PDA

View Full Version : how rich r you?

I Make SweetLove 2Nirvana
12-13-2006, 06:49 PM
my house is big. big rooms. big bathroom. no yard. 1 computer and everynew video game sytems

and u?

Sin Studly
12-13-2006, 06:54 PM
I live in a tiny little hovel and eat canned peas ; but girls will actually talk to me.

I Make SweetLove 2Nirvana
12-13-2006, 06:56 PM
I live in a tiny little hovel and eat canned peas ; but girls will actually talk to me.

do u live in a cardbaord box 2?!!! hahahahahaha :D jk man i love you

Llamas
12-13-2006, 06:59 PM
my house is big. big rooms. big bathroom. no yard. 1 computer and everynew video game sytems

and u?

What does your house have to do with being rich?? A lot of poor spend all their money on a house, and a lot of rich people don't blow their money on a house and instead have a small house.

I live in a big house that's rather expensive, but I'm not rich.

Sin Studly
12-13-2006, 07:11 PM
do u live in a cardbaord box 2?!!! hahahahahaha :D jk man i love you

Yes, I live in a cardboard box. I live in cardboard box in a gutter with nothing but my internet connection.

Mota Boy
12-13-2006, 07:36 PM
big bathroom. no yard.
Only one bathroom and no yard?

Llamas
12-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Yes, I live in a cardboard box. I live in cardboard box in a gutter with nothing but my internet connection.

What do you do when the rain seeps through the box and starts your computer on fire? :(

JohnnyNemesis
12-13-2006, 07:46 PM
IMakeSweetLove2Nirvana is hilarious in shot-glass doses, but disastrously mundane when he posts this much at a time.

Llamas
12-13-2006, 07:47 PM
I'd say shotglass is even too much... I think he's like pepper. A sprinkle is great, but if you get too much, you throw out that shit.

Sinister
12-13-2006, 07:52 PM
I don't know how you tolerate that much. The name alone (overall retardedness and horrible formulation) makes me want to gouge my eyes out and makes me ashamed to like a few Nirvana songs.

Lizardus
12-13-2006, 08:42 PM
I eat from a shoe box.

Venom Symbiote
12-13-2006, 10:16 PM
*doesn't bother reading entire thread, can just smell its retardedness*

Middle-class all the way, yo. Average neighbourhood, working office family background.

The way to be.

JohnnyNemesis
12-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeahhh middle-class! Luxuriously apathetic, uncultured, boring as fuck and so insecure about it that they rip anything that's not homogenous to shreds! YEAHH BABY WOOOOOOOO!

Venom Symbiote
12-13-2006, 10:33 PM
None of that is negative at all!

WHOO!

Different view on life, I guess.

Llamas
12-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeahhh middle-class! Luxuriously apathetic, uncultured, boring as fuck and so insecure about it that they rip anything that's not homogenous to shreds! YEAHH BABY WOOOOOOOO!

I think that stuff relates to upper-class. I, and most people I know, are middle class. I don't think we're any of those things, especially uncultured.

JohnnyNemesis
12-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Well, you are. ZING!

Llamas
12-13-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure if you actually think I'm those things... (the zing implies you're not serious, but I'm still not sure). I couldn't possibly see in what ways I could be considered uncultured, though...

The Deceptionist
12-13-2006, 10:59 PM
hm. what a strange thread to post... unless your a home-ophile, just waiting by your keyboard with baited breath to hear the sordid details of... mowed lawns - and wallpaper. oh god! walllpaper! .. but otherwise... yes. most odd

DeAtHsTaR
12-13-2006, 11:15 PM
Lower-middle class, until the inheritance so I hear. But I don't want my Grandma to die.

Mota Boy
12-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Middle-class all the way...

The way to be.

I think that stuff relates to upper-class.
Yeah, class warfare! WOOOOOOOO! Starve the poor! Eat the rich! Mock the middle! And stereotype the lot of 'em! Come on boys, let's rally around an income bracket!

Llamas
12-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Not a war... everyone has opinions on that stuff. It's not like I was insulting people for their income bracket at all. I guess I should have said, "I can see those things more relating to the upper-class", because I didn't mean it in the words he used. I do find upper-class folks to be quite uncultured for the most part, though.

T-6005
12-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Not a war... everyone has opinions on that stuff. It's not like I was insulting people for their income bracket at all. I guess I should have said, "I can see those things more relating to the upper-class", because I didn't mean it in the words he used. I do find upper-class folks to be quite uncultured for the most part, though.
Do you know many?

The Deceptionist
12-13-2006, 11:41 PM
...I do find upper-class folks to be quite uncultured for the most part, though. perhaps less uncultured and more blissfully ignorant of the harsh realities of life for the working man

JohnnyNemesis
12-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Yeah, class warfare! WOOOOOOOO! Starve the poor! Eat the rich! Mock the middle! And stereotype the lot of 'em! Come on boys, let's rally around an income bracket!

lawlz, you make it sound like people actually like, exist and stuff and aren't just wallets, lolololol.

Llamas
12-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Do you know many?

Yes, I do. My step-father's grandparents fall into that category, plus I used to work at a garden center that catered to the upper class, aka people who could afford to come to one of the most over-priced garden centers in the US, drop $2,000 in a day on some trees, and come back the next day to drop another $2,000 on home decor. And then they had the nerve to make racial slurs at the mexican and black people who worked there, and the richer people were always the meanest and most condescending. One of my co-workers was called a "fucking cunt" by an 80 year woman with a gold cane, because we were out of corn cobs for squirrels.

I don't think all upper-class people are like this, but I've worked at places in upper-class areas, middle-class areas, and very poor areas. I enjoyed middle-class and poor areas the most... I enjoyed the job I had in the upper-class area, but they were the worst customers I could ever ask for.

Mota Boy
12-13-2006, 11:50 PM
It's not like I was insulting people for their income bracket at all... I do find upper-class folks to be quite uncultured for the most part, though.
?

lawlz, you make it sound like people actually like, exist and stuff and aren't just wallets, lolololol.
Oh, heavens no! People are much more than their paycheck. Obviously, one must also take gender and skin color into account.

Tizzalicious
12-13-2006, 11:50 PM
This thread should be called "How rich r your parents?" instead.

Venom Symbiote
12-13-2006, 11:56 PM
One of my co-workers was called a "fucking cunt" by an 80 year woman with a gold cane.

I'm laughing. So very much.

:p Don't call me a bad person.

Llamas
12-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Oh, it was hilarious as fuck. Didn't make her any less of a fucking bitch, though.

And everyone should check out my mellophone solo I posted in the "your band" section. :)

calichix
12-14-2006, 12:07 AM
I work in retail......

Llamas
12-14-2006, 12:09 AM
Does that make you sad?

calichix
12-14-2006, 12:17 AM
working in retail makes you mawkish. working in retail is constant brainfood. working in retail is so worth getting paid $180 for 40 hours of work. *anuerism*

Bazza
12-14-2006, 12:29 AM
I find shelf-stacking so boring that I end up counting things, "that's 1387 cans of beans stacked", just to keep my brain from rotting away.

wheelchairman
12-14-2006, 12:38 AM
I work in retail......

I once worked a job where I talked to customers (mailman), I was so consumed by hate during work hours it was unbelievable. I hid it quite well, but throughout the day the constant thoughts in my head were "oh these idiots and hiding their mailboxes behind their house after a long driveway, what's wrong with them. Especially when they can only get advertisements because no one would write to them anyways. Idiots."

I work in warehouse now and am much happier for it. (it's also a 10% pay cut.)

Llamas
12-14-2006, 12:44 AM
working in retail makes you mawkish. working in retail is constant brainfood. working in retail is so worth getting paid $180 for 40 hours of work. *anuerism*

HOLY SHIT. What's the minimum wage where you are?? 40 hours x $5 an hour = $200 alone. Our min wage here is $6... I feel so bad for you. :( I made $6.50 at the first garden center, $8.50 at target, and $9.00 at the second garden center. I would NEVER do that kind of work for as little as you make. :( :(

I find shelf-stacking so boring that I end up counting things, "that's 1387 cans of beans stacked", just to keep my brain from rotting away.
I never did that kind of retail. That's ridiculous. I'd claw my eyes out. I've always done customer work, "sales floor" at target, and more general customer work at garden centers (helping people pick out plants for their houses and helping them plan their gardens).

I once worked a job where I talked to customers (mailman), I was so consumed by hate during work hours it was unbelievable. I hid it quite well, but throughout the day the constant thoughts in my head were "oh these idiots and hiding their mailboxes behind their house after a long driveway, what's wrong with them. Especially when they can only get advertisements because no one would write to them anyways. Idiots."

mailbox behind their house?? wtf?? mailman seems rather lonely... you talk to people sometimes, but you mostly work alone. :-/

JohnnyNemesis
12-14-2006, 12:47 AM
HOLY SHIT. What's the minimum wage where you are?? 40 hours x $5 an hour = $200 alone.

Taxes .

wheelchairman
12-14-2006, 12:58 AM
mailbox behind their house?? wtf?? mailman seems rather lonely... you talk to people sometimes, but you mostly work alone. :-/

The world is better this way. If people knew what their mailman was thinking they wouldn't want to open their doors during the day...

On a side note. Once I had the unbelievable urge to pee. And I was going down a long stretch of street. And on the other side was some kind of long overpass-like thing (but not an overpass since it was only one lane.) And there was a small tunnel like thing with grass on the other end. I decided to piss in the tunnel, while in the tunnel I could hear a lawnmower at the other end, so I was a little worried that this tunnel might be some sort of driveway. But I wasn't worried enough to stop me from peeing in it.

Well I'm halfway through when a car rolls by slowly and stops in the tunnel opening. I had a fucking heartattack, like oh shit what do I do know?

Luckily they drove on.

Llamas
12-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Taxes .

I forgot that I don't have taxes taken out where I work... they're factored in. Regardless, that's still a long way off. If you take taxes out, she still makes around $5/hr or less, which is ridiculous.

The Deceptionist
12-14-2006, 01:22 AM
MP: Cardboard box?
TG: Aye.
MP: You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in
a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the
morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down
mill for fourteen hours a day week in, week out. When we got home,
our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

Right.. I had to get up in the morning, at 10 o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed - eat a lump of cold poison, work 29 hours a day down t'mill AND pay t'mill owner for provision to come to work... and when we got home - our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves singing hallelujah...

And you try and tell the young people of today that - they won't believe you...

Thank god for 6 funny British blokes

The Deceptionist
12-14-2006, 01:37 AM
i dont know if id call the four yorkshiremen posh really, i think thats part of the point. sort of the antithesis of poshdom lol, not sure about the provision/permission thing i was looking for a transcript but my python scriptbook is buried beneath masses of junk :(

and i swear my dads the fifth yorkshireman lol. he sounds and talks just like that sometimes... northern git lol

calichix
12-14-2006, 01:53 AM

oh, god. you should read Post Office by Charles Bukowski. reading that book alone made me hate all of humanity, I don't know how I'd handle ACTUALLY being a mail carrier. did you get government benefits?

Ilovellamas, I get paid $7.50 an hour but I filed 0 on my income taxes so they take out exorbitant amounts of money for social security and stuff. AND they have this ridiculous system where if you clock out a minute before you're supposed to your last hour doesn't count, same if you clock in a minute too late. sometimes you're just like, "fuck it I'm leaving 20 minutes early and chowing down. I've been learning how to h88 all day and I need a quesadilla." then your paycheck bites you in the ass later.

The Deceptionist
12-14-2006, 01:55 AM
*shakes head* Nope, nope, they won't believe ya.

Isn't it "permission" to come to work? I always say it that way.

Actually the original version is with Marty Feldman 1948 show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=656KldeywUs)
It has somehow a different feel, but it's still quite funny.

I remember seeing that, but I always thought Peter Cooke was in it for some reason. I'm sure he probably did a version.. somewhere.. at some point in time

the_GoDdEsS
12-14-2006, 02:12 AM

and u?

This is a bad case of: "Hello, my name is X and I am six years old. My daddy is rich and I've got [insert long list of useless fancy things here]."

I've heard that from small kids.

Also Tizz made a good point with the parents reference.

The Deceptionist
12-14-2006, 04:54 AM
man what a shitty day. i can feel myself getting grumpier and grumpier by the minute :( and ive forgotten what i was actually going to post. shit...

k, engage memory banks...

firstly - i think you're right about permission. fuck knows where provision came from

secondly - the funniest thing about that sketch, rather than how funny it is, is how little old people have changed since the.. mid sixties [??] I guess old and young are just two mortal enemies that will never get on

JohnnyNemesis
12-14-2006, 05:02 AM
^No more hope for better day!

Manic Subsidal Boy
12-14-2006, 05:27 AM
Not very, to answer the question

The Deceptionist
12-14-2006, 05:40 AM
^No more hope for better day!

mate, i swear im cursed! nothins gone right 4 me since i left the house this morning. and theres a big hole in my wall now... plus i cut myself shaving - ultra-rare occurrence... failed my essay [and presumably this year's course] and stubbed my toe :( i need some really ironic music just so i have someone to laugh at - even if it is just me...

and the next song i hear happens to be... (http://media.putfile.com/How-Sweet-to-be-an-Idiot-24)

Nina
12-14-2006, 07:17 AM
This thread doesnt make sense.
Even if we did take the question (and the answer of the OP) seriously for a moment it wouldnt make sense to count on belongings that arent yours. Or DO YOU OWN THAT HOUSE? I doubt it.
I still live at home, I dont work fulltime yet and I've been poor (not literally) all my life...so if I take the question literally, I'd say I really dont have many belongings that are actually worth something.
My parents own the apartment we live in, and two cars and many more things. They're still not rich ;/

Rag Doll
12-14-2006, 07:33 AM
bwahaha, you want snobby customers? try working in a fairly high end wine shop. $2000 a day is nothing then. try $15k. try $3-6k on one bottle of wine. *headdesk* realllllly snobby people there.

and i'm like, super-rich. lolz. i drive a SWEET 7 year old car with a few dents, but they're small, so it's ok.

Lodat225
12-14-2006, 12:30 PM

Hahaha, wow.

SkunkIt
12-14-2006, 01:06 PM
I M SO rich I have INTERNET.

killer_queen
12-14-2006, 01:34 PM
We're not rich. We live in the ghetto and people try to sell me drugs when my dad is taking me shopping with his BMW. :(

Llamas
12-14-2006, 02:05 PM
bwahaha, you want snobby customers? try working in a fairly high end wine shop. $2000 a day is nothing then. try $15k. try $3-6k on one bottle of wine. *headdesk* realllllly snobby people there.

and i'm like, super-rich. lolz. i drive a SWEET 7 year old car with a few dents, but they're small, so it's ok.

the wine thing sounds horrible. :( I couldn't deal with that.

and 7 years old isn't that old. My last car that I got rid of a year ago was a 1990 corolla with POP UP HEADLIGHTS. Ghetto cruiser.

the_GoDdEsS
12-14-2006, 02:11 PM
At least you people can afford a car, no matter what kind. That's like whoa here. I feel there is only a small percentage of people under 30 here with their own car.

JohnnyNemesis
12-14-2006, 03:19 PM
We're not rich. We live in the ghetto and people try to sell me drugs when my dad is taking me shopping with his BMW. :(

Yeah, pap pap pap goes the sound of MY gat too.

Llamas
12-14-2006, 03:59 PM
At least you people can afford a car, no matter what kind. That's like whoa here. I feel there is only a small percentage of people under 30 here with their own car.

In the US, though... it's pretty much necessary to have a car. I'm not really sure why it is, maybe things are more spread out. I know our public transportation here BLOWS compared to europe, though.

Oxygene
12-14-2006, 04:20 PM
In the US, though... it's pretty much necessary to have a car. I'm not really sure why it is, maybe things are more spread out. I know our public transportation here BLOWS compared to europe, though.

you could literally die of starvation in a suburb without a car.. I have a car here, because I inheirited it from my grand pa when he died.. the car is as old as I am (25) so.. I guess I'm rich now... I'd rather have my grandpa back tho...

Mota Boy
12-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I'd rather have my grandpa back than a two-and-a-half decade-old car too. If he left me a brand new Porsche, however...

adombomb222
12-14-2006, 04:45 PM

Yea, we have a huge mass transit spread though out the Denver metro area. I haven't taken it yet cause it already sucks, it takes you to remote areas a long distance from any of the building where people would work at, a BIG waste of Coloradoís taxpayer money, and its not even complete. But it has taken a lot of cars off the highways. Now instead of taking an hour and a half to get from Centennial to Denver, it now takes an hour. Itís too inefficient and people who use it will soon realize that and get back in their cars. Oh, and plus I think you have to pay to park you car at the lots near the stations were it picks up and drops people off.

JohnnyNemesis
12-14-2006, 06:16 PM
lawlz @ ppl who need cars. It's just not necessary at all in NYC, and I was shocked when I got a bit older and realized how crucial it is everywhere else.

0r4ng3
12-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Even in what I call "Not NYC" where I live, cars aren't a necessity. Still, everyone seems to have one, and no one knows how to fucking drive one.

Paint_It_Black
12-14-2006, 06:30 PM
It would be too easy to make an Asian joke right now, wouldn't it?

Llamas
12-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Yea, we have a huge mass transit spread though out the Denver metro area. I haven't taken it yet cause it already sucks, it takes you to remote areas a long distance from any of the building where people would work at, a BIG waste of Coloradoís taxpayer money, and its not even complete. But it has taken a lot of cars off the highways. Now instead of taking an hour and a half to get from Centennial to Denver, it now takes an hour. Itís too inefficient and people who use it will soon realize that and get back in their cars. Oh, and plus I think you have to pay to park you car at the lots near the stations were it picks up and drops people off.

lawlz @ ppl who need cars. It's just not necessary at all in NYC, and I was shocked when I got a bit older and realized how crucial it is everywhere else.

I meant... crucial to have a car if you don't live in a big city. It's not necessary in the twin cities, either.

lawlz, however, at NYC, where you're making things WORSE for you if you have a car because it's fucking HELL to try to drive anywhere there. Chicago, too. I could not handle that, even if I'm not driving, it annoys the shit out of me to see that kind of traffic and asshole attitude.
atombomb, most big cities have similar transit systems. In the US, though, transit systems blow. They just do because of how they train urban planners in the US to plan out the systems. I've been to enough big cities to notice that their transit systems are very similar, and they all suck.

adombomb222
12-14-2006, 07:42 PM
lawlz, however, at NYC, where you're making things WORSE for you if you have a car because it's fucking HELL to try to drive anywhere there. Chicago, too. I could not handle that, even if I'm not driving, it annoys the shit out of me to see that kind of traffic and asshole attitude.
atombomb, most big cities have similar transit systems. In the US, though, transit systems blow. They just do because of how they train urban planners in the US to plan out the systems. I've been to enough big cities to notice that their transit systems are very similar, and they all suck.

I've been to Chicago, their transit wasn't too bad, and it got from the airport to any of the main streets pretty well. I did notice the taxis I took, that their driving skills were "scary." and there was a lot of honking for what seemed like no reason. During my stay I walked almost everywhere, everything was within walking distance. I only taxied to a restaurant, the aquarium (I was going to see the King Tut exhibit it was sold out, but the aquarium was absolutely beautiful much larger then the Denver aquarium) and Million Park. But yes, it is a lot bigger then Denver, I didnít expect it to be so much bigger, I could imagine New York or another large city like that.

HornyPope
12-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey Mota Boy, you finally gonna come out with whose your daddy and what does he do?

There are wine bottles that retail for over three grand? I thought those go in private auctions or cellars, hotels etc...

Venom Symbiote
12-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I doubt he's talking about a bottle shop as such.

But maybe he is...that would be insane, though. Hope they have pretty fucking scary security guards.

Rag Doll
12-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I doubt he's talking about a bottle shop as such.

But maybe he is...that would be insane, though. Hope they have pretty fucking scary security guards.

Are you referring to me? If so, I am female, kthx.

Vlad, I think we may have gotten them from an auction. I can't recall...I just remember fielding phone calls about them. But yeah. one of the more expensive bottles that I remember offhand is called "Chateau D Yquem" (i *think* i got the spelling correct). It's not a standard size wine bottle, it's larger.

T-6005
12-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Saw the $4,399.00 bottle of Cognac today. Fainted.

HeadAroundU
12-15-2006, 02:41 AM
I'll inherit a three-room flat and a quarter (need to kill my cousins) of grandmom's house with garden in the village. Actually, it's all on my name. Plus, computer and some considerable money.

So, I'm a millionaire.

Paint_It_Black
12-15-2006, 02:48 AM
How about we kill each others cousins?

Strangers on a BBS.

Llamas
12-15-2006, 02:59 AM
I like my cousins. :(

Oxygene
12-15-2006, 03:10 AM
I like my cousins. :(

I got one cousin and I like her, but if she died I'd be the heir to some serious shit! :)

HeadAroundU
12-15-2006, 03:13 AM
That's because you have no property. :p

Paint_It_Black
12-15-2006, 03:15 AM
Well shit, I like some of my cousins too. But money's money, and I sure as hell don't want to work for it.

Oxygene
12-15-2006, 03:16 AM
That's because you have no property. :p

do you speak english? :)

Llamas
12-15-2006, 03:16 AM
Well shit, I like some of my cousins too. But money's money, and I sure as hell don't want to work for it.

lol you are such a dick!

Paint_It_Black
12-15-2006, 03:19 AM
Actually I like to fluctuate between dickishness and sweet, it keeps people on their toes.

The Deceptionist
12-15-2006, 09:29 AM
lol i inherited a harmonica.. and maybe a bit of laziness..

JoY
12-17-2006, 03:43 AM
it's said that I am posh. & this was concluded on basis of my Dutch & political preference.
I can't complain & all. I lead a good life. I don't have any cash, but hell, I'm a student, so it's only natural my bank account is a negative number. I grew up in quite the fortunate situation, but my parents never saved up a lot. they're definitely no big spenders, but they have enough & what they have they don't put on bankaccounts to let it sit there & rot away. my parents do what they do, not because it makes a lot (because both of their jobs, especially my mother's, don't have cash rolling in that easily), but because it's what they love to do. they enjoy their jobs, the house, all the good things in life, what they have..- they generally enjoy life.

they spend a lot on the house, just generally on quality living. quality living has nothing to do with how much you've got, if you've got a swimming pool, a large car, a number of bathrooms, lots of marble, a massive security system, but it's got to do with the quality of what you have & it being functional. when you start buying things that aren't functional just for the heck of it because you have the money anyway, you're not rich, but you're lost. you lost direction & purpose.

i luvvv u.

This thread should be called "How rich r your parents?" instead.

yes!

same here. well, I grew up in a place where it's mighty practical to have a car, but even then you can get by with just a bike. it's just annoying when you want to move stuff. either a lot of stuff, heavy stuff, or large stuff.

in Amsterdam a car is just outright a pain in the ass. you can't really park a car anywhere & streets in the center are really fucking narrow. I don't get why so many people in the center of Amsterdam of all places got such massive fucking cars to compensate their tiny dicks, when it's almost impossible to find a parking space it's going to fit in & when they take up the entire width of the streets. when you live.. in the center of Amsterdam.. in your own bought house... everyone knows you've got serious cash & you don't need a monstrous unpractical car to prove anything. it's just unbefuckinglievable.

wheelchairman
12-17-2006, 04:23 AM
Bella, haha. I called my bank a month ago. They said if they had to lock my card one more time, they would not unlock it. (making my bank account rather useless.)

So I've been extremely careful not to go into minus.

JoY
12-17-2006, 05:42 AM
my bank loves me for using money that isn't mine. d'you know how much that costs over here, having a negative number in the bank? *sigh* you have less than no money & they're smart enough to CHARGE you for it. but hey, what choice do I have? I need to pay for my foodz, cigarettes, drinks & parties. that's pretty much what it's all spent on, gradually over time.

I've got a max (..the word "minimum" would be more appropriate in this case) of -1000 euros & when I settled the arrangement with my bank, that I could go into the minus, I never thought I would hit such a low. but oh, will you look at that; more than once, three times this year.

the_GoDdEsS
12-17-2006, 05:46 AM
Ugh, my bank talked me into getting the possibility to go into minus. The option is for free but you pay through the nose once you drop below zero. Scared to think I'd ever hit that low. It could be practical if you ever needed more money but only for a short time.

wheelchairman
12-17-2006, 05:47 AM
They won't allow me to have minus. You people are lucky. :(
And should I go a little in minus they charge me 100 DKK plus 10%.

JoY
12-17-2006, 05:47 AM
Maria; ...that's almost half. geez! thank god they don't charge me that much here. :/ where the hell would I get an extra 450 euros from?

Sim; exactly. that's exactly why I got the arrangement anyway; one day I just couldn't shop for groceries anymore, so I decided, if I wanted dinner, I had to settle things with the bank straight away. I was hesistant, but yeah well, when you have 0,47 cents in the bank, you're glad if you can still spend 1000,47 euros. not because of the amount, but because you've got something to spend in the first place.

Per; muchos expensive, eh? they're silly for not letting you go into the minus. it's good for economy! you'd think they'd like their clients to pay extra for some temporary money that isn't theirs anyway.

wheelchairman
12-17-2006, 05:49 AM
You're the jew. You tell us!

JoY
12-17-2006, 06:03 AM
You're the jew. You tell us!

it gets better/worse; I'm a Dutch Jew!
the mixture unfortunately doesn't work out for me, though. like - & - makes +, + & + makes - in my case. or maybe I'm so incredibly good with money, I'm smart enough not to have any. how philosophical of me!

haha yeah the yids know how to fleece. pawnbrokers & all that. I never knew a Jew to be poor. They always manage, SOMEHOW.

oh bella bellissima I'm just kidding of course. still.

well, my parents gave my brother & me a rather generous "Christmas gift", because we're both in money-troubles, so I guess both of us manage & will manage for at least the upcoming three months.

& don't forget; I'm a Jew, with a violin, playing gipsy music. it's the worst job of all jobs where the music originally comes from, but in the Netherlands playing gipsy music pays off alright. plus, I'm not afraid to betray my background & play in the Catholic church every year at Christmas eve, if I can make a nice sum with it.

JoY
12-17-2006, 06:29 AM
oh, I don't clinch to one of different religions, that from a relatively small distance are all exactly the same. Protestantism, Catholicism... I don't get why they ever took the trouble to seperate the two from each other/keep the two seperated in the first place. sure, they're different. when looking through a magnifying glass.

(I don't want any education on how HUGE the differences are, I'm well aware, so thanks but no thanks. I just like to shrug them away, because in the end it's all about the same thing anyway)

I like those masses for in church at Christmas. they're a pleasure to play, plus it drives me to go to church - A church - at least three times a year (two rehearsels). I'm so cultured! AND posh, so take that Bri. ;P

Maria, a piano? it partly makes sense, because I suppose around 1900 you didn't bring an entire piano with you, when crossing an ocean. not to mention many Jews moved out of Europe as soon as the word about Hitler was being spread (at least, half of my family did) & when you're in a hurry, trying to get away unnoticed & stay invisible, I don't suppose you would take a piano with you.

music does make a large part of their culture, as far as I understand. when merely hearing Jewish music you know it has to be so. it's passed on by generations traditionally & the tradition couldn't have lived on, if there weren't enough people to follow it. piano is an unlogical instrument in the Jewish culture, though. I guess it symbolised the fact they were going to settle there, because usually they're wanderers & therefore don't carry massive instruments.

the_GoDdEsS
12-17-2006, 06:35 AM
This reminds me I wish our gypsies would at least make money from making music other than drinking, stealing and refusing to do any kind of work. Because they're good with violins and stuff.

Sin Studly
12-17-2006, 06:44 AM
Protestantism, Catholicism... I don't get why they ever took the trouble to seperate the two from each other/keep the two seperated in the first place.... sure, they're different. when looking through a magnifying glass.... because in the end it's all about the same thing anyway

My Irish blood is urging me to spill yours and flood Amsterdam. Fenian Ulster forever, fuck Martin Luther and the cunt of Britain.

Mota Boy
12-17-2006, 07:01 AM
oh, I don't clinch to one of different religions, that from a relatively small distance are all exactly the same. Protestantism, Catholicism... I don't get why they ever took the trouble to seperate the two from each other/keep the two seperated in the first place. sure, they're different. when looking through a magnifying glass.
Back when the split occurred, though, the church dominated every aspect of life - not just religion, but government, culture, science, the arts... everything fell under its domain. So it even though the specifics seem very minor at the moment, during the Reformation they were enormous.

Betty
12-17-2006, 12:03 PM
I am doing pretty alright for myself at the moment. Have a lot of debt though, but it will be paid off in due time.

The class debate is interesting, I'm generally somewhat interested in observing how people my age reflect the "class" they were raised in. In your early twenties you should really be breaking free to an extent from your parents/guardians, so you can only observe what ever remnants of the effect remain. I've noticed some differences in some cases, sometimes so subtle that I would not have been able to guess which class a person game from but I can rationalize why they act the way they do once I know.

It does vary across the board though, and I think it really strongly depends on how they've been raised. I've known rich people who are cheap as hell and some who are extremely generous. Some who are class elitist or whatever, and some who are fed up with some of the attitude in the upper class after experiencing so much of it and go the opposite way, and some who maintain fairly moderate views on the subject. They mostly all want to earn some money in the future, but how they go about that, and how easily they believe they can achieve that varies a bit. I can notice a trend in attitude towards money and work related to making money in general though. Political opinions vary across the board. I'd say "culturedness" is not particularly an issue at all. Perhaps "classiness" (ie. dress, taste, manners, etc.)

I don't notice too much difference between lower middle/middle/upper middle classes really. My family has frequented all of these at one point in time, perhaps even falling out of the middle for a while. It has added to my life experience some, but I don't think it entirely changed how I am as a person, but hey, how can I know?

There's always that financial tension that exists between people, but it can often be pushed pretty far to the side.

Lower class... I don't really want to speak about lower class cause I almost feel as if I will automatically get myself into trouble. So maybe I won't do that.

Zack
12-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Im not rich just kind of in the middle, 3bed, 2bath, 1story, and so on.

wheelchairman
12-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Betty, well generally I think student belongs to be in an own class of it's own. I don't know though, one could put a lower middle and upper class among students. Can't really say never thought about it.

HornyPope
12-17-2006, 01:06 PM
It's too easy to make money in this continent. If you actually want money and you are discplined, only your own intelligence or tragic faith can come between you making couple million bucks before you turn 30.

Betty
12-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Betty, well generally I think student belongs to be in an own class of it's own. I don't know though, one could put a lower middle and upper class among students. Can't really say never thought about it.

I think you may have entirely missed my point Per?

I was just talking about how people my age-ish are based on which class they grew up in. Not how much they personally earn now that they are semi or fully independent.

(Upon re-reading... "I think student belongs to be in an own class of it's own"... ha... nice one.)

wheelchairman
12-17-2006, 01:25 PM
I think you may have entirely missed my point Per?

I was just talking about how people my age-ish are based on which class they grew up in. Not how much they personally earn now that they are semi or fully independent.

(Upon re-reading... "I think student belongs to be in an own class of it's own"... ha... nice one.)
No I meant attitude-wise as well as you did. But I got lost in my own thoughts so it came out awkward.

Another interesting aspect would be percieved class from which they came, to actual class moving to how they relate to it.

Either way, this is just procrastination for me. :(

The Deceptionist
12-17-2006, 11:22 PM
bit of a random question here, but im interested to know.. what the word for joint, or spliff, is in each of your respective countries. i mean its just one of those few important words you need to know when you travel, you know?

Izie
12-17-2006, 11:31 PM
In Quebec? Joint and spliff are fine, "J" is used often for short, otherwise just the name of the plant or "green" or "chronic".

The Deceptionist
12-17-2006, 11:38 PM
lol yeah, i suppose i should make a list for our most-used joint words here

j, bifta, stick of dreams, doob, spliff, joint, dutchie, le boeuf

Izie
12-17-2006, 11:39 PM
You mean someone actually says "hey mates, let us smoke a stick of dreams"? Lol dick sucking fags.

Or le boeuf. Hahahaha British. You looooove that mad meat.

The Deceptionist
12-17-2006, 11:44 PM
You mean someone actually says "hey mates, let us smoke a stick of dreams"? Lol dick sucking fags.

Or le boeuf. Hahahaha British. You looooove that mad meat.

lol its more likely that someone will say they're going to roll a stick of dreams. it does sound strange written down, but its all about the british humour... and the stick of dreams

Izie
12-17-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm going to stick my stick of dreams into my woman now kthxbi.

Camel Filters
12-18-2006, 12:28 AM
I had 10 grand in my savings at the end of the summer. But then all hell broke lose. I moved out, next thing you know my car broke down, spent 3 thousand on a new car, then I found a leak in the cooling system and the only way to fix that is to get a new moter. So I just spent another 2 thousand on a new engine. So it will take a while to get back to the 10 thousand dollar mark.

JoY
12-18-2006, 01:30 AM
Back when the split occurred, though, the church dominated every aspect of life - not just religion, but government, culture, science, the arts... everything fell under its domain. So it even though the specifics seem very minor at the moment, during the Reformation they were enormous.

(I don't want any education on how HUGE the differences are, I'm well aware, so thanks but no thanks. I just like to shrug them away, because in the end it's all about the same thing anyway)

yes, yes, I knows.

Izie
12-18-2006, 08:13 AM
I moved out right at the point where my mommy started earning a lot of money (for local standards), I suck at this whole "use your parents" thing :(

Then again I moved to a place where I make almost as much money as she does while working a non-grad job part time, so... Yeah.

And as far as attitude goes, I'm destined to be the snobby one. Bourgeoisie ftw! Stupid commies :(