PDA

View Full Version : A Marketing Synopsis I wrote for high school

wheelchairman
12-16-2006, 02:51 PM
I had come home from a night drinking. And realized to graduate I would need to write a marketing report. And to do that, I would need to write this synopsis first. And to do that I would have to write Phil's (Khaaan) as well because he was a lazy fuck ass.

I'm gonna repost the one I did for Phil. Because I wrote it second, and after finishing mine I just wanted sleep. So here it is. I highlight the best parts.

Gubi : Marketing Synopsis
By Phillip Klarskov-Jensen

Choice of Company: Gubi
The most attractive reason for choosing this company, is the very similar audio reflex that the name of this company has, to a certain part of female anatomy (booby.) Itís an interesting angle from which to name their company and the name of the company is most certainly a well thought-out idea, marketing wise. The company was chosen based on how much attention it has gotten in the press.

Gubi is a design-engineering company. That mostly works with chairs, office furniture, and the like. They have won many awards for their innovative designs, and are now on display at many of the artsy museums of New York and around Europe.

Particularly the focus they have put into penetrating the American market very deeply is what I would like to write about. The penetration was so thorough that they are firmly stuck in their place inside this market. Itís quite clear that this company is going to need to focus a lot of time and money here to make the venture a success.

Choice Market: United States
Gubi like the Gobi, is all the rage in intellectual circles in New York (albeit one for Design and aesthetic reasons, and the other for paleontological and paleobotanical reasons). This being said, Dinosaurs are really neat, so I can highly recommend a trip to the Museum of Natural History. Should you stop by, then you are only one block away from a museum that is showcasing the final products of Gubi A/S. And that is their furniture and design. Design students are moving in masses towards this new phenomen in the aesthetic world and itís soon time that the rest of New York will catch on (and seems to already have.)

Choice Theory: Uppsalla
My theory of choice is the Uppsalla model. I think it would be of most interesting results to see the possibilities that we might find, with the application of this theory. The main idea being that we can get a clearer view of the company and hopefully get a little inside the head of this company and see exactly what makes them tick.

Descriptive Part
Here is where I will discuss the current situation of the company, and what problems are facing it today. The descriptive part will be done on a basis of the work made in the Choice Theory section of the report, and then in tandem with the Boston Model will be made to give an overall view of the history of the company.

Analytical Part
It will be necessary to be very anal when it comes to the research of this part, we will need to penetrate into the annals of history to find our gold. But the analytical section will be based on the results of previous two sections and what trajectory and conclusions one can draw about what the company is likely to do next.

Perspective Part
This will be the conclusive section of the report. The consequences of all actions made, good and bad will be summed up here, also the consequences one can guess of what will happen with regards to the planned actions to be taken by the company.

Izie
12-16-2006, 02:56 PM
I have to admit, reading this was quite entertaining. Although I'm high. And hungry. So we'll see how funny it REALLY is when I'm fine again.

I believe my favourite part were the dinosaurs. I'mma get you one for Christmas.

PS when exactly are you landing Tuesday?

wheelchairman
12-16-2006, 02:57 PM
Yay! Dinosaurs!

I wish I was high. Soon though.

Phillip will be high in a week too. Yay!

At 21.00 I think. I will email you tomorrow.

T-6005
12-16-2006, 04:06 PM
I can't believe Per's getting to Canada on Tuesday. I'm leaving then.

Even if it's nowhere near.

wheelchairman
12-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Per *and* Tizz. Way to be a ditching fag.

Llamas
12-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Where in Canada are you guys going?? you should go to Winnepeg! Minnesota shares a border with the Manitoba and Ontario provinces.

Endymion
12-16-2006, 04:46 PM
needs more comma.

Tired_Of_You
12-16-2006, 04:56 PM
It's not a good idea to go to Canada. Mostly Montreal... what a horrible and boring city. Winnipeg is even worse, though. :p

wheelchairman
12-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Ilovellamas, Well I'll be in Ontario. Sorry.

Endy, I was drunk. And I suck at commas...in case you haven't noticed.

Another good quote from the actual report.

If you ever visit the Guggenheim, and your legs start feeling pretty tired, you might want to take a seat. And you would notice, that this seat is extremely comfortable. Like how you imagine sitting on Jesus would feel like. And this is because all the furniture of the Guggenheim was designed by GUBI A/S.

Llamas
12-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Is Ontario a city? Or just the province?

T-6005
12-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Ilovellamas, Well I'll be in Ontario. Sorry.

You son of a bitch. I can't believe this. It's not fair. Tizz too, obviously. Not fair.

wheelchairman
12-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Lol actually I'll be in Quebec. Mistake on my part, your country all sounds alike to me.

T-6005
12-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Hardly my country.

Tizzalicious
12-17-2006, 12:05 AM
Per *and* Tizz. Way to be a ditching fag.

Actually, he was right, I won't be there on tuesday :(

*hits head against wall*

ninthlayer
12-17-2006, 12:48 AM
You guys are cunts. Crossing the Atlantic and not seeing me? Cunts. Both of you.

Llamas
12-17-2006, 12:50 AM
You guys are cunts. Crossing the Atlantic and not seeing me? Cunts. Both of you.

I second this.

and wtf ninth. you live on this die of the altantic and you dont fisit me :( wtf?

ninthlayer
12-17-2006, 12:51 AM
Do I look like Tom Petty? Didn't think so, because this nigger doesn't travel.

Llamas
12-17-2006, 12:53 AM
h8 for u. :( h8.

ninthlayer
12-17-2006, 12:55 AM
I told yo' ass that I'll be in Minnesota in March and you're like "Lolololololo, I won't be!"

Bad form on your part, not mine.

Llamas
12-17-2006, 12:56 AM
whtever come in ajnurary!

wheelchairman
12-17-2006, 03:11 AM
Thi, sure it is you French bastard.

Sean, you're a bad kisser. move on.

ninthlayer
12-17-2006, 04:38 AM
Oh Periwinkle, I suppose you think that you're stellar in that arena?

wheelchairman
12-17-2006, 04:53 AM
Oh Periwinkle, I suppose you think that you're stellar in that arena?

Well unlike people who went to American schools, our teachers actually read our papers. :(

the_GoDdEsS
12-17-2006, 04:58 AM
Teachers not reading essays is about as bad as students c/p-ing essays from books or online articles and not even reading them before submitting.

wheelchairman
12-17-2006, 05:00 AM
Teachers not reading essays is about as bad as students c/p-ing essays from books or online articles and not even reading them before submitting.

We had a Lithuanian student do that over here. And she tried to claim it was part of her culture. We lol'ed.

Seriously though, how incompetent must you be to not be able to write a short background about your own country and then apply a theory that we learned *in class*.

Llamas
12-17-2006, 05:04 AM
We had a Lithuanian student do that over here. And she tried to claim it was part of her culture. We lol'ed.

Seriously though, how incompetent must you be to not be able to write a short background about your own country and then apply a theory that we learned *in class*.

I dunno anything about Lithuanians... but I know that in some culture, it is actually considered normal to copy. Like, if people are taking an exam, and someone looks over at your test, you're supposed to allow them to look. I wish I remembered which culture that was. :( Point being, it could be that in other cultures, plaigarism isn't looked at as horrible.

wheelchairman
12-17-2006, 05:06 AM
I dunno anything about Lithuanians... but I know that in some culture, it is actually considered normal to copy. Like, if people are taking an exam, and someone looks over at your test, you're supposed to allow them to look. I wish I remembered which culture that was. :( Point being, it could be that in other cultures, plaigarism isn't looked at as horrible.

Yes, and we being the ever tolerant and understanding liberal Danes, have decided to throw them out.

Christ we have a machine to find plagiarism. We were warned 1000 times not to c/p with threat of expulsion.

And yet people are just idiots.

the_GoDdEsS
12-17-2006, 05:07 AM
Whoa, you'd get lynched for looking at somebody's test here.

Llamas
12-17-2006, 05:18 AM
Yes, and we being the ever tolerant and understanding liberal Danes, have decided to throw them out.

Christ we have a machine to find plagiarism. We were warned 1000 times not to c/p with threat of expulsion.

And yet people are just idiots.

Ah, a lot of teachers/profs in the US do a poor job of explaining how wrong plagiarism is. But if they've been warned repeatedly, then that's just complete bullshit.

Whoa, you'd get lynched for looking at somebody's test here.
It's pretty bad here. If you're caught here, you'll fail the paper. Some profs will just have you rewrite it, though. I think the country with the fucked up rules on tests was Georgia... I should not be quoted on that, though.

ninthlayer
12-17-2006, 05:25 AM
Well unlike people who went to American schools, our teachers actually read our papers. :(
Uh, I was talking about you being a worse kisser than me.

And only one of my papers was ever graded without the teacher reading it. Plus I talked out the paper to him so he'd know the content. Blow.

wheelchairman
12-17-2006, 05:34 AM
Uh, I was talking about you being a worse kisser than me.

And only one of my papers was ever graded without the teacher reading it. Plus I talked out the paper to him so he'd know the content. Blow.

Yes my kissing is stellar. It inspired the Incubus song (sure that's no accomplishment) but the only song your kissing inspired was probably horrible.

ninthlayer
12-17-2006, 05:41 AM
Yes my kissing is stellar. It inspired the Incubus song (sure that's no accomplishment) but the only song your kissing inspired was probably horrible.

That would be Hotel California.

wheelchairman
12-17-2006, 05:48 AM
That would be Hotel California.

I was thinking more like that one song "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me!"

Llamas
12-17-2006, 05:50 AM
I wish my girlfriend was hot like Per. :(

Duskygrin
12-17-2006, 07:05 AM
Ouh-ell, I don't think I'll write that sort of essay for my marketing exam. *shivers* nice to read, I don't say, but...

Tizzalicious
12-17-2006, 08:03 AM
I wish my girlfriend was hot like Per. :(

Aaah we can't all be that lucky!

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Analytical Part
It will be necessary to be very anal when it comes to the research of this part, we will need to penetrate into the annals of history to find our gold.

Can't breathe.