PDA

View Full Version : Lost Riff?

Silence
12-17-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm sure you have all seen the Splinter making-of video where Dexter plays a couple of the guitar sections for Can't Get My Head Around You. After he plays the first two parts, there is a beautiful bass riff. Does anyone know if anything happened with that or if there is a complete version or song? ...or was it just an idea that got lost while recording the album.

Venom Symbiote
12-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Newbie newbatron.

Llamas
12-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Newbie newbatron.

I don't get why you post shit like this if you aren't trying to be funny. Because it's not funny, it's not informative, it's not mean, it doesn't make you look smart or special. It's purely mindless dribble that nobody cares about.

Venom Symbiote
12-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Yeah, so it posting shit like "zomg what's teh riff in the "CGMHAY" demo video?!?!".

Nobody cares about that, because anyone worth anything already knows it.

Post pointless shit, get pointless shit replies.

Llamas
12-17-2006, 08:49 PM
He wasn't telling people about it. He didn't know it so he asked. When I joined this board, I didn't know what it was, either. Fortunately, people were currently talking about, so I found out quickly. It was a harmless question, and just because he didn't know the answer doesn't mean that his post was stupid or pointless. So you posted stupid pointless shit to a guy who was asking a simple question, and not beint an ass about it. He even typed relatively well and such.

Venom Symbiote
12-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah, well, whatever. Not my problem.

Llamas
12-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Hmm I'd say you do have a problem, in fact, with posting stupid pointless shit for no reason. Also you have a problem with thinking you're funny or smart. And when people call you out on your shit, you either stop posting in the thread or give some "whatever" cop out.

zacsta
12-17-2006, 09:03 PM
goddamit its not 8sec or 5sec, its like 20 something.

Camilamazed
12-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Hmm I'd say you do have a problem, in fact, with posting stupid pointless shit for no reason. Also you have a problem with thinking you're funny or smart. And when people call you out on your shit, you either stop posting in the thread or give some "whatever" cop out.

Amen.

Bad it'll never stop.

Silence
12-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Well, thanks very much to dirtymagic92 for answering my question.

And Venom Symbiote, please grow up and get a life. I suppose I didn't know the answer because I've been busy living mine...

Venom Symbiote
12-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Le sigh. God forbid someone says something contrary to popular beliefs.

I mean, come on. I'm not intentionally sounding like a prick, but this thread has been made like...20 times this year. No exaggeration.

It's not your fault, but if you're the one posting the latest iteration, expect it to be taken out on you.

Llamas
12-17-2006, 10:12 PM
What did you expect him to do? He didn't know the title of it, so he couldn't search for "pass me by". That's the only search he could've done that would've helped. And it's not like he's going to filter through 100s of pages to find something that he doesn't even know what to look for. What did you honestly expect him to do? Asking questions that have been asked before only deserve insults when they're things like "when is the new album coming out?" or "who drummed on "can't repeat"?"

there was nothign dumb or annoying about this thread. So stfu because the only annoying thing about this thread is you.

Venom Symbiote
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM
*bows*

And I just got pwnedz. :o Guess I'd better just leave with a dignified "yo momma" or some such.

Dexter_italy
12-18-2006, 02:29 AM
anyway.....that's not a bass riff. it's a guitar riff. And it's the only preview about the new album that we have!!!
________
Mary Jane (http://maryjanes.info/)

Hypodermic_89
12-18-2006, 07:47 AM
I love everyone. <3

Little_Miss_1565
12-18-2006, 07:59 AM
there was nothign dumb or annoying about this thread. So stfu because the only annoying thing about this thread is you.

No, there was nothing dumb or annoying about this thread, until you completely derailed it by harping on the stupid but completely predictable reply of Venom's. Just let it the hell go. Here and in every thread.

German Andres
12-18-2006, 10:53 AM
goddamit its not 8sec or 5sec, its like 20 something.

I`ve 23 seconds, actually. But the first 8 are only drums. Does anyone knows what are the notes played?
The first one is sort of a Bb, then it goes to an Ab. Then????

Amiralanal
12-18-2006, 10:53 AM
you are all assholes

Springator
12-18-2006, 02:39 PM
...it doesn't make you look smart or special. It's purely mindless dribble that nobody cares about.

You have a BIG problems my friend...just because you think that's good to look "smart or special".And please don't use absolute words like "nobody","everybody".You can't be sure in everybody's minds and cares so you are just talking bullshit and trying to show it as a voice of community.
There is a very good russian phrase "pustoi chelovek", that means "an empty man"...I think that's a very appropriate word for you.That's my subjective opinion.

damn...I "look so smart and special" :D ...

ZagmenO
12-18-2006, 03:33 PM
That's exactly the kinda shit llamas used on me when I referred to "The Offspring" as "The 'Spring!" "Smart or special blah blah blah!!!!" She likes to act all better than everyone by being all condescending and shit!

XYlophonetreeZ
12-18-2006, 03:56 PM
No, there was nothing dumb or annoying about this thread, until you completely derailed it by harping on the stupid but completely predictable reply of Venom's. Just let it the hell go. Here and in every thread.
This thread had no other place to go. The thread starter got the question answered, so if there's any place to stop Venom's idiotic replies in their tracks, this is a better than average place to do that. Wouldn't you say so?

Llamas
12-18-2006, 07:19 PM
You have a BIG problems my friend...just because you think that's good to look "smart or special".And please don't use absolute words like "nobody","everybody".You can't be sure in everybody's minds and cares so you are just talking bullshit and trying to show it as a voice of community.
There is a very good russian phrase "pustoi chelovek", that means "an empty man"...I think that's a very appropriate word for you.That's my subjective opinion.

damn...I "look so smart and special" :D ...

1. I never said it is good to look "smart or special". I didn't even imply it.

2. "Everybody", in general conversational context, does not necessarily mean that I believe that EVERY SINGLE PERSON HERE agrees with me. It's just a lot easier than saying "for the most part, generally most people". "Everyone" or "no one" is a lot easier. And people can make their own decisions and figure out whether or not I really believe that every single person here would ever share the exact same opinion.

3. I'm not a man, so I'm pretty positive your Russian phrase doesn't work for me.

Little_Miss_1565
12-18-2006, 07:32 PM
The thread starter got the question answered, so if there's any place to stop Venom's idiotic replies in their tracks, this is a better than average place to do that. Wouldn't you say so?

No, I would not say so. Unless, of course, you're a big fan of exercises in futility.

Bottom line, let Tijs and I delete when trolling/insults get out of hand, and don't leave us more to delete by trying to reason with the unreasonable.

adombomb222
12-18-2006, 07:36 PM
2. "Everybody", in general conversational context, does not necessarily mean that I believe that EVERY SINGLE PERSON HERE agrees with me. It's just a lot easier than saying "for the most part, generally most people". "Everyone" or "no one" is a lot easier. And people can make their own decisions and figure out whether or not I really believe that every single person here would ever share the exact same opinion.

She's correct, the basic consensus of the BBS it that Venom is excessively annoying.

Apathy
12-18-2006, 07:36 PM
I think someone pointed this out already, but I may just be imagining it. It is not a bass riff, it's just a non-distorted guitar if I remember correctly. The idea that Greg would play something audible nowadays is also very funny.

This is an entirely different topic, but Tijs/1565 seem to delete very sporadically. you'll delete responses to posts that are perfectly legible but leave the idiotic off-topic posts that spawned them.
I'm not really complaining, because I'd rather just have them both gone, just a point.

Little_Miss_1565
12-18-2006, 07:46 PM
She's correct, the basic consensus of the BBS it that Venom is excessively annoying.

And I agree with you. But until we get to ban people just for being "excessively annoying," he stays.

This is an entirely different topic, but Tijs/1565 seem to delete very sporadically. you'll delete responses to posts that are perfectly legible but leave the idiotic off-topic posts that spawned them.
I'm not really complaining, because I'd rather just have them both gone, just a point.

PM me with examples if you really want to talk about this, and I'll make a new topic, because me replying twice about this is too much (meaning any more discussion of this here will be deleted). Tijs and I try to be as hands-off as possible, but we delete anywhere from 5-50 posts per week from the new album thread. In general can't expect everyone to be 100% on the topic listed in the subject line, so we'll prune back to where the derailment happened and just remove the derailment.

hallandtake
12-18-2006, 10:26 PM
hey can som1 pm me or send me the 2osecond preview or watever my email is hoboj100@hotmail.com

XYlophonetreeZ
12-18-2006, 10:34 PM
No, I would not say so. Unless, of course, you're a big fan of exercises in futility.

Bottom line, let Tijs and I delete when trolling/insults get out of hand, and don't leave us more to delete by trying to reason with the unreasonable.

*bows*

And I just got pwnedz. :o Guess I'd better just leave with a dignified "yo momma" or some such.
This reply shows that it was neither futile nor unreasonable. Now I'm not one to scream "PWN3D!!" or anything, but llamas did a fine job on this one. And I'll give credit to Venom as well for owning up to his douchebaggery.

Venom Symbiote
12-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey, I'm a strong advocate of being open and honest when it comes to douchebaggery. :p

Llamas
12-19-2006, 12:40 AM
This reply shows that it was neither futile nor unreasonable. Now I'm not one to scream "PWN3D!!" or anything, but llamas did a fine job on this one. And I'll give credit to Venom as well for owning up to his douchebaggery.

Thanks.

I did make sure I wasn't derailing a thread that is on topic this time, because it even annoys me when it happens in something like the "new album" thread or something. I knew this thread was done with and no new conversation or information was going to come up, and I thought venom's comments were unreasonable, even more so than usual. So, I decided to say something about it. And venom did concede, which does also deserve credit.

Bottom line is that I wasn't starting a flame war or ruining a thread... I was just putting venom in his place in a time that I really felt it should be done. And it's not futile or pointless, because we all know that there are times when venom does realize he's wrong and maybe even learns from his mistakes. I think venom has something interesting to say maybe 40% of the time, and it'd be great if he can build his way up to becoming interesting much more often.

Little_Miss_1565
12-19-2006, 05:47 AM
Bottom line is that I wasn't starting a flame war or ruining a thread... I was just putting venom in his place in a time that I really felt it should be done. And it's not futile or pointless, because we all know that there are times when venom does realize he's wrong and maybe even learns from his mistakes. I think venom has something interesting to say maybe 40% of the time, and it'd be great if he can build his way up to becoming interesting much more often.

Then please take it to PM, because this forum cannot become trying to get someone to have something interesting to say 100% of the time. If every concession is going to take that many posts, it's really not worth it to me to let the board get overrun with it. XylophontreeZ, the ends do not justify the means.

Again, if you'd like to continue discussing moderation things with me, please PM me.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 05:51 AM
It wasn't me that had moderation concerns. I'm not sure who that was, but it definitely wasn't me.

The-Offspring-RuLe
12-19-2006, 10:09 AM
I`ve 23 seconds, actually. But the first 8 are only drums. Does anyone knows what are the notes played?
The first one is sort of a Bb, then it goes to an Ab. Then????

Theres a two tabs for it, i did the first one, and someone else did (ver1)

www.ultimate-guitar.com

German Andres
12-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Theres a two tabs for it, i did the first one, and someone else did (ver1)

www.ultimate-guitar.com

Thanks, man. That sounds better!

hallandtake
12-20-2006, 02:51 PM
can someone tell me where to get audio from

Floyd the Barber
12-20-2006, 07:14 PM
can someone tell me where to get audio from

If you're talking about Pass Me By, go to YouTube and search "Offspring Recording Splinter". It's on the last 30 seconds of that clip.