PDA

View Full Version : The Word From Atom……

Awesome_Avril
12-19-2006, 04:26 AM
I just got home from doing a Jager shot and talking with Atom. :cool: I was able to talk to him before and after AVA’s show tonight. Before the show, I was able to ask him about who recorded Can’t Repeat and Next to You and if he will be recording on the next CD. According to Atom, Josh Freese recorded Can’t Repeat and Atom recorded Next to You. The recording of drums on the next CD is also going to be split. Josh is currently recording but Atom will be back in California tomorrow and will also be recording some of the songs. Atom said that he loves touring with the Offspring and is planning to be on the tour for the new CD. He also will be working on a new CD for AVA. He was confident that he can do both since he will be home (and both bands are based in Southern California). He said that AVA is his creative outlet because he wrote the drums for all of the songs on the first CD.

Personally, I think that he did an awesome job on the drums (both writing and performing)!! Tom DeLonge on the other hand in my opinion is an acquired taste that would take some getting used to if you really want to go there. His performance was OK.

Note to Atom (if you read this): Thanks for taking so much time to talk to me before and after the show. I really enjoyed our conversation. Also thanks for autographing my pictures from Warped Tour and London. I had a great time at the show. See ya, on Offspring Tour!!! We can do another Jager shot then, if you’re up for it!!! Happy Holidays!!!

-April

Dexter_H
12-19-2006, 04:39 AM
wowzer.

Someone's gotta fork Atom square in the eye.

Zee
12-19-2006, 06:11 AM
Nice!

That's rad, two different drummers on the new album.

Little_Miss_1565
12-19-2006, 06:36 AM
Haha, well, will ya look at that--the drum credits ARE correct. Everything seems so much more plausible than your usual "I just met (band member) and he said (something bizarre)" post. Sounds like a nice evening. Word. :)

Someone's gotta fork Atom square in the eye.

Jealous much?

Hypodermic_89
12-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Awesome if this is true.

DexterWannabe
12-19-2006, 10:37 AM
i'm sceptical

(spelled it wrong?)

ZagmenO
12-19-2006, 11:24 AM
I hope yesterday was the end of the AVA tour. I really wanna hear Atom do the drums on this new album.

Omni
12-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I hope today is the end of AVA's life.

DexterWannabe
12-19-2006, 12:06 PM
well, yes, but not Atoms :p

HeadAroundU
12-19-2006, 12:46 PM
hmmmm......interesting. Josh Freese is <3.

If you are lying, you'll go to hell!!!11

Llamas
12-19-2006, 12:51 PM
She's already going to hell for seeing AVA in concert. :p

Omni
12-19-2006, 12:58 PM
I have to say, I've only heard one AVA song on the radio, and I detested it. On the other hand, I actually liked the +44 song I heard (shame on me).

DexterWannabe
12-19-2006, 01:16 PM
shame on you!

EMehl6
12-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I guess I'm really screwed, cause I liked the whole (+44) album. I hated AVA's though, if that's any concilation.

nameless
12-19-2006, 03:53 PM
thanks for clearing that up, i sounds stupid but for some reason, certain people just wouldnt believe what they read in the album booklet as someone else pointed out!

Tijs
12-19-2006, 04:04 PM
I believe you. I've seen a lot of people meeting AVA before/after the show, I guess they don't have a problem meeting the fans. I wonder what the record will sound like with two different drummers.

I guess I'm really screwed, cause I liked the whole (+44) album. I hated AVA's though, if that's any concilation.As do I, I really like +44 album, and I can stand (not a typo) AVA's album. I'm seeing +44 in Amsterdam on January 19th, can't wait.

Venom Symbiote
12-19-2006, 04:41 PM
This is balls. Seriously.

Atom is in this band as the official drummer, not a studio hand. He's not filling in for anyone who's on temporary hiatus, he's the guy.

As much as I love Josh, and am thankful for him doing the Splinter sessions for the guys while they were in a bit of a crisis, this isn't cool. Granted, Atom has his little fad emo side-project thing going for the next year or two until they break up and fade into obscurity, but this is pretty un-fucking-acceptable. I'd rather they delay the album and have him lay down the tracks. Why not?

It's arguable that it'll make a difference, it'll probably meld together pretty well since (I'm assuming) their styles aren't all that different. So from a practical perspective this probably means dick-all.

It's just the principle of the thing. This is another mish-mash type of thing, different drummers. It doesn't "feel" right, as abstract and shit as that sounds.

I no rikie.

Dexter_H
12-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Jealous much?

Jealous of what? Atom's a fool. He joined the Offspring as a permanent member, and then decides to team up with the biggest 'tard in music and devotes all his time to it. It's pretty obvious that Atom feels the Offspring is sorta his side project now. The main reason for this, that I can think of, is that Atom feels the Offspring won't be together all that much longer, whereas Delonge's band may. I think it was a mistake asking Atom to join the Offspring... much to unreliable.

Venom Symbiote
12-19-2006, 05:40 PM
The main reason for this, that I can think of, is that Atom feels the Offspring won't be together all that much longer, whereas Delonge's band may.

I seriously don't think he's that utterly stupid. Heh. Any idiot can see that AVA will be around for 2 or 3 years, Blink may or may not start up again after that. But it's a fad. The emo thing dies out and something else comes in, AVA's gimmicky appeal is gone. They fail.

The Offspring might be heading towards the end of their days as a band, I'd actually agree with that. A few more albums left in them yet, but they're definitely slowing down in relevance, I can't see them still being around in another ten or fifteen years. They're not the Stones.

I don't think you should be pissed with Atom though. This isn't necessarily his fault. He's always had multiple bands, the guys knew that going in when they signed him. I'd moreso blame Dexter, Noodles, and Greg for not subsequently accommodating him and holding off for another month so we can get a coherent album with their true pretty-much-fulltime drummer instead of a patchy half-and-half mishmash of tracks.

And as for AVA, it's quick and easy money. He'd make more on a one year AVA tour than an Offspring one. I'm sure he still sees The Offspring as his focus, but knowing AVA won't be around for long but having a huge market appeal while they are, he's going to take advantage of that. Any sane person would.

DeAtHsTaR
12-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Blink may or may not start up again after that.
Actually, they're making one more album, titled "One For the Kids" and they're done. No touring.

Dexter_H
12-19-2006, 06:49 PM
I seriously don't think he's that utterly stupid. Heh. Any idiot can see that AVA will be around for 2 or 3 years, Blink may or may not start up again after that. But it's a fad. The emo thing dies out and something else comes in, AVA's gimmicky appeal is gone. They fail.

The Offspring might be heading towards the end of their days as a band, I'd actually agree with that. A few more albums left in them yet, but they're definitely slowing down in relevance, I can't see them still being around in another ten or fifteen years. They're not the Stones.

I don't think you should be pissed with Atom though. This isn't necessarily his fault. He's always had multiple bands, the guys knew that going in when they signed him. I'd moreso blame Dexter, Noodles, and Greg for not subsequently accommodating him and holding off for another month so we can get a coherent album with their true pretty-much-fulltime drummer instead of a patchy half-and-half mishmash of tracks.

And as for AVA, it's quick and easy money. He'd make more on a one year AVA tour than an Offspring one. I'm sure he still sees The Offspring as his focus, but knowing AVA won't be around for long but having a huge market appeal while they are, he's going to take advantage of that. Any sane person would.

In all honesty, ava has failed. They were supposed to be some original supergroup that would take the world by storm, but it's just generic filth, resulting in a 45 minute long song. I can see why he joined them to start with though, being supposedly the "best band in the world" or whatever, as well as getting all the blink-182 f4gs buying the album. Like you said, unless he's completely brain dead, he could only be with them to take advantage of the fad (there's still the chance that he's utterly stupid though....)

Camilamazed
12-19-2006, 07:43 PM
It doesn't matter Atom has other projects as long as it doesn't cause any trouble to the Offspring.

Josh would tour with the band. I'd see no problem in that.

Omni
12-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Eh, at this point, I'm tired of arguing about him. Know what? AVA can keep him.

Camilamazed
12-19-2006, 07:48 PM
I don't give a shit about AVA. People are too much worried about what Atom might or might not do. They'll let us know if something changes.

Little_Miss_1565
12-19-2006, 08:00 PM
First, Venom's sizing up of the situation is totally spot-on.

Second, look at Soundscan. You guys may not care about AvA, but the numbers put their album up there already with Splinter's sales *to date*. The Offspring aren't going to tour the arenas that AvA is right now. This is a huge, amazing opportunity for Atom right now, and shitting on it is a pretty fucked up thing to be doing.

I really don't get why so many people on this forum get so worked up over ANYTHING that could impede on the Offspring--hating on Green Day because they're the only other pop-punk band of the same stature, who first hit it big at the same time 12 years ago, hating on Atom for doing what anyone else in his position would do. He's not making the royalties that Dexter especially and probably Noodles and Greg make on the Offspring. Just like everyone else, I'm sure he's got bills to pay. Besides, we all know Dexter does ALL the writing for the Offspring, and Atom got to write all the drums and percussion on the AvA album. Writing means publishing rights, and publishing rights means he gets paid on every copy of the album sold, every time that song gets played in public, and at the end of the year, from licensing rights for radio. This is a brilliant investment for him to ensure that he's going to have a pretty rad income coming in for a long time.

Camilamazed
12-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah. I agree with what you say although I still don't cara about AVA.

Atom, of course, is right. If he wants to work with 8754875 bands he can. It's his life. That's all.

EMehl6
12-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Actually, they're making one more album, titled "One For the Kids" and they're done. No touring.

As much as I wish that were true, it isn't :(

Yes, I like blink.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 08:22 PM
I agree with most of this, but a couple things.

It's arguable that it'll make a difference, it'll probably meld together pretty well since (I'm assuming) their styles aren't all that different.
Their personal styles are VERY different, actually. The thing that will keep it from being obviously split between two drummers is that Dexter will write the drum parts himself, so they'll sound the same as usual.

AVA probably won't fade as fast as you think.

On a side note, I really hope the new album will list who drummed on which tracks. Usually they just do this whole "All songs written and performed by the Offspring". They even did that with Splinter, even though Josh wasn't in the band. I wonder how they'll divide it up in the booklet.

jacknife737
12-19-2006, 08:24 PM
This is really interesting news, although i wouldn't mind hearing a whole album's worth of Atom's drumming, i'll live.

Ninty Man
12-19-2006, 08:48 PM
MMM... Maybe... the only thing we can do is see how Offspring dies slowly

Venom Symbiote
12-19-2006, 08:49 PM
If there are two distinctly different drummers, they'll list it in the booklet. They did with Greatest Hits. So we'll know who did what.

It still pisses me off though. I like Atom. Atom fits the band well.

Josh is awesome, but Josh isn't in The Offspring. Josh helped them out on short notice when Ron raised the finger and said a great big "toodle-oo".

What's the excuse here? Why aren't they happy for Atom to be touring (which he's almost finished doing) and accomodate him as such? What's the rush to get the album out?

I'm sure if all the stuff is written, someone like Atom could learn and track the material in a matter of a week or so.

So why bring in Josh again? It was a cool gesture for him to be on Splinter, but there's no fucking reason for him to be now.

Atom should be on the album. Not partially, not half. Atom should be the drummer on this record, in exactly the same fashion Ron was from S/T to Conspiracy Of One.

Camilamazed
12-19-2006, 08:50 PM
MMM... Maybe... the only thing we can do is see how Offspring dies slowly

I wouldn't say that before listening to the new stuff. ;)

Ceejio21
12-20-2006, 01:54 AM
Yeah,

I have to say I am in agreement with Venom's above post, in terms of consistency it would be more preferable to have Atom laying down all of the drums on the new record. However, if Atom's word is accurate then it looks as though we may have to make do with split drum parts recorded from different sessions.

Again, I doubt that if you listened to the record, it would be hard to differentiate between who recorded drums on each song as Dexter will most likely be writing the parts and it being a case of Atom or Josh playing them out.

I reckon it is the issue of principle here as Venom said, as fans would prefer the recently appointed drummer (who now features in all lasest band pictures) to record the full catalogue of drum parts. Sure Atom has fresh committments but what's to say they can't put the date back by a month or so allowing Atom to record for longer?

Final point...after all said and done from hearing Atom's news (for the purposes of hypothetical discussion) what's to say that Josh isn't currently in there doing some studio sessions just to help get a feel for the drum parts and laying the tempo down for some tracks for Atom just to follow up and record the final part? How much realistically do you think has been recorded that is now set in stone and not subject to change before the final cut?

Ceej x

Dexter_H
12-20-2006, 02:20 AM
I'm sick of Freese working with the Offspring because he should be working with the Vandals. It's the first time since 1991 that they haven't put out an album at least every 2 years.

Dexter_italy
12-20-2006, 02:38 AM
I agree with most of this, but a couple things.

On a side note, I really hope the new album will list who drummed on which tracks. Usually they just do this whole "All songs written and performed by the Offspring". They even did that with Splinter, even though Josh wasn't in the band. I wonder how they'll divide it up in the booklet.

Wrong wrong wrooong :D Pick up the splinter booklet and you'll read "the offspring are: Dexter, Noodles, Greg, then you'll see additional musician: Drums: Josh freese"
________
Blonde Russian (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/322/russian/videos/1)

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2006, 06:49 AM
I'm sick of Freese working with the Offspring because he should be working with the Vandals. It's the first time since 1991 that they haven't put out an album at least every 2 years.

You realize that he's in a lot more bands than the Vandals and does studio work for a lot more bands than the Offspring, right? Look at his website. He was a MEMBER of A Perfect Circle and I think he's still a member of this newest incarnation of Guns 'N Roses.

Dexter_H
12-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Well it was a sarcastic comment... aimed to juxtapose all these cries for Freese to drum on the new album, as well as show my desire for a new vandals album. I am well aware of Freese's drumming endeavors.

EDIT: I thought I'd go check out his discography; see if anything had been updated. Much to my surprise he drummed for Australian pop group "The Veronica's" album. lolz.

Autonomist
12-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Much to my surprise he drummed for Australian pop group "The Veronica's" album. lolz.

:eek: .

Mucho Macho
12-20-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm also against the idea of using two different drummers...
As you guys already said, Atom is the drummer now and no one else so he should do both recording and performing live. And if he doens't have time for this due to AVA (which would mean that he can't combine both) they should kick him out of the band and take someone else for recording the new album and touring afterwards.
I also don't understand why Dexter doesn't say anything about this topic on the website. On one hand he says that they actually DO read the bbs and on the other hand he only adds useless info (if you can call it info) like "I'm happy with the way the guitars are sounding" and shit like that. The least he could do is writing some lines about this and explaining to the fans what is really going on with the band (and then I really mean the band, not their music). The only thing we know now comes from the fans on the bbs...
P.S.: like someone else said I also don't understand why they start recording at a moment that Atom is touring with AVA for about one single month. Why couldn't they wait a month longer and then start recording with him from the first place?

malibu43
12-20-2006, 09:58 AM
P.S.: like someone else said I also don't understand why they start recording at a moment that Atom is touring with AVA for about one single month. Why couldn't they wait a month longer and then start recording with him from the first place?

Like someone else, said, just because someone else is laying down drum tracks doesn't meant that Atom can't come back and re-record all of them.

Oxygene
12-20-2006, 12:43 PM
what difference is it to all of you? dexter writes the drums anyway, it's not gonna be different, because freese is doing it...
Anyway, if they want to record now, who gives a shit why atom is available, they record now. I thought punk rock was supposed to be about doing what you fucking wanna do?

HeadAroundU
12-20-2006, 03:33 PM
So why bring in Josh again? It was a cool gesture for him to be on Splinter, but there's no fucking reason for him to be now.
Because of "Pass me by" and AVA?

Something interesting:
"Josh Freese has recently contributed drum tracks for Lostprophets 3rd album - Liberation Transmission. He recorded all his parts in two days. Travis Barker was originally the session drummer of choice for the 3rd Lostprophets' effort, but the producer (Bob Rock) had worked with Josh Freese before and wanted him as the session drummer for the album instead."

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2006, 03:39 PM
LOL, that's funny about Lostprophets. Josh is a machine.

nameless
12-20-2006, 04:16 PM
i cant understand why its such an issue they are using josh for some of the tracks. atom has said that dexter is very particular about how the drums sound, so it doesnt matter who records them, they are pretty much gonna be in the same style as previous albums. atom isnt going to come in and do something completely new and different.

the 2 schedules clashed, theres nothing more to it, if dexter, greg, noodles or the management had a problem with atom being in ava, they would say something rather than just letting it pass and trying to work around it.

the label may want the album released at a certain time and maybe they needed to keep recording (using josh) to keep on schedule. that may sound ridiculous to some of you, but it does happen or there may be other factors affecting it. its not just the band doing their own thing all the time.

they have one of the best session drummers in the studio with them, i doubt he would come cheaply so they obviously want to make use of the time and record what they can.

i dont know why they didnt want to wait however long it was for atom to get back so they could record with him but they had their reasons for starting. he is still gonna tour and record with them and is still part of the band until we hear otherwise. certain things have meant he wont record on a few tracks, which in my opinion, is hardly the end of the world.

Venom Symbiote
12-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Like we said, we don't give a flying Zimbabwean about that aspect of it. Of course the drums are going to sound the same. They could have Oscar the Grouch playing on his trashcan with a dead rat and we'd get the same drumlines.

It's the fact that it doesn't need to be this way. Josh is great, but Josh is Josh. Josh isn't Atom. Obviously. Atom = Offspring drummer. Josh = generic (if completely awesome) studio musician. An exceptionally talented hired goon.

Atom could have recorded this entire thing. No problem. Not even much of a record delay.

So what is this? Impatience?

I just don't see the motivation behind this.

DeAtHsTaR
12-20-2006, 05:55 PM
As much as I wish that were true, it isn't :(

Yes, I like blink.

Mark said it.

Oxygene
12-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Like we said, we don't give a flying Zimbabwean about that aspect of it. Of course the drums are going to sound the same. They could have Oscar the Grouch playing on his trashcan with a dead rat and we'd get the same drumlines.

It's the fact that it doesn't need to be this way. Josh is great, but Josh is Josh. Josh isn't Atom. Obviously. Atom = Offspring drummer. Josh = generic (if completely awesome) studio musician. An exceptionally talented hired goon.

Atom could have recorded this entire thing. No problem. Not even much of a record delay.

So what is this? Impatience?

I just don't see the motivation behind this.

There could be a million reasons, maybe this way they can plan the next year with release in a perticular time a tour in a perticular time, be home for bdays and what not.. it's complicated, but they have to be away from their families with young kids alot when they tour, and maybe this it's more important to them to be able to work around proper things. Maybe Noodles' or Greg's kid is going to 1st grade in school in september, and they want to take them, and if they don't start now, they won't finish in time, and blah blah blah.. who the hell knows, maybe the tour manager they want to go on tour with is busy god knows when or WHATEVER.. they could have a million reasons, if it's so important to you as a xmas present to you I'll find out.

Venom Symbiote
12-20-2006, 06:30 PM
All I'm saying is, there wouldn't even be that much of a delay, provided Atom is finishing his AvA tour soon as people seem to be saying.

Apathy
12-20-2006, 06:30 PM
they have one of the best session drummers in the studio with them, i doubt he would come cheaply

You don't know that... Josh Freese and the Offspring are good friends from what I know. They work with each other often, Dexter helped with Vandals tracks all the time and they used to be on his label.
They might be paying him, but it seems to me that Josh could just as likely be doing it as a favor to them. Besides, he's probably filthy rich.

Mark said it.
linky? I posted this in a blink thread a while back, but my source was Tom and I don't trust a single thing he says.

EMehl6
12-20-2006, 06:39 PM
linky? I posted this in a blink thread a while back, but my source was Tom and I don't trust a single thing he says.

Me either, and they had posted it on a (+44) fansite, and then took it back saying it was false info. I really don't think it's gonna happen.

Anyway, back to the whole Atom dillema.
Seriously, it doesn't matter who does the drums. Atom's busy, touring with AvA and working on a new album with them. As other people have pointed out, there are a shitload of other things that come into play as well. Josh is doing part of the drum tracking. Get over it. Just be happy we're getting a new album.

Venom Symbiote
12-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Seriously, it doesn't matter who does the drums.

Oh, but it does. Atom is their drummer.

Just be happy we're getting a new album? That's shitty logic. The fact we are getting a new album, and probably at least another couple after that, we have the right to expect certain things out of them. One of the more basic things being that if you hire a permanent drummer, he should be the one drumming.

People are talking about this like Atom is just a studio drummer or a touring fill-in or something.

EMehl6
12-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Dude, did you read anything I said? Not only is he touring with AvA, he's begining work on a new album with them, as we speak.

Venom Symbiote
12-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Ok. I didn't even know that.

It still doesn't change a lot, though. The Offspring could easily delay to make room for him. Or conversely even AvA appreciating that the guy has a schedule and giving him a week or two to track for the Offspring disc. Either way.

Oxygene
12-21-2006, 02:38 AM
All I'm saying is, there wouldn't even be that much of a delay, provided Atom is finishing his AvA tour soon as people seem to be saying.

Maybe Atom needs 3 weeks of undisturbed whacking off after a tour... who knows. Anyway, I said I'd find out for you and I will :)

Awesome_Avril
12-21-2006, 04:53 AM
When I spoke to Atom on Monday, he said that he could work on AvA's new CD and record with Offspring. He is very proud of his work with AvA because he is getting to write the percussion for all of their songs. And he should be proud of it because the drums were good!!! He said that AvA is his creative outlet and does not get to do that with Offspring. He also is very aware of all of the members on this board who have expressed how much they hate Tom DeLonge. So he does get online and reads the threads. He mentioned that to me and he really doesn't understand it.

The first thing that he asked me after we met after the show was how did I like the show. He seemed very interested in and concerned about what I thought about the show. I think that he is interested in putting out a quality product for both Offspring and Ava. He wants people to enjoy the show.

Venom Symbiote
12-21-2006, 04:59 AM
Yeah, but Tom DeLone is a dumbfuck. One of the few things members of this board are unanimously right about.

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Avril, thanks. It's really weird to me too why people have such unbridled hatred for anything that could be seen as being in some imaginary competition with the Offspring.

HeadAroundU
12-21-2006, 02:43 PM
It still doesn't change a lot, though. The Offspring could easily delay to make room for him. Or conversely even AvA appreciating that the guy has a schedule and giving him a week or two to track for the Offspring disc. Either way.
I think they could easily make a room for Atom but I believe that everything plays into Dexter's cards! I bet that Dexter likes Josh's drumming and wants him on the record. He found Bob Rock who worked with Josh. Plus there is an unfinished "Pass me by".

And what bugs me is people saying that Dexter is writting the drum tabs. Well, I don't see into it too much. I don't have a band or anything but I know that you still need a fucking kick ass drummer. Maybe Dexter has some ideas but definitely the last word should have a drummer. I believe that Josh could easily transform Dexter's ideas on Splinter and Dexter was blowed away by him. As we know they asked him to stay as a permanent drummer.

Yeah, but Tom DeLone is a dumbfuck. One of the few things members of this board are unanimously right about.
Tell me about him. Why he is a dumbfuck?

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 02:47 PM
And what bugs me is people saying that Dexter is writting the drum tabs. Well, I don't see into it too much. I don't have a band or anything but I know that you still need a fucking kick ass drummer. Maybe Dexter has some ideas but definitely the last word should have a drummer.

Did you read anything Ron said when he left? He said Dexter wrote all the drum parts and is very particular about how he wants them to sound. With all due respect, the way you think a drummer should have input into a song is irrelevant here. The drummer, whomever he is, in the Offspring does not write his own parts.

HeadAroundU
12-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Did you read anything Ron said when he left? He said Dexter wrote all the drum parts and is very particular about how he wants them to sound. With all due respect, the way you think a drummer should have input into a song is irrelevant here. The drummer, whomever he is, in the Offspring does not write his own parts.
Well, point taken, like I said I don't see into it that much. Maybe he should try to lay them down by himself. He must be good by now. We have seen him on video from 1982 hitting drums like Oscar the grouch on his trashcan. :p

Venom Symbiote
12-21-2006, 03:52 PM
You're telling me you have a problem with Oscar? That guy is my fucking idol, man.

nameless
12-21-2006, 03:54 PM
i agree, i think people read too much into the quotes that dexter writes the drum parts, personally i think he dictates how he wants the drums to sound rather than actually sitting down and tabbing it all out.

finally, people seem to understand that there are many reasons why atom hasnt recorded from the start.

the offspring arent the first band that have had a problem (if you can call it that) with a members other commitments and have had to bring in someone else to help out, and they wont be the last.

the vandals for example, they used 2 drummers on look what i almost stepped in (josh freese and brooks wackerman). josh freese is a member and part of the band but they still get brooks wackerman to fill in and they also used byron from pennywise recently.

the fact of the matter is, it happens. its not just a case of him being with the offspring so everything needs to be done with him.

Venom Symbiote
12-21-2006, 04:06 PM
the fact of the matter is, it happens.

Not with The Offspring it doesn't. :mad: Stop being a smug motherfucker. You know up until now this band hasn't worked this way, so stop being a flea-bitten retard.

EMehl6
12-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Not with The Offspring it doesn't. :mad: Stop being a smug motherfucker. You know up until now this band hasn't worked this way, so stop being a flea-bitten retard.

Up until now the band didn't have a drummer that did 57623562387564 side projects.

Venom Symbiote
12-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Atom? Try, what, 2? AvA and the thing with Pat Wilson.

He's been in many many bands, but he's not anymore, right?

EMehl6
12-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Atom? Try, what, 2? AvA and the thing with Pat Wilson.

He's been in many many bands, but he's not anymore, right?

My point was the Offspring have never had a drummer involved with other bands. Involvment with other bands means your priorties are split and what not.

I have no idea if he's in any other bands.

Dexter_H
12-21-2006, 04:50 PM
The thing is, I think Atom sees airwaves as his main project now. The Offspring is his side project.

Venom Symbiote
12-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Which makes sense. Until AvA break up then he changes his mind yet again.

nameless
12-22-2006, 09:10 PM

ok, so it hasnt worked like this before, but for whatever reason, a few years ago ron couldnt play a few gigs so josh freese played with them.

its not the same as a recording session i know, but there was an issue that needed sorting. with recording or touring (or any job for that matter), things wont just stop because one person isnt available.

the offspring are happy to let atom play with ava, if they can cope with it, i dont see why others cant!

Venom Symbiote
12-23-2006, 06:46 AM
...Shut up, please. I don't want people like you agreeing with me.

nameless
12-23-2006, 07:56 PM
...Shut up, please. I don't want people like you agreeing with me.

read the post again, what gives you the impression im agreeing with you?!

its "people like you" who need to realise this is the way the offspring are doing things on the new album!

Venom Symbiote
12-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Be quiet. Please.

Little_Miss_1565
12-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Talking to yourself again, Venom? He's got a valid point.

Venom Symbiote
12-24-2006, 12:12 AM
I never pretend to be sane. Away with you.

Little_Miss_1565
12-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Sorry, for some reason the Offspring like having the moderators around.

Venom Symbiote
12-24-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah. It's such a shame. :) Makes being an asshole a little more difficult at times.

Anyhoo, I'm out. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night. *nods, waves*