PDA

View Full Version : I Want You!

Llamas
12-16-2006, 05:40 AM
Could be one of a number of bands... I'm talking about Savage Garden. I feel like they're almost a guilty pleasure, but GOD they have some amazing songs. Gunning Down Romance, Break me Shake me, Carry on Dancing... oh man!

I can't stand Darren Hayes' solo work, though. Sucky. Oh, and lol at all the love songs he wrote about women for Savage Garden, and now he's homoed up in Australia.

Still, I love Savage Garden... haha.

Paint_It_Black
12-16-2006, 06:29 AM
Man, am I disappointed. I was sure this thread was going to be for me.

Llamas
12-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Maybe Savage Garden wants you. But I sure don't! *burn*. Back on topic!

Paint_It_Black
12-16-2006, 06:38 AM
Back on topic? Back to talking to yourself then! *burn right back atcha*

Venom Symbiote
12-16-2006, 06:00 PM
No! No!

Doom is coming straight for you. Seriously. No. Bad. Bad Llamas, bad. Bad. Evil.

:( I'm frowning pretty intensely here. Worry lines imprinting themselves permanently on my forehead, hairline receding with stress.

Lyk, ZOMG homes! :eek:

Savage frickin' Garden? Eek. Oop. Belch.

I don't even understand how that can be a pleasure, even a guilty one. Seriously the most embarassing thing to ever come out of my city, ashamed to the extreme.

How the fuck did those guys ever break the international market? Goddamn.

And you have the nerve to say Reel Big Fish suck.

[/rant]

Llamas
12-16-2006, 06:08 PM
First of all, Darren Hayes has an incredible voice.
Second of all, a lot of their songs have jazz or funk beats to them (none of their singles, though).

They've got some really powerful songs... their singles have tended to suck (though I like "I Want You"), but they've got a lot more than the slow-predictable-love-ballads.

And regardless of which band someone likes better, Savage Garden did have more musical talent than Reel Big Fish.

Venom Symbiote
12-16-2006, 06:11 PM
"I wanna stand with you on a mountaaain, I wanna bathe with you in the seaaa..."

Fuck those metro morons.

Seriously, sorry I'm being a prick, but I had to listen to those clowns way too much on the radio as a kid. They were like the big thing among 12 year old girls for a good portion of my youth, dominating the music at school dances and parties and other elementary school shit. Oh, I shouldn't say just the girls, either, although obviously they were the major audience - Britney types. This shit was the cool stuff to listen to among the guys for a while. The jocks ridiculing those sane kids of us in this country listening to The Living End's first album, because Savage Garden was just so much cooler.

The airplay got too much.

As did his closet-homo whining.

The guitar/piano fella I guess had a knack for writing accessible pop tunes. The singer guy though? Nope. Nada. Death.

Llamas
12-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Great response, after I just got through saying that their singles, minus "I Want You", are pretty lame. I never claimed that that song is even remotely good.

Venom Symbiote
12-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Written by the same guy. I dismiss them quite quickly after that track pops up in my memory.

Llamas
12-16-2006, 06:27 PM
...and Gwen Stefani penned Hollaback Girl... man, fuck No Doubt! All their music sucks because she wrote that song.

Venom Symbiote
12-16-2006, 06:35 PM
All of No Doubt's post-Saturn material does suck.

And Stefani didn't write a whole lot of the early stuff anyway. So yeah, your statement's pretty-much right. Stefani without someone else there to make sure she doesn't fuck up, does suck as a songwriter.

The logic works.

Llamas
12-16-2006, 06:42 PM
she wrote the song "tragic kingdom" by herself, and that's a good song. Oh, and Gwen didn't write a lot of the stuff on her solo album. Good job knowing what you're talking about.

Jakebert
12-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Venom, I know I've been ragging on so many posts of yours that it's getting annoying even to me, but seriously, stop it with the "OMG IM SO OFFENSIVE AND CONDESCENDING THEREFORE I'M SMARTER THAN YOU!!!" in every goddamned thread. I don't like a lot of the bands talked about on here, including Savage Garden, but I don't feel the need to post nothing but stupid rants about how much I dislike them in every thread.

JohnnyNemesis
12-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah, an uncritical look at the BBS may make it SEEM like abrasive = intelligent and respected, but that's not the case at all. Abrasiveness is usually a result of the intelligence, not a substitute for it.

The act just falls flat on its pathetic fucking face when you're...um, y'know...not smart.

H1T_That
12-19-2006, 11:40 AM
No! No!

Doom is coming straight for you. Seriously. No. Bad. Bad Llamas, bad. Bad. Evil.

:( I'm frowning pretty intensely here. Worry lines imprinting themselves permanently on my forehead, hairline receding with stress.

Lyk, ZOMG homes! :eek:

Savage frickin' Garden? Eek. Oop. Belch.

I don't even understand how that can be a pleasure, even a guilty one. Seriously the most embarassing thing to ever come out of my city, ashamed to the extreme.

How the fuck did those guys ever break the international market? Goddamn.

And you have the nerve to say Reel Big Fish suck.

[/rant]

Jesus, You need to learn about opinions.

Tizzalicious
12-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Do you like every band I like? I love them!

Omni
12-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Ef Savage Garden, man. Soundgarden 4 LyFe.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Do you like every band I like? I love them!
We're a match made in Heaven. :-* <3

Ef Savage Garden, man. Soundgarden 4 LyFe.

Both bands are wonderful!

H1T_That
12-19-2006, 12:45 PM
I read Savage Garden and Soundgarden as the same band there, until Bri pointed it out.

Venom Symbiote
12-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Soundgarden, now there's some tunes.

It's not really possible to like both. It'd break the fabric of our very existence.