PDA

View Full Version : Chestnuts!

Italia311
12-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Roasted chestnuts....ahhh La Castagna...Anyone here eat these? Roasted chestnuts...they're so good..mmm tastey! Do you season them or make them I special way? I just do them normal...so tastey

Paint_It_Black
12-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I like them. Oh, and learn to spell.

Italia311
12-15-2006, 11:09 PM
please point out my mistakes I want to learn

Paint_It_Black
12-16-2006, 12:47 AM
Ah, it just occurred to me that english probably isn't your first language. Sorry.

Anyway, it's "tasty".

And on-topic, I used to make them with my parents. We'd usually have a fire most days around this time of year, unless it was just too warm still. We'd gather round it in the living room and set the chestnuts on a metal plate over the fire. Suddenly I'm hungry and nostalgic.

If I was feeling lazy or just impatient I'd sometimes make them in the microwave, though of course it's not as good.

HornyPope
12-16-2006, 01:10 AM
They sell them in a few stands here, it's really great. Otherwise we just boil them in hot water and peal off the skin. Mmmm...

Duskygrin
12-16-2006, 03:37 AM
Oh, the smell of roasted chestnuts is delightful!!! *claps hands joyfully* It makes you salivate at once, it's such a treat! But I never tasted any... I don't know why, they're so common, I could have since a babe! Promise, I'll redeem myself very soon. Thank you!