PDA

View Full Version : ideas plz

Nina
12-14-2006, 07:13 AM
I know this question is annoying, but I'm quite desperate.

My mom's birthday is on the 29th of this month. I've been thinking for a present since the end of November. I just cant think of anything.

If you can think of something, please tell me. I'll be thankful for any idea that can be taken seriously. I'm aware you dont know my mom, but it's the variety of ideas that matters.

- no jewerly
- no kitchen-items
- no flowers (cause I'll buy her flowers anyway)

Anythig crafty will work. Thanks in advance :]

Rag Doll
12-14-2006, 07:39 AM
maybe make her a picture frame? you could put a family picture in it or leave it empty for her to choose what to put in it.

Sinister
12-14-2006, 07:41 AM
One or many CDs if she doesn't already have all she likes. I know it's not a crafty idea. But a crafted CD-rack might be good for that aspect.

killer_queen
12-14-2006, 07:42 AM
A scarf? Lipstick? Mascara? Perfume?

noodlesfan
12-14-2006, 07:44 AM
Give her a paper that says you're going to disappear for the day, that's what I get my mother every year, and she loves it.

Tizzalicious
12-14-2006, 07:45 AM
My mom doesn't like those typical mom things like bodylotion and perfume, which makes it hard to buy presents for her too. Maybe your mom does like them? Something nice for in the house maybe? A pictureframe with a picture from Barcelona in it (if there's one you have with the both of you), or bake her something nice!

el_monkey
12-14-2006, 07:48 AM
nen kalender (evtl. mit selbstgemachten bildern)

Endymion
12-14-2006, 08:12 AM
um, a book?

Nina
12-14-2006, 10:30 AM
maybe make her a picture frame?

That's really good, but I already made that present to her..more than once :[

Give her a paper that says you're going to disappear for the day, that's what I get my mother every year, and she loves it.

Haha, cute. But I think my mom would love to spend time with me!

My mom doesn't like those typical mom things like bodylotion and perfume, which makes it hard to buy presents for her too.

Exactly. my mom doesnt want make-up, parfume or the like, especially because she always gets that stuff and she never seems thrilled!
But baking something for her sounds great. I think that'll be part of the present. Thanks!

nen kalender (evtl. mit selbstgemachten bildern)

Awesome, thanks. I gave self-made calenders as a gift to other people before, but never to my mom. I have no idea why. But I'll do that!

the_GoDdEsS
12-14-2006, 10:30 AM
I'd probably go for something useful for the household or health issues related like massage/orthopedical thingies.

0r4ng3
12-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Get a bracelet-spatula-daisy. That'll do it.

Oh, wait a second.

- no jewerly
- no kitchen-items
- no flowers (cause I'll buy her flowers anyway)
Never mind, then.

T-6005
12-14-2006, 11:45 AM
A gift-certificate to somewhere she likes.

Lodat225
12-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Get a bracelet-spatula-daisy. That'll do it.

Oh, wait a second.

Never mind, then.

That was funny ...

SkunkIt
12-14-2006, 12:59 PM
I hate buying usual stuff myself, unless It's last minute, so here's a list of things you could buy her:

Coffee or tea sampler gift set

Faux tile customized picture

Gift card/certificate

New boots/fancy shoes

Fancy winter hat/ scarf/ set

Custom picture snow globe

Statue/ figurine

Handmade pastries/ cookies/ chocolate gift basket (This Is an easy DIY)

Music compilation CD set

Movie DVD/ VHS

Bath, makeup and gift certificate basket or gift box set (You can also make
one yourself)

Fancy winter coat

Nina
12-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the ideas! I'm not a fan of buying clothing or shoes because my mom would rather try things on before she buys stuff (I'm the same) but all the other ideas are great, thanks :]

I think I'll go with:
flowers
self-made card
self-made cookies
basket with shower/bathing stuff, gift card for a German store, lots of different types of tea and some other stuff I'll see while I go shopping.

SkunkIt
12-14-2006, 01:23 PM
You're welcome. :)