PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Seeds

Lodat225
12-15-2006, 06:19 PM
I fucking love them. I even eat the little shell sometimes, it's so good. Does anybody here like them?

Llamas
12-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Yes! How do you season them? I think they are best with seasoning salt. Plain salt just doesn't do the trick. But seriously, there is nothing like taking fresh seeds from a pumpkin, cooking them in oil and salt, and throwing them down while they're still hot. OMGSEX.

PS what do you mean by "little shell"? There's only one shell I can think of, and you're not supposed to remove it.

Lodat225
12-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah!!! I don't like them with plain salt. I do the same thing- i cook them with salt... not with oil... is it better with oil?

Lodat225
12-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Yes! How do you season them? I think they are best with seasoning salt. Plain salt just doesn't do the trick. But seriously, there is nothing like taking fresh seeds from a pumpkin, cooking them in oil and salt, and throwing them down while they're still hot. OMGSEX.

PS what do you mean by "little shell"? There's only one shell I can think of, and you're not supposed to remove it.

No, i was talking about the 2 kinds.

The ones i cook there isn't a shell, but the manufactured one (not as good as the cooked ones) have a salted shell thingy- blah.

Llamas
12-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Yeah!!! I don't like them with plain salt. I do the same thing- i cook them with salt... not with oil... is it better with oil?

I use oil and seasoning salt. You take a pan, put aluminum foil covering it, put a very thin coating of oil down, put a thicker layer of seasoning salt down, lay the seeds all over the tray, and then swirl the tray around/ slide the seeds around to get as much oil and salt on them as possible. So good!

No, i was talking about the 2 kinds.

The ones i cook there isn't a shell, but the manufactured one (not as good as the cooked ones) have a salted shell thingy- blah.
The kinds you buy in the store are the same as the ones you cook... they just have a way of making the shell harder and saltier in the store. Unless you have some really fucked up shit where you are that I've never seen, haha.

Lodat225
12-15-2006, 06:30 PM
I use oil and seasoning salt. You take a pan, put aluminum foil covering it, put a very thin coating of oil down, put a thicker layer of seasoning salt down, lay the seeds all over the tray, and then swirl the tray around/ slide the seeds around to get as much oil and salt on them as possible. So good!

Nice, i got to try that.

The kinds you buy in the store are the same as the ones you cook... they just have a way of making the shell harder and saltier in the store. Unless you have some really fucked up shit where you are that I've never seen, haha.

Yeah, they taste way different than the ones i cook... some times (the ones at the store) taste sweet- yuck.

They're so expensive too they're 6.35 per lb.