PDA

View Full Version : Requiem For A Dream

Overworked & Underfucked
12-18-2006, 09:44 PM
I just finished this movie and I now feel like a completely different person. This has got to be one of the most intense films I have ever seen. Anyone else seen it? Am I the only one who thinks it was almost too much to handle?

Lodat225
12-18-2006, 09:47 PM
I got to see it. It was on my list of films to see.

Little_Miss_1565
12-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Ass to ass!

Ever seen "Blue Velvet"?

Overworked & Underfucked
12-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I got to see it. It was on my list of films to see.

Yes you do! It was on my list for years.

Ever seen "Blue Velvet"?

No indeed. What's that one about?

Little_Miss_1565
12-18-2006, 10:21 PM
I'm not entirely sure, actually. There's a general story arc, sure, but David Lynch was never one for conventionality. Bottom line, if you liked this one, you might like Blue Velvet.

Overworked & Underfucked
12-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Well I will be sure to check it out on my next trip to the video store!

Izie
12-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Ass to ass!

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

ninthlayer
12-18-2006, 11:06 PM
Ass to ass!
Yes.

Oh, and Requiem for a Dream is a really good comedy. Especially when Jared Leto gets his shit wrecked.

Endymion
12-18-2006, 11:51 PM
<3 blue velvet

JohnnyNemesis
12-18-2006, 11:54 PM
I didn't see Requiem for a Dream, but I heard it was amazing. I'll watch it sometime.

I like the idea of Jared Leto feeling pain.

ninthlayer
12-18-2006, 11:58 PM
It's overrated. Jared Leto's mom goes shit crazy on pills, Leto's arm gets amputated, a Wayans ends up in jail, and Leto's girlfriend sucks black dick for drugs.

There, I just saved you two hours.

RickyCrack
12-19-2006, 12:05 AM
It's overrated. Jared Leto's mom goes shit crazy on pills, Leto's arm gets amputated, a Wayans ends up in jail, and Leto's girlfriend sucks black dick for drugs.

What's even funnier is that high-school kids take film classes just to ask their teacher about this film only to find out that all the super kewl camera tricks were just for show and add little significance towards mis-en-scene, theme, or joseph campbell's hero arc.

calichix
12-19-2006, 12:26 AM
doesn't she get railed with a double-dong at the end? um.

ninthlayer
12-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah, that's the ass-to-ass.

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 12:39 AM
Forgettable, and kinda dull from the little I do remember. Good music though.

RickyCrack
12-19-2006, 12:51 AM
I liked Pi alot more.

JoY
12-19-2006, 04:20 AM
What's even funnier is that high-school kids take film classes just to ask their teacher about this film only to find out that all the super kewl camera tricks were just for show and add little significance towards mis-en-scene, theme, or joseph campbell's hero arc.

those camera tricks worked for me.

I hate it when people try to figure out some "deeper meaning" behind a way of filming, or a simple concept that's only supposed to drag you into the film more. in the case of Requiem for a Dream the way of filming is supposed to suck you in, nothing more, nothing less, & it did that just fucking fine for me. Requiem for a Dream had no messages between the lines, it had no secrets revealed, it was just about a bunch of people, related to each other in one way or another, going to complete shit. it was a complete utter fucking nightmare.

I hate the way I can get stuck in a film, or not get stuck in a film completely. it's either one of the two, but it's always to extremes & never for once just moderately.

my opinion right after seeing the movie (mind you, I was drunk):
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showpost.php?p=776407&postcount=387

the word "overrated" is overrated. if you like it, you like it. if you love it, you fucking love it. it's not about overrating a movie, it's an opinion. if people like it, because it's generally liked & they're supposed & expected to like it to belong to a certain group & to match the masses, fine, then it's overrated.

Forgettable, and kinda dull from the little I do remember. Good music though.

very good music. added so much to every single effect. without the music I'm certain the movie would've bored me to hell & back. the details in filming (close up of the eyes, the pupils, fast forward, slowed down..) & the music entirely made this movie mention-worthy for me & worth my time. without these aspects, it would've just been individuals going to shit, without a single emotion gripping me.

I downloaded most of the music (whoever bought it is out of his freakin' mind, because it's not exactly the kind of music you listen to to relax, while hanging out with some friends, playing in the background, or whatever) & when I listened to it, even days later, the whole feeling I had during the movie creeped on me again. like nails scratching a blackboard. fucking horrible.

edit; apparently I have GOT to see Blue Velvet? will do. *notes*

Overworked & Underfucked
12-19-2006, 02:23 PM
I agree with you, Joy. The music may have been what really did it for me. Jeez, even right now I think back on certain parts of the movie and it gives me butterflies in my stomach. So disturbing. I'm definately dowloading the music now!

endlesst0m
02-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Ass to ass!

Ever seen "Blue Velvet"?

OMG. I DON"T KNOW HOW I FOUND THIS.

ASS TO ASS.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.

me and my frtiends laughed for hours habout that one. I come here and see that and you wrote it. I find it soooo funny that you think thats funny too.!

LOL ASS TO ASS! hghahahahaha!

endlesst0m
02-08-2007, 11:24 PM
that one old guy has this look in his eye like he's been planing it the whole night...its just hilarious...he says it like 8 times.

yo man, i hate that...like ive looked at other peoples posts before and im like...man they just didnt wanna edit that becuase theyre drunk., and they want an excuse to be dumb. well tonight im drunk, and i can relate to that experience. you just dont FEEL like going back to edit...its not like a "cool guy" thing... I swear.

ninthlayer
02-09-2007, 04:15 PM
I didn't see Requiem for a Dream, but I heard it was amazing. I'll watch it sometime.

I like the idea of Jared Leto feeling pain.

Thread over, don't ever bump this shit again.

SeanAshmore
02-09-2007, 04:23 PM
I have to say, if you have any empathy in you whatsoever, then requiem for a dream will have an effect on you. I love shock movies and am an avid chuck palahniuk fan (author fight club etc), so i watched it expecting it not to phase me, but i have to say that at least the last 45 minutes to an hour of that movie literally attacked my nervous system, it was exhausting in a way watching it.

Absolutely amazing movie, and leave jared leto alone, hes a good actor and his band "30 seconds to mars" have two fantastic albums.

P.S Darren Aranofsky's new movie is coming out soon (in the uk at least), "the fountain", looks excellent.

ninthlayer
02-09-2007, 04:31 PM
You're obviously a faggot with bad taste in everything.

SeanAshmore
02-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Hey, did ya ever hear the one where an offspring fan logs into an offspring forum and tells another offspring fan that he has shit taste in everything? That one always cracks me up.

ninthlayer
02-09-2007, 05:08 PM
The mistake you're making is the assumption that I'm an Offspring fan. Thanks for further elaborating upon your wretched opinions though.

SeanAshmore
02-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Yes but surely it's an understandable assumption. I mean here we are, on an offspring forum, created no doubt to promote the band. If you don't want to look like an offspring fan, don't sign up for an offspring forum. If you don't want other men to look at your 'package', stop wearing tight leotards, crazy idea, I know.

ninthlayer
02-09-2007, 05:32 PM
You're fucking retarded.

TheUnholyNightbringer
02-09-2007, 05:39 PM
If you don't want to look like an offspring fan, don't sign up for an offspring forum.

Failure alert.

We've had this discussion many times before. And sorry, us non-offspring fans always win it. Good try, though.

SeanAshmore
02-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Thank god there is someone intelligent on this board. The impression is created, it may not seem 100% logical or rational, but we are all human, well that could be argued.

ninthlayer
02-09-2007, 06:23 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/penguinfites/maria2.jpg

wheelchairman
02-09-2007, 06:32 PM
You're obviously a faggot with bad taste in everything.

Lol including names.

ninthlayer
02-09-2007, 06:40 PM
y u do dat? :(:(:(:(

JohnnyNemesis
02-09-2007, 06:43 PM
non-ninth Sean sounds like a total fuckin' moron.

ninth Sean sounds like a fag and it gets me hot.

ninthlayer
02-09-2007, 06:57 PM
My Brown Count is up to two.

SeanAshmore
02-09-2007, 08:52 PM
god, I didn't realise people could be so boring. And I come from Ireland. This is really saying something.

mrconeman
02-09-2007, 09:01 PM
god, I didn't realise people could be so boring. And I come from Ireland. This is really saying something.

Regardless of where you're from, you're coming off as inherently fucking stupid.

ninthlayer
02-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Clearly homophobic, faggot.

Sin Studly
02-09-2007, 09:44 PM
And I come from Ireland.

Mystery solved.

Ignore the sparkly-eyed bogtrotting swamp-nigger before he shows up at your house with a pig under his arm shouting "Aye and begorrah, I'll paint ye house now, but I moight just steal the ladder, wah-hey!". After all, what more is an Irish than a nigger turned inside-out?

SeanAshmore
02-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Wrong region. I don't speak anything like that.