Nina
12-19-2006, 03:46 AM
It's very random but I must know.

ninthlayer
12-19-2006, 03:47 AM
I prefer you sitting on my face.

Nina
12-19-2006, 03:48 AM
oh sweetheart, let me fondle your ...eggs.

JoY
12-19-2006, 03:51 AM
just ate one this morning. as I do most mornings. it's like a tradition, except when my boyfriend & I don't have much time/don't eat breakfast together.

I like mine boiled for like 4-5 minutes, so the egg yolk (?) is still slimey & soft, but the egg white is well boiled & yum. scooping it out with a tiny spoon & some salt is yay, but even better is putting it on a warm, crispy, toasted slice of bread. oh, BABY.

Nina
12-19-2006, 03:53 AM
but even better is putting it on a warm, crispy, toasted slice of bread. oh, BABY.

very yes!

ten.

Jakebert
12-19-2006, 03:54 AM
I like them, but I don't eat them much because I get horrible gas.

JoY
12-19-2006, 03:54 AM
oh sweetheart, let me fondle your ...eggs.

oooo, sexy?

I have some soft, small melons for you to fondle.. like melons?

All About Eve
12-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Me me! I like melons!

On the otherhand, boiled eggs are gross.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 03:59 AM
I loooooove hard boiled eggs. I cook them fully, because I love the texture of teh boiled yolk. I keep a pepper shaker and a salt shaker ready, because I need to get every single bite just enough.

I love all eggs, but sadly, they make my stomach feel bad afterward. Egg in a hats are awesome... so are omlets... and fried egg sandwiches... and scrambled eggs with onions and peppers mixed in... and oh dear. Eggs are glorious. Stupid stomach. :(

the_GoDdEsS
12-19-2006, 04:00 AM
I barely ever eat eggs. If so, hard-boiled.

Nina
12-19-2006, 04:07 AM
So...why do eggs make people feel sick or have stomach problems? Many people get that from what I know.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 04:12 AM
So...why do eggs make people feel sick or have stomach problems? Many people get that from what I know.
I have no idea. I didn't know it was common, either.

I can't boil eggs, I'll try learn this Christmas, but when ppl make me eggs it's okay, I like them fried, but not too much of them, then it's the overdose & I feel like throwing up.
You can't... boil eggs? Are you sure? You seriously put some water in a pot, put some eggs in the water, and boil the water for 5-10 minutes, depending on how much you want them boiled.

Fried eggs is where I struggle. My friends have banned me from frying eggs because I always fail miserably at cracking an egg. I'm too wimpy about it, haha. the crack takes forever and then the egg slowly slides through the crack before it's fully cracked. Then there's just a big mess on the pan. :(

JoY
12-19-2006, 04:15 AM
I'm the queen at cracking eggs. 4srs, I am. no mess, yolk intact, *kisses fingertips* perfect. I don't like fried eggs much, though. I used to love them, especially after a field hockey game, but with the butter & stuff... I've grown to hate the fatty taste of butter, which I loved as a kid. so no fried eggs for me.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 04:16 AM
Butter? Fried eggs? When do you put butter on fried eggs? I just spray some spray on the pan, fry the egg, put some pepper and salt on it, and dip some warm toast in the yolk (hell yesss to sunny side up!). No butter.

JoY
12-19-2006, 04:22 AM
Butter? Fried eggs? When do you put butter on fried eggs? I just spray some spray on the pan, fry the egg, put some pepper and salt on it, and dip some warm toast in the yolk (hell yesss to sunny side up!). No butter.

you put butter in the pan, let it melt until it's still, then toss in the eggs. spray is for savages.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 04:27 AM
you put butter in the pan, let it melt until it's still, then toss in the eggs. spray is for savages.

haha... you complain about how unhealthy butter is, but it's savage to use spray. :p I'd rather be healthier and enjoy my eggs. :)

JoY
12-19-2006, 04:42 AM
I don't mind that butter is unhealthy, the fat combined with the fat & proteins of eggs just upsets my stomach & makes me feel nauseous. like I said, after doing sports, I used to LOVE fried eggs. now I quit doing sports, my tummy has just turned into a total wuss.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 04:43 AM
Ah, I gotcha.

You know, that's probably why my stomach is fucked up lately. It started getting bad once I quit band. My stomach has become really sensitive to a lot of things... maybe it's because I'm not in shape anymore. Maybe I'll find time in January to start working out again... hmm.

the_GoDdEsS
12-19-2006, 04:51 AM
Isn't it funny how years and years ago there was not such a high risk of getting salmonellosis? I remember as kids we could eat slightly cooked eggs without being worried. Nowadays I'd never do that with eggs I buy in the supermarket. Maybe that's one thing that made me eat them less. But I still enjoy a hard-boiled egg in baked potato. Or well-done scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onions and sprinkled with cayenne pepper.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 04:54 AM
Isn't it funny how years and years ago there was not such a high risk of getting salmonellosis? I remember as kids we could eat slightly cooked eggs without being worried. Nowadays I'd never do that with eggs I buy in the supermarket.

Weird, actually. Here, I feel like it was the reverse. When I was a kid, I was always warned to NEVER eat raw cookie dough, or drink home made egg nog. I feel like now, everyone does both and there are no worries about it. This might be a dumb question, but where do you guys get your eggs from? As in, what country/area?

Tizzalicious
12-19-2006, 04:58 AM
I voted yes, but I only like the yellow!

the_GoDdEsS
12-19-2006, 04:59 AM
Our own country. Don't get me wrong, it's not like they are bad or anything. But there's still a tiny risk when you buy food which you don't cook yourself. Or eggs. Maybe I'm paranoid about supermarket eggs because as a child we always had fresh ones either ours or from relatives. And that was 100% safe. Thing is, eggs go bad pretty fast. And diseases scare me.

the_GoDdEsS
12-19-2006, 05:00 AM

Ha, me too. As a kid I'd scrape the white off and eat the yellow ball!

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 05:01 AM
I just spray some spray on the pan, fry the egg, put some pepper and salt on it, and dip some warm toast in the yolk (hell yesss to sunny side up!). No butter.

I'm highly tempted to go do this right now. Except I use oil, not spray.

I love all eggs, but sadly, they make my stomach feel bad afterward. Egg in a hats are awesome... so are omlets... and fried egg sandwiches... and scrambled eggs with onions and peppers mixed in... and oh dear. Eggs are glorious. Stupid stomach. :(

You just gained points.

It should be obvious by now that I like boiled eggs.

killer_queen
12-19-2006, 05:02 AM
Boiled eggs are gross. Any kind of eggs are gross. I can't even put them in my mouth so no one can expect me to swallow it.
I do like eggnog though. I used to have a lovely neighbour who was an american and she brought me eggnog on every christmas. yum.

Tizzalicious
12-19-2006, 05:15 AM
Ha, me too. As a kid I'd scrape the white off and eat the yellow ball!

Haha, with hardboiled ones I don't mind as much (I still don't like it though), but soft ones...eeew, the white there just makes me gag, I would always eat the middle, like dip in bits of toast, and then give the white to my parents. Actually, I still do that whenever I eat egg ;)

I miss the times we could eat dough, and batter especially, yumz.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 05:17 AM
That is, by far the best part. And as the goddess said, I used to not eat the white when I was little and just eat the yolk. My mom used to get so mad at me for wasting the white.

Our own country. Don't get me wrong, it's not like they are bad or anything. But there's still a tiny risk when you buy food which you don't cook yourself. Or eggs. Maybe I'm paranoid about supermarket eggs because as a child we always had fresh ones either ours or from relatives. And that was 100% safe. Thing is, eggs go bad pretty fast. And diseases scare me.
Hmm. I think eggs last a really long time, haha. Maybe you are paranoid. I'm like that with milk. I annoy everyone... I always smell the milk before I drink it, and I always think it smells like it's gone bad, but it's always fine. I filed a big complaint at my dining services my freshman year of college because I thought their milk bottles were not refrigerated well enough, haha! Man. Me + milk = humor.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 05:19 AM
Haha, with hardboiled ones I don't mind as much (I still don't like it though), but soft ones...eeew, the white there just makes me gag, I would always eat the middle, like dip in bits of toast, and then give the white to my parents. Actually, I still do that whenever I eat egg ;)
Dipping toast in egg yolk = many, many yums. Goood I wish I had eggs.

I miss the times we could eat dough, and batter especially, yumz.
raw cookie dough is heaven. I also wish I had a bowl of it. Or cookie dough ice cream.

Tizzalicious
12-19-2006, 05:26 AM
You are making me hungry!

Cookie dough is good without egg too though, I made Per some cookies last month, and I kept eating the dough.

killer_queen
12-19-2006, 05:32 AM
raw cookie dough is heaven. I also wish I had a bowl of it. Or cookie dough ice cream.
As much as I hate eggs I have to agree with this. But honestly, it doesn't taste that good when you have a huge bowl of it. It's so much better when you're making cookies and only allowed to taste it with fingers.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 05:36 AM
You're right, probably. I've never actually had a whole bowl of it, and I'd probably get really sick of it if I did. Cookie Dough ice cream is perfect, though.

and has anyone tried those Egg Beaters? So gross. I hate them. They should die.

JoY
12-19-2006, 05:36 AM
Dipping toast in egg yolk = many, many yums. Goood I wish I had eggs.

I have eggs!

I always pinch my fork in the egg yolk when it's on my toast. I guess it's the same effect -> muchos egg yolk on toast, YUMZ!

cookie dough ice cream = *orgasms*. holy mack. especially Ben & Jerry's. *faints* I used to eat that stuff until I bursted & then I was nauseous like crazy:( , but still ate more of it anyway, because it's so yummy & in the end I'd end up complaining my tummy was too small.:o

Llamas
12-19-2006, 05:37 AM
especially Ben & Jerry's. *faints*

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES *orgasms with you*

Nina
12-19-2006, 05:46 AM
Cookie dough is good without egg too though, I made Per some cookies last month, and I kept eating the dough.

I agree, I dont think my self-made cookies taste too good, but the dough is delicious!

And: THAT'S IT, I'm making myself eggs now.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 05:51 AM
I agree, I dont think my self-made cookies taste too good, but the dough is delicious!

And: THAT'S IT, I'm making myself eggs now.

Will you email me some? I don't have any eggs. :(

Nina
12-19-2006, 05:52 AM
ohh..I'm sorry. That sucks.
My mom is obsessed with boiled eggs. We always have colored (!) boiled eggs in the fridge. haha.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 05:56 AM
So, you won't email me some? Bitch.

And colored? Haha, do you use like easter dye?

khaaaaan
12-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Yes, I do like boiled eggs Nina.

Tijs
12-19-2006, 08:06 AM
I love boiled eggs, but I don't like the yellow part of it..

Sinister
12-19-2006, 08:12 AM
I love eggs boiled until the yellow is firm.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 08:14 AM
I am confused as to why so many people call the yolk the "yellow". ??

Tijs
12-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Because I didn't know it was called 'yolk' until now.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Haha, oh. :p

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 08:19 AM
A lot of people do it. I assume it's the same reason some people like their steaks rare and call the blood "juice". Some people like euphimisms for their food.

Plus, it makes sense, since we do call the other part the "white".

Oddly, when it comes to boiled eggs I actually prefer the white part.

Tijs
12-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Haha, oh. :pHonestly, I call it in Dutch 'the yellow' too, except I say it in Dutch; 'het gele'.

the_GoDdEsS
12-19-2006, 08:22 AM
We call it "the yellow" in Slovak. Although I know it's yolk in English, I don't know why I keep saying yellow. Maybe it's just we all assume it's something perfectly understandable. Since there's just the white and the yellow.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 08:24 AM
A lot of people do it. I assume it's the same reason some people like their steaks rare and call the blood "juice". Some people like euphimisms for their food.

Plus, it makes sense, since we do call the other part the "white".

Oddly, when it comes to boiled eggs I actually prefer the white part.
I did think of the "white" vs. "yellow" part... I still think it's odd. But the "juice" thing is much different. I think that that's because people don't like to talk about eating blood in their food. That's like calling it meat instead of muscle. ;)

Honestly, I call it in Dutch 'the yellow' too, except I say it in Dutch; 'het gele'.
Ah, well then you're off the hook. That makes sense that you'd call it that, then.

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 08:27 AM
But the "juice" thing is much different. I think that that's because people don't like to talk about eating blood in their food. That's like calling it meat instead of muscle.

As I said, euphimisms. The word "yolk" could potentially remind you that you're eating an egg, and exactly what an egg is. This could put you off your food.

Lodat225
12-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Eggs are disgusting... especially the yolk (SP?).

Tired_Of_You
12-19-2006, 08:36 AM
In French I call it yellow too, which is jaune. Can't remember if there's a name for that. I hate the yolk. Ew. The only way I eat eggs is when they're scrambled. I don't like omlets, though.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Omlets are the BEST ways to eat eggs EVER. Especially when filled with CHEESE.

Lodat225
12-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Omlets are the BEST ways to eat eggs EVER. Especially when filled with CHEESE.

Ewwwwwwww.

Tired_Of_You
12-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Maybe. Not for me, though. :/ I used to not like eggs sandwich ((?) obviously scrambled only), sooo maybe one day I'll like omlets. Tastes change.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Egg sandwiches taste so different, though. I don't know why. Did you have them hot or cold?

Nina, I love this thread, but it really makes me wish I had eggs. :(

Tired_Of_You
12-19-2006, 08:42 AM
I didn't like them whether they were cold or hot. Now, I like them hot. Cold is okay, but not as good.

I was not comparing eggs sandwich and omlets, though. It's been such a long time I ate an omlet... Maybe I'd like them now, though it would surprise me. I don't want to try, because I'm sure I won't like that. The only way I'll try that is if my mother decides to make one.

the_GoDdEsS
12-19-2006, 08:43 AM
This reminds me I forgot all about dinner rolls/toast coated in egg and fried. Zomg! <3

Lodat225
12-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Disgusting i tell you.

HeadAroundU
12-19-2006, 02:47 PM
I love them. Soft-boiled with salt are the best. But I don't eat salt anymore. Salt kills!!!1 :(

the_GoDdEsS
12-19-2006, 02:57 PM
But...but...what happened to soľ nad zlato? :(

Rag Doll
12-19-2006, 03:06 PM
So, I agree with everything Gulsah said in this thread. Yes.

Any eggs = ew
cookie dough = yay

HeadAroundU
12-19-2006, 03:50 PM
But...but...what happened to soľ nad zlato? :(
It's changed to "Hau nad zlato".

Tizzalicious
12-20-2006, 12:07 AM
I am confused as to why so many people call the yolk the "yellow". ??

Have you ever looked at it? It's yellow!

Now for a gross story to put everyone off eggs: I was once at a friend's place, they had their own chicken, so their own eggs, too. But somehow the rooster managed to get with the chicken, and we didn't know. So we were gonna make scrambled eggs one day, and sure enough, we ended up with an embryo in our pan.

I'm SO happy we decided on scrambled eggs, and not a soft boiled one. Imagine dipping your toast in, having a few bites, and THEN finding the embryo. Gross gross gross. It put me off eggs for a good while.

JoY
12-20-2006, 02:09 AM
ugh, I had that a couple of times too. guhross. & kinda sad.:(

Llamas
12-20-2006, 03:11 AM
Have you ever looked at it? It's yellow!

And the sky is blue, but you don't hear people going around saying, "Wow, the blue is so clear today!" :p

Tizzalicious
12-20-2006, 03:13 AM
:(

Good point. But if the clouds were called the "whites" then you probably would!

JoY
12-20-2006, 03:13 AM
in Dutch (& apparently in more languages) it's called egg-yellow. &.. you know what eggs look like, so yeah.. fitting, no?

Llamas
12-20-2006, 03:27 AM

Whatever, the only time colors are accurate words for things are with races! Reds, blacks, whites... asians? haha.

in Dutch (& apparently in more languages) it's called egg-yellow. &.. you know what eggs look like, so yeah.. fitting, no?
The yolk turns green after you boil it! So what if I called it the green after boiling?? You'd think I was going to go enjoy part of a golf course!

killer_queen
12-20-2006, 03:31 AM
PWNAGE!

We call the yolks yellow in Turkish too. Yay!

By the way, how exactly the yolks turn green after boiling? Is there something wrong with your eggs?

Tizzalicious
12-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Whatever, the only time colors are accurate words for things are with races! Reds, blacks, whites... asians? haha.

That brings me to: Would you call an Asian (yellow) a yolk?

Llamas
12-20-2006, 03:53 AM
That brings me to: Would you call an Asian (yellow) a yolk?

haha that's the best idea I've heard all day. From now on, Or4ng3 is our resident Yolk. :)

Tired_Of_You
12-20-2006, 08:44 AM
By the way, how exactly the yolks turn green after boiling? Is there something wrong with your eggs?I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is weird.

Nina
12-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Yeah, why green?

And in German it's called "egg-yellow", too. haha.

Tizzalicious
12-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Eggs are like abortions.

Nina
12-20-2006, 10:20 AM
oh man, stop!
I had forgotten about your story because I read it sometime this morning, way before I replied to the topic again.

Tizzalicious
12-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Hope you weren't about to eat an egg!

Nina
12-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Thankfully I wasnt ;D
I'm really thankful for growing up in the city. People who live in the country see and experience things I never want to see or experience.

Camilamazed
12-20-2006, 11:54 AM
I rarely eat eggs. Hard-boiled for me.

PS: I can't get how people can eat eggs, bacon, pancakes for breakfast. I only have a cup of coffee with milk and bread or sometimes crackers.

Nina
12-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Maybe I have an explenation:
I usually wait for at least 40min until I eat something for breakfast. Before that I dont have anything except tea. So, after 40min I am indeed able to eat a heavier breakfast, and the hungier I am, the better it tastes! omg I love food.

the_GoDdEsS
12-20-2006, 11:57 AM
It must be eating habits. Slovaks eat too little for breakfast, then we have a huge lunch at noon with soup and another cooked meal, then a (mostly) light and usually uncooked dinner.

Camilamazed
12-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah. Although people here eat a lot for breakfast. Fruits are the main part of breakfast. I just spotted that because I can't eat a lot during the morning. It's just that my stomach doesn't "allow" me to.

Nina
12-20-2006, 12:00 PM
The German food habits are really weird imo, is anyone out there who relates to this?

breakfast - bread with cheese and/or "Wurst", which is basically meat.
lunch - cooked meal. usually something with potatoes, haha.
dinner - uncooked, same as breakfast but probably with more Wurst ;P

That's not my personal eating habit, but it's my bf's cause he's, well, German.

Camilamazed
12-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Here:

Breakfast: Fruits, juices, coffe, milk, crakers & bread with either butter or jams, ham & cheese.

Lunch: Rice, beans, potatos either mashed, fried or cooked, steak and lots of green salads and vegetables. Pasta or fish sometimes.

The same apply for dinner. There are people that take snacks to avoid dinner.

killer_queen
12-20-2006, 12:10 PM
I can't remember where I heard it but someone told me that Europeans don't like having breakfast.

We, Turks have a mix of mediterranean breakfast and the classic village breakfast which contains cheese, butter, black olives, olive oil, jam, honey, eggs, tea, etc. I love it. And I'm hungries...

Nina
12-20-2006, 12:13 PM
You really have olives for breakfast? I love olives so much but I dont think I could have something spicy for breakfast! (or do you have plain olives?) Fata cheese is an exception!

Camilamazed
12-20-2006, 12:13 PM
We here only eat olives with pasta or pizza =|

Nina
12-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Persians always have olives and other "tinned" food (no idea if that's the right term) with our lunch and dinner and I adore this about the culture. It's similar to what the Greek have, which is no surprise.

killer_queen
12-20-2006, 12:22 PM
You really have olives for breakfast? I love olives so much but I dont think I could have something spicy for breakfast! (or do you have plain olives?) Fata cheese is an exception!

Yeees, we add even more spices in it. With a little extra virgin olive oil and a glass of fresh orange juice you can have the best breakfast.

I don't understand how you guys eat ham and stuff for breakfast. Meat makes me sick in the mornings.

Nina
12-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah, lately I've felt sick as well. all I have in the morning is some bread with margarine.

Vera
12-20-2006, 12:37 PM

Finnish, too. Must be a semi-Germanic loan. "keltuainen" to be specific - 'keltainen' means yellow. Similarly, egg whites = valkuainen - and valkoinen means white.

I love boiled eggs. I have a rule about not eating too many, though, so if at all, I eat two eggs a week. Some herb salt, eat it with a spoon. Yummy.

I've never been a fan of eggs in any other format, like scrambled or fried. So boiled it is.

Rar, German wurst! The only Finnish breakfast tradition I find semi-original would be porridge. Not that most people do it, though. I used to, once, porridge and frozen blueberries (that melt nicely when the porridge is hot) were delish. I personally nowadays just drink massive amounts of tea late into the afternoon. My life sucks.

Paint_It_Black
12-20-2006, 04:04 PM
English breakfast is the best. Even Justin agrees, so it must be true.

Llamas
12-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Eggs are like abortions.

Because they taste good? I agree.

And English food in general is even blander than American.

Tizzalicious
12-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Maybe I have an explenation:
I usually wait for at least 40min until I eat something for breakfast. Before that I dont have anything except tea.

Same here, though if I have somewhere to go, or I woke up later than usual, I have an apple right away, otherwise, I wait a little, and then it's time for apple and coffee!

Over here people eat bread for breakfast (or crackers or whatever) mostly, with anything like cheese, lunchmeat, jam, peanutbutter of any of or dozen breadspreads (we have a lot!), same thing goes for lunch, and winner is the warm, cooked meal.

I have weird eating habits, I eat more smaller meals a day, but I do need that warm one at night, otherwise I get hungry!

Tizzalicious
12-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Because they taste good? I agree.

Yes! That, and they are unfinished babies you can eat!

Llamas
12-20-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes! That, and they are unfinished babies you can eat!

Haha, you make my day.

Tizzalicious
12-20-2006, 09:59 PM
I think I'm at my best early in the morning! (It's only 6.55 zomg)

Paint_It_Black
12-20-2006, 10:45 PM
And English food in general is even blander than American.

"English" food in general is actually quite multi-cultural and varied these days. But even traditional English dishes don't have to be bland. It all depends on what you to do to personalize it and make it your own.

Shepherd's Pie is a great example. You take your minced up beef (hamburger for you Yanks), cook it, then cover it in mashed potatoes. If you have any sense you then cover it in grated cheese and pop it in the oven. Done. Or, you can add all kind of seasonings to the meat, perhaps some onions, perhaps some mushrooms. You can add salsa if you want, it's all good.

It doesn't matter what nationality your food hails from, it's only ever going to be as bland as the person who prepares it. And with that I win.

Oh, and I was previously talking specifically about English breakfasts. Full English Breakfasts. Bacon, sausage (REAL ones nothing like American ones), fried bread etc.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-20-2006, 10:50 PM
The best thing I can say about food in England is that London has some great Indian restaurants that are far superior than any Indian food you can get in the US. And Indian food pwnz.

And I kinda like those cornish pasty thingamabobs.

Paint_It_Black
12-20-2006, 10:57 PM
And I kinda like those cornish pasty thingamabobs.

Everyone does. Did you have a cheese and onion one? My personal favourite.

Nina
12-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Oh, and I was previously talking specifically about English breakfasts. Full English Breakfasts. Bacon, sausage (REAL ones nothing like American ones), fried bread etc.

Oh how I miss this breakfast.
You forgot eggs and baked beans!

Vera
12-21-2006, 01:17 AM
English cuisine always makes me wonder: how come black pudding is actually a meat product?

Also, we have these in Finland, too, only we call them 'black sausages' because they're ACTUALLY sausages and not like, dessert.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Lawlz, the world's most respected food critic (Jacques Chirac) sez Finland and England have the worst food in all of Europe!

the_GoDdEsS
12-21-2006, 01:46 AM
English cuisine always makes me wonder: how come black pudding is actually a meat product?

Omfg, black pudding! Eastern Euros have that too. It's <33

Paint_It_Black
12-21-2006, 02:23 AM
Also, we have these in Finland, too, only we call them 'black sausages' because they're ACTUALLY sausages and not like, dessert.

Pudding doesn't have to be dessert. Take Yorkshire pudding, for example.

I don't remember liking black pudding, but then again I was a kid when I last had it. There's a great chance I'd love it now.

You forgot eggs and baked beans!

I covered it with "etc" :P

Vera
12-21-2006, 02:49 AM
Lawlz, the world's most respected food critic (Jacques Chirac) sez Finland and England have the worst food in all of Europe!

LAWLZ LAWLZ LAWLZ. Jacques Chirac hasn't tasted my cock, then.

Omfg, black pudding! Eastern Euros have that too. It's <33

It's pretty nice, yeah. It's a regional thing in Finland - "mustamakkara" is mostly available in a town called Tampere.

the_GoDdEsS
12-21-2006, 02:59 AM
Yeah, I've read it on Wiki. Looks like lotsa countries have black pudding, just with different names. And lolz, I remember Tampere from geography class in primary school, along with Turku for some reason. No idea in what connection it was though.

Vera
12-21-2006, 03:08 AM
Tampere is the biggest inland city (non-coast, that is) in Finland. Why you'd learn that in Slovakia, no idea, though - we sure as hell didn't learn all of your major cities in school. Turku is the 2nd biggest city - next to Helsinki of course, also former capital.

In Ireland we had a breakfast that contained also something called white pudding. It was like black pudding but white. I was enormously boggled by it.

the_GoDdEsS
12-21-2006, 03:13 AM
Tampere is the biggest inland city (non-coast, that is) in Finland. Why you'd learn that in Slovakia, no idea, though - we sure as hell didn't learn all of your major cities in school. Turku is the 2nd biggest city - next to Helsinki of course, also former capital.

That'd explain it probably. It's because our geo classes were pretty detailed when it comes to almost every country. I can't imagine anyone would learn about Slovakia though :P

White? I assume it was without the blood then?

Llamas
12-21-2006, 08:10 AM
I hate hate hate sausage. Italian, breakfast, any. It's just sick.

And pudding is lame. But that's just because it's sweet, haha.

the_GoDdEsS
12-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Don't think we were talking sweet pudding. Or did I miss something?

Llamas
12-21-2006, 08:18 AM
There's another kind of pudding? What is it made out of?? Maybe this was already discussed... I stopped reading when I saw "pudding" because I don't like it, haha.

the_GoDdEsS
12-21-2006, 08:22 AM
There's another kind of pudding? What is it made out of?? Maybe this was already discussed... I stopped reading when I saw "pudding" because I don't like it, haha.

Uhm, blood. Is called blood sausage in America, so it looks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

killer_queen
12-21-2006, 08:57 AM
^ disgusting. I don't understand how people can put that thing in their mouths.

the_GoDdEsS
12-21-2006, 09:01 AM
You'd think. But it tastes wonderful. I lurve it.

killer_queen
12-21-2006, 09:08 AM
But it's BLACK. And it has blood in it. How could it taste good? Hmm, I think I should taste it before saying something about it but...I don't think I can taste it unless I'm blind. It's like when pepsi had that blue soda. I couldn't even tasted it.

Nina
12-21-2006, 09:10 AM
I was very close to buying black pudding when I was in Stockholm. But then I decided to go for something more traditional (swedish!)...oh how wrong I was :[

Vera
12-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Brianna, read all the posts next time. I opened the topic of black pudding by inquiring how come it's called pudding when it's a MEAT product.

Turns out, such is the magical world of English cuisine.

I'm not a huge sausage lover, I've only eaten black pudding like twice.. It was nice enough.

Llamas
12-21-2006, 12:12 PM
I just realized the reason I didn't read it before. I saw the word blood and got really grossed out. I didn't realize still that it was not sweet, though.

Nina
12-21-2006, 01:05 PM
I forgot...you have a blood phobia, right?
poor thing :[