PDA

View Full Version : Jackass Number Two..!*

bhg_rulz2
12-12-2006, 12:44 AM
what do u think about it?

well...i gotta say i almost die laughing, im not a fanatic of it...but damn...that was some funny shit haha...what do u think of it?

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 01:03 AM
I think you're a fag?

calichix
12-12-2006, 01:29 AM
dude that part where he put his dick in the snake tank drove me crazy. I can't handle suspense.

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 03:53 AM
I loved it.. ever since dirty sanchez I guess it's impossible to up the ante, so they went for funny, which was a greate idea.. great great movie!

Grabbal
12-12-2006, 04:52 AM
I don't get why people get it bad reviews.. IT was a fun movie to watch!!
Reviewers only give movies with truly good storys good reviews in my opinion

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 05:42 AM

Or it could be that these reviewers have degrees in film, film theory, film art, or atleast have a good concept of the basics of film. Or it could be because Jackass was created to steal your money, and in which case, congratulations on being a dumbass.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 05:45 AM

There's a huge difference between a good film and one that's fun to watch. Fuck, I love anchorman and zoolander... but are the good films? Hell no. And if a reviewer ever gave them good reviews, I'd never respect them again.

bhg_rulz2
12-12-2006, 03:02 PM
I loved it.. ever since dirty sanchez I guess it's impossible to up the ante, so they went for funny, which was a greate idea.. great great movie!

i second that haha

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 03:04 PM
i second that haha

too bad we don't have worthless fancy degrees in film and cinematography that way we could'have not liked the movie.. this way we had to enjoy it.. sucks for us huh? :)

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 03:04 PM
Yeah, congrats on being complete fucking idiots.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:20 PM
too bad we don't have worthless fancy degrees in film and cinematography that way we could'have not liked the movie.. this way we had to enjoy it.. sucks for us huh? :)

Yes, because film degrees are so worthless. Only dumb people say things like that.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 03:32 PM
I'd argue that lots of degrees ARE worthless, but the greater point here is that you don't have to have a degree to know that Jackass is stupid as fuck. You just have to not be a complete fucking tool, that's all.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm actually curious as to what some worthless degrees are, besides one in Jazz saxophone performance.

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Most degrees are pointless and I would consider film to be one of those degrees. My point though is that to critically evaluate a film it's pretty much a necessity to have one of those degrees. It's very specialized and it serves a very small purpose, however, to serve that purpose the world needs people who are willing to accomplish this meaningless task (like me) in order to be completely pretentious and call people who like jackass complete faggots.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:09 PM
It totally depends on what you do with the degree, though.

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 04:11 PM
My justification would be to give shitty movies bad reviews so that people stop making crappy movies.

Or maybe just to copycat Jon Lovitz
http://screwyou.thezeroboss.com/archives/pictures/critic.bmp

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Haha, sounds good to me.

But getting a degree in film... if you want to be a director or a producer or a writer... great, great degree to have. You're much more likely to land a job if you have the degree.

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm actually curious as to what some worthless degrees are, besides one in Jazz saxophone performance.

Actually IMHO all degrees are pretty much worthless that are not based on exact sciences and the like, you know ones that are totally subjective (basically anything and everything to do with arts, aside from art history perhaps). And the fact that people with out any form of formal education in the field are the ones best at most of those things are proof enough for me, that you don't need a diploma to be a great filmmaker, musician or dildo sculptor... thus it's worthless, since it doesn't prove anything, other than the stable financial income of your parents, which you can also do with a nice sports car ;)

Concerning how stupid jackass is.. ofcourse it's stupid, the title is jackass, it's not something I look to guidence for, it's something to kill the time between my gf going to sleep and me feeling sleepy. And people who can't enjoy it because of their oh so sophisticated diplomas are fucktards in my oppinion and deprive themselves of pleasure to prove how chique and eliete they are, when in reality they're stupid for turning their backs on a fun 1.5 hr just to appeal to godknowswho... that's what's really stupid, not jackass :cool:

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Haha, sounds good to me.

But getting a degree in film... if you want to be a director or a producer or a writer... great, great degree to have. You're much more likely to land a job if you have the degree.

I'm still deciding between a film degree or and English degree. I've decided to stop with education as I would find it hard to not hate children.

I thought Brad Pitt was very good in this movie.

Your troll attempts both amuse and bore me.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Amuse + bore? That's pity.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm still deciding between a film degree or and English degree. I've decided to stop with education as I would find it hard to not hate children.
When did you decide this? Also, ever thought of teaching older levels? Highschool or even college?

What are the pros and cons for you in both fields? English is more practical, but mostly if you want to teach, I think.

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Actually IMHO all degrees are pretty much worthless that are not based on exact sciences and the like, you know ones that are totally subjective (basically anything and everything to do with arts, aside from art history perhaps). And the fact that people with out any form of formal education in the field are the ones best at most of those things are proof enough for me, that you don't need a diploma to be a great filmmaker, musician or dildo sculptor... thus it's worthless, since it doesn't prove anything, other than the stable financial income of your parents, which you can also do with a nice sports car ;)

Concerning how stupid jackass is.. ofcourse it's stupid, the title is jackass, it's not something I look to guidence for, it's something to kill the time between my gf going to sleep and me feeling sleepy. And people who can't enjoy it because of their oh so sophisticated diplomas are fucktards in my oppinion and deprive themselves of pleasure to prove how chique and eliete they are, when in reality they're stupid for turning their backs on a fun 1.5 hr just to appeal to godknowswho... that's what's really stupid, not jackass :cool:

I'm not arguing the entertainment value of the movie. What I'm saying is you're a fucking faggot for defending its existance on any sort of level.

As for a non-scientific degree, you truly are an idiot if you think a film degree is more expensive than a science degree. And you are sorely mistaken if you believe that the best directors don't have some sort of degree in film or photography or even english.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2005/trollvh2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
That is an Ogre. Not a troll, faggot.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm not gonna get all tru punx on y'all, but academia is more about the connections you make with the people who are gonna find you a job, not the piece of paper you get at the end of it. In many, and in some areas most cases, the degree is more a formality in the workplace than anything else.

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 04:28 PM
When did you decide this? Also, ever thought of teaching older levels? Highschool or even college?

What are the pros and cons for you in both fields? English is more practical, but mostly if you want to teach, I think.

I was working for 2ndary education (7th grade and up.) But I've recently fallen in love with my English classes, and I had the opportunity to have some of my work read by Denis Johnson and he actually liked it so I figure I might as well give it a shot.

adombomb222
12-12-2006, 04:29 PM
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2005/trollvh2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This kid is just everywhere.

You need to get this right now before you get in a huge argument with some one else. I’ll tell you from personal experiences that people on forums are relentless, you get on their nerve and you’ll never here the end of it. Take my advice; do not go around correcting everyone’s spelling and grammar.
One, people misspell words all the time on forums.
Two, you will piss someone off.
Three, it makes you look like a jackass.
Four, when you end up spelling something wrong you’ll get ridicule.

adombomb222
12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm not gonna get all tru punx on y'all, but academia is more about the connections you make with the people who are gonna find you a job, not the piece of paper you get at the end of it. In many, and in some areas most cases, the degree is more a formality in the workplace than anything else.

See kid, I told you.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Wow, you really have NO idea what you're talking about. Have you ever auditioned for a symphony orchestra? It's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get into a symphony orchestra WITHOUT a degree in performance. Also, is a music education degree useless? Teaching children and highschoolers is USELESS? Also, dance and theatre are both arts in which a degree is an EXTREMLEY useful thing, especially if you're studying stage management, or the business/management aspects of either. Wow. Seriously, gain some perspective before you go spouting off some bullshit.

I'm not arguing the entertainment value of the movie. What I'm saying is you're a fucking faggot for defending its existance on any sort of level.
And for equating something that you enjoy watching with a GOOD FILM.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:39 PM
I agree with this about 50%. I mean, I agree with your points, but not that that's the most important... I think it's 50% of the importance. The connections are definitely huge... but I find that what I'm physically and mentally learning has TREMENDOUS weight.

I was working for 2ndary education (7th grade and up.) But I've recently fallen in love with my English classes, and I had the opportunity to have some of my work read by Denis Johnson and he actually liked it so I figure I might as well give it a shot.

That's awesome. Do you want to write, even after we loled at pretencious alcoholic fictional authors? Hey, you'd fit right in! ;) jk<3

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 04:42 PM
I agree with this about 50%. I mean, I agree with your points, but not that that's the most important... I think it's 50% of the importance. The connections are definitely huge... but I find that what I'm physically and mentally learning has TREMENDOUS weight.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that what I'm saying only applies in many cases; the performing arts, are an entirely different beast.

khaaaaan
12-12-2006, 04:43 PM

You speak the truth.

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 04:43 PM

Anything I find entertaining automatically deserves to exist, even if it pisses of the foney-intelectuall sensitive prissy hearts of *gasp* art students... oh my...

As for a non-scientific degree, you truly are an idiot if you think a film degree is more expensive than a science degree. And you are sorely mistaken if you believe that the best directors don't have some sort of degree in film or photography or even english.

I honestly don't give a fuck which retarted college degree would cost more (and since I'm getting my MBA for free, I'm most likely not even gonna), but if you think that great artists need schooling you really have no right to be critisizing jackass.. Shit Leonardo Da Vinci never had any formal education, yet his painting is hands down the most famous and valuable piece of art ever produced.. how does that fit in.. I'm telling you.. You don't NEED a diploma to be a great artist, so the diploma is worthless, even if ALL the directors, and singers, and retards have them, it doesn't change anything. It's worthless, useless.. the connections you make while getting your diploma.. now that my friend, might help you secure a job in the future, which someone more deserving, with greater talent WITHOUT a diploma might deserve.. now that's true!
If the world wasn't filled with simple-minded average joes like you I wouldn't have to get a university diploma to prove my capabilities... blah to you and your kind for making me waste years with bullshit :cool:

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Shit Leonardo Da Vinci never had any formal education, yet his painting is hands down the most famous and valuable piece of art ever produced.. how does that fit in

You completely negated the fact that Da Vinci did in fact have an apprenticeship under Andrea del Verrocchio. lololololololololololololololol, in your face, faggot.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I forgot to mention that what I'm saying only applies in many cases; the performing arts, are an entirely different beast.
I think that the only encompassing degree program that this applies to is business management. Also, psychology.

Shit Leonardo Da Vinci never had any formal education, yet his painting is hands down the most famous and valuable piece of art ever produced.. how does that fit in.. I'm telling you.. You don't NEED a diploma to be a great artist, so the diploma is worthless, even if ALL the directors, and singers, and retards have them, it doesn't change anything. It's worthless, useless.. the connections you make while getting your diploma.. now that my friend, might help you secure a job in the future, which someone more deserving, with greater talent WITHOUT a diploma might deserve.. now that's true!
Read my post please.

JohnnyNemesis
12-12-2006, 04:48 PM
I think that the only encompassing degree program that this applies to is business management. Also, psychology.

And about 90% of Social Sciences. In many cases.

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Wow, you really have NO idea what you're talking about. Have you ever auditioned for a symphony orchestra? It's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get into a symphony orchestra WITHOUT a degree in performance.

Yeah which only proves that Ferenc Liszt couldn't get a job.. that makes sense... yeah what the fuck does he know with out a diploma and all...

Also, is a music education degree useless? Teaching children and highschoolers is USELESS?

No teaching children and highschoolers isn't useless you freak, but just so you know, the best teacher I ever had, was an english teacher, and he had no formal education in teaching. So a diploma does not a good teacher make. Ofcourse you have to get one, if you are gonna starve with out it, but it's simply worth SHIT.

Also, dance and theatre are both arts in which a degree is an EXTREMLEY useful thing, especially if you're studying stage management, or the business/management aspects of either.

No again it isn't... although I do agree that in some cases a formal education does and can add alot to a dancer and an actor. But Dustin Hoffman droped out and never even majord in acting.. I guess he's a worthless piece of shit of an artist too eh?

Wow. Seriously, gain some perspective before you go spouting off some bullshit.

What do you mean me gain some perspective? You're the closed minded moron who thinks you need a paper to be an artist for crying the fuck out loud? I'm the one here trying to open your eyes you numbskull

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 04:56 PM
You completely negated the fact that Da Vinci did in fact have an apprenticeship under Andrea del Verrocchio. lololololololololololololololol, in your face, faggot.

and you equate the fact that he worked in a shop next to some dude with a university diploma? Holy shit what must your community college be like.. :D

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Birth name
Dustin Lee Hoffman
Height
5' 6&#190;" (1.70 m)
Mini biography

Graduated from Los Angeles High School in 1955. Went to Santa Monica City College where he dropped out after a year due to bad grades. But before he did, he took an acting course because he was told that "nobody flunks acting." Also received some training at Los Angeles Conservatory of Music. Decided to go into acting because he did not want to work or go into the service. Trained at The Pasadena Playhouse for two years.

and you equate the fact that he worked in a shop next to some dude with a university diploma? Holy shit what must your community college be like.. :D

Moot point. Apprenticeships back then are the equivalent of a diploma, much like plumbers, carpenters, etc etc. Also I go to the University of Iowa the home of such other worthless artists with degress like Kurt Vonnegut, Dennis Johnson, etc etc.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 05:03 PM
And about 90% of Social Sciences. In many cases.
Ah, also agreed.

Yeah which only proves that Ferenc Liszt couldn't get a job.. that makes sense... yeah what the fuck does he know with out a diploma and all...
Wow. Moron. Liszt was a COMPOSER, not a musician. He was not IN a symphony orchestra. Barely any schools even OFFER composition as a major, if any do. And at that, composition and music degrees are compleeeetely different. Seriously.

No teaching children and highschoolers isn't useless you freak, but just so you know, the best teacher I ever had, was an english teacher, and he had no formal education in teaching. So a diploma does not a good teacher make. Ofcourse you have to get one, if you are gonna starve with out it, but it's simply worth SHIT.
What bumfuck country do you live in where people can teach without education? Shit dude.

No again it isn't... although I do agree that in some cases a formal education does and can add alot to a dancer and an actor. But Dustin Hoffman droped out and never even majord in acting.. I guess he's a worthless piece of shit of an artist too eh?
Yes, read rickycrack's post. Honestly, learn to LOOK UP the people you cite as examples BEFORE you look like a fool.

What do you mean me gain some perspective? You're the closed minded moron who thinks you need a paper to be an artist for crying the fuck out loud? I'm the one here trying to open your eyes you numbskull

WHOA. When did I EVER say you NEED a piece of paper to be an artist?? I was arguing that it's not WORTHLESS. It's closed-minded to claim it's WORTHLESS, and open-minded to claim it can often be USEFUL.

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Birth name
Dustin Lee Hoffman
Height
5' 6¾" (1.70 m)
Mini biography

Graduated from Los Angeles High School in 1955. Went to Santa Monica City College where he dropped out after a year due to bad grades. But before he did, he took an acting course because he was told that "nobody flunks acting." Also received some training at Los Angeles Conservatory of Music. Decided to go into acting because he did not want to work or go into the service. Trained at The Pasadena Playhouse for two years.

all I see is dropped out, acting course, la conservatory of music.. no diploma in performing arts ... worthless to you I guess... even if I did it would make no difference, he would still be the same actor at the same level.. that's what my point is no more no less... wether or not he has his diploma doesn't matter. He's pretty short btw isn't he...

Moot point. Apprenticeships back then are the equivalent of a diploma, much like plumbers, carpenters, etc etc.

If they were the equivalent of a diploma, why did they have universities back then, I guess they were the equivalent of what an apprenticeship is now huh? :D

Also I go to the University of Iowa the home of such other worthless artists with degress like Kurt Vonnegut, Dennis Johnson, etc etc.

Yeah good for them... had they not atteneded your glorious school they woulda been homeless I'm sure...

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Ah, also agreed.

Wow. Moron. Liszt was a COMPOSER, not a musician. He was not IN a symphony orchestra. Barely any schools even OFFER composition as a major, if any do. And at that, composition and music degrees are compleeeetely different. Seriously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Liszt (first line)
Franz Liszt (Hungarian: Liszt Ferenc) (October 22, 1811 – July 31, 1886) was a Hungarian virtuoso pianist and composer of the Romantic period.

On of the greatest pianists of all time, and you say he wasn't a musician.. I think I rest my case. You've pretty much won the argument for me here...

What bumfuck country do you live in where people can teach without education? Shit dude.

Funny you should ask, I live in Hungary, and coincidentally Liszt was one of the people in this bumfuck country that actually taught at the conservotry named after and founded partially by him.. I guess it must've been awefull learning from some hillbilly like him...
Yeah our education is in termoil, I guess that's why we have the highest nobel prize/capita of any country.. any more suggestions on how we can adjust our educational system to your standards?
BTW the dude taught english as a foreign language, and he was born in the states... shit.

Yes, read rickycrack's post. Honestly, learn to LOOK UP the people you cite as examples BEFORE you look like a fool.

He does not have a diploma. Which part of that sentance do you need explained to you?

WHOA. When did I EVER say you NEED a piece of paper to be an artist?? I was arguing that it's not WORTHLESS. It's closed-minded to claim it's WORTHLESS, and open-minded to claim it can often be USEFUL.

I said it's worthless, because you don't need one to be a good artist, so arguing that people who have diplomas are the shit when it comes to art is false, and you started arguing with me, god knows why.

It can be useful, like I agreed in building connections, and it can add to some artists, but in the big picture wether you have a diploma or not counts FUCKO BECAUSE IT'S IRRELEVANT. ==> worthless

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Liszt (first line)
Franz Liszt (Hungarian: Liszt Ferenc) (October 22, 1811 – July 31, 1886) was a Hungarian virtuoso pianist and composer of the Romantic period.

On of the greatest pianists of all time, and you say he wasn't a musician.. I think I rest my case. You've pretty much won the argument for me here...
I doesn't matter if he was a great pianist or not. HE WAS NOT IN A SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA. My argument was that it's nearly impossible to get into a SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA without a degree in musical performance, and you argued it with someone who was NEVER IN ONE.

Funny you should ask, I live in Hungary, and coincidentally Liszt was one of the people in this bumfuck country that actually taught at the conservotry named after and founded partially by him.. I guess it must've been awefull learning from some hillbilly like him...
Yeah our education is in termoil, I guess that's why we have the highest nobel prize/capita of any country.. any more suggestions on how we can adjust our educational system to your standards?
BTW the dude taught english as a foreign language, and he was born in the states... shit. Oh yes, I forgot about the eastern european bullshit standards for ESL teaching.

I said it's worthless, because you don't need one to be a good artist, so arguing that people who have diplomas are the shit when it comes to art is false, and you started arguing with me, god knows why.

It can be useful, like I agreed in building connections, and it can add to some artists, but in the big picture wether you have a diploma or not counts FUCKO BECAUSE IT'S IRRELEVANT. ==> worthless
You don't NEED a degree to do ANYTHING. You can be a fucking research scientist without a degree, moron. I had an ecology professor who was smart as hell and who invented Populus, an international program for calculating data in ecological situations, and has written famous textbooks. He didn't have a science degree. If all you're arguing is that you don't NEED an arts degree to do that art, then the same goes for EVERYTHING. However, claiming something is WORTHLESS means that nobody should ever bother getting one because it has NO WORTH.

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 06:02 PM
all I see is dropped out, acting course, la conservatory of music.. no diploma in performing arts ... worthless to you I guess... even if I did it would make no difference, he would still be the same actor at the same level.. that's what my point is no more no less... wether or not he has his diploma doesn't matter. He's pretty short btw isn't he...

I see highschool diploma, college courses, and training at a performing arts school and two years of training at an acting school. This hardly qualifies as dropping out and becoming an amazing actor, because he obviously took the classes and time to learn the art of it from a certifiable insititution.

If they were the equivalent of a diploma, why did they have universities back then, I guess they were the equivalent of what an apprenticeship is now huh? :D

Many of the medieval universities in Europe were born under the aegis of the Roman Catholic Church, usually as cathedral schools or by papal bull as Studia Generali.

For somebody who claims to be college educated you really don't fact check much do you?

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Obviously he doesn't... and you go to a community college. :p

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Obviously he doesn't... and you go to a community college. :p

oooooooooh sick burn, mad props@u <3

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:09 PM
How'd your portfolio go???

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I doesn't matter if he was a great pianist or not. HE WAS NOT IN A SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA. My argument was that it's nearly impossible to get into a SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA without a degree in musical performance, and you argued it with someone who was NEVER IN ONE.

You don't understand.. again. I never said he was in one, I was merley pointing out that it's an absurd requirement from a musician to present a diploma, and a pointless one in that.

Oh yes, I forgot about the eastern european bullshit standards for ESL teaching.

yeah and it's not the only thing you've conviniently forgotten about :D but I guess side stepping arguments elegantly is how you operate..

You don't NEED a degree to do ANYTHING. You can be a fucking research scientist without a degree, moron. I had an ecology professor who was smart as hell and who invented Populus, an international program for calculating data in ecological situations, and has written famous textbooks. He didn't have a science degree. If all you're arguing is that you don't NEED an arts degree to do that art, then the same goes for EVERYTHING. However, claiming something is WORTHLESS means that nobody should ever bother getting one because it has NO WORTH.

Wow... now you're learning bravo. See you do seem to show some progress...You don't need it to do anything.. exactly, but it wouldn't've been worthless for him to get a degree in sicience. I firmly believe that no artist should ever bother getting a diploma, because it doesn't mean jack shit. Getting drunk for 4 years at 2nd rate schools for a thousands of dollars a semester isn't going to add alot to you as an artist. The same cannot be said for aspiring scientists.. altho they too as you've said can gain the appropriate knowledge with out the degree.. that's true. Now we're getting somewhere.. soon enough we'll be able to welcome you to the world of the thinking man.. trust me it's good on this side ;)

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 06:17 PM
How'd your portfolio go???

It took 9 hours, but I finally got the whole thing done. Afterwards I took some unisome and slept for 13 hours only later to feel bad that I wasted an entire day to study. Now I'm brushing up on my Bazin articles and rereading some of my course reader for my sexual studies class for which i have a paper due by 5 pm.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Oxygene, you are a complete moron, at least in this topic. There's really nothing else to say about that, because you run yourself in circles about things that make no sense.
And LOL at the idea that science majors don't spend thousands of dollars at the SAME universities and get drunk every night. I was a science major. And I knew a LOOOOOOOOT of other science majors.

It took 9 hours, but I finally got the whole thing done. Afterwards I took some unisome and slept for 13 hours only later to feel bad that I wasted an entire day to study. Now I'm brushing up on my Bazin articles and rereading some of my course reader for my sexual studies class for which i have a paper due by 5 pm.

Damn! I thought you were done after the portfolio. :( And wait, 5pm tomorrow? Cause it's mos def after 5pm now...

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 06:24 PM
I see highschool diploma, college courses, and training at a performing arts school and two years of training at an acting school. This hardly qualifies as dropping out and becoming an amazing actor, because he obviously took the classes and time to learn the art of it from a certifiable insititution.

Boy you certainly have a problem with this logic thing... it comes down hard on you too doesn't it?
He didn't get a degree, he didn't need one because it's pointless anyway. End of story.

Many of the medieval universities in Europe were born under the aegis of the Roman Catholic Church, usually as cathedral schools or by papal bull as Studia Generali.

Who gives a shit who founded these schools? They were there and DaVinci didn't participate and made a greater impac than anyone who did. End of Story. If any paralell could be drawn between what he did back then to something today, it would be more of an assistant or something, and I highly doubt being an assistant to steven spielberg is ANYTHING like the school you are attending. DaVinci didn't have a degree because he didn't need one (genius requires no official recognition). And trying to drag in foney technicalities isn't going to change the fact that I'm not wrong and he didn't have a degree. Shit you learn slow...

For somebody who claims to be college educated you really don't fact check much do you?

Hey atleast I don't place my arguments on shit like "well I'm right because I think that's a degree and period!" like some 11 year old.. sheesh.. and just for your edification I attend a university to be specific :)

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Oxygene, you are a complete moron, at least in this topic. There's really nothing else to say about that, because you run yourself in circles about things that make no sense.
And LOL at the idea that science majors don't spend thousands of dollars at the SAME universities and get drunk every night. I was a science major. And I knew a LOOOOOOOOT of other science majors.

Ofcourse they do.. I didn't say they don't do the same shit, but in the mean time they learn science shit they will actually use, not some lame subjective shit that their teachers THINK will be good, and in the end not even end up influencing them.
I KNOW some artists benefit from getting a degree, but they don't need it to be good artists, or to be artists at all. and they especially don't need it to critisize art, and claming that art critics are right because they have degrees is complete and utter elitist non-sense preppy boy bullshit. The diplomas are worthless because in my interpretation say NOTHING of the quality of the artist, or how much they know about art.
I'm not saying it doesn't make sense for some to obtain them, you could name a million reasons why they could/should have them, but none of them have to do with how good an artist they can become over time. And the proof is that some (if not most) of the greatest most acknowledged artist ever were formally uneducated, and didn't have degrees. Yet they wrote the books on their arts.
If this is beyond you, then fine say so, and I'll shut up. You can call me a moron and faggot all you want it's still not going to change the fact that I'm right. And the fact that I was running around in circles was due to how slowly others in the conversation could absorb anything I was saying.. I guess calling people names takes alot out of you..

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:37 PM
I KNOW some scientists benefit from getting a degree, but they don't need it to be good scientists, or to be scientists at all. and they especially don't need it to write research papers, and claming that scientists are right because they have degrees is complete and utter elitist non-sense preppy boy bullshit. The diplomas are worthless because in my interpretation say NOTHING of the quality of the scientist, or how much they know about science.
I'm not saying it doesn't make sense for some to obtain them, you could name a million reasons why they could/should have them, but none of them have to do with how good a scientist they can become over time. And the proof is that some (if not most) of the greatest most acknowledged scientists ever were formally uneducated, and didn't have degrees. Yet they wrote the texts on their research.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:39 PM
PS: I've been in a music program, a science program, and a language program. I can FACTUALLY say that ALL THREE taught me the same amount, and it wasn't subjective bullshit. Take a music theory class sometime and tell me again how subjective it is. I dare you.

Oh, and I have a friend who's getting a double degree in Biochemistry and Bassoon performance. Guess which one she claims is HARDER and that she's LEARNING MORE PRACTICAL USES FROM? Oh my god, it's Bassoon Performance!!

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Boy you certainly have a problem with this logic thing... it comes down hard on you too doesn't it?
He didn't get a degree, he didn't need one because it's pointless anyway. End of story.

To get a degree you need to go through classes, training, and schooling. All of which he did. So therefore if a degree is worthless he wouldn't have needed to spend all those years training to be an actor right?:eek: :eek:

Who gives a shit who founded these schools? They were there and DaVinci didn't participate and made a greater impac than anyone who did. End of Story. If any paralell could be drawn between what he did back then to something today, it would be more of an assistant or something, and I highly doubt being an assistant to steven spielberg is ANYTHING like the school you are attending. DaVinci didn't have a degree because he didn't need one (genius requires no official recognition). And trying to drag in foney technicalities isn't going to change the fact that I'm wrong and he didn't have a degree. Shit you learn slow...

Holy shit you're retarded. Medieval universities were for priest training, shit YOU learn slow. Double check your facts. If Da Vinci was already a brilliant artist he wouldn't have learned under the teaching of another artist, amirite imsorite.

Hey atleast I don't place my arguments on shit like "well I'm right because I think that's a degree and period!" like some 11 year old.. sheesh.. and just for your edification I attend a university to be specific :)

At least I don't place my arguments under half assed assumptions nor do I tell half of a story and hope that somebody dosn't double check my facts. If genius dosn't need to be tought than why has everybody that you've mentioned have some form of certification?

lol, faggot.

All About Eve
12-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Richard's into films, and I don't think his degree is for that. I'm not sure though, it's been a while since we talked about it.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:41 PM
No offense Alec... but I'm not sure what your point is...

All About Eve
12-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Back when you were talking about needing degrees to be in a business. Incase you can't tell, I pulled an Andy and stopped reading halfway down the first page.

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 06:46 PM
I KNOW some scientists benefit from getting a degree, but they don't need it to be good scientists, or to be scientists at all. and they especially don't need it to write research papers, and claming that scientists are right because they have degrees is complete and utter elitist non-sense preppy boy bullshit. The diplomas are worthless because in my interpretation say NOTHING of the quality of the scientist, or how much they know about science.
I'm not saying it doesn't make sense for some to obtain them, you could name a million reasons why they could/should have them, but none of them have to do with how good a scientist they can become over time. And the proof is that some (if not most) of the greatest most acknowledged scientists ever were formally uneducated, and didn't have degrees. Yet they wrote the texts on their research.

Even though imitation is the sincerest for of butt kissing, I'm gonna try and stay objective here..
The key is most scientist needed the formal education and degree to become great scientists, not because they couldn't've done it otherwise, but because it's a very effective way to "train" a scientists.. that's the great difference, you can't "train" someone to be "creative in a way that's artsy and appeals to people" but you can "train" someone, to add and subtract. I rest my case, I whish to discuss this no further with you if you aren't willing to understand the simplest of arguments. I could say you're just too fucking stupid, but that would be factually incorrect, you are however acting like you are. :cool:

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Back when you were talking about needing degrees to be in a business. Incase you can't tell, I pulled an Andy and stopped reading halfway down the first pgae.

No, I didn't say that you need a degree to be in anything. I said that JN was right about the biggest things you get out of a degree in some degrees like business.

All About Eve
12-12-2006, 06:53 PM
No, I didn't say that you need a degree to be in anything. I said that JN was right about the biggest things you get out of a degree in some degrees like business.
I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with anything that was said. I was just saying that there's an example of where a degree didn't really matter.

Of course he could have 5 different film majors and I'm just an idiot.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Oxygene, you have done nothing but make sweeping claims with no statistical proof. Individual people are not statistical proof... they are specific examples and can go either way. For someone who believes so strongly in science, you sure don't know how to implement some of the most fundamental concepts of it.

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 06:54 PM
To get a degree you need to go through classes, training, and schooling. All of which he did. So therefore if a degree is worthless he wouldn't have needed to spend all those years training to be an actor right?

He doesn't have a degree - he doesn't need one to be one of the best actors ever.

[QUOTE=RickyCrack;935758]Holy shit you're retarded. Medieval universities were for priest training, shit YOU learn slow. Double check your facts. If Da Vinci was already a brilliant artist he wouldn't have learned under the teaching of another artist, amirite imsorite.

No they weren't, some were (like they still are today), but they tought real science, like history, math, literature etc. Are you insane?!

At least I don't place my arguments under half assed assumptions nor do I tell half of a story and hope that somebody dosn't double check my facts. If genius dosn't need to be tought than why has everybody that you've mentioned have some form of certification?

No... they don't :) Did you see how lamas great uber-science teacher doesn't even have an appropriate degree, yet I hear he's pretty good :D

lol, faggot.

You know that studying english isn't a bad idea you are pretty low on insults.. need some help? Just let of know... you know some of us, don't have to study art, some of us just know how to do it :)
And we don't even need a degree :cool:

Llamas
12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with anything that was said. I was just saying that there's an example of where a degree didn't really matter.

Of course he could have 5 different film majors and I'm just an idiot.

Ah. There are lots of times when what's important is that you HAVE a degree in some form, and less important is what the degree is. This is definitely very true.

All About Eve
12-12-2006, 06:55 PM
blah blah blah I'm annoying blah blah pointless smiley blah blah
No one cares, go away.

0r4ng3
12-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Well, I've never heard of "Jackass Number 2..*!" Is it an add on to Jackass 2?
What are you talking about? The movie is actually called "Jackass Number Two".

And, lemme guess, your next post is gonna mention something about how I spelled out the number so blah blah etc.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 07:00 PM
What are you talking about? The movie is actually called "Jackass Number Two".

And, lemme guess, your next post is gonna mention something about how I spelled out the number so blah blah etc.

Yes, but the thread title has it spelled out, too... so technically, you're right.

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Oxygene, you have done nothing but make sweeping claims with no statistical proof. Individual people are not statistical proof... they are specific examples and can go either way. For someone who believes so strongly in science, you sure don't know how to implement some of the most fundamental concepts of it.

Let me give you some stats
Did you know 98% of people who commited premeditated murder in the past 25 years had consumed bread in the week before the homicide?
It's true..
Did you know that as the number of pirates are decreasing the global temperature is increasing.
Corralation doesn't always equal connection. And how the FUCK am I supposed to quote statistics on how which artists who didn't have diplomas were better than those who did? Or how am I supposed to prove that out of those who did how many didn't even require formal training and woulda become great artists anyway? Draw me a fucking picture of how you would do that, and I'll bow down!

And as for "Individual peopel are not statistical proof" who tried to prove their point with their bafoon playing friend? Seems like a double standard to me. Btw I did take music theory and that is an exact science (duh) as is art history, and as I've posted before (had you read it) those I consider exceptions.. so hurray. You got me there!
Shit...

Oxygene
12-12-2006, 07:05 PM
No one cares, go away.

you know what you're absolutley right.. all these guys hear is "blah blah blah" and I annoy them, and they really don't care, so I'll just stop. Since it is fucking pointless, trying to explain what a sphere is to a dot
:rolleyes:

RickyCrack
12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
you know what you're absolutley right.. all these guys hear is "blah blah blah" and I annoy them, and they really don't care, so I'll just stop. Since it is fucking pointless, trying to explain what a sphere is to a dot
:rolleyes:

awwwwwwwwww, you got proved wrong and now nobody likes you. Faggot, faggot, faggot, faggot, faggot, faggot, faggoty, fag, fag. Last word, I win.

Llamas
12-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Me, too. *high fives*

RickyCrack
12-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Me, too. *high fives*

Wanna make out?

Oxygene
12-13-2006, 03:36 AM
awwwwwwwwww, you got proved wrong and now nobody likes you. Faggot, faggot, faggot, faggot, faggot, faggot, faggoty, fag, fag. Last word, I win.

Yeah you whish :cool:
I especially like the mature "nobody likes you' followed by the million faggots. Despite the fact that I'm a hetero, the strongest argument you could present was calling me a fag :) Yeah.. the rest were that weak =)

Anyway jackass two all the way :)

Paint_It_Black
12-13-2006, 03:41 AM
Yeah, 'cause maturity was totally what he was aiming for.

Oh, by the way, all the fags I know said they were hetero right up until the moment they admitted they were fags. Fag.

RickyCrack
12-13-2006, 07:53 AM
Yeah, 'cause maturity was totally what he was aiming for.

Oh, by the way, all the fags I know said they were hetero right up until the moment they admitted they were fags. Fag.

The words have been taken out of my mouth and usually I would paraphrase but I'm lazy.

0r4ng3
12-13-2006, 12:59 PM
All the fags I know said they were hetero right up until the moment they saw Jackass Number Two.

What, I'm just trying to get back on topic.

RickyCrack
12-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Fag and Jackass(movie, television show, action figures) is pretty much synonymous

Prox
12-13-2006, 01:34 PM
You people think that anything that isn't good isn't entertaining. Even though Jackass is not the greatest show on earth, it is very entertaining.

Stop being a poser and acting like you are so awesome at judging everything.

RickyCrack
12-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Tru punx don't watch anime, fag.

Llamas
12-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Wanna make out?
well that's a dumb question if I ever heard one! Duh!

All the fags I know said they were hetero right up until the moment they saw Jackass Number Two.
true. very, very true.

Fag and Jackass(movie, television show, action figures) is pretty much synonymous
again, true. very, very true.

You people think that anything that isn't good isn't entertaining. Even though Jackass is not the greatest show on earth, it is very entertaining.
You couldn't be more wrong. Some of my favorite movies include Zoolander and Anchorman. They're funny and entertainment, but they are not good movies. However, both are good when compared with Jackass. I've watched Jackass on tv, and it was mind-numbing, predictable humor. The only parts of Jackass that are enjoyable are the actual stunts (like what Bam does). The rest of it is so ridiculously lame.

I Make SweetLove 2Nirvana
12-13-2006, 07:45 PM
BEST MOVlE EVER!!!!!!