and I liked this line a LOT: "You're not allergic to cheese; you live in Wisconsin."

Salsa is kind of tasteless to be considered a condiment, that's why i put ketchup on my salsa.
That was rather funny. hehe.

wheelchairman
12-11-2006, 11:32 PM
When Tizzie isn't here, I put salsa on my rice and call it a meal! (well I add chicken too.)

Llamas
12-11-2006, 11:34 PM
What kind of rice? I put taco sauce on a lot of things... salsa might be weird, I think, with the chunks. Unless you get the really thin runny spicy authentic kind. Grocery store kind atleast here would be gross on rice.

wheelchairman
12-11-2006, 11:43 PM
White boiled rice. The kind you can boil in bags. Our salsa isn't chunky over here, but it's not exactly spicy either.

Llamas
12-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Hm... so is it basically like mild taco sauce?

Tizzalicious
12-11-2006, 11:59 PM
White boiled rice. The kind you can boil in bags. Our salsa isn't chunky over here, but it's not exactly spicy either.

That's because I never buy the spicy kind.

I love your inventive cooking when I am away.

wheelchairman
12-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Hm... so is it basically like mild taco sauce?

Sort of, but not quite. When you go to Austria, you'll experience a chain of stores called Aldi. You will find this product there. And you will buy it, becuase this is the cheapest store ever. You will also buy booze there, and you will continue to do so until you connect your horrible, bleeding-brain-fucking hangovers with the awful taste and cheap price of their booze.

Paint_It_Black
12-12-2006, 12:26 AM
They have Aldi in the US too.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 12:33 AM
Sort of, but not quite. When you go to Austria, you'll experience a chain of stores called Aldi. You will find this product there. And you will buy it, becuase this is the cheapest store ever. You will also buy booze there, and you will continue to do so until you connect your horrible, bleeding-brain-fucking hangovers with the awful taste and cheap price of their booze.

Of course I shop at aldi. Well, not as much anymore, since the only aldi in minneapolis is in major ghettoville... and my car is too expensive to drive in that area.

Tizzalicious
12-12-2006, 12:55 AM
We have an aldi right down the street. And we live in a nice area...perfect.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Yeah... I wouldn't mind going if I didn't require driving to go grocery shopping. I drive because I only do the shopping once a month, and I always get too much to carry on the bus. And I don't have the time to go more than once a month... plus if I go more often, I end up spending too much during the month. So driving is the option of choice for groceries. Sometimes I do miss the ghetto cruiser I used to have... :p

T-6005
12-12-2006, 12:59 AM
Peanut butter isn't a food. It's a mistake.

As for salsa, I don't often come into contact with the stuff, but generally dismiss it when I do.

And I love mushrooms and olives. I think that covers my unintelligent response of the day.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 01:01 AM
mushrooms are sick. I think I hate them mostly based on the principal of being against eating a fungus of any sort. It just grosses me out.

And olives... I love black olives, especially real ones. Canned ones are okay, too. Green olives are hit or miss.

ninthlayer
12-12-2006, 01:09 AM
And olives... I love black olives, especially real ones. Canned ones are okay, too. Green olives are hit or miss.

The more I learn about you the less I like :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 01:23 AM
Peanut butter isn't a food. It's a mistake.

Fucking blasphemy. Eat dick :(

Llamas
12-12-2006, 01:24 AM
Fucking blasphemy. Eat dick :(

Agreed. I'm not even much for sweet food (salty all the way), but god. Crunchy peanut butter is like orgasm in a jar. No lie.

calichix
12-12-2006, 01:39 AM
Due to the Wisconsin thing, I tend to be quite spoiled with anything cheese (much like calichix and mexican food), though. Since I'm not very picky with salsa, I'll often pick it over a cheap or poorly done cheese dip.

DUDE! Do you eat cheese curds like all the time?! I was in the airport in Wisconsin for a layover and I only had like 3 bucks and I got a milkshake instead of cheese curds. Biggest mistake of my life or WHAT?

And yes, cilantro is bomb.

Tizzalicious
12-12-2006, 02:09 AM
Agreed. I'm not even much for sweet food (salty all the way), but god. Crunchy peanut butter is like orgasm in a jar. No lie.

Peanutbutter shouldn't be too sweet, yuck. Dutch peanutbutter ftw!

Danish peanutbutter sucks, they oly have the ecological kind that's incredibly oily and you have to stir it before it before you use it every time time.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 02:22 AM
DUDE! Do you eat cheese curds like all the time?! I was in the airport in Wisconsin for a layover and I only had like 3 bucks and I got a milkshake instead of cheese curds. Biggest mistake of my life or WHAT?
I've never had airport cheese curds... the funny thing about cheese in wisconsin is that you have to go to the obnoxiously stupid looking CHEESE stores. When you're on any major freeway in Wisconsin, you will see massive billboards and signs that just say "CHEESE" on them. They tend to be in the middle of nowhere (because Wisconsin has a lot of that!), and they seem really podunk. But damn. You will never have better cheese in your entire life. I got a 5 lb block of Munster cheese at one of those stores for like $3 once. They have every type of cheese imaginable, and it's always SO fresh. None of this shipped and overly-packaged-to-retain-as-much-moisture-as-possible shit. This is the real deal. You get cheese curds at a cheese store... well, cheese curds are no good unless they squeak obnoxiously when you bite into them. That means they're fresh. If cheese didn't have to be refridgerated, I would drive to wisconsin, buy a shit ton of cheese curds, and mail them to you. Seriously, you haven't lived.

Okay, I'm done with my obsessive cheese rant.

Peanutbutter shouldn't be too sweet, yuck. Dutch peanutbutter ftw!

Danish peanutbutter sucks, they oly have the ecological kind that's incredibly oily and you have to stir it before it before you use it every time time.

I totally agree that peanut butter shouldn't be too sweet. That's part of why I prefer chunky... the saltiness of the nuts themselves tone down the sweetness. But the best kind of peanut butter is the natural kind. No sugar or salt added... it basically just tastes like crushed and slightly creamy peanuts. Delicious.

Tizzalicious
12-12-2006, 02:44 AM
The crunchy one they sell here is basicly just nuts, it's impossible to get on your bread. I miss Holland now :(

Llamas
12-12-2006, 02:45 AM
ah, I've had that kind, too. That stuff is usually super cheap! haha. It always tears the bread apart, though.

The kind that's the best looks like this:
http://www.linnsfruitbin.com/images/uploads/339_212_large.jpg
But it's like $9 a jar. :(

Tizzalicious
12-12-2006, 02:50 AM
This is the best!

http://static.flickr.com/33/95695103_3fce0ae795_m.jpg

ninthlayer
12-12-2006, 02:52 AM
http://www.peanutbutter.com/images/productImages_chunkhoney.jpg

Llamas
12-12-2006, 02:53 AM
aaaaaaand you fail.

ninthlayer
12-12-2006, 02:57 AM
Have you ever had that shit? It's like fucking pro in a jar and delicious enough to eat fucking straight.

Paint_It_Black
12-12-2006, 03:03 AM
Seriously fuck you people. First taco bell, and now you make me need peanut butter. I hate you all.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:04 AM
ninth, I prefer my peanut butter pure. none of this "other flavors" like honey. sick. plus skippy adds way too much needless sugar. It doesn't even taste like peanuts.

ninthlayer
12-12-2006, 03:35 AM
ninth, I prefer my peanut butter pure. none of this "other flavors" like honey. sick. plus skippy adds way too much needless sugar. It doesn't even taste like peanuts.
I'm just going to go ahead and say that you have the worst tastes in everything.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:37 AM
whatever, pokemonfag.

Tizzalicious
12-12-2006, 03:42 AM
http://www.peanutbutter.com/images/productImages_chunkhoney.jpg

They sell that at the American store here, but it's like $9 a jar. =/

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:46 AM
They sell that at the American store here, but it's like $9 a jar. =/

whaaaat?? it's so not worth it!

Tizzalicious
12-12-2006, 04:11 AM
It's just the regular kind, even!

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:13 AM
have you ever had it?

ninthlayer
12-12-2006, 04:21 AM
If you're bad mouthing Crunchy Skippy Honey Roasted Peanut Butter you obviously have never had it.

Tizzalicious
12-12-2006, 04:21 AM
No, I am too cheap for that :P I had my parents bring peanutbutter when thewy came over :P

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:31 AM
If you're bad mouthing Crunchy Skippy Honey Roasted Peanut Butter you obviously have never had it.

I have had it.

No, I am too cheap for that :P I had my parents bring peanutbutter when thewy came over :P

Is it good peanut butter atleast? I figured you wouldn't pay $9 for peanut butter... but you could've had it somewhere along the line, haha.

Tizzalicious
12-12-2006, 04:56 AM
The kind my parents brought? Oh yes, Dutch peanutbutter = awesome.

killer_queen
12-12-2006, 05:33 AM
I've never eaten peanut butter in my whole life. Am I missing something?

Llamas
12-12-2006, 05:34 AM
do you like peanuts? do you like sweet creamy food? do you like bread with anything sweet on it?

if you answered yes to any of those questions, yes.

ninthlayer
12-12-2006, 06:01 AM
I have had it.
Then you must be fucked up in the head girl. I pity you.

0r4ng3
12-12-2006, 08:46 AM
I would also like to join the "Peanut butter is pure awesomeness" camp. In fact, I think I'll have a peanut butter sandwich right now.

Edit:
http://www.fluxw.com/pbj.jpg

Nina
12-12-2006, 08:50 AM
wtf, you guys have aldi in the US?

Llamas
12-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I will likely have one or two as my brunch before I take off in a bit. Sounds great! :)

edit: boo to Nina posting before me! And yes, we have Aldi in the US. Atleast in Wisconsin and Minnesota... I don't know if it's everywhere.

Lizardus
12-12-2006, 12:42 PM
When Tizzie isn't here, I put salsa on my rice and call it a meal! (well I add chicken too.)

Boil it with little ham pieces in it, then put salsa it it.

wheelchairman
12-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Boil it with little ham pieces in it, then put salsa it it.

Yes but I boil it in the bags!

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Puertorican

Puerto Rican. Two words.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 03:14 PM
How about you calm the fuck down, asshole?

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I still think my English is much finer than hers *winks* for reasons I care not to expatiate upon.

It's not.

Yes, God. And while you're at it, why not tell me to eat my own balls and have sex with a penguin?

You're an idiot.

0r4ng3
12-12-2006, 03:23 PM
[I]And what the hell is Bananarchy? Are you fighting for Jamaica or something?
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/index.php?pageNum_Recordset2=292

And please, all of this bitterness emitting from everyone here is ruining the thread. Let's all just go back to talking about how awesome peanut butter is.

Lizardus
12-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Yes but I boil it in the bags!

That's going to be a problem.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:25 PM
How about you excuse other people's spelling mistakes? It was a legimate mistake, perfectly legible, and we all knew what she was talking about.

Stop being the Spelling Nazi.

What? Many, many people, including myself, like it when people give them calm advice about their repeated errors. For a while I spelled "opportunity" wrong ("oppurtunity"). Nobody told me it was wrong, so I kept doing it. I'd rather be told, so I practice what I preach. Calm down, little one.

Wasn't she the girl who thought 'towards' wasn't a correct form, & that 'toward' was far preferable?

Not to rub salt in the wounds, but since you insist on it, I must have a say.

No, I thought that "towards" evolved from "toward" and that both were perfectly plausible words. Turned out that one was used more in the states and the other is used more in Europe. Not knowing the origin of a word does not make my knowledge of how to use the English language any less.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:29 PM
It's an American colloquialism to leave off assumed endings of sentences. "Do you want to come with?" is leaving off the "me". They're grammatically correct, but seem very strange to people who aren't used to them.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:36 PM
You do realize that I'm the "her" you speak of, correct? And it does pass as good grammar.

Apathy
12-12-2006, 03:38 PM
As a colloquialism, it may pass, but it may certainly not pass as good grammar. For her sake, I really wish she had left my "puertorican" alone. I pity her.

I pity you.

My god, someone makes one little comment about a silly mistake you made and you get all defensive and search for problems with their posts.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with what llamas said.

You may not understand the phrases she used, but that would just be yet another example of how she knows more than you about her own native language. How surprising!

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Apathy, I thought you weren't supposed to care about anything.

What a sell out.

Great job. Nobody has ever pointed that out before.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Apathy, I thought you weren't supposed to care about anything.

What a sell out.

That joke has been run into the ground already.

0r4ng3
12-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Great job. Nobody has ever pointed that out before.
I bet you don't really love llamas.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:44 PM
This is true. I bet you're not really orange.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 03:45 PM
And my name's not really Johnny!

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Ah, the old "you must not like me, that's why you would say such a thing!" retort! An excellent choice! And what would you like for dessert?

ps: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16016

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Stop being 12.

wheelchairman
12-12-2006, 04:00 PM
And Johnny, stop ripping on a kid not even old enough to be an attractive young female. :(

So he's stupid, big fucking deal. You were too at that age. I still am. :(

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 04:02 PM
And Johnny, stop ripping on a kid not even old enough to be an attractive young female. :(

So he's stupid, big fucking deal. You were too at that age. I still am. :(

Agreed. I was joking with the "Stop being 12" comment, thinking he was just an older fellow who was remarkably dumb. I decided to back off once I realized that he really was just about that age.

wheelchairman
12-12-2006, 04:07 PM
Agreed. I was joking with the "Stop being 12" comment, thinking he was just an older fellow who was remarkably dumb. I decided to back off once I realized that he really was just about that age.

I thought that might be the case after I replied. :/

ShadowPyro
12-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Are you implying that 13 year olds are dumb?

Yes. You're dumb. I'm dumb. Believe me, its true.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 04:17 PM
I thought that might be the case after I replied. :/

I swear to Bob, it was the case before you replied!

Lizardus
12-12-2006, 04:18 PM
???I'm a boy??? And I have an IQ of 756!

EDIT: shit

Are you implying 13 year olds are stupid?

You are not doing anything to prove him wrong.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-12-2006, 04:19 PM
Yeah. That's just a fact. Thirteen-year olds ARE dumb. And the single dumbest thing about them is that they so often think that they aren't dumb.

Nobody's blaming you for being thirteen and dumb. That's to be expected. Maybe you're not dumb for your age, but you're still dumb compared to most people. Where we CAN blame you, even if you are 13, is if you act like a self-righteous know-it-all me-against-the-world little bitch.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Yeah. That's just a fact. Thirteen-year olds ARE dumb. And the single dumbest thing about them is that they so often think that they aren't dumb.

Nobody's blaming you for being thirteen and dumb. That's to be expected. Maybe you're not dumb for your age, but you're still dumb compared to most people. Where we CAN blame you, even if you are 13, is if you act like a self-righteous know-it-all me-against-the-world little bitch.

I'm with you on this 100%. My brother's thirteen. He's dumb, and that's fine. But he's not a dickhead, so he gets respect.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-12-2006, 04:24 PM
A ladybug? I'm insulted. My ass can handle so much more than that.

killer_queen
12-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I feel like I haven't changed a bit since I was 13. I must be an idiot. Or maybe I was damn smart when I was 13... MAYBE I have changed but I can't feel it.

Maybe I just need sleep.

Mota Boy
12-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Dusk - Llamas has a better understanding of the English language than you do, a point you only continue to prove by pointing parts of her post you don't understand and then having to have her explain them to you. Llamas is a smart girl who has grown up speaking English in an English-speaking country all her life, so it's natural that she'd be better than you. Your English is still very good, so why should you care? Hell, you ought to thank her for pointing out the slight mistakes you make so that your own grasp of the language can continue to improve.

Agatio - It is exceedingly rare to meet a 13 year old who is mature and has a fully-formed view of the world. In other words, yeah, thirteen year olds are pretty damn stupid. Not as dumb as ten year olds, and certainly smarter than five year olds, but they aren't all the clever. No matter how smart you feel you are now or how much you feel you've figured out life, you're going to look back in two years and realize that you were a complete moron. Don't feel insulted, it happens to everyone. Hell, I still look back at where I was a few years ago and think about how stupid I was.

And, to be perfectly honest, you are consistently displaying an overt lack of maturity in this thread. You're obviously not an idiot, but you've still got a ways to go before your intellectual capacity is fully developed.

Now, can we please get back to talking about salsa and sriracha? And how the latter goes well with almost everything?

0r4ng3
12-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Immaturity and whatever else aside, it's nice to see a 13 year old that doesn't type like a fucking retard for once. Literacy, ftw.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:43 PM
I feel like I haven't changed a bit since I was 13. I must be an idiot. Or maybe I was damn smart when I was 13... MAYBE I have changed but I can't feel it.

Maybe I just need sleep.

Girls also generally mature more quickly than boys. I don't feel that I've changed that much since thirteen, other than becoming more comfortable with myself and being more outgoing.

Hell, you ought to thank her for pointing out the slight mistakes you make so that your own grasp of the language can continue to improve. This was my intention... I wasn't trying to be a snobby bitch and call her out on a mistake. But she flipped out for me trying to be nice.

Now, can we please get back to talking about salsa and sriracha? And how the latter goes well with almost everything?
I think we wore out those two... we'd long moved on to peanut butter! But that's even old. What does everyone think of salami? I love all kinds, but especially hard salami.

Immaturity and whatever else aside, it's nice to see a 13 year old that doesn't type like a fucking retard for once. Literacy, ftw.
I do agree with and support this.

Lizardus
12-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I wish i could order sriracha (http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/102-1047815-5465718?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sriracha&Go.x=19&Go.y=9&Go=Go), but shippings usually take a week to get over here.

Mota Boy
12-12-2006, 04:56 PM
How can you tell?
Ha! Are you saying I'm wrong? Smarts are just recognizable. You're at least moderately intelligent enough to string together a coherent sentence and use rudimentary logic, and, on the internet, proper spelling and grammar go a looooong way. I can't exactly point it out because, like beauty, there are many different ways one can be intelligent, it's just a gut judgment. That said, I could still be wrong.

I wish i could order sriracha (http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/102-1047815-5465718?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sriracha&Go.x=19&Go.y=9&Go=Go), but shippings usually take a week to get over here.
If you live in a fairly sizeable city you might be able to purchase it. It should be in any international grocery, and I even found it in my neighborhood Harris-Teeter (a moderately upscale supermarket chain).

I think we wore out those two... we'd long moved on to peanut butter! But that's even old. What does everyone think of salami? I love all kinds, but especially hard salami.
Yeah, I just wanted to say "Can we please just talk about salsa!" But then I remembered how much I loved sriracha and got carried away.

Also, sigged.

ShadowPyro
12-12-2006, 05:07 PM
What does everyone think of salami? I love all kinds, but especially hard salami.

I love salami. I eat it so often. My favorite thing to eat right now is white rice with salami and cheese. I prepare the rice on the stove, and while it's cooking i cut up the cheese (i like American cheese the most with this) and salami into really small pieces and then toss it all into a bowl. The hot rice melts the cheese, causing it to kinda clump together. It tastes so good, and its simple and easy to make. Fast to.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Also, sigged. You have a sig?

I love salami. I eat it so often. My favorite thing to eat right now is white rice with salami and cheese. I prepare the rice on the stove, and while it's cooking i cut up the cheese (i like American cheese the most with this) and salami into really small pieces and then toss it all into a bowl. The hot rice melts the cheese, causing it to kinda clump together. It tastes so good, and its simple and easy to make. Fast to.

That does sound good. What kind of cheese do you use?

ShadowPyro
12-12-2006, 05:11 PM
That does sound good. What kind of cheese do you use?

Usually just plain American cheese. But sometimes mozzarella or cheddar cheese. Its all good.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Hmm, most cheeses don't melt too well... have you ever tried using velveeta?

By the way, ShadowPyro seems to be proof that just because you're under the age 16, you're not necessarily dumb. And I think this allows more room for disliking the obnoxious ones.

ShadowPyro
12-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Hmm, most cheeses don't melt too well... have you ever tried using velveeta?

By the way, ShadowPyro seems to be proof that just because you're under the age 16, you're not necessarily dumb. And I think this allows more room for disliking the obnoxious ones.

Nope, i use whatever is in the fridge, so only American, cheddar, mozzarela, and parmesan(sp?)

Apathy
12-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Apathy, I know you don't like me, no need to broadcast it. I'm too French to stoop & answer any of your comments, my boy, so keep your stupid remarks to yourself, that will save you the embarrassment of interfering when you are persona non grata.

I had responded to this I thought, but now I can't find it.
JN pretty much hit it spot on anyway.

It wasn't because I don't like you. (Hell, I don't even know you that well. Now I don't like you. You're all condescending and shit) I was just pointing out that I thought you were wrong, and you were being somewhat of a dick about it. Instead of admitting you could have been wrong, you just tried to find something wrong with what llamas did, as if that somehow balances it out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, back on Topic. I really love this Peanut sauce that some Thai restaurant around here makes. I have no idea what it's called, but it's great.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Anyway, back on Topic. I really love this Peanut sauce that some Thai restaurant around here makes. I have no idea what it's called, but it's great.

Topic has changed to SALAMI. Get it right!

All About Eve
12-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Topic has changed to SALAMI. Get it right!
Quiznos puts salami on their Classic Italians. It's fucking win.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Quiznos puts salami on their Classic Italians. It's fucking win.

I LOVE QUIZNOS.

All About Eve
12-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Actually, I was thinking of Subway's BMT. Quizno's Classic Italian only has pepperoni. It's still Jesus in food form, though.

Apathy
12-12-2006, 08:42 PM
SALAMI = SEXYOMG
but only hard salami.

...it may sound like a bad sexual innuendo but it's true. None of this cotto nonsense.

Sinister
12-12-2006, 08:45 PM
It's not technically salami, but Rosette de Lyon is fucking winwinwin. Perhaps the best thing to ever come out of France.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Salami is gross, losers.

Linda
12-12-2006, 09:43 PM
SALAMI = SEXYOMG
but only hard salami.

Only when it's fried.

Apathy
12-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Salami is gross, losers.

:(

Go eat a taco or something, fake mexi-man

Lizardus
12-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Deep fried.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Actually, I agree with Linda; fried salami is okay, but I can't stand it other ways.

EDIT:

:(

Go eat a taco or something, fake mexi-man

fkifbjb ; ggdjf grfhd *CRYS CUZ SADZ 4 ME* hrgy8fhuclijknb.e :(:(:(

Apathy
12-12-2006, 10:15 PM
I take it back.

I like tacos too on occasion.
Salami however, is good all the time.

Endymion
12-12-2006, 10:27 PM
mmmm, darkmeat.

Nina
12-13-2006, 12:59 AM
You should try German salami!
yay europe!

Paint_It_Black
12-13-2006, 01:56 AM
They have Aldi in the US too.

wtf, you guys have aldi in the US?

Yes.

And yes, we have Aldi in the US. Atleast in Wisconsin and Minnesota... I don't know if it's everywhere.

You can add Kansas to that list.

Llamas
12-13-2006, 04:35 PM
You should try German salami!
yay europe!

Fine! Maybe I will then!

Mota Boy
12-13-2006, 05:26 PM
I like raw ham, though. The red kind.

Those are called "pigs".

Paint_It_Black
12-13-2006, 07:17 PM
I actually just lolled, and that's extremely rare. Thanks ******.