PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Rod (Word meanings)

Camilamazed
12-15-2006, 02:08 PM
I have already googled it and I know what is. But is there another meaning (in the song) for lightning rod?

What about

"I'm waning
Like a single bloom
Lost forever in the storm of life"

1)Does waning mean losing life?

2) Does this verse show "Loneliness"?

Thank you!

adombomb222
12-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Wane- to decrease in strength, intensity, etc.: Daylight waned, and night came on. Her enthusiasm for the cause is waning.

In contrast with the rest of the verse, lets replace the words to simplify the verse.

Im losing strength
Like a single boom
Lost forever in the storm of life

Id say this is a suicidal song, contemplating death. [He] is losing his strength to go on, so like a single boom (Take in a count the rest of the song. The fact that he is on a mountain waiting for lighting to strike him.) He will be lost in the storm of life, symbolic, the storm of life could be the confusion of life, and just as well could signal loneliness.

JohnnyNemesis
12-15-2006, 05:09 PM
I'll discuss the song more a little later. I just want to tell everyone who's gonna complain about this thread to SHUT THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!!!

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
12-15-2006, 06:42 PM
This is kind of irrelevant, but hey

Original Prankster lyrics say

'Son of Sam'

And a band signed up to Nitro is called Son of Sam :)

(I was wondering who Son of Sam was, i was gonna ask here, but then i google image searched and found:

a) Some prison guy...

b) A band signed to Nitro)

Revolver-2005?
12-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Original prankster is referring to the criminal son of sam

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
12-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Gee, thanks dude, i didn't realise that... I just assumed they would refer to the band signed on Dexter's label. *sarcasm*

Great Mike
12-16-2006, 08:00 AM
A single bloom compared to the whole (the storm of life) is nothing. IMO he's realizing that he's nothing.

Revolver-2005?
12-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Gee, thanks dude, i didn't realise that... I just assumed they would refer to the band signed on Dexter's label. *sarcasm*

I didn't see you were asking who he was, don't be an asshole about it.

Here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son_of_sam

Camilamazed
12-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Thank you adombom, Johnny and Great Mike.

:)
I found what I wanted:

Lightning rod.

2. a person or thing that attracts and absorbs powerful and esp. negative or hostile feelings, opinions, etc., thereby diverting such feelings from other targets: The unpopular supervisor served as a lightning rod for the criticism that should have been aimed at management.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
12-18-2006, 04:15 PM
i was reading this topic, and its so interesnt really cool to know about some words in the song... i asked those words on a another forum, and they answer something like here was answered

NMHFBD
12-27-2006, 06:07 AM
"My intentions
Like a sweeter room
Only bring to me a fading light"

i always wondered what does sweeter room mean?

Camilamazed
12-28-2006, 04:12 PM
"My intentions
Like a sweeter room
Only bring to me a fading light"

i always wondered what does sweeter room mean?

It's a calm place (I think).