PDA

View Full Version : Best way/place to get a site

Homer
12-12-2006, 04:00 PM
My band Against Belief is now starting to play live shows, and we're getting a mixer very soon with 12 songs ready to be recorded, so what I would like to know is if anyone knows a good site or way to get a .com/.ca/etc. site for the band. Preferably, it would have to be cheap and easy to make. Also, it doesn't have to be a full .com site, even something like freewebs would be appreciated... except better.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I'm thinking Bandzoogle.com, but I want to see some other options first.

adombomb222
12-12-2006, 04:36 PM
I'd get a myspace as well.

Tisiacs
12-12-2006, 05:15 PM
i agree with the guy above ^ myspace is a very good one for rising bands...u should try there.

Homer
12-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Yeah, Myspace was a given, and we already have one (it's in my signature). We also already have a Purevolume and an MP3.com account.

But uh, I'm still looking for an actual site.

Little_Miss_1565
12-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Register the domain through GoDaddy.com or something, and find a friend who's learning to design websites put it together for you.

wheelchairman
12-13-2006, 04:52 AM
I used one.com. It's pretty cheap (I think I put down about 40 dollars for the *whole* year. That's after tax.) And they doubled my space for free. Not that I used it.

The good thing is they offer a program that helps you easily create a web page without knowing any sort of code. It's very crude but works.