PDA

View Full Version : College folk

sKratch
12-14-2006, 10:26 AM
The end of the semester is upon us. How are you guys 'celebrating' this event? I finish today with a Mathematical Methods of Physics final from 2:00-4:00 and plan to start drinking promptly afterwards. My buddy and I are splitting a 4 liter jug of Carlo Rossi (on sale for $9.99) and we'll be playing wine pong all afternoon.

Bazza
12-14-2006, 10:29 AM
I finish uni tomorrow, but I'm having a late night poker/drinking session tonight. I'll be celebrating tomorrow by driving home, fun!

fischer
12-14-2006, 10:35 AM
My semester will finish by the New Year, but then I'll have exams and only then, at the end of the January, I will have some holidays. It's too early for me to think about celebration.

Rag Doll
12-14-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't finish til next week. I'm currently on page 9 of a paper on the Netherlands due in...oh, 3 hours. *sigh*. I'll have a mini-celebration after work tonight with a bottle of merlot.

My real celebration will come next Friday night with a big bottle of Bacardi O and a big bottle of Bacardi Grand Melon and gossip with my best friend.

Tizzalicious
12-14-2006, 10:38 AM
If you need more help Sam, just let me know!

Tired_Of_You
12-14-2006, 10:53 AM
My last exam is tomorrow morning. I've got two research to do for Monday, though. I'm not sure if I'll survive. I'm not really celebrating that... Someone invited me to go to a bar/club/whatever with friends, tomorrow, but I'm not sure I'll go. Next Tuesday I'm going to do something with my friends, but I don't know what we're going to do yet. It's probably for the birthday of one of my friends. I just got an email saying that they "reserved" me tuesday evening.

Sinister
12-14-2006, 11:03 AM
I've got a last exam Monday morning, after which I'll probably have weed with my friend/s. Oh, and I'm getting my own 12-beer pack when I'm 18, January 4th.

Endymion
12-14-2006, 11:12 AM
um, no celebration.

T-6005
12-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Carlo Rossi only comes in 3L bottles here :(

Vodka and white rum - although my exams don't finish until Sunday. More :(

Llamas
12-14-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm not having a true celebration... because I don't end til next week... but tonight, my friends and I are having a german movie party,haha. Saturday, I'm going to a big party at the house my friends just got, which is the first big party I'm going to since halloween (hello, death semester!). and then tuesday night, which is the night I'm done, my friends are having a small christmas type party.

Oh, and my friend, Jenny, and I have a tradition of going shopping during finals week. Since it's my last finals week at the U of M, we're going to do that for sure. :)

Mota Boy
12-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I got a call yesterday from one of my hometown friends asking if I wanted to go to a party. *insert frowny face here*

I finish up on Saturday with intermediate microeconomics and drive home Sunday. I'll probably celebrate by getting a fancy-ish dinner and seeing some local rock. But what with the long drive, the fact that I'm giving a friend a ride, me wanting to get in early to help decorate the Christmas tree and most of my friends leaving early, it shouldn't be too wild. Then again, I make bad decisions often.

JohnnyNemesis
12-14-2006, 03:18 PM
We have this thing called "Primal Scream" at the Vass. An explanation from a recent LJ entry:

Primal Scream is a tradition here, where on midnight of the official date final exams begin, everyone meets on the quad and screams at the top of their lungs, getting all that stress out among friends. As corny as it sounds, it actually works wonders too, mostly because you're doing something as silly as screaming with your buds.

Anyway, right after the screaming, there are always streakers running through the quad amongst a chorus of cheers and clapping hands and stuff, further fostering community, etc. Then, the Barefoot Monkeys, our campus circus-troupe perform a naked fire show, and we all just giggle and enjoy, etc.

Yeah, so that happened yesterday. I finished a 53.5 page short story for an Independent Creative Writing course I'm taking on Tuesday, a 15 pager Religion paper yesterday, and I have one in-class final tomorrow. After that, it's one more English paper and I'm outta here. Truth be told, this is the least work I've ever had to do around finals week since I got to this school.

sKratch
12-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Well on the way to drunk before 8:00 pm:
Priceless.

Thank you all for your participation. It's going to be a good night.

Isolated Fury
12-14-2006, 05:42 PM
I have five papers due by 11am tomorrow. The only celebration I'm going to have is sleep.

Bazza
12-14-2006, 08:42 PM
I finish uni tomorrow, but I'm having a late night poker/drinking session tonight. I'll be celebrating tomorrow by driving home, fun!

Well late night poker has finished (it's 4:40am here!) I lost, and in desperate need of sleep.

Isolated Fury
12-14-2006, 11:42 PM
I love how everyone is celebrating while I'm still here will 3 papers to finish.

T-6005
12-14-2006, 11:54 PM
I love how I'm celebrating with 2 exams to go.

BTW - I'm considering having anal for the first time tonight. Any recommendations?

Paint_It_Black
12-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Giving or receiving?

And was that question aimed specifically at Isolated Fury? If so, I love it.

I wouldn't recommend it personally. An ass was designed for shitting out of and it does this well. A vagina was designed to have a dick stuck in it, and it does this well. I see no need for mix and match here. It just does not feel as good, and, let's face it, it's pretty gross.

Isolated Fury
12-15-2006, 01:41 AM
As soon as I read the post I almost linked the thread. But, Richard, you took care of it enough.

HeadAroundU
12-15-2006, 02:21 AM
lololol

Shitloads of exams to go so no celebrations for me.

Bazza
12-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Yeah, I've got four exams at the end of january, but at the moment I'm pushing that to the back of my mind!

Isolated Fury
12-15-2006, 03:23 AM
One paper left to do! Whoo!

The saga of Andy's rush through academics is coming to a close.

sKratch
12-15-2006, 07:42 AM
The truly beautiful thing about last night is I passed out shortly after 1:00am so I'm already up well before 11 and I've also gotten a good amount of sleep. Wowzers.

wheelchairman
12-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Well I'm going to Canada and plan on filling my body with mind altering substances (but I'm not filling my mind with body altering substances.)

Italia311
12-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Last exam today.........yayuh! I despise economics.

ninthlayer
12-15-2006, 04:35 PM
I celebrated RickyCrack being back in town after his last final by having him serve me free drinks and food at his place of employment.

Finals serve as an ending of sorts to my hiatus, as I'll be re-taking a course (which I was too drunk to get a decent grade in the first time around) in preparation of my transfer to a new school.

sKratch
12-19-2006, 11:56 AM
I'll forever cherish that note he wrote to me on a bar tab...

Rag Doll
12-19-2006, 02:49 PM
I'll forever cherish that note he wrote to me on a bar tab...

I found that thing in my purse on Saturday night, which Josh can verify. I guess I just want to have a piece of RickyCrack with me at all times. <3333